Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Post for Peace [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Post for Peace

Pages : [1] 2

souldancer
11-15-2002, 04:55 AM
A place to post feelings, ideas, concerns, quotes and actions re: "Peace."

One of many reasons why I am a Creed Fan is their message/example re: peace. Particularly the lines..."There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend, It will help you carry on." Also, "It feels so good to reunite within yourself and within your mind. Let’s find peace there."

What does peace mean to you? What makes you feel peaceful? How would you like to see peace in your home, community, the world? What are some positive actions/words for a peaceful environment? Please comment on any, all or something related.

Dogstar
11-15-2002, 05:11 AM
I think to achieve peace in the world, we all have to work on achieving peace within ourselves. It's not an easy journey, especially with all the outside influences trying to dictate to us what peace inside us really is. Most of it has nothing to do with what really matters.

I get so angry sometimes at what is shoved down our throats regarding peace and happiness. All those people trolling for our dollars try to tell us material possessions and conveniences will bring us peace. NOT. It's about people, not things. It's a simple concept but one that few in this country, IMHO, are willing to accept.

Peace for me means being true to myself and honest about who I am in this world, being able to look in the mirror and say I haven't sold out. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did what I consider selling out. I refuse to be categorized or pigeonholed and will never back down from what I think is real. Finding peace starts inside yourself. You can't be good to others until you treat yourself with respect and dignity. It grows from the inside out.

I'm probably not making much sense. Been a very long day and I'm getting tired.:D

JenRN
11-15-2002, 09:40 AM
Well said Dogstar!!! Makes total sense!!

Peace to me, well it means many things.....I find peace in simplicity, having people I love around me, good converstaion, and helping others. I have a stong desire to do helpful things for others, such as last year I organized a huge affair at work to send Christmas packages to Afghanistan for the soldiers fighting for our freedom and when I got a "thank you" letter back from them.... Well it really made me feel incredible to know what an effect it had on them:) I try really hard to do alot for others, that is where I find the most peace, because giving to others, time, energy and love I feel comes back to you ten fold!!!! I also find peace a lot in the outdoors, and animals, there is nothing better to be to go for a walk by myself and sit at a lake and with a pet with you and just "think" I love to be outside and I love to be alone a lot, (grew up as an only child) sometimes I take my portable Cd player and walk some where and just sit, and listen to music, THAT IS PEACEFUL to me. I relate soooo much to Creed's song Faceless man, gives me chills some times!!!!!;)

allison
11-15-2002, 10:44 AM
I struggle with feeling peace. The reason I have a difficult time achieving this feeling is because of all in this world that is so un-peaceful. There is just so much intense human and animal suffering going on all the time, every second, and it's so bad, that I just have a hard time feeling peace. I know people say that you can't dwell on those thoughts or you'll go crazy, and they're right, but for me it's easier said than done. I have just always been a very sensitive, compassionate person who feels others' pain, not just my own. And although I know being a very caring person is admirable, sometimes I wish I didn't care. It seems like things would be a lot easier.

JenRN
11-15-2002, 12:23 PM
Allison... I totally understand what you are saying! BUT you have to try and not focus on those things all the time! I know after 9-11 I eally had a hard time adapting, living in the "hot zone" worried all the time about war and terorism, then the sniper incident this fall where 2 people were killed 1 mile from where I work! Sometimes it is overwhelming to think about these things all the time. Everytime I go by and animal shelter I practically cry, wanting to free all the animals of impending doom! There are so many things that are so unpeaceful in our world, but you need to find the peace in yourself and focus on making that real! ;)

allison
11-15-2002, 02:58 PM
I know you are right, Jen. Sometimes I just feel like, what right do I have to have fun and feel carefree when there are so many people and animals suffering horribly. But I know that I really need to try harder not to let all the horrible stuff in the world get me down. It just feels like a constant weight on my shoulders. I guess I just need to try and force myself to not think about these things? I don't know?

Read JDM
11-15-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm glad to have seen my own sentiments echoed in several of the posts above. Really, I am. Because I believe world peace is virtually impossible -- desirable, obviously, but nevertheless impossible. There are too many conflicting interests, too many differences in ideas. People sometimes hate each other over arguments they never realize they're on the same side of. I'd say I don't get it, but I do get it; it's "just one of those things" we have to learn to accept. To that end, I believe inner peace is the way. We might never achieve real world peace -- or worldly peace, as I think it should more appropriately be called -- but I think inner peace, when had by many, will bring us closer to worldly peace than we've ever been.

Dogstar
11-15-2002, 05:02 PM
I agree, Read, inner peace is the way to start at least hoping for world peace. People who are hurting inside or angry sometimes take that out on others. That is apparent in things like 9-11 and other killing rampages, Columbine and the like.

Allison, I know what you mean about feeling that weight on your shoulders. As I said, it's no easy journey. I worry about a lot of things, too, but like Jen, I have a strong desire to help others and I figure if I can make my little corner of the world a better place, that maybe some of that spirit will catch on with others and they in turn will try to do the same. It has to start with each person.

Read JDM
11-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I agree, Read, inner peace is the way to start at least hoping for world peace. People who are hurting inside or angry sometimes take that out on others. That is apparent in things like 9-11 and other killing rampages, Columbine and the like.

The ironic thing is, for me anyway, it's the Columbine and 9/11-type stuff that makes me an angry person at all. I can't stand the logic of this world sometimes. It makes me so... so... thirsty, and I think I need a beer.

TeriB19
11-15-2002, 05:23 PM
I'm buying, Read!!

Seriously, I agree with Jen & Dogstar, you can only do what YOU can do, you can't take on the entire world. If you make your little piece of the world a happier place, hopefully someone will carry that to their own corner of the world and so on and so on. If you can touch just one person and make them feel better, and then that person goes and makes just one other person feel better and it carries like a chain, you ARE doing something good for mankind. Sure beats the hell out of arguing, doesn't it?

JenRN
11-15-2002, 05:27 PM
Kind of like the movie "Pay it Forward!!!" Have any of you guys seen it?

TeriB19
11-15-2002, 05:34 PM
No but it's on my list of movies to rent. I love Kevin Spacey. What was the premise of the flick, Jen?

JenRN
11-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Teri... All I have to say is get the kleenex READY!!!!!! Basically the movie is about a teacher starting an assignment of "Make a difference" and the boy goes to the extreme and starts this chain of pay it forward. Meaning do something good for some one and then that person has to "pay it forward" by doing something good for some one else, and so on. It is a REAL good movie, saw it once and cried, I want to see it again to catch those little things you always miss the first time you watch a movie. DEFINATELY GET IT TO RENT!!!!! You will not be dissapointed, I love Kevin Spacey too!

TeriB19
11-15-2002, 05:54 PM
See, you just convinced me to watch this good movie and if I can learn from it, I'll pass it on. The next person I tell about it will hopefully watch and learn from it and so on. You can only worry about one thing at a time. Make those around you feel good and you'll feel good yourself.

Read JDM
11-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Pay It Forward was an amazing concept for a movie, and an excellent idea for all of us to apply in real life.

Lady Valkyrie
11-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Peace for me is a struggle to achieve and to keep. I know we all have had our share of trials, hardships, abuse, and what not... some more than others. but for me personally the hardships, trials, and abuse that I have suffered figure in Borderline Personality Disorder and Bi-Polar that I suffer from I have a very hard time finding peace and keeping it. There have been periods in my life when I acheived peace... then tragedy would strike and I'd lose all sense of peace. In those times of tragedy I try to hold on to peace as much as I possibly can. Medication, therapy, and Jesus Christ helps tremdously.

souldancer
11-16-2002, 02:56 AM
So beautiful you all!
Allison, I know what you mean, some days, I struggle too - the headlines, the words exchanged in classrooms and on the streets are overwhelming, but just posting this thread and reading all this good, makes me feel lighter and renews my battery. I so agree with DS, Jen, Teri and others that peace begins inside each of us - a seed of our inner truth of goodness that can be consciously radiated out to others, connecting wider circles of understanding through love and compassion. Without the stillness to find personal inner peace, I fear, as you mentioned Read, any hope for global peace. It is an inside-out job, not something that can be mandated or dictated. It can only come from a grassroots movement, like democracy has done in communist countries. But, being the perrenial optimist, I have not yet lost hope, for reasons that are kin to what Jane Goodall's book Reason for Hope cites..1) our intelligence and problem-solving abilities can be used for the good and we have a ccooperative nature, 2) there is a tremdous energy and committment from young people today that we can tap in to, 3) the indomitable nature of the human spirit makes all things possible. There are so many people who have dreamed seemingly unattainable dreams and, because they never gave up, achieved their goals against all the odds, or blazed a path along which others could follow.

Thanks Jen, for that great reminder of Pay it Forward. Tomorrow, let's see how we can pass a peaceful message and gesture forward; with those we know, as well as with strangers.

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 02:58 AM
Well said, as usual, SD...You are the purveyor of peace!:)

souldancer
11-16-2002, 03:07 AM
Ha..kind words, DS, but I don't think the two boys in my third grade class today would believe that!!! ;) I just try to hang onto these thoughts and make little efforts. What else can we do. Well, I guess we could slip back, give up, lose hope and let go...but THAT IS NOT THE CREEDFEED WAY! We are passionate to the bone, our mission set in stone! We are strong, we are one. No backing us against a wall, for we know in our hearts that there is peace inside us all!:dancing:

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 03:11 AM
Amen to that. It's just not in me to give up. Without hope you might as well pack it in.

The more you hold us down the more we press on!

souldancer
11-16-2002, 03:49 AM
The more you hold us down the more we press on! Exactly! Being peaceful, doesn't mean being passive!
I am not talking about violent actions to address issues at all, it is just we need to be proactive and get off our rears - to speak and act on and for the Truth. ** softly plays Faceless Man, then blasts Freedom Fighter * *

Dogstar
11-16-2002, 03:56 AM
Ohhhhhh, I'm going to have to hear some Creed before beddy-bye.:D

souldancer
11-20-2002, 01:38 AM
Life can hold you down when you're not looking up...

When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?
--Eleanor Roosevelt

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
--Jimi Hendrix

There can never be peace between nations until there is first known that true peace which … is within the souls of men.
--Black Elk

There's a peace inside us all, Let it be your friend
It will help you carry on in the end
--Creed

JenRN
11-20-2002, 10:11 AM
Great quotes Souldancer!!!!

All I have to say is CREED FEEDS MY SOUL!!!!!!! And that to me is the best peace of mind!:)

TeriB19
11-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I have souldancer to thank for these quotes:

You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake. - Jeannette Rankin

A small group of thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Dogstar
11-20-2002, 02:35 PM
Amen to all of the above!

souldancer
11-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
A small group of thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.  - Margaret Mead Oh, thanks Teri, I love that one....and in this case, the "group" = CreedFeeders!

souldancer
11-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
A small group of thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.  - Margaret Mead Oh, thank Teri, I love that one....and in this case, the "group" = CreedFeeders! Will close with a big "H" on IMHO...

(PS - has anyone seen Lady V?)

Altair
11-20-2002, 09:23 PM
<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-family:century gothic'>"The most powerful possession you can own is an open heart. </span> </span>
<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-family:century gothic'>The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." </span> </span>
Carlos Santana

I believe that we are in a constant state of changing the world as groups, but more importantly as individuals because we are a group of individuals. Strive to magnify and emit your positive vibrations: compassion, tolerance, love, and all the good stuff inside.

Dogstar
11-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Indeed, Altair. Positive vibes are infectious.

Siana
11-21-2002, 08:33 AM
;)

souldancer
11-24-2002, 04:04 AM
What do you do when you find days where the negative headlines glare in your face - the innocent are abused, those in power are corrupt, and the masses are apathetic? How can we easily find peace on these days? Or, maybe it isn't easy - and maybe it's just making the choice. (no, it was not a good week)

Altair
11-24-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
What do you do when you find days where the negative headlines glare in your face - the innocent are abused, those in power are corrupt, and the masses are apathetic? &nbsp;How can we easily find peace on these days? Or, maybe it isn't easy - and maybe it's just making the choice. &nbsp;(no, it was not a good week)

A couple of ideas:

1. Meditate and seek inner peace, the place where you are simply being the observer: without judgment, desire, or even emotion. While this may be only a temporary fix, it might help to calm that raging river. It might also help to give you a different perspective and a vision of the forest above the trees. Society's life and journey through time is one of ups and downs. Nature seems to always find balance. It's the eb and flow of the great wheel in the sky. It'll come back around. Perhaps things will get much worse yet as humanity continues to destroy Mother Earth, abuse itself, and indulge in gluttony. But, eventually, the tide will turn and our race will wake up in the dawning of a new day and ignorance will be replaced by enlightenment. Just enjoy the ride as it's meant to be.

2. Find a way to throw some peace and love around. Vounteer at a school (working with children can always bring a little joy and peace into one's heart) or something like that. Give. When we give, we create the peace we seek.

3. Take a nice drive, listen to some Creed, or find some other way to check out the good stuff in the world.

4. Feel the lack of peace, the pain, the pity, and those ugly parts of our soul that do exist. We cannot always shut them out. For, as these things glare us in the face, we must sometimes glare them in the face for what they are and go through this fire to get to the other side.

TeriB19
11-24-2002, 10:56 AM
What do you do when you find days where the negative headlines glare in your face - the innocent are abused, those in power are corrupt, and the masses are apathetic? &nbsp;How can we easily find peace on these days? Or, maybe it isn't easy - and maybe it's just making the choice. &nbsp;(no, it was not a good week)

Some other suggestions, if I may. CALL A FRIEND. You know you have them, you know you have their phone numbers. You know they will always have a few minutes to talk to you. Get online and email them and pour out your feelings until you are exhausted. Don't fear that it will bring them down, feel the sorrow leave your body as you get it all out and away from you. I have even tried to open a new "word" document on the computer, type out everything that is bothering me until I can't type anymore. Then highlight the entire thing and just DELETE IT!! It's gone and it can't bother you anymore.

Go to the zoo to see some animals, pet that cat of yours, blast the Creed until the cops are called. And for GOD'S SAKE, turn OFF the television, throw away the newspapers and get away from the horrible headlines. Turn the news on about 10 minutes after it starts, that way you'll miss the sadness, pain and sorrow, and catch the sports and human interest stories.

Dogstar
11-24-2002, 09:41 PM
<b>Some other suggestions, if I may. CALL A FRIEND. You know you have them, you know you have their phone numbers. You know they will always have a few minutes to talk to you. Get online and email them and pour out your feelings until you are exhausted. Don't fear that it will bring them down, feel the sorrow leave your body as you get it all out and away from you. I have even tried to open a new "word" document on the computer, type out everything that is bothering me until I can't type anymore. Then highlight the entire thing and just DELETE IT!! It's gone and it can't bother you anymore.</b>

WORD!

JenRN
11-24-2002, 10:11 PM
Teri and Dogstar are soooo right!!! Call a friend, believe me in times of need you find out who your "real" friends are! I listen to Creed and as goofy as it may sound I ALWAYS feel better! That band has such a hold on me, never realated to music quite like this before in my life!!!! I have even played music and never felt like this before, I played piano for years and years!!!!!!! And something about that awesome music and soulful voice that gives me a warm comfort feeling, like a warm blanket or cup of coa coa...*sigh*:)

souldancer
11-25-2002, 12:59 AM
Thanks so much for the helpful ideas and tools. What a great place this BB is - and what helpful friends you are! Hopefully, this thread can be a resource, if others run into those dark times. Feeling a lot lighter now. Needed to release that bottled up pain, did some crying, writing, and walking (while BLASTING MOP). I came across a nesting site of 30-40 egrets (waterfowl) nesting on trees along the river at dusk. Their beauty and peacefulness took me to that quiet place inside. Today I visited a friend and am getting back in midstream. Now, when I am stronger, I can do some of the giving back/service - and the perfect week to show gratitude. And, I am soooooooo grateful for all of YOU!:)

TeriB19
11-25-2002, 01:01 AM
Right back at ya, babe. Glad to have you in my life! Please hang out for awhile!

JenRN
11-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Thanks so much for the helpful ideas and tools. &nbsp;What a great place this BB is - and what helpful friends you are! Hopefully, this thread can be a resource, if others run into those dark times. &nbsp;Feeling a lot lighter now. &nbsp;Needed to release that bottled up pain, did some crying, writing, and walking (while BLASTING MOP). &nbsp;I came across a nesting site of 30-40 egrets (waterfowl) nesting on trees along the river at dusk. &nbsp;Their beauty and peacefulness took me to that quiet place inside. &nbsp;Today I visited a friend and am getting back in midstream. &nbsp;Now, when I am stronger, I can do some of the giving back/service - and the perfect week to show gratitude. &nbsp; And, I am soooooooo grateful for all of YOU!:)

Glad to hear you are coming around!! I believe in such a short time we all have made such an incredible bond!!! I never could understand, and I actually used to make fun of people who meet others on the internet, NOW I can see how a key board and some wonderful people can make your day! You guys are considered "my refuge" when the day gets rough and I want to relax!!! Yeah snowy igrets are breathtaking !!!! I have a lot of them around where i live as well as blue heron and bald eagles!:D

allison
11-26-2002, 03:37 PM

I am right there with you, SD. Reading this thread has given me some hope and I will try to find some peace although I know it will be (I hate to admit it) almost impossible. The only thing that ever gives me relief is when I force myself to push it all out of mind mind and IGNORE it. The ironic thing is, I detest it when people ignore injustices and thus do nothing to stop them. So when I ignore things to get relief I feel like I am selling out and am just like those people, but I guess if I do not ignore it all sometimes, I am bound to lose my sanity. If this makes ANY sense!

Dogstar
11-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Yes, it does make sense, Allison. I know how you feel. I work at a newspaper and sometimes, it gets so overwhelming. I have to unplug every now and again or I would lose my mind. There's a lot of gallows humor in a newsroom as well, that as sick as it sounds, does help. You'd have to be there to understand.

Music, walking and reading a good book are some of the ways I escape, but trying to find that balance to do the right thing and stay sane isn't always easy.

souldancer
11-27-2002, 04:32 AM
That's good medication!
Sometimes I find that as long as I am 'in tune' with how I feel, whether it means 'sane' or 'insane', then I feel OK....it is when I get lost into distractions of busIness and mindlessness that I feel I am selling my soul. I work on accepting the tides in life, the highs and the lows. Today, in helping a friend in need, by giving them a pep talk, I felt a lift given to me.

Dogstar
11-27-2002, 12:13 PM
It's amazing how helping others helps yourself, too, isn't it?

Siana
11-29-2002, 08:13 AM
yes indeed ;)

alive_in_Jesus
11-29-2002, 01:02 PM
I love peace. Jesus is the prince of peace. Truely, I have found peace in Him. I can't even explain how much different my life has been since I allowed Jesus to be the center of my life. I am pretty much always at peace now cause I've got nothin to worry about cause I've got Jesus, what is there to lose? Whatever happens in this lifetime I can take cause Jesus is ALWAYS gonna b there 4 me, He will never leave my side.:)

souldancer
12-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Wonderful AIJ that you carry that peace so deeply within and I am sure it radiates out to others! :)

souldancer
12-04-2002, 11:29 PM
So saddened over a year ago at the death of George Harrison, I just wanted to share these beautiful words...

Give me love
Give me love
Give me peace on Earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope to help me cope
With this heavy load
Trying to touch and reach you
With heart and soul

TeriB19
12-04-2002, 11:32 PM
Paul does a moving tribute to George in his show. He plays a Ukelele given to him by George and sings a much different version of Something. It's touching, funny and beautiful all at once.

souldancer
12-05-2002, 02:10 AM
Magical to be able to mix humour and tenderness. Thanks for that beautful image. OH - WHERE HAVE ALL THE BEATLES GONE?!

souldancer
12-07-2002, 04:01 AM
In separateness lies the world's great misery; in compassion lies the world's true strength.
--Buddha

Seeing the reality of homeless teens and children on the city streets horrified me today. What kind of animals are we to abandon our young to sell their innocence and souls to survive?
I think I need to start a new thread "Feeling Friggin Frustrated".
If I search down deep, will I find that flicker and light of peace? It's said that it's easier to see light in the darkness, but I wonder about that. Can my light burn out if I don' kindle it? This board and these people help remind me of that peace inside us all...

TeriB19
12-08-2002, 10:20 AM
It's said that it's easier to see light in the darkness, but I wonder about that. Can my light burn out if I don' kindle it?

That's why we're here. When it's dark, kindle your flame by seeking out friends who care. Don't sit in darkness when the light from your friends is available to light the way. Seek out those who know of your pain and desperately want to help you out of the darkness. You see it when volunteering, you are there to light the way for those less fortunate. Take that advice to heart.

hotforscott
12-08-2002, 10:23 AM
couldn't have said it any better, that was very nice Teri. i will have to remember that. sometimes we all need to see the light.

souldancer
12-10-2002, 12:47 AM
[i] This board and these people help remind me of that peace inside us all... - and that you give out to others!! ! Thanks so much for that beautiful post Teri! :angel:

souldancer
12-14-2002, 12:46 AM
Just sharing some quotes..

Through Gandhi and my own life experience, I have learned about nonviolence. I believe that human life is a very special gift from God, and that no one has a right to take that away in any cause, however just. I am convinced that nonviolence is more powerful than violence.
--Cesar Chavez

In all of his suffering, as in all of his life and ministry, Jesus refused to defend himself with force or with violence. He endured violence and cruelty so that God's love might be fully manifest and the world might be reconciled to the One from whom it had become estranged. Even at his death, Jesus cried for forgiveness for those who were executioners: "Father, forgive them"
--The Challenge of Peace

Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian between meals.
--Ammon Hennacy, US Labor leader

souldancer
12-22-2002, 10:20 PM
If peace . . . only had the music and pageantry of war, there'd be no wars.
Sophie Kerr

The belief that we some day shall be able to prevent war is to me one with the belief in the possibility of making humanity really human (humane).
Ellen Key, 1916

Everything, everything in war is barbaric . . . But the worst barbarity of war is that it forces men collectively to commit acts against which individually they would revolt with their whole being.
Ellen Key, 1916

Dogstar
12-22-2002, 10:22 PM
Everything, everything in war is barbaric . . . But the worst barbarity of war is that it forces men collectively to commit acts against which individually they would revolt with their whole being. &nbsp;
Ellen Key, 1916

Exactly!

souldancer
12-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Sending out peaceful thoughts to Creed fans, media a/h's (sorry) - and especially to Scott, Mark, Scott and Brett - Jagger too.
Let us find the peace inside and let it be our friend....and let us move toward compassion.

Dogstar
12-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Yes, compassion, of which there seems precious little in today's world. We need to give more of it.

souldancer
12-31-2002, 04:01 AM
Happy New Year to everyone!
May we all realize that we can climb mountains and overcome obstacles with non-violence. Vision with right action can lead the way. Peace begins, as our Creed lyrics tell 'inside us'...radiates to our relationships, communities, nation, other nations and across the globe to all Life on Earth. Each of us makes a difference - right where we are. Let's live the Universal Golden Rule - be the love and compassion to others that we want for ourselves. Don't lose our faith. Believe, and when we get down (which is easy to do these days) listen to some Creed and Lennon's Imagine, recite St. Francis' Prayer for Peace (Lord Make me an instrument...) - take a walk and feel the beauty of Nature.
Spend time in silence. Close your eyes, smile and consider all the blessings you received in 2002. Open your heart and make room with gratitude to greet 2003!
Wishing you much peace and joy -

souldancer
01-20-2003, 11:49 AM
In recognition and honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.

I plan to stand by nonviolence, because I have found it to be a philosophy of life that regulates not only my dealings in the struggle for racial justice, but also my dealings with people, and with my own self.

Dogstar
01-21-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm with ya, SD. To me, violence begets violence.

souldancer
01-27-2003, 01:18 PM
peace......fill me with peace in these hours and this day of war raging, football rioting nonsense....

souldancer
02-05-2003, 11:56 AM
" The ideals that lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully have been
Kindness, Beauty and Truth. "
...Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Lechium
02-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Peace is a short break between wars. It has alwasy been that way, it is here to stay. Enjoy while it lasts.

souldancer
02-06-2003, 02:35 PM
" If we do not change our direction we are likely to end up where we are
headed for. "
Chinese Proverb

Life is a series of choices, and I still believe that humans are evolving...

souldancer
02-11-2003, 03:10 AM
"We used to wonder where war lived, what it was that made it so vile. And now we realize that we know where it lives, that it is inside ourselves."
--Albert Camus

"There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend"
--Creed

souldancer
02-16-2003, 02:45 AM
Went to the "Californians say No to War" rally at the capitol today and was soooo impressed by the number and diversity of folks that turned out. Grandmothers, veterans, teachers, famiilies with kids and dogs, teens, - was inspiring and uplifting to see such a mass of actively concerned people out expressing themselves making a statement for peace

Dogstar
02-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Indeed, SD. I went to the one in Philly and was inspired by all the people who showed up. So much passion. All of these demonstrations were on the news, so our voices were heard. Now, if only our leaders could hear them as well. Praying that they will give peace a chance.:angel:

souldancer
02-16-2003, 12:44 PM
:angel: Prayers help - Passionate presence and statements like yesterday helps - let's keep working from our hearts and dancing for today! :dancing:

souldancer
02-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Peace is what they tell me
Love am I unholy
Lies are what they tell me
Despise you that control me

Lechium
02-17-2003, 02:58 PM
I want world peace. If someone doesnt we have to shoot them dead, or bomb the shit out of their country. Yay.

Siana
02-20-2003, 08:52 AM
there's a peace inside us all
let it be your friend!

souldancer
02-20-2003, 10:39 AM
yes, peace is an inside job! It's also about action. Sending thanks to all the peacemakers in the world -

Siana
02-20-2003, 10:41 AM
:D

souldancer
02-23-2003, 04:19 AM
Wars are not acts of God. They are caused by man, by man-made institutions, by the way in which man has organized his society. What man has made, man can change.
-- Frederick Moore Vinson, Speech at Arlington National Cemetery (Memorial Day, 1945)

When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men and women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
--Hannah Arendt, 20th-century German political philosopher and author

The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
--Douglas MacArthur

souldancer
02-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Nonviolence which is a quality of the heart, cannot come by an appeal to the brain.
Mahatma Gandhi

souldancer
02-26-2003, 01:56 AM
PEACE on this bulletin board -

Siana
02-26-2003, 06:32 AM
The human race has only 1 effective weapon-humour! *Mark Twain*

souldancer
02-26-2003, 10:37 AM
"Have you ever noticed when you wear a hat for a long time it feels like it's not there anymore? And when you take it off it feels like it's still there? What is that? " --George Carlin

souldancer
03-02-2003, 11:54 PM
I find it interesting how many threads are about the war and Iraq and bombing, and the number of posts and members involved...but when it comes to the boring, topic of PEACE...no one seems to really give a SHI# do they? OK...had to say that,..the peace is slowly returning to me now.....

Peace is really an inside job....there is no way around that. You can't make people desire peace, it is an intrinsic value....however, through fear you can terrorize people into desiring war and bloodshed and they will manifest all kinds of horrors in the honor of what is 'right and just'.

Why is that? Is it because we still share so much in common with chimpanzees, and deny our spiritual side?

Dogstar
03-03-2003, 12:15 AM
Yes, mass media scare tactics seem all the rage these days...It's distressing. I think people don't want to do the spiritual work that is required of that *inside job* for inner peace you speak of, SD. They would rather take the easy path and believe what is spoonfed to them by our so-called leaders and media. They look away from themselves rather than at themselves. Mob mentality and hanging with the pack are in vogue because I think most people fear not being on the side of what is considered popular opinion.

souldancer
03-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Thank you for your wisdom DS.
NO offense to your depth and thoughtfulness. I just can't get there at the moment (or most times) but this does remind me of the difference between a cat and a dog. Are dogs still more popular in America?

Dogstar
03-03-2003, 12:27 AM
LOL, yes, they are, which I find interesting as well. Always identifying with the warrior are we (as a nation and as individuals). Diplomacy is viewed more often as a weakness than a strength. As humans, we have much more evolving ahead of us. Sometimes, I feel as if we are still living in caves.

souldancer
03-07-2003, 10:57 PM
The love of one's country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?
--Pablo Casals

whitebird
03-11-2003, 12:47 PM
souldancer-

Please don't burn out on this board. I have greatly respected the posts that you have made, especially this one. I believe that your Post For Peace is one of the most important threads on this BB, because it reaches people all over the world, and lets them know that there are others besides themselves that value peace within, and toward others in this world of ours.

Please post again.

Ivan_Creed
03-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Excellent post by souldancer!!

Siana
03-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Revenge converts a little right into a great wrong

souldancer
03-24-2003, 02:55 AM
In all of his suffering, as in all of his life and ministry, Jesus refused to defend himself with force or with violence. He endured violence and cruelty so that God's love might be fully manifest and the world might be reconciled to the One from whom it had become estranged. Even at his death, Jesus cried for forgiveness for those who were executioners: "Father, forgive them"
--The Challenge of Peace

Dogstar
03-24-2003, 05:31 AM
Someone who was attending a rally for peace in Philadelphia yesterday summed it all up pretty nicely: An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

That is so true on so many levels.

Siana
03-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Respice post te,mortalem te esse memento=Look around you,remember that you are mortal

souldancer
03-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Someone who was attending a rally for peace in Philadelphia yesterday summed it all up pretty nicely: An eye for an eye makes the world blind. &nbsp;

That is so true on so many levels.

Yes!
I believe Gandhi said that...not that it matters, but that brings up a couple other fav quotes..

Nonviolence which is a quality of the heart, cannot come by an appeal to the brain.
--Mahatma Gandhi

You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
--Indira Gandhi, 1971

Dogstar
03-25-2003, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I couldn't remember who originally said it but it touched me and made me think. I love Indira's quote as well!!!

Siana
03-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Vae victis-Woe to the conquered

whitebird
03-28-2003, 04:59 PM
souldancer-
I just had to tell you that I have reread this thread several times, there are some very beautiful posts here.

I can't quite remember where I heard the following, perhaps it was a Beatles song.

The quote is "Peace Will Come Again" Can you place this beautiful line?

souldancer
03-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by whitebird
<b>souldancer-I can't quite remember where I heard the following, perhaps it was a Beatles song.

The quote is "Peace Will Come Again" &nbsp;Can you place this beautiful line? </b>

Dear whitebird, is this the one......

A plea for Peace.
How many bombs must we drop on the world,
How many lives must we end.
How much retribution must the world endure,
Before peace can come again.

Do we believe that we can wipe out terrorism,
by acts of aggression and anger.
Do we feel justified in killing others,
because they have killed us.

Every terrorist is just a man,
fighting for what he believes.
Every last one of the casualties of war,
has family and friends just like you and me.

Every war that is waged against another,
increases the hate in the world.
Every terrorist killed by an agressor,
creates ten more to follow.

But...

Every cause that we solve in the world,
each inequality that is fixed.
Each suffering nation that is helped in their plight,
each one of these things brings peace to the world.

If we work to remove suffering in the world,
if we work to remove inequality.
If we work to remove the cause of terrorism,
we can surely remove terrorism itself.

If we took all the money spent on weapons around the world,
and all the money spent on wars.
And we spent that money making life better for those in need,
we could make a difference,
we could win the war.

Every country likes to think that they do enough,
and that they have the biggest heart towards others.
But the evident truth is that none of us have done enough.

Let us wake up to ourselves and take heed of the past,
How long will it take to learn that aggression is no answer.
Don't fight back with bombs and armies,
Fight back with compassion, generosity and kindness.

-------
I believe that Peace is ALWAYS HERE....it may be buried, in denial, or plain ignored......but as Creed sings, there is always that 'Peace inside us all.' Thanks for radiating out your goodness on this board

souldancer
03-30-2003, 01:03 AM
I can't get enough of Byrd's wisdome these days....
For like-minded and like-hearted only....
http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0319-04.htm

Siana
03-30-2003, 05:48 AM
Nullus est liber tam mallus ut non aliqua parte prosit-There is no book so bad that it is not profitable in some part

whitebird
03-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Wow!

I printed both your post and Byrd's speech. Thank you.

Thank you also for that web site for news, I didn't know about it.

souldancer
04-24-2003, 02:53 AM
Peace is an inside job.......

Siana
04-24-2003, 12:34 PM
agree

Siana
04-24-2003, 12:35 PM
agree...but it's not only an inside job...it's just as important as world peace

souldancer
05-02-2003, 01:22 AM
What I meant is that...peace begins inside us all...actions arise out people's values and behavior. I believe we cannot have peace in the world until we have peace in our hearts. As my buddy here has posted...'violence begets violence'.

Peace is not the product of a victory or a command. It has no finishing line, no final deadline, no fixed definition of achievement. Peace is a never-ending process, the work of many decisions.
--Oscar Arias

Siana
05-02-2003, 07:55 PM
yes,right:)

souldancer
05-12-2003, 02:22 PM
When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.
--HH the Dalai Lama:

alive_in_Jesus
05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Wow! It amazes me that this topic is this long and still on track! Very cool.

Siana
05-19-2003, 10:28 AM
When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.
--HH the Dalai Lama:

nice one,souldancer!:D :)

souldancer
05-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
-- from A Course in Miracles

whitebird
05-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Each time a person of peace speaks out, asking for honesty, integrity and love in this world, their soul becomes brighter and shines for all to see.

Each time souldancer places a post for peace, she bares her soul as an example of what we as people can be, if we try.

JulieCitySlicker
05-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Wow! Whitebird, you always have such beautiful things to say in every circumstance:P You are a very beautiful person with such a great soul:angel:

TeriB19
05-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Souldancer is the BEST!!! And whitebird your words mean so much!! You are both incredible ladies!

Sheila63
05-23-2003, 08:45 PM
I agree, I always love reading your posts. souldancer and whitebird, you are two very special souls. :angel: :angel:

Dogstar
05-24-2003, 02:51 AM
Amen to THAT....I come here for my dose of optimism, which is much-needed in this world today. Reading your posts, SD and whitebird, makes me remember that there are good souls in this world :D. I'm lucky and grateful to know you both!

whitebird
05-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Thank you very much, but I'm only following souldancers lead on this one. This thread is her baby. She has nurtured it and kept it alive for an incredablely long and beautiful course of time.

I hope that we can all help her keep it going. Someone and something as important as souldancer and peace need to be kept in the forfront of this world.

I too am fortunate to have met all of you, thank you for your friendship.

Siana
05-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Omnia vincit amor,et nos cedamus amori-Love conquers all things,let us too surender to love

souldancer
05-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Siana
Omnia vincit amor,et nos cedamus amori-Love conquers all things,let us too surender to love Beautiful Siana! :angel:

"Let love replace all our hate...."

Dogstar
05-25-2003, 01:28 AM
I think I posted this one before, but I love it even though it is a simple yet powerful sentiment:

All we are saying.... is give peace a chance. :angel:

Lechium
05-25-2003, 01:35 AM
"Give peace a chance" is a slogan that everyone says and... well people start wars according to taht slogan haha
The whole Iraqi bullshit -- we want peace so we gotta neautralize Saddam.
It's just funny how overrused, overlook and poinltess this slogan is...
flame away

Dogstar
05-25-2003, 01:43 AM
Well, that is not the vein in which I expressed it. People use words in many ways, yes. But this is a thread titled "Post for Peace" and that is the sentiment I was expressing. I don't espouse peace through violence, and I refuse to argue with you on this matter in this thread. This is a POST FOR PEACE.

Lechium
05-25-2003, 01:48 AM
Well world peace is a Utopia.
So why bother?

souldancer
05-25-2003, 02:04 AM
I refuse to argue with you on this matter in this thread. This is a POST FOR PEACE. Spoken as a true peace activist and a realist!
Though I have days of doubt about the evolution of our species consciousness and heart...I haven't given up hope. Good things and CHANGE happens (sure, shit happens too, that's life) - many progressive strides have been made and if we look deeper than the front page story or reality tv we can see examples -we can feel movements and hear questioning. Sometimes it's a 'two steps forward and one step backward' process.

Imagine for a minute…
Its easy if you try.....give peace a chance.

Dogstar
05-25-2003, 02:42 AM
Spoken as a true peace activist and a realist! &nbsp;
Though I have days of doubt about the evolution of our species consciousness and heart...I haven't given up hope. &nbsp;Good things and CHANGE happens (sure, shit happens too, that's life) - many progressive strides have been made and if we look deeper than the front page story or reality tv we can see examples -we can feel movements and hear questioning. Sometimes it's a 'two steps forward and one step backward' process. &nbsp;

Imagine for a minute…
Its easy if you try.....give peace a chance.

Thank you, souldancer! Well said as usual!

souldancer
05-25-2003, 12:12 PM
In times I don't feel peaceful, this song helps get me to that place...

There's a peace inside us all
Life can hold you down
When you're not looking up
Can't you hear the sound?
Hearts beating out loud
Although the names change
Inside we're all the same
Why can't we tear down these walls?
To show the scars we're covering
There's a peace
There's a peace inside us all
Let it be Oh, can't it be your friend?

Sheila63
05-25-2003, 06:57 PM
<b>Beautiful Siana! :angel: &nbsp;

"Let love replace all our hate...." </b>

I love that line you quoted above, souldancer. It's one of my favorites.:) So is the part of Inside Us All that you posted above. It's another favorite of mine because it's so true. Those lines touch my heart and soul.:angel:

Lechium
05-25-2003, 10:18 PM
2Sheila63: your avvie scare me...

Siana
05-26-2003, 04:06 PM
ohh,really?

JulieCitySlicker
05-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Are ya gonna go hide under your bed Lech;) j/k

Siana
05-26-2003, 05:22 PM
lol

Sheila63
05-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Sorry if my avie pic scares you, Lechium. Your pic has scared me from day one but I've learned to live with it, so I guess we're in the same boat.

Lechium
05-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Sheila63
Sorry if my avie pic scares you, Lechium. &nbsp;Your pic has scared me from day one but I've learned to live with it, so I guess we're in the same boat.
Not at all. Our boats are as different as it gets.
My avvie is funny/theatrical ugly. Your avvie is ugly ugly.
lol

SmEeKy
05-27-2003, 04:37 AM
Hey Lech, is the song of ur signature by nine inch nails called "i'm looking forward to joining you, finally"?? And if its not what's it called?

Lechium
05-28-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by SmEeKy
<b>Hey Lech, is the song of ur signature by nine inch nails called "i'm looking forward to joining you, finally"?? And if its not what's it called? </b>

You know your music man =)

I'm not 100% sure of spelling, but yeah that's the song (towards the end of Fragile Right CD). I always thought that it is the best NIN song lyricswise.

SmEeKy
05-28-2003, 03:46 AM
well I listened to it at a friends house I liked it (sounded good to my ears) so I wanted to make sure the name of it because I wanted to download it :D

whitebird
05-29-2003, 02:01 PM
souldancer, as you know is in Florida, meeting with other members of CreedFeed. She has tried to keep this thread going for peace, and has put her heart and soul into it.

I have never been unkind to any one of you, and I'm not now. Please, just try to keep this Post For Peace going pure. It is something very special, and I for one would hate to see it lost.

Please????

Siana
05-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Love is like war-easy to start,hard to finish.

JulieCitySlicker
05-30-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Siana
Love is like war-easy to start,hard to finish. Good one Siana;)

Siana
05-30-2003, 02:30 PM
:)

souldancer
05-31-2003, 08:31 PM
Peace .....in our hearts - today and always.

JulieCitySlicker
05-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Hi there SoulDancer:dancing:

Lechium
06-01-2003, 01:39 AM
BTW.
Can you imagine world with no wars, no conflicts, no tensions?
Can you look back into history and see a time period (not a brief one) when that was the case?
It's not possible. Wars are intrisic part of mankind.

The Lithium
06-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Yeah Lech, I can see it, and it's fucking beautiful.....Everyone live in there own way, and no one's poor or something like that! It's far away, but it is! In our minds and hearts.....There's a place of love...and no power, no USA, no war, no pain....

whitebird
06-01-2003, 09:32 AM
I can imagine a world without wars. You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. If this world is to survive, the people must grow. Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure.

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes.

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.

The Lithium
06-01-2003, 10:33 AM
I can imagine a world without wars. You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. If this world is to survive, the people must grow. Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure. &nbsp;

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes. &nbsp;

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.

Can't say it better on myself! Agree is all I can say now! You've get it all!:bow::clap::bow:

Lechium
06-01-2003, 01:43 PM
I can imagine a world without wars. &nbsp;You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. &nbsp;If this world is to survive, the people must grow. &nbsp;Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. &nbsp;I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. &nbsp;Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure. &nbsp;

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. &nbsp;The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes. &nbsp;

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. &nbsp;Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.
You see, only problem is that people dont really change. hey get more technology and stuff, but human nature remains teh same. And human nature is distructive. As long as people have ambitions, and as long as there is central govornment there will be wars.
Wolrd witout war is a utopia. It is something individual people might want, but is an unreachable goal for the mankind. There will always be wars, and wars are what makes us people (like it or not).
History repetes itself. ALWAYS.

The Lithium
06-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Peace....:peace:....Peace

Siana
06-01-2003, 05:47 PM
peace....& love :D

whitebird
06-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Lechim-Here is where I prove my point. You see, you don't know me. You don't know what I have lived. I have been taken down to my knees, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have known hardship, and experiences that I wouldn't wish on anyone, yet I choose to be who I now am. I have never felt revenge, and bitterness is a choice. As war is a choice, peace is the other option. There is hope, as I know there are others out there like myself. I choose peace.

You are the only one that can make the choice for yourself. Follow history, and prove your point, or make a stand and try to change the world for the better. How brave are you? It may now be the time to decide.

JulieCitySlicker
06-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Well said whitebird:angel:

whitebird
06-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Thank you Julie.

JulieCitySlicker
06-01-2003, 06:44 PM
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Siana
06-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Thank you Julie.

agree

souldancer
06-03-2003, 01:00 AM
<i> The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.
˜ Alice Walker, Pulitzer Prize winning author of "The Color Purple"</i>
Maybe this idea holds true for Peace too. Just a thought.
Our lives are built upon a series of choices...what kind of future do we want to create? I see some beautiful images and hope filling this thread. Yes, I can imagine a world filled with peace.

Dogstar
06-03-2003, 10:51 AM
As war is a choice, peace is the other option. &nbsp;There is hope, as I know there are others out there like myself. &nbsp;I choose peace. &nbsp;

Amen to that, whitebird. You are also so right when you say it has to start inside. You have to find that balance, and I know what you mean about that balance with the earth. We can't live without the sun physically, and in my case emotionally. I can't tell you how basking in a little sunshine lightens my mood, no matter how bad.

There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend.

It's there. We just have to listen to our hearts once in a while.

Sheila63
06-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Very well said, Dogstar.:clap: :clap: I totally agree with you.

Dogstar
06-03-2003, 04:34 PM
:D. Thanks, Sheila...The connection to nature is so powerful. I really felt it big-time when I went to Alaska a couple of years ago. I think the fact that the area I visited was without the hand of man -- no infrastructure whatsoever -- made it all the more powerful. I felt like a guest in the land of the animals. It was amazing, beautiful, awe-inspiring, you name it. It's good to unplug like that and listen to what's inside.

Siana
06-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Very well said, Dogstar.:clap: :clap: I totally agree with you.

me 2:P :D

souldancer
06-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Ah, thank you Dogstar for the beautiful lines and touching into Nature. I would love to go to the last Frontier of ALaska some time. SOunds like a great iinward and physical adventure. Floating out in the warm gulf coast waters last week - i felt totally supported and serene in the calm, peaceful waters. The waters cleansed and soothed my soul.

Sheila63
06-04-2003, 08:47 PM
:D. Thanks, Sheila...The connection to nature is so powerful. I really felt it big-time when I went to Alaska a couple of years ago. I think the fact that the area I visited was without the hand of man -- no infrastructure whatsoever -- made it all the more powerful. I felt like a guest in the land of the animals. It was amazing, beautiful, awe-inspiring, you name it. It's good to unplug like that and listen to what's inside.

You're welcome. Alaska is most definitely on my list of places I want to visit. I've got to say that flying for the first time this past weekend and being above the clouds kind of gave me the same feeling. It was so amazing and beautiful!!!

Dogstar
06-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Ah, thank you Dogstar for the beautiful lines and touching into Nature. &nbsp;I would love to go to the last Frontier of ALaska some time. &nbsp;SOunds like a great iinward and physical adventure. Floating out in the warm gulf coast waters last week - i felt totally supported and serene in the calm, peaceful waters. The waters cleansed and soothed my soul.

You are most welcome, souldancer. The ocean has a very healing effect on my mind as well.

whitebird
06-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Sheila-63-I think that what you said about flying for the first time and being above the clouds, finding beauty and amazement in the moment to be very refreshing. I think that we take wonderous things for granted. Things that we routinely do or see in this world, are no less amazing than they ever were, it is us that change and become jaded. I like the joy of the moment that you shared.

Having peace in our lives, sometimes we become complacent, and we don't continue to nurture it . We don't realize how beautiful and special it is until it is threated. Then we find our selves, fighting for what we should have cherished. But, in fighting we have lost the battle, as peace has been lost.

Sheila63
06-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words, whitebird.:angel: I do try my best to take in moments like that. I see so much beauty in nature and the world as a whole and I try to focus on that rather than the negative which we hear about way too much. Taking the time to enjoy those moments also renew my spirit and my strength to help me get through the tougher times. I'll definitely treasure those moments seeing the world in a new way.:)

souldancer
06-15-2003, 06:34 PM
" If we are to reach real peace in the world,
we shall have to begin with children."
--Mahtama Gandhi

Wishing all those fathers, brothers, uncles, and friends to realize the importance of showing both sides - a strong and courageous side, as well as a gentle and nurturing side - to all the children you meet in the world.

Dogstar
06-23-2003, 02:38 AM
"This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, falsehood with truth, and hatred with love."
-- Peace Pilgrim.

souldancer
06-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Belated Summer Solstice wishes of peace for our planet that nourishes and sustains us....

We are as much alive as we keep the earth alive.
Chief Dan George

Siana
06-28-2003, 05:54 PM
nice 1

souldancer
07-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Trying to find peace in the midst of wanting to do some violent actions to the friggin people that stole my car, used my credit cards and just plain PISSED me off...Where is that peace when you need it...must be on a vacation. I am sure it will return...

souldancer
07-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Trying to get in touch with inner Freedom today to choose Peace.

Also, I find myself thinking that Independence Day should be about Independent thinking...so much of evil has to do with blind thinking and following.

Surely humans were meant to be more than domesticated sheep!

Today my pursuit of happiness is for peace.

"Our task must be to free ourselves from
our prison by widening our circles of
compassion to embrace all living
creatures and the whole of nature in its
beauty."

- Albert Einstein

Sheila63
07-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Great post for Independence Day, souldancer.:D I love that quote from Einstein.

souldancer
07-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Don't ever let them pull you down so low as to hate them.
Booker T. Washington

..what about a lot of disgust and outrage?!!

Dogstar
07-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Don't ever let them pull you down so low as to hate them. &nbsp;
Booker T. Washington

Amen to that!

souldancer
07-15-2003, 11:39 AM
"The truth is that there
is nothing noble in being
superior to somebody else.
The only read nobility is
in being superior to your
former self."
--Whitney Young

Sheila63
07-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Love that quote, souldancer.:D It's so true.

souldancer
07-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Sending Peace out to Scott and the others...hoping they feel their loyal fan support and can get in touch with the will of the warrior during potential days of stress following the Orlando Sentinel articles.
Let that silence fill your souls and bring you inner peace...always!

Sheila63
07-16-2003, 08:54 PM
I wish the same for them too, souldancer.:peacelove

souldancer
08-05-2003, 02:47 AM
Sheiila, you are so sweet. Peace is 'inside us all', but in you....it shines through and through! We know that actions speak louder than words...Thanks for all you are - for all you do.

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Sending Peace out to Scott and the others...hoping they feel their loyal fan support and can get in touch with the will of the warrior during potential days of stress following the Orlando Sentinel articles. &nbsp;
Let that silence fill your souls and bring you inner peace...always!

Yes, I hope they can find that peace inside and remember the millions of loyal fans they have:

My stage is shared by many millions
Who lift their hands up high because they feel this
We are one
We are strong
The more you hold us down the more we press on!

ZION1010
08-10-2003, 04:52 PM
TO All Of Guys N Creed May Gods Love And Gudiance Be With You

whocares
08-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I think recognizing your inner demons and learning to deal with them helps. Listening to what other people have to say about you or whats best for you, is not necessarily the best for you either. It has nothing to do with being a spirtual person but to recognize what makes you happy and to try to keep that continuity in your life everyday.

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Well said, whocares. It's really good to listen to your heart. It doesn't usually lie. It's the head stuff and the outside stuff that can get us into trouble.

More than anything, I just want Scott S., Scott P., Mark and Brett to be happy because that's what it's really all about, finding what it is that brings you peace and staying with it, even if it's not what others think it should be. It's really hard sometimes living up to others expectations. I spent way too long doing that and I'm trying to free myself of it still. I can't imagine living like that in the public eye. UGH. It's hard also on the people close to me because they have gotten used to me playing a certain role. Change can be trying, but if it's for the better, it's worth the struggle. You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror everyday and not be ashamed. Integrity for me is very important. If I'm honest with myself, it makes dealing with the world a whole lot easier.

Sheila63
08-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Well said, whocares and Dogstar. Change is hard and painful at times, but speaking from my own experience, it's worth it. It feels awful sometimes but in the end, I always feel better.

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Very well said you guys!

Sheila63
08-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Sheiila, you are so sweet. &nbsp; Peace is 'inside us all', but in you....it shines through and through! &nbsp;We know that actions speak louder than words...Thanks for all you are - for all you do.

souldancer, thank you so much.:angel: Your very kind words mean alot to me. I'm not at peace all of the time, but it's something I work towards and instead of focusing on the bad, I do my best to focus on the good in people and the good in the world as a whole.

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Sheila and Souldancer are the sweetest people. I just love reading yoy guys posts because they are just so pleasant all the time. :)

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 08:36 PM
... but speaking from my own experience, it's worth it. &nbsp;It feels awful sometimes but in the end, I always feel better.

I think it also makes you appreciate the journey even more. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment, knowing that you made it and came out stronger because of it; something to be proud of :angel:.

OMG, a dangling preposition! D'OH! :D . Don't tell my boss, hehehe.

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 08:40 PM
LMAO, a dangling preposition. You crack me up.
You know, I can sing my pronouns to the tune of "Here comes Santa Claus."
4th grade had a lot of positive effects on me. ;)
I will do it for you guys in November.

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 08:41 PM
ROTFLMMFAO!!!! OMG, we learned our prepositions in fourth grade, too, but we didn't get to sing any songs...I await that musical treat!!!!

Sheila63
08-10-2003, 08:44 PM
I think it also makes you appreciate the journey even more. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment, knowing that you made it and came out stronger because of it; something to be proud of :angel:.

OMG, a dangling preposition! D'OH! :D . Don't tell my boss, hehehe.

ROTFLMAO!!!:roll: :roll:

On a serious note, I agree with you. I know I appreciate the journey more and as hard as some times have been, I can honestly say I really don't have regrets because what happens in a person's life (and in mine) helps to make them who they are.

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Glad to see I am cracking someone up other then myslef. My kids are already crashed and I have been drinking when I really shouldn't be. Daniel is at work until 1am and I have been just laughing at my own posts. I will most definitly sing my little song to you guys in November.

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 08:46 PM
That is so true, Sheila. It's all in how you react/embrace/face whatever the demons and difficulties in your life. And sometimes, it's so much easier said than done, but when it is done, it's soooo worth it when you come out on the other side.

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
Glad to see I am cracking someone up other then myslef. My kids are already crashed and I have been drinking when I really shouldn't be. Daniel is at work until 1am and I have been just laughing at my own posts. I will most definitly sing my little song to you guys in November.

LOL!

Sheila63
08-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott

I can't wait to hear your song, Carrie.:)

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 08:53 PM
LOL, you guys can all hum the tune of "Here comes Santa Claus" as I show you how it's done........LOL! ;)

Sheila63
08-10-2003, 08:56 PM
LOL, sounds like a plan to me!;)

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Me, too! :D

Dogstar
08-10-2003, 09:07 PM
LMAO, we are going to have so much fun in November....Again, I can't thank Creed enough for making all this possible!

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 09:14 PM
I know, I can't thank them enough either. They are awesome in so many ways.

TeriB19
08-10-2003, 11:40 PM
I'm working on my 4th Corona and I can't wait to hear the song!!

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 11:57 PM
LMAO, I drank more then I should have, too, Teri. ;)
I know you will all know all of your pronouns after my loveley ballad in November.

Dogstar
08-11-2003, 01:16 AM
About, Above, Across, Around.....:D

Sheila63
08-11-2003, 12:02 PM
LMAO, we are going to have so much fun in November....Again, I can't thank Creed enough for making all this possible!

You're so right, Dogstar. I understand what you're talking about, they have given me so much, including awesome friends :D .

souldancer
10-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Hmmmmmm...was going to try to find something "profound" to quote about peace here....but, it seems to already be here...

LAUGHTER
CARING
TRUTH
FRIENDSHIP.
...they all bring peace of heart, mind and soul!

Rock on you crazed Creedfeed gals!!

Dogstar
10-26-2003, 02:06 AM
Nicely said, as usual, souldancer! It's soooo nice to have you back!

Sheila63
10-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Souldancer, it's so great to see you here!! :D I've missed you :hugs:

whitebird
10-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Souldancer, I have so very much missed your Post For Peace quotes. You always give me joy, laughter and food for thought.

whitebird

Siana
10-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Souldancer,it was about time,where have u been? :) i missed you too

creedsister
10-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Yes peace If you Could Buy It....What would you pay if just to keep it for a day....But the peace I Have Found Is Forever....And it was free paid for by the grace of my Lord......The True Peace Is Inside Us All and Hes My Best Friend He Reigns Forever....Hevean And Earth Shall Pass Away But My Words Shall Never Pass Away The Words Of THE PRINCE OF PEACE..........peace

souldancer
11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks for those overly kind words Creedgals! All that creed music, a few spirits to sip, some tatoos and some What If screen shots bring out your best. We've heard about cheese and crackers, butter and bread, milk and cookies......but what about PEACE & PASSION! All that inner beauty and truth radiates out as you give yourselves to others...such compassion and friendhip. I always feel your support and uplifted when I come here ...thanks for that peace of place.

Dogstar
11-02-2003, 03:01 PM
You get what you give, SD, and you give soooo much! Thank YOU!

Sheila63
11-02-2003, 04:41 PM
You're welcome. Dogstar is right, souldancer. You always make me feel good and I thank you. :angel:

Siana
11-02-2003, 05:13 PM
ditto:)

souldancer
11-02-2003, 08:43 PM
(hmmm - only part of my post posted...it didn't make sense, and now I can't figure out how to delete it)..oh well :)

creedsister
11-04-2003, 09:03 AM
Good Lord This Thread Just keeps Going and going and going..................Peace

whitebird
11-09-2003, 07:55 PM
To Souldancer, the inspiration, love, and the continuation of this thread,
I say thank you. May you post your wisdom and compassion for a long time to come.

souldancer
11-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Let's all keep our passion for peace strong and flowing here. Thank you to all of you that keep this feeling alive in this thread.

So, in preparation for Thanksgiving, how about posting names of those, living and passed on, whose deeds, words and lives are/were testimonials to peace. Famous or not yet famous....could be your neighbor, your grandma, a great prophet, philosopher, etc....no rules, other than what your heart tells you. One at a time, a list, whatever you want. We have days to go...If you have suggestions to add to this idea, please include that in your post too!

Peace and thanksgiving to.....

Robert Marrone
St. Francis
Albert Schweitzer
Jesus
Gammie
Dalai Lama

whitebird
11-11-2003, 07:09 PM
I would like to add these spiritual people to your list.

Mohandas Gandi

Dr. Martin Luther King

My friend E.

souldancer
11-15-2003, 02:44 AM
Peace and thanksgiving to some inspiring women...

Mother Theresa
Joan Baez
Clarice Luther (aka neighborhood "Flower Lady")
Jane Goodall
Margaret Mead
Maya Angelou

The love of one's country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?
Pablo Casals

souldancer
11-15-2003, 03:06 AM
(oops....how do I delete a post now?)

Dogstar
11-15-2003, 05:22 AM
Just hit the edit link under your avatar, SD, and you will see an option for deleting your post...

I like this idea of citing people who bring/brought peace through their deeds...
I know someone already said Gandhi, but I'm posting it anyway :D

Elayne (just by starting this thread, not to mention her other good deeds)

Megan (my friend from college)

The Lithium
11-15-2003, 05:35 AM
[CHAD KROEGER SPEAKS]
He's not happy about Nickelback's record label, Roadrunner, though. The New York-based company refused to allow Why Don't You and I, Kroeger's collaboration with Carlos Santana, to be released as a radio single.

"I couldn't shoot a commercial for famine relief if (Roadrunner) said no 'cause they own my visual rights and they own my recording rights. They own my image. So, if they don't like it, they get to say no, which infuriates me," says Kroeger.

"The record company was like, 'You just renegotiated (a contract), we just paid you a disgusting amount of money, we don't want anything else in the way. We want you focused on Nickelback.' I was like, 'I can see that, but that song is going to be a single no matter what. ... They'll find someone else to sing it, in which case you'll have no control over it.' ... And they were like, 'This is going to ruin your rock credibility!' Rock credibility? Every song that has done anything for us, they cross over to pop anyway. How You Remind Me went to pop. Too Bad went to pop. Hero went to pop."

Instead, Kroeger was forced to find another singer, Alex Band of The Calling, to re-record his vocals, which was sort of like watching another man make love to his girlfriend. Literally, in fact, as Why Don't You and I, as it turns out, was written for Kroeger's fiance, a hairdresser from Camrose who used to cut his grandmother's hair.

But Hanna's most successful son is getting the last laugh -- most stations in the U.S. and Canada are playing his version. Understandably, his fiance hates the other rendition. "Someone else is singing the love song to her," Kroeger says. The whole thing was very, very ugly."

That's not way too funny! Anyway....Peace!

