02-22-2004, 09:30 AM
1. Audioslave
2. Creed
3. Matchbox Twenty
4. Seether
5. Shinedown

luvscott4ever
02-22-2004, 10:14 AM
This is waayyy to hard to pick only 5!!! But I'll try. And these aren't in particular order:

1: Tool / A Perfect Circle
2: Creed
3: Godsmack
4: Disturbed
5: Korn

I put Tool and APC together, because of Maynard, this way it gave me one more pick!! This was too hard, I love soooo many more than these, but these would be the bands I listen to the most, I guess...

luvscott4ever
02-22-2004, 10:22 AM
And looking at who the others have picked so far, I could add some of them too: Seether, Audioslave, Sevendust, Metallica....this list of mine could go on 4ever!! ;) The funny part is, I've seen all of these bands live, with the exception of Tool :crying: and all of them last year. Of course, except Creed, because they didn't tour in 2003!! Here I go again: I NEED A CONCERT!! Sorry people, I'm just going a little nuts right now, it's been almost 3 months since my concert and I just can't stand it anymore!!! My daughter and I went thru our list of concerts for last year the other day and I counted 15 and none so far this year, this is why I'm sooo bummed!! Thanks for putting up with my rambling, I'll stop now!! :D

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 03:38 PM
My faves of all-time (this is tough):

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Johnny Cash
3. Bob Dylan
4. Ozzy/Black Sabbath
5. The Who
5a. Pearl Jam
5b. Creedence Clearwater Revival
:D

...etc...

bgivens33
02-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Personal favorites-(in no order seeing as it constantly changes)

Pearl Jam
Tool
Pink Floyd
Metallica
Coldplay

JulieCitySlicker
02-22-2004, 04:52 PM
3 Doors Down
Big Dismal
Revis
Greenwheel

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 04:55 PM
5 ??? Are you kidding me! :( I'll give it a try:

1. Creed
-- Heart

2. Alice in Chains/Jerry Cantrell
-- Audioslave/Chris Cornell

3. ManMade God
-- Shinedown
-- Sloth

4. The Mayfield Four
-- Sass Jordan

5. Jimi Hendrix
-- Fleetwood Mac

That was my TOP 5... Wow! A lot of them ended up by havin' the same score ;)

farmgirl
02-22-2004, 05:02 PM
The funny part is, I've seen all of these bands live, with the exception of Tool

I've seen all of my top 5 bands live too, several times each, with the exception of Metallica, which I will be seeing in May :D

I went to see Tool last year because the hubby is a big tool fan and I have to say, it was a unique show. Maynard performed the entire set on this revolving pedestal, which was set off towards the back of the stage, and he was wearing only a pair of black underwear. LOL Hopefully you'll get to see Tool soon. :)

RMadd
02-22-2004, 05:43 PM
1~Creed~
2~P.O.D.~
3~Staind~
4~Blindside~
5~Linkin Park~

also vying for these top spots were:
~matchbox twenty~
~Liquid Tension Experiment~
~Audioslave~
~Boston~

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 05:55 PM
LOL, farmgirl...I can't wait to see Tool. I've heard the visuals are very unusual as well, the artwork and all...As for the question...Man, this is really too hard to pick, but here are the ones I've really been into, by era because I'm old :D
In no particular order:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Hendrix
Yes
Neil Young/CSN/CSNY (ok, that was six)

U2
Springsteen
Metallica
R.E.M.

Alice In Chains/Jerry Cantrell
Tool/APC
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden/Chris Cornell
Nirvana

Creed
Chevelle
Audioslave
Mars Volta
Dust For Life

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Dogstar, it's not about age it's about greatness on their part and/or good taste on your part.

I mean look at my list and I'm 20. :D

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Dogstar, it's not about age

Agree!! :thumbsup:
When I was young (in the Ice Age) LOL!!! I was already interested in the 60s music... people were always surprised how many artists, bands and music I knew of. It was all because of my great interest in everything that had to do with music :D

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Agree!! :thumbsup:
When I was young (in the Ice Age) LOL!!! I was already interested in the 60s music... people were always surprised how many artists, bands and music I knew of. It was all because of my great interest in everything that had to do with music :D

LOL, it couldn't of been that long ago. I'm really into music from whenever as long as it's good especially the 50s till today. Of course I like classical music and such whenever it fits the mood.

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Dogstar, it's not about age it's about greatness on their part and/or good taste on your part.

I mean look at my list and I'm 20. :D
Heheh, I know :D. I was just using that as an excuse to pick more than five bands :D.

