Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Disease [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Disease

hide
01-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Sorry guys this one is a little long hopefully you enjoy it though! Oh and it ain't exactly "Girls Girls Girls" that one ain't even in the pipeline yet! LOL

Running in a marathon
Feel i'm falling behind the pack
Won't do this again
I've hit the wall feeling rusted
I can't go on
All I think of is you

I know the answer is not inside
So to my neighbour I plead
Can you help me go on?
Leper what is my disease
I'm afraid its all green
We ignore all the rusted ones
Seeking the diamonds instead

This is practice he saids
Playing for keeps yeah
Double or nothing
He saids karma is where its at
Just obey the golden rule
But i'm left wondering right or wrong
Or just differing shades of grey?

I pass another seeker on the road
He's living in fear
Throw your seed on the rocky path
Give all that you have
And then will those spirits leave you alone

So can't I just pick and choose?
After all aren't they all the same?
Son of David what makes you the key?

Doctor i'm afraid i'm unclean
Sorry there is nothing I can do
Oh Doc your the only one
That can see
Underneath this rose
I'm slowy sinking down my dirty hole

He saids there may be one way
But many toils and snares upon the way
He casts lots
But somehow I knew
That he realised the dice would fall his way

He tests the waters
Sends out his yellow canary
But that fool don't return

The flesh defiled
These clothes I must burn
Can't live for others
But I can't do this alone

So I go upon my way
Wondering who loves a messenger of death
The crowd cries out
"Off with his head"
But i console myself with the thought
Rather this dry morsel then a feast defiled

Dogstar
01-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Wow, hide, very powerful and very well done...my favorite verse:

The flesh defiled
Can't live for others

hide
01-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Wow, hide, very powerful and very well done...my favorite verse:

The flesh defiled
Can't live for others

cool thanks a lot but one question do I go overboard on the biblical imagery? I know that as a Creed fan you and others here must love Scott's use of it but is there only so much?

If I ever start a band these are too long and I need a verse chorus verse structure at least for the majority of the songs.

Dogstar
01-04-2004, 10:14 PM
No, I don't think so at all. I think they work really well in this one. I have to admit that I thought of Green Disease, though, with the reference to disease and it being green :D...And if you think they are too long, you can always save them and maybe write something else around them :D to make another song.

creedsister
01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Hide that was intriging i liked it i always like your stuff anyways for what ever reason i dunno keep it up i just love reading theme

hide
01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
No, I don't think so at all. I think they work really well in this one. I have to admit that I thought of Green Disease, though, with the reference to disease and it being green :D...And if you think they are too long, you can always save them and maybe write something else around them :D to make another song.

hey that is a great idea perhaps 1 or 2 verses could be cut and make another song around them down the track. Basically every peice i've posted has at least some amount of biblical analogy, next one i'll try to stay away from that and see what happens. It is difficult though because it is what is around me so often and what gets in my head as Stapp has said in the past.

About Green Disease I did kind of "steal" that line from some Vedder genius. I kind of liked the fact I had the green disease as in money and also leprosy.

I guess I should get cracking on my lame attempt at comedy but i've barely thought about it! LOL

Dogstar
01-04-2004, 11:04 PM
LMAO @ *some Vedder genius* ;)! Hey, it was pretty cool, stealing or no :D.

hide
01-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Hide that was intriging i liked it i always like your stuff anyways for what ever reason i dunno keep it up i just love reading theme

thanks Creedsister I naturally write about the deeper things of life, sometimes I wish I could something lighter, something to laugh at!

hide
01-04-2004, 11:09 PM
LMAO @ *some Vedder genius* ;)! Hey, it was pretty cool, stealing or no :D.

well in whatever I write there is always going to be stuff from my favourite lyrcists such as Vedder, Stapp and Cornell. The later in his earlier days I think wrote some much better stuff then Audioslave's writings but he's still one of the best.

