Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
So Bummed By All The No More Creed Talk [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : So Bummed By All The No More Creed Talk

Julbright
11-17-2003, 10:33 AM
I know there are other threads about this but I am in too much of a hurry to go find them - I am just speculating on some things and inviting others to share opinions or facts where noted

All this talk about new bands and the whole Scott Stapp Entertainment has me so unnerved!!!

When did all this talk about Mark and Downshifter surface and who can give me an idea (like percentage wise) about how reliable the talk is???

Does anyone think the psuedo-hostility that we seemed to get from Scott's interview (the one where he said no one cared about his health during Weathered tour etc.) was about the other band members????

I know many bands take a long time between albums and I am OK with it but what about the band members themselves? Is Scottie taking too long to get on track and the others are getting impatient? Opinions?

I know that if they all went on to do other things I would eventually be OK with it - but they have such a good thing going -

DSDTonya
11-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I was concerned for a little-nowadays I'm not really seeing the proof to make the 'no more Creed' assumption just yet. I think the small bit of information we had has been added to & twisted slightly as its traveled.
Well atleast I hope so. lol

facelessman
11-17-2003, 02:26 PM
yeah

Bridge of Clay
11-17-2003, 03:45 PM
that's why I said we could get some news from the band.

The rumors are definately not helping them. They won't get any poorer if they ask their staff to update the site, and send newsletters.

Agent D
11-17-2003, 04:44 PM
It says this on the official site:

"The band is currently rehearsing and beginning the songwriting process for the next album. "

Better than nothing. ;)

Kim V.
11-17-2003, 09:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Agent D+11-17-2003 04:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent D @ 11-17-2003 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It says this on the official site:

"The band is currently rehearsing and beginning the songwriting process for the next album. "

Better than nothing. ;) [/b][/quote]
Exactly....and I would take the word from Creed's official website rather than all this speculation and rumor....I would say from that statement, that the band definitely have plans to remain together and make another album...and I'm gonna hold onto that hope for dear life!!! Plenty of other bands have had times where the members did solo projects, outside projects like acting, etc., and have remained together as a band as well......let's not get all upset unless we hear definite word from Creed to the contrary.

JulieCitySlicker
11-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Eh! I'm not worried about it, I think they will be back ;)

DSDTonya
11-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Well... I tried to think positive & ignore the rumors,but sorry to say I belive it now too. The person who posted this on the pit tonite has nothing but shit to face by posting this and this is what she said after speaking with Mark.

news at the pit (http://pub186.ezboard.com/fcreedpit62842frm1.showMessageRange?topicID=37851.topic&start=1&stop=20)
:(

*please try not to get all nasty with me about it.This is definitely not what I wanted either. Just saying how I feel*

DSDTonya
11-17-2003, 11:40 PM
just adding in that bands like Bon Jovi (not that I'm a big Jovi fan) broke up for quite a few years after there most successful album (of back then anyway) Slippery When Wet. Now look at'em. Maybe theres hope?

facelessman
11-18-2003, 12:17 AM
im not worried either. if you think about it, MOP came out in 1997, HC came out in 1999, and Weathered came out in 2001, so theres always been a few years break in between albums.

crest tattoo
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Julie, I'm here with ya. I have this sick feeling in my stomach that I just can't get rid of, but I'm holding out hope. Even if it takes some time, I think they'll realize how well they play together. I love Mark, don't second guess that, but not many guitar players have done so well on their own. I wish Mark all the best, I really, really do, and if Scott's done, then I hope to God Mark and Flip can make a go of it. Well, either way I do, but it may be tough.

