Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Chicago = Camel's Back? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Chicago = Camel's Back?

velocityidp
11-18-2003, 07:04 PM
I've been over at CreedPit quite a lot. Multiple sources have said that the band members were very angry at Stapp for his behaviour during the infamous Chicago show. As you may recall, I was at that show and I could tell by Marks/Flips body language that they were 1) very embarrassed and 2) very angry at Stapp.

Then, think of what the band thought of Stapp when he contacted the Orlando reporter and went on national TV saying "it was just a normal show" and that "I was just expressing myself." Heck, if you thought some of us Chicago fans were floored (and sickened) by that nonesense, think of how the other band members must have felt!

So far as I can reason, I think the Chicago incident was the beginning of the end for Creed. I'm sorry, but you just can't treat fans that way -- and then lie about it -- and expect everyone to support you in the end. Of course, there are other factors involved that we know nothing of, but it's pretty clear to me that Chicago was a major event that has brought us to where we are.

The Creed breakup seems to be less rumor and more reality. It's really sad... despite my dissapointment with the direction they took w/ Weathered, Creed has created fantastic music. I can only hope that they are able to patch things up in the near future and that a new, better, heavier Creed will result. Will it happen? Who knows, but from what I hear it would probably require Scott to suck it up at little bit, admit his faults, release some of that pride and let the other members have greater control over the band's sound.

In any case, it's a sad, sad day... but not totally unexpected <sniff>

(these are all just my observations/theories. Take from them what you will.)

DSDTonya
11-18-2003, 07:38 PM
quote from Scott Stapp

Most Painful Moment: "There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a damn about was how much money I could make. And didn't give a damn about my health or me as a person. Put my life in jeopardy because of money. Basically when I realized (that) everything around was fake. The only thing that anyone cared about was me being able to make money at all costs. Even at the expense of me as a human being and my health."

To me this all began wayyyyyyy before Chicago. I think Chicago was a result of this. When I saw them New Years they I thought theyd work through it all.
Putting the brunt of the blame all on Stapp and the Chicago show just seems so unfair. :(

mamm1234
11-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Something happened last fall, I don't know, there was something wrong with Scott at State College in November. I saw them in the summer and they rocked man, they really did, they were so together as a band.

Something happened culminating with chicago.
And that was the beginning of the end, imo. We have all prayed for Scott's health and continue to do so.

It's just so sad.

Bridge of Clay
11-18-2003, 09:04 PM
uhh........ I dunno ... nothing is too big it can't be forgiven.

I know that if they did break up, they should try a lil harder to settle the issues and keep together.

I'll support the band 110%, whatever it takes. Everybody makes mistakes, but the good things they did are way more than their mistakes

creedlvr
11-18-2003, 11:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Tremonti_Fed+11-18-2003 09:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tremonti_Fed @ 11-18-2003 09:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->uhh........ I dunno ... nothing is too big it can't be forgiven.

I know that if they did break up, they should try a lil harder to settle the issues and keep together.

I'll support the band 110%, whatever it takes. Everybody makes mistakes, but the good things they did are way more than their mistakes[/b][/quote]
I agree 100%. Creed has been going strong for 7 years. I understand that Scott made some mistakes and it made the band look bad as a whole ... but they had a couple of bad shows out of how many??? I just can't believe that it can't be worked out. I can only pray this isn't true!

facelessman
11-19-2003, 12:03 AM
yeah

marlsy
11-19-2003, 10:02 AM
well first Scott needs to admit he made a mistake

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
First I have to say, I've been at the pit for the past few days too, and there's NO place like home. They have their cliques there and no one will stop to answer one question from a newbie, which I'm not anyway.

This is just the thread I was looking for. It has what I wanted to say flat out. I'm sorry Velocity, I don't know your real name, but I totally agree with you. Chicago was bad, and I remember Mark holding things together and staying calm too. Couldn't see Flip from where I was. The concert was bad enough...but the flat out denial that followed from Scott, that was when I felt like Scott was on his own making statements, not Creed. I can say that looking back, wouldn't face it till a day ago.

I seen the PA concert on DVD. I remember being very afraid for the next concert I was going to, with good reason it turned out.

And Tonya, I read that interview too, my thoughts have been focuing on those words too.

It's hard not to let yourself blame it on Scott. There's DJs' words, fans' words. I am trying to stick with Steve on this and wait. I'm not ready to let go. BTW, STEVE, YOUR FORUMS ARE MUCH MORE ORGANIZED. CLICKING ON SMILIES VS ENTERING THE LETTERS TO IT AND...GETTING ONLY ONE EMAIL WHEN NUMEROUS RESPONSES ARE MADE TO A THREAD...IT'S A LIFESAVER. WAY TO GO! :jam:

Just had to vent, it's been a rough few days, but I'm sticking here. Much friendlier!! :hugs:

creedlvr
11-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Crest -- I didn't understand something you said.

When you say you saw the PA concert on DVD, did you mean the NYE concert?

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 11:41 AM
No, sorry about that. The PA concert that was in November at the University. He was swearing at the crowd.

creedlvr
11-19-2003, 11:53 AM
oh okay. yeah ... I saw some mpg's of that concert too. it sure didn't look good!

I can only hope that he is still going through a rough time (not that I want him to be going through a rough time!) but that he will work it out when he realizes what he is doing.

Maybe this will just have to be a wakeup call for him when he sees that the rest of the band is serious and will not put up with it.

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
I hope so. No one knows for sure what happened, but in the back of my head, I think it ended with Chicago and the statement he made denying anything. Denial is a big issue. I have no idea what the truth is, so please don't attack me here. I just hope he comes to his senses. His voice is "a gift" like his mother once said, and he's had so many struggles before that I hope he comes back to his one true calling.

Dogstar
11-19-2003, 12:32 PM
To me this all began wayyyyyyy before Chicago. I think Chicago was a result of this.

I think you're right. This seems to have been brewing for a while.

creedsister
11-19-2003, 12:44 PM
TO HELL WITH CHICAGO,,,,,,,

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 12:51 PM
:offtopic: ok, let's drop that one!

Blaize
11-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Yes, all this was brewing before Chicago, but Chicago did break the camels back. I was there, I saw the same thing everyone else did. Mark and Flip worked hard to hold that show together. A group of us were backstage after that show and it was all the Tremonti family back there having a good time hanging with each other, but the tension in the air was too thick to go unnoticed. Nothing had to be said, it had all been said out on the stage just minutes before.

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Wow, I bet that was akward a bit. I didn't know you were backstage. I take it Scott wasn't there with the band at that time.

The Lithium
11-19-2003, 04:08 PM
This is kind of like a test for Creed. You know what? I think they actually sit down and talk about it right now! I've said it before and I say it again! Creed knows that we know! That's why they sended a mail to us!

Of course they blame Stapp for Chicago, who wouldn't? I don't think that Creed have broken up, I don't think that Creed have decided if they will keep going as a band yet. If they decide that they will do it, the guys gets on kind of like a higher level, know what I'm saying? That's what I meant with test. Right now I don't even think that Creed know.