I think I would be in big trouble if I ever made money from these a small case of plagerism, espesically how I took 3 or 4 lines from Weathered in that last one I wrote! LOL

Dogstar
01-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Hehehe, just about everybody *steals* because you can't help being influenced by what you like. Jerry Cantrell said he's taken several lines from movies, other songs...It's all good. :D...

hide
01-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Hehehe, just about everybody *steals* because you can't help being influenced by what you like. Jerry Cantrell said he's taken several lines from movies, other songs...It's all good. :D...

I haven't really much attention to his lyrics does he take much from Staley? I noticed you have a crazy amount of posts! LOL How do you find the time when it seems you spend as much time on the AIC board as well? I understand though I think I spend way too much time on this and the Synergy (PJ) but hey its fun!

Dogstar
01-04-2004, 11:20 PM
LMAO. Time management is one of my better skills, LOL...Actually Jerry wrote most of the music and lyrics to a majority of the Alice songs :D. They are quite different lyricists..I've always tended to favor Jerry's songs over Layne's but that's just me. Others relate more to Layne's stuff.

creedsister
01-04-2004, 11:22 PM
thanks Creedsister I naturally write about the deeper things of life, sometimes I wish I could something lighter, something to laugh at! I do too i write from within thats just the way i do it the sameway when it comes to singing a song i cant do it if i cant feel it or relate to it i dont think i could write a happy or something fun if my life was at stake

hide
01-04-2004, 11:29 PM
I do too i write from within thats just the way i do it the sameway when it comes to singing a song i cant do it if i cant feel it or relate to it i dont think i could write a happy or something fun if my life was at stake

yeah good point maybe something light will hit that i like but i think there is enough artists out there making enough of that sort of music to please those that like that sort of thing, there is a dearth of those that write quality lyrics!

Jerry wrote most of the music and lyrics? I didn't realise that I thought that Layne would have wrote most of the lyrics. Correct if i'm wrong but didn't Layne write most of the stuff for Mad Season?

Dogstar
01-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Yes, but Mad Season was a side project for him. Nope, with Alice, Jerry did most of the writing. It's a sensitive point with some Jerry fans as well. They think he got overshadowed by Layne's awesome voice, LOL. A lot of casual Alice fans don't even know who Jerry is, which is really sad, given his contributions. I think they both worked so well together, though...A great team that sadly is no more.

creedsister
01-04-2004, 11:34 PM
im not really for sure either but from what i know i think he did

hide
01-04-2004, 11:40 PM
im not really for sure either but from what i know i think he did

Dogstar will know or i'll be highly dissapointed! hehe

I remember reading that Mike McCready wanted Layne to write most of the stuff and also that Mike believed that he could help Layne by been in this group considering he had his own drug problems in the past.

creedsister
01-04-2004, 11:57 PM
I know thats the same thing i read Im sure Dogstar will know and more to add to it she dose her home work well haha} the music is to happy and i dont like it either we got enough music like that and i hate people that makes you listen to it when you ride in there car that kyle chick song i had friend that would give me a lift to work and i had to here cant get you out of my head oh boy would i have liked to bash hes in along with his stero LOL

hide
01-05-2004, 12:09 AM
I know thats the same thing i read Im sure Dogstar will know and more to add to it she dose her home work well haha} the music is to happy and i dont like it either we got enough music like that and i hate people that makes you listen to it when you ride in there car that kyle chick song i had friend that would give me a lift to work and i had to here cant get you out of my head oh boy would i have liked to bash hes in along with his stero LOL

we have groups like Good Charlotte and Blink 182 (although better now) and even Nickelback who old fashioned rock who's lyrics are basless espesically their new single Figured You Out. There are only so many writers out there writing lyrics of substance which I find really sad.

creedsister
01-05-2004, 12:23 AM
thats the truth for sure but the music is changing slowly if you set back and take a listen i like nickle backs lyrics such as someday and i think fuels natrual selection has got some great lyrics as far as lyrics go i think its the best album outhere right now And 3ddd away from the sun there lyrics are mindblowing and meaningful as well i just hope we see more bands with lyrics like that in the future

hide
01-05-2004, 01:04 AM
thats the truth for sure but the music is changing slowly if you set back and take a listen i like nickle backs lyrics such as someday and i think fuels natrual selection has got some great lyrics as far as lyrics go i think its the best album outhere right now And 3ddd away from the sun there lyrics are mindblowing and meaningful as well i just hope we see more bands with lyrics like that in the future

Someday is okay but it sounds too much like How You Remind Me and Figured You Out, those lyrics for me are brainless. He may as well say hey baby how i get inside!