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 06:19 PM
LOL, it couldn't of been that long ago.

Oh yes it could!!! LOL!!! :D

I'm really into music from whenever as long as it's good especially the 50s till today. Of course I like classical music and such whenever it fits the mood.

I'm with ya on that Smilin... You do remind me of myself when I was your age according to music :)

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Heheh, I know :D. I was just using that as an excuse to pick more than five bands :D.

LMAO!!! Clever girl ey!!! :roll:

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM

Ahhh, very good. Well, then I shall get my list with one band on it for every year I've been alive. ;)

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Hahah, cool, SmilinSkullRing :D! If I did that, I would need a lot of pages ;)

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 06:24 PM
When I was young (in the Ice Age) LOL!!!

:roll: You are funny, WW!

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh yes it could!!! LOL!!! :D

I'm with ya on that Smilin... You do remind me of myself when I was your age according to music :)

LOL!

Hey, you know who I've recently discovered (I should probably start a thread about them)? Great band out of Texas called Los Lonely Boys - http://www.loslonelyboys.org :thumbsup:

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Hahah, cool, SmilinSkullRing :D! If I did that, I would need a lot of pages ;)

Haha...

Okay, here we go. They didn't have to start that year of course. Oh, and they are not necessarily in order after the first seven.

01. Bruce Springsteen
02. Johnny Cash
03. Bob Dylan
04. Ozzy/Black Sabbath
05. Creedence Clearwater Revival
06. The Who
07. Pearl Jam
08. The Clash
09. AC/DC
10. Social Distortion
11. Neil Young
12. Creed
13. Megadeth
14. Metallica
15. Jonny Lang
16. Jesse Malin
17. John Hiatt
18. The Doors
19. Nirvana
20. Incubus

Man, there are sooo many!!

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Wow... I just saw the video of Heaven by those Los Lonely Boys!! I love 'm!!!! Some relaxed guitarwork! Relaxed voice... I'm bribed ;)
Thnx for the tip Smilin :thumbsup:

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Nice list! If I go by years, I get to add a few more :D...

Ozzy/Black Sabbath
The Who
Jane's Addiction
Rage Against the Machine
The Doors
Comes With The Fall
Mad Season
Days of the New
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Steve Winwood
Eric Clapton
...good lord, I could go on forever :D...and that's just rock...there is a lot of jazz, classical, R&B, and even some pop that I like, too...

PaulMcCoygirl
02-22-2004, 06:38 PM
1. Disturbed
2. Fuel
3. Creed
4. Sevendust
5. Breaking Benjamin

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh Jesus!! :o Don't know how I managed such an atrocity, but I forgot Eric Clapton, Disturbed, and Alice in Chains among others!!!

I give up!! This is mostly impossible! :bigeyes:

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Man, the singer of Los Lonely Boys looks soooo like a friend of mine!!! Great to see... They're awesome!

Oh man I find it hard to put a list with 36 :eek: good artists together so I won't go there!!! Can't choose... I've tried it but with every band/artist I want to write down, another 4, 5, 6 names pop in my head!! :bigeyes:

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Wow... I just saw the video of Heaven by those Los Lonely Boys!! I love 'm!!!! Some relaxed guitarwork! Relaxed voice... I'm bribed ;)
Thnx for the tip Smilin :thumbsup:

Awesome! :cool: You may also like Jonny Lang then - http://www.jonnylang.com

Also while I'm at it I must plug Jesse Malin - http://www.jessemalin.com

:cool:

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 06:51 PM
That's cool WW! If Los Lonely Boys come to your area make sure to check them out (I still have to as well). From what I've heard their concerts are only about $10.

Sheila63
02-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Like everyone else, it's hard to list just 5 but here they are (in no particular order except for no. 1: :)

1. Creed
2. Matchbox Twenty
3. Led Zepplin
4. U2
5. The Who

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 06:54 PM
OMG, I left out Santana! D'OH...:D

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 07:08 PM
I hope that they will come to my "area" very soon, what happened to be the Netherlands, Europe! LOL! That's my bad I guess... all the good new music is in America right now:(

Right now is Jonny Lang singin' in the background... I've already heard "Red Light", "Dying to Live" now is "Beautiful One" playing!! He's pretty good too!

Ok... I'm now at Jesse Malin's website... downloading "Queen of the Underground"...

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I've got to let you know that Jesse Malin has a unique singing voice. Then again, don't all of the greats? lol He's new, but I really like him. Hey, if it's any consolation Bruce Springsteen can't stop listening to his album. :D

Glad you like Jonny Lang! The greatest thing about him is his great voice for his age and his amazing guitar skills.

