Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Fav supporting act [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Fav supporting act

hide
02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Thought a more positive thread might be a good idea. I guess this applies more to those have seen multiple Creed concerts but who is your fav supporting acts. Some great supporting acts over the years, Sevendust, Jerry Cantrall and the like, but who is your fav and why? Who was better then expected and who dissapointed you?

RMadd
02-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Jerry and Sevendust are considered supporting acts? hmmm.... I like Finger Eleven (I know they toured together)... don't know of any others off the top of my head.

multifast1
02-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah, Finger11 is good. I thought Default was excellent live... and Tantric was pretty good too. I was disappointed by Cantrell's performance though.

creedsister
02-12-2004, 12:41 AM
as of now dont have a clue!!!!!

hide
02-12-2004, 12:42 AM
very large supporting acts but supporting acts none the less. I didn't see or hear Jerry's performance but I don't think the crowd reaction was the greatest, where is the respect?

creedsister
02-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Yes I do ARRAON CARTER

hide
02-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Yes I do ARRAON CARTER

??????

creedsister
02-12-2004, 01:05 AM
?????? it was a joke i want candy dork

hide
02-12-2004, 01:06 AM
it was a joke i want candy dork

LOL lets never mention his name again! :)

creedsister
02-12-2004, 01:09 AM
haha i want candy ii want candy ha i kill me !!!!!! :silly:

Alter Shredder
02-12-2004, 01:10 AM
Umm, I liked 12 Stones and Default. I thought Cantrells performance was horrible. All he did was swear at the crowd and then he decided to suck up the place and swear some more. He really didnt want to be up on stage.

creedsister
02-12-2004, 01:18 AM
3doors down seven dust and i will get back here when i can think of some more

Dogstar
02-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Well, most of y'all know I'm a huge Jerry Cantrell/Alice In Chains fan, so Jerry was my favorite of all the openers I saw. I also really liked 12 Stones. I thought 3DD and Default did a good job, along with SubmerseD and Stereofuse.

Re: Jerry and Creed. Most Jerry fans loathe Creed and many thought it was a bad idea to even put them together. I thought the pairing was odd as well, but I was psyched because I love both :D...Also, I'm not making excuses for him, but Layne Staley had died right around the time he started touring, first with Nickelback and then with Creed. I'm sure he wasn't in the best of spirits that summer and some of the crowd reaction was less than supportive. And given what Alice accomplished and produced, it must have been disheartening to get such lukewarm reactions. I have seen him three times, twice on his solo tour, and he was awesome live. His double CD released in December 2002 was my favorite rock album that year. It has not left my regular rotation since I got it.

Sorry, got a little carried away there :D.

Alter Shredder
02-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Its all good. I just wish I could have seen him on a good night then.

TeriB19
02-12-2004, 08:18 AM
I'd have to agree with Dogstar about 3DD, Submersed, Default and Stereofuse. I didn't care all that much for 12 Stones or Days of the New.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-12-2004, 08:29 AM
I would have to say 3 Doors Down, I wasn't impressed with Default. Jerry Cantrell sounded great, but he just didn't work the crowd or make an attempt too. Tantric was ok and so was 12 stones. I became a Saliva fan after seeing them in Little Rock. Final answer 3DD and Saliva.

multifast1
02-12-2004, 08:47 AM
I love 3DD too and they rock live, but I saw them seperately from Creed concerts. Would have loved to see them together myself!

Personally, I am a Jerry Cantrell/AIC fan but I was disappointed by his live performance. I'm sure some of the reasons Dogstar mentioned had something to do with it.

Jooji_2
02-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, most of y'all know I'm a huge Jerry Cantrell/Alice In Chains fan, so Jerry was my favorite of all the openers I saw. I also really liked 12 Stones. I thought 3DD and Default did a good job, along with SubmerseD and Stereofuse.

Re: Jerry and Creed. Most Jerry fans loathe Creed and many thought it was a bad idea to even put them together. I thought the pairing was odd as well, but I was psyched because I love both :D...Also, I'm not making excuses for him, but Layne Staley had died right around the time he started touring, first with Nickelback and then with Creed. I'm sure he wasn't in the best of spirits that summer and some of the crowd reaction was less than supportive. And given what Alice accomplished and produced, it must have been disheartening to get such lukewarm reactions. I have seen him three times, twice on his solo tour, and he was awesome live. His double CD released in December 2002 was my favorite rock album that year. It has not left my regular rotation since I got it.

Sorry, got a little carried away there :D.

