Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stabbing Westward! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing Westward!

Aimee
01-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Dang these guys rock! I got their album from '94 and all I can think as I listen to it is, "Gee where was I then?" Anyone else a fan?

Dogstar
01-27-2004, 01:20 PM
I remember a few of their radio hits, but I never picked up any of their CDs. Might have to give them another listen. Thanks, Aimee.

Aimee
01-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Funny, I thought for sure that you would have heard of them, if anyone. I never heard any of their songs on the radio. The first time I even learned of them, I was driving down the road and someone had a die cut spanning across the entire back window of their car with the name and thier token sword through the middle. I thought the name was cool and that someone must be a pretty big fan to do that to their car, so I made a mental note to check them out. Even funnier is that, after checking in on them on the web, I found out that they were produced by the same people who produced some of my other favorite bands.

JenRN
01-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Hmmm never heard of them, did they have any hits?

Dogstar
01-28-2004, 12:59 AM
I did hear of them, I just didn't buy any of their stuff at the time they were popular, which was around the mid-nineties, I think. I can't remember the names of the songs, but they were decent.

Said Eyes
01-28-2004, 02:31 AM
While some of their earlier stuff was pretty neat, their last CD was horrible horrible music. Thankfully they knew what was best and split up shortly afterwards.

In summary, Early Stabbing Westward = good; Later Stabbing Westward = terrible.

Aimee
01-28-2004, 11:29 AM
It might seem that way, said eyes, if you liked the earlier stuff because the style did change to being more poppy later. The album I have is called "UnGod" and Jen, I suggest you listen to it. I guess the joke with the band is that it's bitter love stucff and the lead singer recommends it to all of his friends going through a breakup. Hehe... Oh and YES! YOU AND I ARE GOING TO TEAR UP VEGAS! That town won't know what hit them and will never quite be the same I'm thinking. :smokin: