Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
old and new testimeant [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : old and new testimeant

creedsister
02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Can Anybody here follow And seprate the new testmeant from the old There Is A big diffrence~~I do see a lot of you cant seprate these to books from there true meanings Such as Gays And a lot of other things as well what im trying to say In the Old testimeant GOD Showed us he was a God of Wrath And Power and in and set Examples and gave moses The Word for people to live by The World Was destroyed And again this book tells us mostly about Gods Wrath And Power~~But the new testimeant Brought Light To the World Love Mercy Foregivness The Truth~~In the begging Was The word And The Word Was God ~~Again~~And the Word Became Flesh~~i dont know if im getting my point acrossed~~But if some of you could separate these too books And find Out We he came to die For Then this would Anwser Some of your Questions~~Jesus Is LORD OF LORDS And jesus is LOVE Show love to all Even to to the leavings Of solome And gommorha~~Let Him Be the judge PEACE BE WHICHA ALL

Sincirr
02-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Yeh. Good stuff Creedsister.

There is a hymn that says there is a lot more truth to break forth from His word. I recon thats about right. Will we ever totally know all of its full meaning?

I studied the OT at my college and it blew my mind how much it points towards the need for a Saviour. I like that aspect of it. Always something new to learn too.

creedsister
02-06-2004, 11:19 AM
The full meaning i will put to you this way his words our 4 ever ~~~in it is many secrets that man would love to know!! but only those of a pure heart will be lead in to theme Seek And You Shall Find He is the truth the way in the light Of Us All~~He is Lord And Loves Us All~~Rock On~~He will never leave noir will he forsake you!!!~~sometimes when we think weve reached the End He always Shows Up Some How~~Peace

bgivens33
02-06-2004, 05:17 PM
As I said in the other thread.......

"The old testament law basically becomes obsolete when Jesus comes. You have to look at it in the context of when it was written. You can't just look at the old testament by itself. That is taking it out of context. In the beginning, there was the old testament, and that is how things were. Now, here comes Jesus and that's how things should be.... Love, not condemnation."

creedsister
02-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh man for the first time ever we agree B~~must have been a prayer LOL~~stay :cool:

Higher_Desire
02-07-2004, 03:38 AM
In a nutshell, the OT is from before the time of Christ on earth, and the NT is the birth and mortal life of Jesus Christ, his death, resurection, and immortal life.

Jesus Christ came to earth to set the way for us. He was born of the God the Father, from whom he had bones, and to Mary which gave him blood, necessary for death. He came to show us an example as to how to live and to teach us who God was. In the OT, they performed animal sacrifices, but when Christ came and died, he became the ultimate sacrifice, as he was the only and most perfect person on earth. Because there could be none greater than him, we do not perform animal sacrifices today. When he atoned for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemine (sp?) he took all of our sins upon his head and suffered for them for us, so we can repent and gain forgiveness. He made God give him all the sins that had occured, were occuring, and ever would occur, so we could gain that forgiveness. The Bible teaches that those who died before the Atonement, would have the oppertunity to repent at a later time.

Just to note, Christ was not immortal before he was born. He was eternal. An eternal son of our Father in Heaven. In order to become immortal, one must experience death.

H-D :fart:

RMadd
02-07-2004, 02:45 PM
To put it fairly simply, many of the "rules" of the OT (such as animal sacrifices, as Colin mentioned) don't apply anymore, b/c Christ has saved us. If I'm not mistaken, the OT, or at least parts of it, are part of the Torah (or whatever Judaism's holy book is). The NT and its teachings are more applicable to modern life (such as Christ being the ultimate sacrifice for our sins). The NT is unique to Christianity, and it details its beliefs and how it grew and spread following Christ's death. That's not to say that the OT is useless; rather, many of its teachings (save for, foremost, the 10 commandments) have merely been replaced by what Christ did in his three years of ministry on earth.

Higher_Desire
02-07-2004, 04:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the OT, or at least parts of it, are part of the Torah (or whatever Judaism's holy book is).
That's right. The Torah consists of the first 5 books; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Duturonomy. They basically use only the OT, and rearely mention the NT. They also believe in other books that are not included in most all translations of the Bible, those books such as Macabees and the book of Jasher. One of the most popular professors here on campus is Jewish and is always talking about some aspect of Judism.