Nice that you can understand why his performance might not have been the greatest :D

SleeplessAngel
02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
I thought 12 Stones, Stereofuse, and Default were all awesome, but then again I may be a bit bias about 12 Stones and Stereofuse lol

Sheila63
02-12-2004, 07:38 PM
I've only seen Creed live once (on NYE 2002) and I loved 3 Doors Down when they opened for them that night.

Dogstar
02-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Nice that you can understand why his performance might not have been the greatest :D
Oh, absolutely. Even in the Alice days, they had some up-and-down shows. They were known for being a little lazy about rehearsing. Still, I think the pairing with Creed was a bad idea. Jerry Cantrell feeds off the energy of a crowd just like any other performer and if the crowd isn't into it, it can be hard to try to work them if they aren't receptive. He really hates a quiet crowd...When I saw him in November 2002 on his solo tour he was on and the crowd was for Jerry so I'm sure that helped. The crowd can make a huge difference.

Bridge of Clay
02-12-2004, 08:24 PM
yeah, the only bands that opened for Creed I liked were Submersed and 3dd. Of course I never got to listen all of them, but it doesn't mean I can't edit this post later.

A band from Wind-up that could be a good supporting act is SevenWiser. You can give them a try. (Although I think is "You could give him a try". I think it's only a guy)

whitebird
02-13-2004, 07:16 PM
I really liked Tantric the first time Creed performed in Minnesota. I think that I have a mental block when it comes to the second band that was here with Creed. During the performance, the lead singer took a huge mouthful of water and spit it all over the crowd.

Let me tell you, I am not a woman that likes being spat on. Fortunately, I was just inches out of range.

Creed made up for it, when they came out. They were great.

PaulMcCoygirl
02-13-2004, 08:40 PM
I've only seen Creed once, but I think Sevendust is awesome along with 12 Stones.

benkenobi
02-13-2004, 09:06 PM
The ones I heard were 12 Stones and Jerry Cantrell at the Creed concert.

Jester
02-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Ok so I finally joined the board after reading it for the past month or so...

My Fav opener is either Sevendust or Nickleback (back when no one heard of them) :newbie:

--Jester
:homer:

Belive me,
I'm just as lost as you

whitebird
02-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Good Morning Jester!! Welcome to the board.

Jester
02-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Good Morning Jester!! Welcome to the board.

THNX :)

Sheila63
02-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Ok so I finally joined the board after reading it for the past month or so...

My Fav opener is either Sevendust or Nickleback (back when no one heard of them) :newbie:

Welcome to CreedFeed, Jester. :D I hope you enjoy your time here.

WeatheredWoman
02-22-2004, 02:28 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Hope you'll enjoy this board as much as I do Jester! :thumbsup:

Dogstar
02-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi, Jester, and welcome aboard. Have fun posting :).

Rift
02-26-2004, 03:10 PM
The new Tantric record kicks major ass!

Creedfan1975
02-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Since I only saw Creed just once I must say Stereo Fuse and Our Lady Peace were great support acts. :smileyban

SMACKxxxCREED
02-26-2004, 09:17 PM
I loved 12 Stones and Jerry....but I was really upset at the Richmond show because there were some a-holes right behind me screaming at Jerry and telling him to go home and I was on the rail in front of Brett so I know Jerry heard them...I turned around and told them to shut the hell up...That was so awful of them to do that...I felt so bad for Jerry.

Dogstar
02-26-2004, 09:29 PM
I loved 12 Stones and Jerry....but I was really upset at the Richmond show because there were some a-holes right behind me screaming at Jerry and telling him to go home and I was on the rail in front of Brett so I know Jerry heard them...I turned around and told them to shut the hell up...That was so awful of them to do that...I felt so bad for Jerry.
Yeah, he had a tough time on that tour. Even if you don't like a band or a performer, at least show some respect and appreciate the fact that the man is out there doing his job. You don't have to cheer, but you don't have to hurl insults, either. That also was a tough year from Jerry, what with Layne dying and all. He deserves a lot more respect than he gets. He has influenced a lot of today's guitarists.

SMACKxxxCREED
02-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah, he had a tough time on that tour. Even if you don't like a band or a performer, at least show some respect and appreciate the fact that the man is out there doing his job. You don't have to cheer, but you don't have to hurl insults, either. That also was a tough year from Jerry, what with Layne dying and all. He deserves a lot more respect than he gets. He has influenced a lot of today's guitarists.
Jerry dedicated a song to Layne at Richmond and you could tell by the look on his face he was hurting inside so much and that a-hole screaming that at him did not help any...I just wanted to punch the guy in the face...and I agree Jerry deserves alot more respect then he gets....I think he is very talented!!.