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Ok, maybe I confused you guys or something with regard to Mad Season...Layne did write most of the lyrics for that side project. I'm not exactly sure of the genesis of Mad Season, but I'm pretty sure it was Mike McCready's idea. He got together with a bass player named Baker Saunders and I think they met in rehab or something. Jango would probably know more about this, being the PJ expert that he is, LOL..JANGO, come out, come out wherever you are...Mike had booze problems as well, I believe...Anyway, he supposedly called Layne to get in on the group. Alice at that time wasn't in the best shape group-wise. There was some fighting going on as Layne was having some trouble dealing with the whole fame thing and he was trying to get sober. Most of the songs are about addiction, both battling it and overcoming it. Anyway Layne did write a lot of the lyrics, I believe, for Mad Season. One of my favorite songs, though, is November Hotel, which really showcases McCready's talents. It's kick-ass stuff.

hide
01-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Ok, maybe I confused you guys or something with regard to Mad Season...Layne did write most of the lyrics for that side project. I'm not exactly sure of the genesis of Mad Season, but I'm pretty sure it was Mike McCready's idea. He got together with a bass player named Baker Saunders and I think they met in rehab or something. Jango would probably know more about this, being the PJ expert that he is, LOL..JANGO, come out, come out wherever you are...Mike had booze problems as well, I believe...Anyway, he supposedly called Layne to get in on the group. Alice at that time wasn't in the best shape group-wise. There was some fighting going on as Layne was having some trouble dealing with the whole fame thing and he was trying to get sober. Most of the songs are about addiction, both battling it and overcoming it. Anyway Layne did write a lot of the lyrics, I believe, for Mad Season. One of my favorite songs, though, is November Hotel, which really showcases McCready's talents. It's kick-ass stuff.

cool i think that is about right, i'll have to make sure with the guys at the PJ board. November Hotel is great, good solo from Mike but I don't think Mike has really fully showcased his ability either Pearl Jam isn't really that type of band. Oh yeah Dogstar I got the Dust for Life CD today it take awhile but thanks heaps for that. Surprised at how cheap it is actually! How do I go about fixing you up?

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:03 AM
cool i think that is about right, i'll have to make sure with the guys at the PJ board. November Hotel is great, good solo from Mike but I don't think Mike has really fully showcased his ability either Pearl Jam isn't really that type of band. Oh yeah Dogstar I got the Dust for Life CD today it take awhile but thanks heaps for that. Surprised at how cheap it is actually! How do I go about fixing you up?

EXCELLENT! I'm so glad it arrived safely! I'll send you a PM about fixing me up :D...

I can't wait until you hear it...I listen to it almost every day...It's so cool. They had a New Year's Eve show and apparently they rocked the house! Chris G. did The End by himself!!!! That is some kick-ass guitar work! I would love to hear that live. I really hope they tour more extensively this year...

Yeah, I hear ya about McCready. I think that's why he is so underrated. He's never mentioned with the others of his time and that's unfortunate. Seeing him live is just amazing...I was so happy to be on his side of the stage :D...

hide
01-05-2004, 04:19 AM
EXCELLENT! I'm so glad it arrived safely! I'll send you a PM about fixing me up :D...

I can't wait until you hear it...I listen to it almost every day...It's so cool. They had a New Year's Eve show and apparently they rocked the house! Chris G. did The End by himself!!!! That is some kick-ass guitar work! I would love to hear that live. I really hope they tour more extensively this year...

Yeah, I hear ya about McCready. I think that's why he is so underrated. He's never mentioned with the others of his time and that's unfortunate. Seeing him live is just amazing...I was so happy to be on his side of the stage :D...