JulieCitySlicker
11-19-2003, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-crest tattoo+11-19-2003 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crest tattoo @ 11-19-2003 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Julie, I'm here with ya. I have this sick feeling in my stomach that I just can't get rid of, but I'm holding out hope. Even if it takes some time, I think they'll realize how well they play together. I love Mark, don't second guess that, but not many guitar players have done so well on their own. I wish Mark all the best, I really, really do, and if Scott's done, then I hope to God Mark and Flip can make a go of it. Well, either way I do, but it may be tough. [/b][/quote]
Ya :)
I'm not gonna give up hope on them staying together untill I get that email from either Wind Up or Creednet that they are splitting up ;)

Julbright
11-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Well, I am inclined to beleive that the stuff released in 04 will be mostly old/redone and a few new and then we will see the end of Creed for a while. Let's not fall apart here - there are several things in our favor - they are not dead- they plan to do solo projects so we will still see them - there is plenty of time in their young lives to reunite - and they have had a rough go the last year or so - maybe a break will do them good and then when they get back together it will be better than any of us could have imagined. Heck - we may even see more of Scott trying to promote himself as an individual - since he is such a hermit now - this means a whole bunch of promo stuff where the guys will be on all the talk shows and such - not together but we will still see them!!!

Creed is its own entity - and if it dies something very special is lost - but the guys who made it are still with us and have new plans. That can't be all bad.

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2003, 09:43 PM
what I can't get, is what or how it could happen, since they were best friends... and it all happened after that radio interview after the 2nd meet and greet, when Mark said they would hit the studio in January and release the album in November...

I think since it's recent, they'll wait to see if they were not precipitated...

DSDTonya
11-19-2003, 09:46 PM
I think since it's recent, they'll wait to see if they were not precipitated
good point!

Creed_Defaultgirl
11-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Y'know Julbright how you were saying about that interview w/ Stapp that no one cared about him during the Weathered tour. Me and my mom were also wondering about that. I just read it, the question is
"Most Painful Moment"

It doesn't have a time frame, and Scott replied,

"There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a *darn* about was how much money I could make."

It was very possible he was talking about Hilaree (however that is spelled) I don't know, but I really don't think he was talking about the other members.

hayley
11-22-2003, 01:16 AM
How long ago was that interview?

creedlvr
11-22-2003, 01:25 AM
I don't think it was Hillaree because it seems like his feelings were of more recent times. His health has been a problem this past year. Hillaree probably wouldn't have a lot of say in his current life and especially wouldn't care about how much money he could make. It's not like she's going to get any more of it.

The first thing I thought of when I read it were the rest of the band. I just keep thinking that Scott is up to getting back in the swing of things and the rest of the guys don't want to wait.

I don't know.

Creed_Defaultgirl
11-22-2003, 12:45 PM
i THINK that interview was on something like september 15. Not for sure though.

The Lithium
11-22-2003, 12:50 PM
CreedFeed will still be up, huh Steve??

Bridge of Clay
11-22-2003, 07:21 PM
To be quite honest, I never understood what Stapp meant on that interview

The Lithium
11-23-2003, 06:50 AM
:lol: Hahahahahaha! :lol:

Julbright
11-23-2003, 10:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Creed_Defaultgirl+11-21-2003 10:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Creed_Defaultgirl @ 11-21-2003 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Y'know Julbright how you were saying about that interview w/ Stapp that no one cared about him during the Weathered tour. Me and my mom were also wondering about that. I just read it, the question is
"Most Painful Moment"

It doesn't have a time frame, and Scott replied,

"There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a *darn* about was how much money I could make."

It was very possible he was talking about Hilaree (however that is spelled) I don't know, but I really don't think he was talking about the other members. [/b][/quote]
Sorry - been hard to get in here to post

I don't think it has anything to do with Hillaree at all. His health was an issue after the car accident and then with his voice and those things happened after he was divorced from Hilaree. I don't "know" if he is talking about Band members but I am pretty inclined to believe he is referring to management, record label people media ... along those lines. Maybe the band too - I don't know how they reacted to Stapp's health issues over the year - but if they weren't supportive it could've been about them too -

I used to think that Chicago was the beginning of the end - now I starting to think it was just the culmination of things brewing for some time... so sad .... perhaps Scott lost his rose colored glasses after he realized he was expected to put the show on no matter how much pain etc. -

Creed_Defaultgirl
11-23-2003, 11:07 PM
I wasn't exactly saying it WAS Hilaree, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mark and Flip. I might not be seeing it from the same perspective as you, but it, to me, just didn't come out to sound like he was talking about the other band members. You're right, It might be somewhere on the lines of management, but I don't see the Mark and Flip in it anywhere. Just my opinions though! :glasses:

facelessman
11-23-2003, 11:35 PM
yeah