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 08:32 PM
I came across this today and it sums up my philosophy quite nicely:

"If we just worry about the big picture, we are powerless. So my secret is to start right away doing whatever little work I can do. I try to give joy to one person in the morning, and remove the suffering of one person in the afternoon. If you and your friends do not despise the small work, a million people will remove a lot of suffering. That is the secret. Start right now."

Sister Chän Khöng

souldancer
11-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Love that! And you are living it dogstar.
I apppreciate that practicality and hopefulness. At times, the larger vision of World Peace and Global Unity is just overwhelming and seems impossible...
but, I can make choices in how I interact with my neighbors, students, fellow freeway drivers, cashiers.....and even my in-laws. Thank you for that reminder!

Dogstar
11-21-2003, 11:08 PM
You're welcome, SD...I like to do my best to do what I can in my little corner of the world because you never know how far it can spread :).

Sheila63
11-22-2003, 03:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-21-2003 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-21-2003 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You're welcome, SD...I like to do my best to do what I can in my little corner of the world because you never know how far it can spread :). [/b][/quote]
That's great, Dogstar. It's the philosophy I try and live by too. I'd rather walk through my day being as positive as possible and pass that along to others. I agree with souldancer, you are doing exactly that. :)

Dogstar
11-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Awww, thanks...I try :).

whitebird
11-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Dogstar, I love the quote that you posted. I really think that the world would be a better place if each of us would follow those teachings.

I think that you have shown on this board, that you live your life with kindness toward others.

I would also like to add one more person to the list.

My friend Liz.

Sheila63
11-26-2003, 12:09 PM
On this day before Thanksgiving, I would like to add some people in my life who have inspired me and I feel grateful to have had in my life -

My grandmother (my father's mom)
My Uncle Jud
Diane, one of my best friends

souldancer
11-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanksgiving appreciation going out to all the super special friends I have made through Creedfeed...and to the band for their music, messages and energy. :dancing: THANK YOU!!!

And infinite gratitude to the One Presence that sustains, nourishes and reminds me that there is a Peace inside.

In peace and with passion to love, serve and remember.

Sheila63
11-26-2003, 08:41 PM
I'll second that, souldancer!!

Dogstar
11-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Make that a three-fer!

souldancer
12-06-2003, 10:30 PM
All right......!!! Peace is GOOD! And, in times of this Christmas frenzy and Hallmark expectations.. I encourage each of us to check in with that feeling of Peace and Oneness to know that nothing can ever surpass that feeling of unity and divinity and gratitude.. Please try to not get caught up in that whirwind of ads, gifting, buying., pleasing, ....remember that YOUR PRESENCE is the greatest PRESENT. All the other is just STUFF that can be burned, buried, flooded, et ....what is really important is not of wordly things.
PEACE WITHIN and ALL AROUND YOU :peacelove:

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-07-2003, 04:33 PM
:hugs: :crying: That was a beautiful Souldancer. I don't want else to say!

whitebird
12-08-2003, 05:19 PM
:hugs: :crying: That was a beautiful Souldancer. I don't want else to say!

Souldancer, you are very wise to remind us of the things that are truly important. Thank you.

Please also remember that with the "War On Terrorism", women, children and service people from around the world are still dying. A great toll has been taken, which the world will never be able to replace.

One life lost, is perhaps a life that would have changed the world for the better.

Please, Please, Peace.

Sheila63
12-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Very well said, souldancer and whitebird. :D It's very easy to get caught up in the commercialism of the season and forget what is truly most important in our lives.

WeatheredWoman
12-09-2003, 08:11 PM
All right......!!! Peace is GOOD! And, in times of this Christmas frenzy and Hallmark expectations.. I encourage each of us to check in with that feeling of Peace and Oneness to know that nothing can ever surpass that feeling of unity and divinity and gratitude.. Please try to not get caught up in that whirwind of ads, gifting, buying., pleasing, ....remember that YOUR PRESENCE is the greatest PRESENT. All the other is just STUFF that can be burned, buried, flooded, et ....what is really important is not of wordly things.
PEACE WITHIN and ALL AROUND YOU :peacelove:

Need I say more???? Being accepted and respected for who you really are...
that's what counts... but It's hard in this material world!

Souldancer... I love u!!

creedsister
12-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Need I say more???? Being accepted and respected for who you really are...
that's what counts... but It's hard in this material world!

Souldancer... I love u!! yup;

souldancer
12-15-2003, 10:23 PM
I read this quote of a great peacemaker and just loved it.

"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." --Nelson Mandela

Dogstar
12-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Nelson rocks. Thanks, SD :)

SCOTTSMYMAN
12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
I've heard that before. It's an awesome quote!

Here is one for Christmas: " May we not "spend" Christmas or "observe Christmas", but rather "keep" it.

Sheila63
12-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Great quotes, souldancer and Kris. Thanks for sharing.:)

souldancer
12-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Happy Birthday to the Prince of Peace! May we remember His great messages of peace, love and HOPE! Here is to practicing that in 2004.

creedsister
12-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Happy Birthday to the Prince of Peace! May we remember His great messages of peace, love and HOPE! Here is to practicing that in 2004. good one

Sheila63
12-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Happy Birthday to the Prince of Peace! May we remember His great messages of peace, love and HOPE! Here is to practicing that in 2004.

Amen, souldancer!!

whitebird
01-02-2004, 07:40 PM
For the world to gain peace, we must let go of the hurts of the past.

For the world to find love, we must learn to let it into our hearts.

For the world to unite in peace and love we must look into the spirits within ourselves, only then can we see the depth in others.

souldancer
01-19-2004, 12:54 AM
So beautiful Whitebird...thank you for your wise words!

Let us remember that while Peace can be a conscious and personal choice -
it is also Innate - Inuitive - and Internal,
and as much as our heart beats,
if we but take the time to stop and listen - we can recognize and feell that Truth.
There is a Peace Inside us All.

souldancer
01-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Alas my children, thou prayers hath been answered.
:confused: Uh, while I love the sentiment, am still hopeful and do see many people at peace, and acting peacefully...I also look into eyes, read the paper and hear horror stories in homes, neighbordoods and across the seas. Seems not everyone's prayers are yet answered.
The intention and the way may be there...but, I pray we can get a few more people on the path so there is less pain, hatred and violence.

souldancer
01-19-2004, 03:29 PM
For today and always....thank you Martin Luther King Jr.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.--

whitebird
02-15-2004, 04:30 PM
This is one of those days for me that I cannot see peace. Our country is at war, our people learning violence is the only way to solve hatred.

I needed to bump Souldancer's thread up to the front. She gives me hope.

souldancer
02-20-2004, 03:13 PM
This is one of those days for me that I cannot see peace. Our country is at war, our people learning violence is the only way to solve hatred.

Thank you dear Whitebird for your action to bring Peace to the front. For it is holding that and being that ideal, which gives us hope. Your thoughts stir it up and I believe it is contagious.

I get those sick, disgusted, confused feelings too, reading the Gays in Religion post earlier brought up my hate and worry. Honoring our emotions is healthy. Perhaps if we bring our attention to seeing the goodness around us, the beauty in Nature, the innocence of a child, the joy of lovers, the kindness of neighbors we can nourish and sustain that inner peace, which we can then radiate out to others by Being Peaceful. Direct social action is important and has it's place. I respect the peace advocates, but we can do our small part too every day.
Keep believing, feeling and recognizing the peace that IS all around...

If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.--Thich Nhat Hanh

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.--Mother Teresa

Dogstar
02-20-2004, 03:27 PM

So do you, whitebird! Thank you for this wonderful reminder of how kind and generous you and souldancer are with your spirits! That gives me hope on days like today in which I cannot see the peace, either. :hugs:

whitebird
02-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Souldancer, I have missed your wonderful wisdom and beautiful quotes on this thread. I simply couldn't let it pass on to a back page.

The kindness in your spirit shines through when you speak of Love, Life, Nature and compassion for all.

You are a true peacemaker. Thank you so very much.

Thank you also Dogstar.

souldancer
02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Peace is an inside job.
Saw that on a bumper sticker and liked it.

Also, picked up a little post-card as part of the Season for NonViolence which reads;
GOSSIP FREE ZONE...
meaning before you think or speak, question:
Is it kind?
Is it true?
Is it necessary?

That sure puts me to the test. Especially when I visited with the in-laws a couple weeks ago! :o IN fact, I had to go back the next day to do MY WORK, since i blew it the first round. (thank goodness for guilt)

We are all humans and just gotta keep trying and remember to have compassion for ourselves, as well as others.