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 07:15 PM
No... I'm not so fond of Jesse Malin... his voice annoys me! Sorry! He sings very much like Bruce Springsteen. Just my humble opinion...

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I hope that they will come to my "area" very soon, what happened to be the Netherlands, Europe! LOL! That's my bad I guess... all the good new music is in America right now:(

Oh cool, didn't know that you live in the Netherlands. Well, they will be in Norway in August. Maybe the Netherlands will make it into their itinerary.

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 07:17 PM
No... I'm not so fond of Jesse Malin... his voice annoys me! Sorry! He sings very much like Bruce Springsteen. Just my humble opinion...

I personally think his voice has to grow on you. Although I did like him from the beginning, but so much more now. He doesn't sound like Bruce though you can definitely hear the influence. :D

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 07:20 PM
I've got to let you know that Jesse Malin has a unique singing voice. Then again, don't all of the greats? lol He's new, but I really like him. Hey, if it's any consolation Bruce Springsteen can't stop listening to his album. :D

Ok I heard by now!! Not my kind of voice... He's all Bruce's ;)

Glad you like Jonny Lang! The greatest thing about him is his great voice for his age and his amazing guitar skills.

Absolutely true!! I like him and those Los Lonely brothers! I'm also very into ManMade God at this time have you heard of them??

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 07:23 PM
He doesn't sound like Bruce though you can definitely hear the influence. :D

Yeah... that's what I meant!

Shadow
02-22-2004, 07:23 PM
My list has changed through the years. Bon Jovi was always my number one until Creed came along in '97.

1. Creed
2. Bon Jovi
3. Van Halen
4. Linkin Park
5. Def Leppard

Some of my fave's from the 80's....

Journey
Motley Crue
Ozzy
REO Speedwagon
Styx
Genesis
Nightranger

The more I think about it, the more I miss the 80's. There were alot of great concerts! Gotta love the "hair bands"

Sheila63
02-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Love your list, Shadow. :D

I'm a fan of most of the bands you listed especially

Def Leppard
Journey
Styx
Genesis

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Awwww Definately the hairbands Shadow LOL!! Did you already checked out the "Hot men"-thread in Chat-O-Rama ??? There are some pretty pics of some hairbands-guys ;)

Jester
02-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I have had the privliledge of seeing

U2-2x
Creed-2x
sevendust-1x
take down tomorrow-5+x

but I have yet to see static-x :(

DangerousDan85
02-22-2004, 07:57 PM
- Creed
- Fuel
- Our Lady Peace
- Disturbed
- Godsmack

others bands i really like but didn't make the TOP 5

(Tantric, STP, Nickelback, Collective Soul, AAF, Seether, Fozzy, LP, Bush)

Alter Shredder
02-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Creed, Linkin Park, POD, 12 Stones, Greenwheel, Pillar, Blindside, East West, Metallica, REO Speedwagon, etc. i probably missed a few

Higher_Desire
02-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Creed
Disturbed
Nickelback
Evanescence
Metallica

Other's I like:
Kid Rock
Eminem
Good Charlotte
Linkin Park
Journey
Moody Blues
Boyz II Men
Seventh Day Slumber
Sittser
Josh Groban
Big Dismal
Bon Jovi
Fuel
Matchbox 20
Ozzy Osbourne
System of a Down
KoRn

H-D :razz:

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow, I forgot about the Moody Blues...Great band!

Wylde-Tremonti
02-22-2004, 11:03 PM
1 The Tremonti Project (hey i know it's not out yet... but it's still my fav!)
2 Payable On Death (dopest rymes w/ the tightest guitars)
3 BLACK MUTHER LABEL FOCKING SOCIETY (Zakk Wylde.... Nuff said)
4 12 Stones ( you saw them... you know...)
5 Tie between Metallica, Sevendust, and the Deftones

SmilinSkullRing
02-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Absolutely true!! I like him and those Los Lonely brothers! I'm also very into ManMade God at this time have you heard of them??

I'm vaguely aware of ManMade God. I haven't heard any music from them or anything. Got a link? :)

facelessman
02-23-2004, 12:46 AM
not in any order
creed
metallica
brand new
blink
linkin park
and others

Shadow
02-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Love your list, Shadow. :D

I'm a fan of most of the bands you listed especially

Def Leppard
Journey
Styx
Genesis

Sheila - you must be from my generation! Do you miss those days?