I listened to it when I got home straight away and was very surprised wasen't expecting it! The guitar work is cool, quite heavy almost like Sevendust. Muscianship is great but I think the songwriting could be improved, not saying its bad I like it but its not Creed or Sevendust.

McCready is way underated he's never honoured by the music mags including Guitar World, but anyone that has seen him live knows how good he is. I was mesmorised by watching him do the "Even Flow" solo when I saw them last year.

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:24 AM
OMG, me, too!!! Seeing him just reaffirmed that he's awesome. It was my first PJ show, too! I can't wait to see them again! Yeah, and the knuckleheads at the mags probably haven't bothered to listen to the live stuff. He just rips it up in concert. Do you have the Mad Season Live at the Moore Theater video? OMG, Mike is so awesome on November Hotel in that one. It's a short set, but well worth the investment. You can find it on amazon.com sometimes. I highly recommend it.

When you say songwriting, do you mean music-wise or lyrics wise, with regard to DFL? I really dig the heavy tracks like Antenora, Nightbreed and Cycle of Frustration. For You, I think, is one of the better ones lyrically...I really like the chorus in that one.

I don't really know a lot of Sevendust tunes, but lots of people here seem to like them. I'll have to give them a listen.

hide
01-05-2004, 04:39 AM
Sevendust are really awesome their last albums are the ones I would recommend, Animosity their third album is really great. Tremo's brother does the artwork for Sevendust as well.

What I was talking about was music wise, I loved the harder stuff but it was lacking something that polish. Saying that i've only heard it once and for some of that time it was merely background noise so i'll have to invest more time to it to give it a fair listen. I don't have that video but I don't have a video player anymore is it on DVD?

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah, I can see what you mean. Chris did co-produce I think, and they did put this out without a label...I really like the tunes, though! Some of them are older ones, too, but no biggie...They are making a radio push for Comedown, so if you can, contact your local radio station and tell them Dust For Life are back! Maybe they will play the single! I think some of the DFL supporters are going to email the crap out of all the radio stations they can find and request the song, LOL. On the DFL board, one of the moderators asked people to post info on their rock stations, like addresses, request lines and such. Maybe they are going to send a bunch of CDs to the stations. I really hope they get back on track. They are a really good band.

Unfortunately, Live at the Moore Theater is on VHS only :(.

And thanks for the info on Sevendust...Dang, my music shopping list is getting longer and longer, LOL.

hide
01-05-2004, 04:49 AM
LOL just when you think you nearly have all the music you want out comes another one! LOL

Perhaps its just the production, a good producer is something very valuable no doubt! Yep the tunes are good but that production is lacking!

Dogstar
01-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I think it's definitely not as polished as their debut album, and that came out on Wind-Up...Plus, they are still getting used to playing again. They had quite a layoff and there are two new members...Mike, the bass player, posts on the DFL board from time to time and Jason sends messages throught the administrator of the board. It's still being worked on, and there aren't a lot of members yet, but it's cool to find other DFL fans. The woman who runs the board also works for DFL and a band called VAST...another one I have to check out. I'm going to have to work overtime to buy all this music! :D

hide
01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I think it's definitely not as polished as their debut album, and that came out on Wind-Up...Plus, they are still getting used to playing again. They had quite a layoff and there are two new members...Mike, the bass player, posts on the DFL board from time to time and Jason sends messages throught the administrator of the board. It's still being worked on, and there aren't a lot of members yet, but it's cool to find other DFL fans. The woman who runs the board also works for DFL and a band called VAST...another one I have to check out. I'm going to have to work overtime to buy all this music! :D

I gave it another listen last night this time kicking back rather then almost as background noise and it is growing on me. It is not as polished as i'm really used to but its good stuff. Its not something i'm going to listen to everyday but it adds something different to my collection!

Dogstar
01-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Cool! I'm still checking it out just about every day. I'm just so happy they are back!

hide
01-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Cool! I'm still checking it out just about every day. I'm just so happy they are back!

I've never really got into them so its great for me to "discover" a new band really and one that has the sound that I love.

njcreedite
01-10-2004, 11:15 PM
very cool :cool: