Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Legalizing drugs- GO FOR IT! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Legalizing drugs- GO FOR IT!

Creeds#1
11-15-2002, 06:08 PM
I personally believe we should go for it...I do not remember the country- but it is european and they recently went to legalizing small drugs and it has done a world of difference. Suicide from drugs has gone down, murders, smuggling, arrests...etc are on the decline.

jango
11-15-2002, 06:30 PM
Comparing a small european country with the gross national product found in my wallet to the United States or any other country of significant size and importance is not too wise.

Whether you do drugs or not, they cost this and many other countries, a tremendous amount of money that simply legalizing them wouldn't solve.

A better argument could be made that marijuana should be legalized but even that is a risky option.

Read JDM
11-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Legalizing drugs. Now there's an irresponsible idea.

Mulletman
11-15-2002, 10:25 PM
dude iys switzerland and the only drugs they legalized are weed, shroom, acid, exstacy, speed, and other party drugs (i forget) and ironically they have the lowest rate a drug addicts.

i dont think that they should be legalized, dont have a reason why they shouldnt, but then again no one here has said a good dreason why they should. BUT i do believe that there should be responsability with legalization. there should be strict penalties just like DUI's and public intoxication.

jedilee
11-16-2002, 08:12 AM
This has to be the stuppiest question I have ever seen. Hay I will do you one better, I will take you over to a Psy ward of any hospital and show you what drugs legal and illegal can do to a person mentally,physically and spiritually. You think your playing fun and games. Thats exactly what they want you to think. Oh it's harmless if it's in a controlled environment. I had a friend who thought the same thing so he would only do drugs around people he trusted. He is now dead of AIDS. It's not funny and I'm supprised at the amount of attention this is getting from you guy's
Maybe I'm little harsh because I have seen it first hand with my friend who is dead and gone now.

:confused: very confused with this thread

Read JDM
11-16-2002, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say this question is "Stupid." It's "Libertarian," is what it is.

Creeds#1
11-16-2002, 09:21 AM
JediLee was the drug your friend was on Heroine? Because that is not legalized in that country...

...and parts people where talking about being mentally, physically...etc sick. That is why I want to go for this. Look at there pyschiology department- about 1/5 of what ours is. There suicide rate DROPPED considerably after this. The murder for smuggling drugs DROPPED- what harm does this do except for.

1. Lowering the ammount of physcos that enter our facilities from drugs.

2. Dropping the suicide rate.

3. Dropping the murder rate.

Those all sound good to me?

Steve
11-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Does it also drop the amount of automobile accidents and deaths due to drivers being under the influence?

Read JDM
11-16-2002, 07:24 PM
We don't need to legalize drugs. Period. Parents have enough trouble raising their kids in this damned country as it is. We don't need someone selling drugs on the street corner legally, illegally or at all. Period. This is just another fine example of the twisted logic which Mick Jagger might call "Sympathy for the Devil," wherein you try to solve a problem by catering to the those who've caused it. It doesn't make things better. It only encourages matters to get worse. I mean, if there are far too many murders going on, and there are, then why not just make murder legal, too? And rape? And any other detestable thing you can think of? Come on, man. It's just plain wrong. Drink your beer if your 21, smoke your pot but do it carefully, and leave the rest as far from your doorstep as possible. Period.

jango
11-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Creeds#1
JediLee was the drug your friend was on Heroine? Because that is not legalized in that country...

...and parts people where talking about being mentally, physically...etc sick. That is why I want to go for this. Look at there pyschiology department- about 1/5 of what ours is. There suicide rate DROPPED considerably after this. The murder for smuggling drugs DROPPED- what harm does this do except for.

1. Lowering the ammount of physcos that enter our facilities from drugs.

2. Dropping the suicide rate.

3. Dropping the murder rate.

Those all sound good to me?

I am thoroughly convinced that you are the dumbest living thing.

Not only are you completely inane and idiotic, you are indeed an extremely selfish individual. You continually view this issue from your side of the world. Drugs are illegal because they are detrimental to the health of everyone involved. Drugs have the potential to ruin the brain, severely damage the body, as well as adversely affect behavior and personality.

If you don't do drugs, then you don't care, because it would (as you claim) reduce "phsycos" or psychos, as the normal world would spell it, and possibly reduce the murder rate. These things only benefit those not severely addicted to the drugs that are now free to be distributed and used. While the rest of society that struggles day in and day out with their own personal drug battles slump into obscurity, you feel just a bit more safe sleeping at night. You ought to be given an addiction you can't control, while constantly being faced with it.

When you legalize drugs in general, you reduce the cost to purchase the drug and drastically raise the availability of the drug. Where finance was once a cause to not to do drugs, availability will only elevate the addiction, causing further health problems to our society. From your selfish standpoint, you ought to see that much money is made and pumped into the economy through drugs. This money would be gone, while health costs would rise. Prohibition was successful in reducing these costs, but that's not what should be done.

The black market is not eliminated entirely with legalization. You still have death involved in illegal trafficking of drugs not specifically legalized. The aforementioned financial problems that deter drug users are coupled with fear from the law. Other drug czars across the world have feared the law that would not exist under your proposal. Between 40 and 50 percent are now in mandatory treatment. Where your proposal would heighten the illegal drug world, better restrictions would lower it.

While Switzerland, whose drug culture was weak in comparison to others, has enjoyed some decline, other countries have not. Similar countries with a much more liberal outlook on drugs have seen the number of drug addicts rise along with crime rates. Alternatively, countries with stricter policies have enjoyed just the opposite.

Any other moronic suggestions?

Mulletman
11-16-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by jango
I am thoroughly convinced that you are the dumbest living thing

Any other moronic suggestions?

YES the sun of a bitch is back!

God bless this man!

but to add to the subject, i am willing to bet that you are a stoner. i'll add to that and assume that you and your friends are hoping that yall will find a way to get high without being nraced on....

JenRN
11-16-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
<b>We don't need to legalize drugs. Period. Parents have enough trouble raising their kids in this damned country as it is. We don't need someone selling drugs on the street corner legally, illegally or at all. Period. This is just another fine example of the twisted logic which Mick Jagger might call "Sympathy for the Devil," wherein you try to solve a problem by catering to the those who've caused it. It doesn't make things better. It only encourages matters to get worse. I mean, if there are far too many murders going on, and there are, then why not just make murder legal, too? And rape? And any other detestable thing you can think of? Come on, man. It's just plain wrong. Drink your beer if your 21, smoke your pot but do it carefully, and leave the rest as far from your doorstep as possible. Period. </b>

You are the man!!! Totally agree with ya!:D

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Soooo good to have ya back, jango!:D

TeriB19
11-16-2002, 11:50 PM
I am thoroughly convinced that you are the dumbest living thing.

:clap: What most of us have been thinking all along! Don't ever leave us Jango, you are the voice of reason! :clap:

souldancer
11-17-2002, 01:43 AM
Riddlin is rampant in schools while the mothers take prozac and fathers down vicodine; then they all have their martinis - talk about legalized drugs! I have no problem with legalizing pot, what I have a problem with, is why we are not addressing the root of the problem as to why there is this NEED FOR SELF MEDICATION - that means, abusing drugs of all sorts, overeating and compulsive unhealthy behaviors. "What If" we actually contemplated what makes humans seek the need for escape and filling the empty holes in their lives.

jedilee
11-17-2002, 08:29 AM
Could not agree any more JANJO man, you said it all. Well done
Tou'che. Creed1 I thought you were more intelligent than that,
but it just goes to show when you try to read between the lines
on some one they sometimes become blurry. :embarass:

I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU(CREED 1) BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE A VERY TUFF ROAD AHEAD IF YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR LINE OF THINKING, GOOD LUCK BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT
:angel:

Altair
11-17-2002, 10:04 AM
What's even more unfortunate than the harmful effects of "illegal" drugs is the harm and malice we do unto each other.

Throwing insults around is nothing more than practicing social violence. Might as well take out the scissors and cut the ties of humanity. How can we ever become a unified, compassionate group when we fail to love one another? We must understand we are symbiotic individuals. We need one another. In fact, the whole fuckin planet is symbiotic. I propose 3 ideas.
1. Respect your environment.
2. Respect others.
3. Respect yourself.

It's easy. Take care of our environment and it will take care of us. Treat others with respect and they will respect us back. If everyone could simply get on the same page and unselfishly give to this existence their respect, we would reach yet another level of paradise.

But, how can that be when we look in the mirror and call ourselves stupid, idiotic, moronic, selfish, and whatever other negative piece of trash comment we can think of?

The day will come when this veil of ignorance is lifted and people truly see themselves in each other. On that day, we'll take care of one another and there won't be a need for making things "illegal" because we'll have grown up and be frreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

jedilee
11-17-2002, 12:55 PM
NiCE LANGUAGE. I WILL MAKE SURE I keep you off my christmas
card list. It's sad when you can't express your self with out using 4 letter words that have no meaning at all.:D

Creeds#1
11-17-2002, 03:14 PM
Ok- fine. So we have your 16 yr old sons and daughters running around behind your back, smuggling and smoking pot--- getting arrested-- put in jail...etc

Read JDM
11-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Souldancer, as much of a problem as it may be that people are relying too much on medication, it is a completely different problem. Both issues may well have a root in people not being able to depend on themselves sometimes, but they are not one in the same. There are plenty of people who need medication for their problems, be they mental or physical. There are also plenty of people who go to medication by default without ever trying to get themselves through whatever's wrong. Clearly, however, healthcare and nightclubs are not the same thing. Of course, there are times when the lines are blurred -- Kurt Cobain turning to heroin on account of his stomach problems is a good example. But personally, I wouldn't approach the problems as one in the same. Maybe that's just me.

By the way, how is this an icon? :sex: That's just out of control crazy! Funny, but crazy!

Read JDM
11-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Creeds#1
Ok- fine. So we have your 16 yr old sons and daughters running around behind your back, smuggling and smoking pot--- getting arrested-- put in jail...etc

Do a good enough job explaining why they don't need the pot to get them through life and your problem's solved.

TeriB19
11-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Well said.

souldancer
11-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Souldancer, as much of a problem as it may be that people are relying too much on medication, it is a completely different problem. Both issues may well have a root in people not being able to depend on themselves sometimes, but they are not one in the same. &nbsp; Yes Read, I know I get raked a lot about bridging the legal and illegal drugs - seems like I find most 'issues' boil down to a lack of spiritual substance in one's life. Let's all rock on with the natural healing high of Creed's soul-filling music. :)

TeriB19
11-17-2002, 10:23 PM
That's the best medicine anyway.;)

JenRN
11-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Creed has soothed my soul a lot this year, better than any medicine could!;)

Read JDM
11-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
Yes Read, I know I get raked a lot about bridging the legal and illegal drugs - seems like I find most 'issues' boil down to a lack of spiritual substance in one's life. Let's all rock on with the natural healing high of Creed's soul-filling music. :)

Works for me. :jam:

Siana
11-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
Creed has soothed my soul a lot this year, better than any medicine could!;)

same here!
*let me take now my daily dose of Creed *:P

jango
11-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Altair
<b>What's even more unfortunate than the harmful effects of "illegal" drugs is the harm and malice we do unto each other.

Throwing insults around is nothing more than practicing social violence. &nbsp;Might as well take out the scissors and cut the ties of humanity. &nbsp;How can we ever become a unified, compassionate group when we fail to love one another? &nbsp;We must understand we are symbiotic individuals. &nbsp;We need one another. &nbsp;In fact, the whole fuckin planet is symbiotic. &nbsp;I propose 3 ideas.
1. &nbsp;Respect your environment.
2. &nbsp;Respect others.
3. &nbsp;Respect yourself.

It's easy. &nbsp;Take care of our environment and it will take care of us. &nbsp;Treat others with respect and they will respect us back. &nbsp;If everyone could simply get on the same page and unselfishly give to this existence their respect, we would reach yet another level of paradise. &nbsp;

But, how can that be when we look in the mirror and call ourselves stupid, idiotic, moronic, selfish, and whatever other negative piece of trash comment we can think of?

The day will come when this veil of ignorance is lifted and people truly see themselves in each other. &nbsp;On that day, we'll take care of one another and there won't be a need for making things "illegal" because we'll have grown up and be frreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. </b>

The hippie movement died a while ago. Seriously, the world's not perfect, it's not going to be. Get used to it. Even modern day 'hippies' opposed to the War on Iraq, such as myself, think logically.

Read JDM
11-22-2002, 02:22 PM
Even modern day 'hippies' opposed to the War on Iraq, such as myself, think logically.

But that's because you take modern day hallucinogens that make it feel like you're thinking logically..........right? That's what I heard anyway.
:drunk:

JenRN
11-22-2002, 05:45 PM
But that's because you take modern day hallucinogens that make it feel like you're thinking logically..........right? That's what I heard anyway.
:drunk:

LMAO:roll:

Altair
11-23-2002, 12:12 AM
The hippie movement died a while ago. Seriously, the world's not perfect, it's not going to be. Get used to it. Even modern day 'hippies' opposed to the War on Iraq, such as myself, think logically.

I like to believe that thinking logically encompasses living with integrity. Don't sell out in the name of complacency. Don't give up on love because hate seems to be around every corner, for that is what the weak and ignorant do.

Decide what kind of person you want to be. Stand firm and be that kind of person. There is no need to practice negativity. Those who practice positivity become positive and reap light in their lives. It's there to see if you want to see it. A positive life is there if you want to live it. And compassion is always inside, so let it out. Does it not make more sense to embrace every possible second with a sense of hope than to waste moments with negativity? And even if we cannot succeed in all our actions, shouldn't we have positive goals? Is this not logical? And, in our efforts, are we not succeeding even in failure?

So, I've heard a great many times that this world is not perfect. I always thought the world is what you make of it. Personally, I'm loving every minute of it, and I don't need to put others down, trash talk, and the like to get my ups. And when I do screw up, trash talk, boast, and think just for a second that I have the answers, I'm not afraid to try a little humility and move on. There comes a point of no return when you let go and start to realize true freedom. Let's do that together. Let's let go and accept others, their beliefs, our own fallacies, and take a step higher.

"Can you take me higher?"

Personally, I'm learning to let go and I'm learning to stand firm in what I believe, be it nonviolence, peace, flowers, butterflies, and mushrooms, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Turn that dial all the way,
shoot me like a rocket into space,
lovin' every minute of it,
lovin' every minute of it,
Oh yeeeeaaaaah!

:)

jango
11-23-2002, 07:13 PM
A positive life is there if you want to live it. &nbsp;And compassion is always inside, so let it out. &nbsp;Does it not make more sense to embrace every possible second with a sense of hope than to waste moments with negativity? &nbsp;And even if we cannot succeed in all our actions, shouldn't we have positive goals? &nbsp;Is this not logical? &nbsp;And, in our efforts, are we not succeeding even in failure?
:)

Sorry, all I'm getting is pure B.S. When you hit reality, lemme know. You don't go through life expecting the best to happen. You plan for the worst and then reap the rewards of the successes that come your way. You sow what you reap. If you spend your life expecting good things to happen and constantly feeling as though the "cup is half-full," you'll never advance, and failure will await. Thus, you only set yourself up for a greater fall, which perpetuates the negativity. Granted, you can choose a positive reaction to these failures, but the cycle then repeats itself. Consequence: lack of productivity and overall waste of space to time and humanity. Negativity, pessimism, whatever. It's simply being realistic about yourself and others.

If every corner is filled with negativity, then the ignorant is he/she who believes positivity exists in the same place. Good try, though.

Your opinion is who you are. Simply by posting your thoughts, you defy your own logic. But keep on trying, you might get it one of these times. ;)

ReadJDM: No hallucinogens, my friend. :)

Read JDM
11-23-2002, 08:12 PM
This thread has gotten pretty weird all of a sudden.

jango
11-23-2002, 09:00 PM
This thread has gotten pretty weird all of a sudden.

Indeed. ;) But these types of threads are the most interesting.

Altair
11-24-2002, 01:51 AM
You don't go through life expecting the best to happen. You plan for the worst and then reap the rewards of the successes that come your way.

Yeah, I respect this philosophy. I have preached it myself in more or less a similar fashion. My way of seeing it is to hold no expectations, although I have yet to get to the point that I can do that all the time. In theory, it works. With no expectations, even the trivial can be amusing, be it good or bad.

Again, I see my words are flawed and have failed to convey my ideas. I didn't mean to say that I live a life expecting good things to always occur. I fully believe in both sides of the coin: good and bad. Actually, to take it further, I believe, on a deeper level, they are one and the same, part of a larger scope of things. It seems to me that we can learn to accept both sides, take the good with the bad, embrace them both, roll with the punches, or however you want to say it. You have to be willing to experience both, for they define one another.

Now, I would like to let you know that I have reached reality, and, in fact, have never been out of reality (for reality is all there is). What you see as "BS" is my reality. I'm not making anything up. I do, and have for a long time, lived a positive life, striving to respect my environment. Although I fall short of my goals from time to time, it is these goals I do adhere to. And I can say that I am advancing by being more able, through time, to remain positive in my everyday situations.

I can honestly say that the more I am able to respect others, the more I keep my chin up through adversity, and the more I spread positive vibrations, the more my life is enriched by friends, by joy, by opportunities. You cannot take this away from me, regardless of how much you try to disbelieve it. You cannot take away my reality with any amount of insults. Call it BS or whatever you want, you simply cannot take away my testimony that my life is better now than it has ever been.

I have been moving towards this moment, seeing this "way" more and more for over 10 years and it keeps getting better. The only way to experience it is to try it. The choice is yours. Will you try some compassion, will you maintain a degree of respect that eliminates reckless name-calling? Or, will you practice those actions that ultimately must manifest themselves in some kind of negative outcome (such as enemies)?

I'm sure I have enemies because my words seem so bloated and self-righteous. These are not my intentions, but are most likely real. I simply trying to propose ideas that might lead to some kind of desireable quality of life. I'm not that great at it, but I'm trying. Surely, with perseverance, I'll advance.

A part of me is insulted by your comments, but reason helps me turn this energy into a good challenge and an opportunity to share valuable experience, and in doing so, I am again free. How cool is that?

I could have said, "fuck you asshole!" but I realized there is a better way.

Thank you for this opportunity to practice what I preach, seriously.
:peace:

souldancer
11-24-2002, 02:27 AM
** peers in...her body stirs to fire off a post; her logic stalls with how to 'reasonably' reply; her soul moves to not offend anyone; her emotions respond to having a split personality and the stress of fight or flight ...she runs to a lighter thread - for now **

Altair
11-24-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
** peers in...her body stirs to fire off a post; her logic stalls with how to 'reasonably' reply; her soul moves to not offend anyone; her emotions respond to having a split personality and the stress of fight or flight ...she runs to a lighter thread - for now **

Having to wait, I guess I could do so expecting a piece of shit post from souldancer, expecting absolutely no insight, no logic, and complete foolish rambling, comeplete BS, and total absurdity. Afterall, the stupid idiotic bitch she is couldn't possibly have anything of any amount of intelligence to say, could she? With that, maybe she'll surprise us? Is this the logic I should be endorsing? Will this allow me to advance?

Just playing. :P

I am eagerly awaiting your reply, Souldancer, knowing it will be juicy with intelligence and wisdom. Precisely what you'll come up with, I have no expectations, so I'm sure I'll dig it.

jango
11-24-2002, 08:32 PM
I fully believe in both sides of the coin: good and bad. &nbsp;Actually, to take it further, I believe, on a deeper level, they are one and the same, part of a larger scope of things. &nbsp;It seems to me that we can learn to accept both sides, take the good with the bad, embrace them both, roll with the punches, or however you want to say it. &nbsp;You have to be willing to experience both, for they define one another.

I would suggest that you read "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern" by Tom Stoppard. A good read with plenty of humor to compensate the effort, simultaneously addressing-in part-the very issue you raise in the paragraph above.

Now to the issue at hand. While discussing the prospect of legalizing drugs, we seem to have strayed from the issue into a much more philosophical debate relating to life in general, thereby undermining the objectivity of the root topic. A few misinterpreted statements lead to unnecessary banter. Essentially we agree.

I believe that it is foolish to live your life in a negative "aura." However, there is a time and a place for a realistic outlook on life. Indeed there are two polar ends to each 'side of the coin,' if you will. As in the political sphere, there are extremes involving both the 'right' and the 'left.' Too far to the left and you have a socialist government. In accordance, too far to the right and a fascist empire is born. If thoroughly enthralled with positivity, one can become too trusting, allowing the wolves of the world to grab hold. Conversely, an entirely negative person cannot benefit society nor his/her own person.

Yes, there is an ability for each individual to feel compassion and love. This point is quite possible the only one we entirely disagree upon. Your hypothesis on humanity seems to state that is up to us to restore positivity in society. This then takes away any opportunity for internal self-efficacy. I'd like to think that whether it be positive or negative feelings, they are generated by the person rather than the society in which they live.

Now on to personal matters. My "name-calling," as you view it, is almost exclusively held for one individual, who I deem well-deserving. Yes, this may not be a positive outlook, but it is one I'm willing to risk, and one alone. This was after much debate and frustration that I reached this point. I would advise that you address the individual as a whole before making hyperbolic and inaccurate statements about a person's character.

Xterminator27
11-24-2002, 08:35 PM
Legalize drugs??

I have one bad thing about that

DRUGS KILL U
PEOPLE OVERDOSE AND DIE. there crim and accedent rates probly goe down cuz half the country is DEAD so theres not as many people to get into car accendents or crimes

Altair
11-24-2002, 09:02 PM
I would advise that you address the individual as a whole before making hyperbolic and inaccurate statements about a person's character.

If I made any such statements, I apologize. I just simply believe that rampant name-calling isn't necessary (just trying to set a standard). Again, I think it's a matter of establishing integrity. While we do exercise freedom of speech on this board it would also be nice to feel that our ideas and comments are tolerated to the extent that we won't get ripped for making them. But, in the end, you are more than free to do so, just as I'm free to say, "Hey, chill out. Let's try to get along, eh?"

I, too, tend to stray. While I obviously advocate nonviolent communication, I am guilty of the contrary. Just a few weeks ago, I scuffled quite repulsively with a 7-11 clerk about a refill. At first, I tried to be rational about it, but when I was being flat out ignored, I decided to become boisterous. Actually, it was her mannerisms and general rude nature that ruffled my feathers. Within moments, the manager was on the scence and giving me the money she was trying to rip me off of. It ended in an exchange of calling one another assholes and the like. In hindsight, I made the wrong choice. While I did get the refill price I deserved, I exercised social violence to no good end. I should have maintained my composure and calmly asked to speak to the manager. In the end it was and is no big deal, but I sure didn't make any friends. I see it as a learning experience and I will continue to strive to solve conflicts in a more positive manner.

Altair
11-24-2002, 09:15 PM
Now, as far as drugs are concerned...

I'm not an advocate of drugs. I don't use them (except for the occasional Crown Royale and Coke, Exederine, Albuterol, and Ranitidine). Hey, drugs are drugs, be them illegal or legal. Any reasonable person will admit that the most profound drug in our lives is simply food. But, that is obviously not the topic here.

Personally, I'm trying to move to a point where I don't need anything but an occasional piece of fruit (there's a lot to be said about the "fruitarian diet").

Now, while I don't advocate drugs, I believe that censorship is an even greater evil.

Many of you have made great comments about the probable problems with legalizing drugs. I have no answers to these problems. I do believe that they already exist and would escalate to a small degree if drugs were legal. It seems to me that the law is a poor deterrant. People use and abuse drugs regardless of the legal nature of them.

In my dream world, censorship would not exist and education would be such a prominent institution that people would refrain from drugs by choice. In fact, if there is a solution to our social problems, I believe that education is it. Unfortunately, we do not pour enough energy into education. Instead, we, as a society, tend to work on the tail end, trying to fix our problems by quarantine instead of trying to solve our problems with prevention. We spend way too much money on criminalizing nonviolent people who simply have a problem and far too little money and energy trying to education people who have our future in their hands.

Bridge of Clay
11-27-2002, 02:20 PM
At first, it does sound crazy, indeed!

But think: if today itīs legalized, tomorrow its price will go down... of course, people, at first, would buy it...a lot...
but then, pharmacy industries would able to manage drugs and creating dosages that wouldnīt OD...

This would end with drug dealers...
a lot of junkies would suffer? yes... but in a long time, thereīll be no market for drugs...

Iīm not finding the arguments to post... I do think we have to protect people from drugs, itīs horrible. And I donīt do it.

Milton Friedman, the economist, have an interest point of view about it, you could take a look on his comments... itīs somewhere on the net

Read JDM
11-27-2002, 03:45 PM
In my dream world, censorship would not exist and education would be such a prominent institution that people would refrain from drugs by choice. &nbsp;In fact, if there is a solution to our social problems, I believe that education is it.

Welcome to my (dream) world, glad you could make it. I don't know if I agree with spending more money on education -- not just yet, I mean, because so much money is already unused/ unaccounted for; I'm all for it once people who know how to budget are in control -- but I do believe there's not enough stress on education right now and there's too much stress on cencorship. I can give you a perfect example that combines the two: Here in New Jersey, a proposal was made earlier in the year that would've taken the Founding Fathers out of the state's history curriculum.

jedilee
11-28-2002, 07:13 AM
Quote:I personally believe we should go for it...I do not remember the country- but it is european and they recently went to legalizing small drugs and it has done a world of difference. Suicide from drugs has gone down, murders, smuggling, arrests...etc are on the decline.

This the dumbest comment I have seen. We should go for it. Either Creed1 is immature or not old enough to know better. I can't believe anyone would want to legalize drugs except your druggies. Get a grip on life man. life is more than having this inane argument about drugs. Again get a life, smell the roses get a job, do something, but get off this kick of legalizing drugs.
JUST PLAIN DUMB :rolleyes:

Weathered
12-02-2002, 01:18 AM
legalizing drugs is not a good idea...it will just make it easier for druggies to get and they will OD even more...not only that but i think it would make a lot more people do drugs b/c some people are afriad they might get caught...and then they wont have to worry about getting caught?

souldancer
12-02-2002, 03:41 AM
Having to wait, I guess I could do so expecting a piece of shit post from souldancer, expecting absolutely no insight, no logic, and complete foolish rambling, comeplete BS, and total absurdity. &nbsp;Afterall, the stupid idiotic bitch she is couldn't possibly have anything of any amount of intelligence to say, could she? With that, maybe she'll surprise us? &nbsp;Is this the logic I should be endorsing? &nbsp;Will this allow me to advance?

Just playing. &nbsp;:P &nbsp;
We can idiotically and unrealistically BS about this thread tomorrow ;)

allison
12-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Sounds good. ;)