Sincirr
02-08-2004, 05:45 AM
Just to note, Christ was not immortal before he was born. He was eternal. An eternal son of our Father in Heaven. In order to become immortal, one must experience death.
interesting.

Can U explain that bones thing a little more? I have not come across that.

creedsister
02-08-2004, 12:32 PM
I will do it~~And Cut it short~~~In the beging Was the word And The Word Was GOD!!come on Then The lord Looked in time I said these people Aint Going get right Im Going Have To Come down And save there butts~~From there self~~Then The Word Became Flesh~~Then The ulmitate Sacrafice Was made To save us all~~Jesus Is Lord!!!!!! He knows what Hurts what pain is what Suffermeant Was what Lonlieness Was He had know one exept then Angels And the few that walked with him And they doubted Still And the other Dude judas Well everybody knows what he done MORON~~and he loves us all!!!!Song for thought!! IRIS goo goo dolls~~I DONT WANT THE WORLD TO SEE ME B/C I DONT THINK THAY WOULD UNDERSTAND WHEN EVERYTHINGS MEANT TO BE BROKEN I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW WHO IAM!!!!!

Higher_Desire
02-09-2004, 11:42 PM
interesting.

Can U explain that bones thing a little more? I have not come across that.
Sure. Look at it like this: Jesus Christ was born of Mary in Bethlehem. From her, a mortal, he recieved blood. Now, he too, was mortal while on earth. Jesus Christ was born of God, as his Father. Through Him, Jesus gained the power to heal and eventually, to be resurrected. When he was mortal on earth (we know he was mortal, because he had blood and could therefore die), he had blood from Mary, but if he had no bones, he would not have a bodily form, and would be a collapsed pile of mush.

It was from Jesus living on earth that we know God lives. Also through the Bible that we have today. So we know that God is a living being. He is not human. He is eternal -- without beginning or end. Therefore, he cannot die. One must have blood in order to die. From the power and glory of Jesus Christ, we believe that God exsists as a physical being. Not a thought like some religions teach. We also know that Satan is a real physical being. To be real physical beings, they must have form, and cannot be collapsed piles of mush, as mentioned before. Bones give a body shape. Not air, or any other matter. Beings have bones, but not all beings have blood. Beings that have blood can, and will, die. God will not die.

Does that explain it better?

Sincirr
02-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Sorta. I'm gettin there.

So U R saying basically that God has bone structure. Like if we are talkin the Trinity, the Father has bone structure?

Sorry. I'm not arguing at all, I just dont understand and am trying to get it.

Higher_Desire
02-10-2004, 01:24 PM
I understand you're not arguing and don't understand fully. Firstly, just let me state that I do not believe in the Trinity, but the Godhead. Trinity means thee-in-one, or that they are all the same personage, but have three roles. Trinity also would make it as though when Jesus was on earth, he WAS God, which would make his praying to God seem kind of useless. To me, the concept of the Trinity seems more like a person with schizophrenia. The Godhead is three seperate, and distinct beings.

All members of the Godhead have a bone-structure. Now if the Holy Spirit was created by God, I'm unsure. So, yes, they have bones because they have form. Form is given to they body by bones.

H-D :moon2:

Higher_Desire
02-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Found it. Body of flesh and bone: Luke 24:34-39.

H-D :cool:

RMadd
02-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Trinity also would make it as though when Jesus was on earth, he WAS God, which would make his praying to God seem kind of useless.
I'm pretty sure that, while on earth, Christ prayed to the Father, not just "God". Those 2 words are often used interchangeably (as Colin hath demonstrated), which is improper. "God" refers to all three (whether you believe in the Trinity or Godhead). The three parts are "The Father", "The Son", and "The Holy Spirit". So, in Matthew, the last of the 3 is referred to as "The Spirit of God"; that implies to me that the "personality" is part of a greater "organization". So, for a Trinity, it's not so much schizophrenia as it is multiple personality disorder, if you will.

Sincirr
02-13-2004, 12:52 AM
I cant find the verse atm, but there is one that says that these 3 are one. 10 points for the person who finds it :)

Also, H-D, your perspective on Luke 24 is interesting, but I guess being a Christian, I see that as talking about the resurected body of Jesus?