Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Dec the 25th the birth of christ [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Dec the 25th the birth of christ

creedsister
12-14-2003, 09:31 AM
For the first time in like forever i have a question yes me i have a question,Here it is,,we celabrate christmas as jesus birthday but know one knows if it happend on the 24 day of dec or not,,not that i care or god the importan thing is that it did,,does anybody else know of any dif dates other than DEc 25 ,,it would really help me with some stuff,,,peace be wicha ya, ll

RMadd
12-14-2003, 05:09 PM
I think scholars have pinpointed the date to sometime in the spring (april or may?) based on the shepherds and the customary census, and perhaps astronomical events... dec 25 was chosen b/c it was the same day as a famous pagan holiday, and was used as a sort of deterrant or alternative to the non-christians

creedsister
12-14-2003, 06:25 PM
I did,nt know that well it was good to find out anyways,,

bgivens33
12-15-2003, 04:39 AM
That is exactly what i've heard

Sincirr
12-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Same with Easter 2

creedsister
12-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Well Good God bless me this is a first,,Everybodys in agremeant,,

RMadd
12-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Well Good God bless me this is a first,,Everybodys in agremeant,,
lol

creedsister
12-15-2003, 04:48 PM
maybe i mite have spoke to soon,,

Bridge of Clay
12-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Christ wasn't born on Dec 25th. That should be winter in Middle East, therefore, there were no flock of sheep on winter.

Students of Ancient History and ministers say Jesus was probablu born in June-October period, hence the Bible says there were flocks.

No one knows the right date, but I don't see nothing wrong in creating a date to celebrate His born. I don't care if it's right or not...(the date)

creedsister
12-15-2003, 09:05 PM
I didnt know that it could have been sometimes in Oct,,but who knows but that really helped me out alot,,peace be whicha

Alter Shredder
12-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Same with Easter 2

While many holidays coincide (sp?) with many pagan holidays. Easter does not. We know this because Jesus was celebrating passover at the time of his capture. So it would have been shortly after that he was crucified. So easter is around the same time as passover.

RMadd
12-16-2003, 12:27 AM
While many holidays coincide (sp?) with many pagan holidays. Easter does not. We know this because Jesus was celebrating passover at the time of his capture. So it would have been shortly after that he was crucified. So easter is around the same time as passover.
Word... I wasn't sure about that Easter comment either. Granted, it didn't occur whichever Sunday of the year following whatever that it does, but we know it was a Sunday and, as has been so eloquently mentioned, was following the Passover.

Sincirr
12-16-2003, 07:26 AM
I ski :bounce:

Man, what a scare I just went through the whole night in absolute agony, throwing up and everything, and then was rushed to hospital the next day after seeing my doctor. Had kidney stones! :vomit::crying:

creedsister
12-16-2003, 07:15 PM
that sucks i hope you feel better soon :)

Creed_Defaultgirl
12-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah, Kidney stones suck. I haven't had them, but I was in the truck with my Dad while he had them, it was quite a scare! About Christ's b-day, I was actually watching a show on this the other day. I don't know how they came up with an exact date, but they said it was either april 6th or april 26. one or the other. I wasn't paying that much attention.

creedsister
12-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Ive only had goal stone attacks,,and i think the birth of christ was in oct

JulieCitySlicker
12-19-2003, 10:56 PM
I think scholars have pinpointed the date to sometime in the spring (april or may?) based on the shepherds and the customary census, and perhaps astronomical events... dec 25 was chosen b/c it was the same day as a famous pagan holiday, and was used as a sort of deterrant or alternative to the non-christians

Thats what I've heard to Bearfan :)

Sincirr
12-22-2003, 02:25 AM
I give up, cos now I heard a theory that says nobody really knows. AAAHHH!!!!!!!:nut:

facelessman
12-22-2003, 03:09 AM
yeah i heard it was sometime in april

Sincirr
12-22-2003, 03:27 AM
Well in the spirit of Christmas, PRAISE GOD HE WAS BORN, PERIOD!:thewave:

The Lithium
12-22-2003, 05:05 AM
Did you know that here in Sweden where I live we have Christmas December the 24th. It's actually true!! Means I get my presents earlier than you suckers! Hahaha!! In Russia they have their Christmas January the 7th. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. Anyway I don't believe in anything about God or Jesus, but have to problem with people that do. I just don't. I believe in re-borning. I've read both the whole Old Testament and the New Testament. I think religon is intressting. Believe it or not, I'm 15 in a week! :D

JulieCitySlicker
12-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Well in the spirit of Christmas, PRAISE GOD HE WAS BORN, PERIOD!:thewave:

Tru Dat :D

whitebird
12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Your debate is interesting, but I really don't care what the exact date was. Shocked? Please don't be.

What I do think is important, is that there was once a man that walked among us, that the world has remembered for 2,000 yrs. + He lived his life with honesty, kindness and love. He should be remembered for what he did in his life. When he was born, or when he died is to me is unimportant.

Peace

Sincirr
12-23-2003, 05:07 AM
We were just looking at Matthew and all the prophecies. These things were written like hundreds of years before Jesus was born right, and what about "Out of Egypt I called my Son", 2:13-15, and that one where it was prophesied that He will be called a Nazarene! And the reason for that! It's all too amazing U know!

I know theres others, but these ones blew my mind today. Just thought I would share that with y'all, cos as the song on the Becker Christmas episode goes, "Christmas is a time of sharing..." lol :roll:

Also!!!! Oh man!!! Those Magi! The 3 wise guys...uh, men......they were full on into astrology, and God used a star! Like....wow! Oh wow! How cool is dat!:banana:

Alter Shredder
12-23-2003, 09:02 AM
About the prophecies, there are 60 something of them. Jesus fulfilled all of them. They say the chances of that happening are the same as if you painted a silver dollar black and then filled the state of texas 4 feet deep with them and told a blind person to pick up one (and it being the black one.) Very small chances so Jesus has to be.

Sincirr
12-25-2003, 09:59 PM
About the prophecies, there are 60 something of them. Jesus fulfilled all of them. They say the chances of that happening are the same as if you painted a silver dollar black and then filled the state of texas 4 feet deep with them and told a blind person to pick up one (and it being the black one.) Very small chances so Jesus has to be.

THE BIBLE ROCKS!!!!
JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

creedsister
12-25-2003, 10:28 PM
THE BIBLE ROCKS!!!!
JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! and A BIG AMEN ON THAT :)

creedsister
12-25-2003, 10:32 PM
We were just looking at Matthew and all the prophecies. These things were written like hundreds of years before Jesus was born right, and what about "Out of Egypt I called my Son", 2:13-15, and that one where it was prophesied that He will be called a Nazarene! And the reason for that! It's all too amazing U know!

I know theres others, but these ones blew my mind today. Just thought I would share that with y'all, cos as the song on the Becker Christmas episode goes, "Christmas is a time of sharing..." lol :roll:

Also!!!! Oh man!!! Those Magi! The 3 wise guys...uh, men......they were full on into astrology, and God used a star! Like....wow! Oh wow! How cool is dat!:banana: THATS RIGHT,,HE ,,DID,, ;)