SCOTTSMYMAN
02-23-2004, 08:30 AM
In this particular order
1. APC/Tool (going to see APC in May WOOOHOOOO!!!)
2. Creed
3. Audioslave
4.Shinedown
5. 3DD

Some one metioned 80s hair bands? Believe that was you Shadow. I really miss those days. Here's some of my favs;
White Lion
Poison
Def Leppard
L.A. Guns
Journey
Skid Row
GNR
Cinderella
Bon Jovi

There's probably so many more I just can't think of. Now for older music I love;
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Moody Blues
Pink Floyd
The Beatles(can't foget them)
The Who
Black Sabbath
I better stop now!!
:razz:

Mr.Anderson
02-23-2004, 02:32 PM
1.Tied for First (Creed and Metallica)
2.Fuel
3.HoobaStank
4.Tantric
5.Godsmack

SCOTTSMYMAN
02-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I have a new favorite band. Just discovered them today called Ghost of the Robot. Awesome but definietly not everyone's cup of tea. Little on the mellow side and the singer is on two of my favorite show.

Sheila63
02-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Wow, I forgot about the Moody Blues...Great band!

Me too! They have some great songs.

Sheila - you must be from my generation! Do you miss those days?

I'm not sure if we're from the same generation or not, I'm 40 so I was in my 20s during the '80s but I love the music from that era as well as the classic rock music from the 70s. Part of me misses those days but I'm happier now than I was back then. :)

After looking at everyone's lists, I'd like to add the following to my list too -

The Beatles
3DD
Bon Jovi
Nickelback

WeatheredWoman
02-24-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm vaguely aware of ManMade God. I haven't heard any music from them or anything. Got a link? :)

For sure!! :D:D:D

www.manmadegod.com I've made a thread on them too a while ago.

I like personally the songs: Swamp Water, Lizard Bones and the Path but all their songs sound great. Really 70s like music!!! The song "revolution" sounds like the Beatles :)Their whole cd is playing when you're on their website. I often go to their website until the music's playing and then I go to another site (like CreedFeed;) ) with their music as background!

I like to hear what you think of them. Hope it's positive!! ;)

WeatheredWoman
02-24-2004, 04:12 PM
When I read Journey... the first bands that popped up in my brain were: Toto, Chicago and Foreigner :smokin:

Kris, I'm going to check Ghost of the Robot out... right now!!

SmilinSkullRing
02-24-2004, 04:19 PM

I like personally the songs: Swamp Water, Lizard Bones and the Path but all their songs sound great. Really 70s like music!!! The song "revolution" sounds like the Beatles :)Their whole cd is playing when you're on their website. I often go to their website until the music's playing and then I go to another site (like CreedFeed;) ) with their music as background!

Thanks, I'll go check them out right now. They have a song called "Revolution" that sounds like The Beatles? Well, that's ironic isn't it? ;)

I'll let you know what I think.

The Lithium
02-24-2004, 04:23 PM
:crest: Creed
:crest: Metallica
:crest: Nickelback
:crest: Submersed
:crest: Fuel
:crest: Our Lady Peace
:crest: Seether
:crest: Lifehouse
:crest: Tenacious D
:crest: 3 Doors Down, etc, etc

SmilinSkullRing
02-24-2004, 04:54 PM

I listened to all of Revolution at their site, but since I have dial-up the song had to keep stopping for the buffer and then restarting. I did like Revolution though. I then checked out some samples of their first five songs on the album at Amazon.com. I really like Pulp. While they seem to sound the same as other bands they do in fact bring something different to the table which is good.

I'll put their cd on my long "to buy" list, and probably pick it up one day.....sooner than later. Then I'll be able to let you know what I think of the whole thing. :D

WeatheredWoman
02-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Well I say that's a positive "review" so far!! ;)

But are you not able to just let the "site-music" play?? It starts with "Safe Passage"

If you go to their website, the easiest way to listen to all their songs from their CD is : after you get to te website, scroll a bit down... there you'll find a line that says: musiccontrol...
In that line click on "manmade god music" and it reveals a little "controlbar" to the right, now you can choose which number you like to hear!

If it not works immediately try to click a section first and then try the above again! Hope it works!

WeatheredWoman
02-24-2004, 05:04 PM
And then you don't have to download the music first!!!

Wylde-Tremonti
02-24-2004, 05:18 PM
:crest: Creed
:crest: Metallica
:crest: Nickelback
:crest: Submersed
:crest: Fuel
:crest: Our Lady Peace
:crest: Seether
:crest: Lifehouse
:crest: Tenacious D
:crest: 3 Doors Down, etc, etc