Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Lately.... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Lately....

Weathered
10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
hey guys.....lately i have been feeling that i dont believe in God anymore. None of my prayers seem to be getting answered....my grandparents are getting worse everyday..i know its part of life and being old but still ...its hard to deal with

2nd....my ex- g/f lives an hour away and i know most of you will just say....."its part of being a teenager" (im 16) but i just felt like she is so perfect for me.....anyway ive prayed that we can just work all this out and that the distance wont be a problem....but in early september ..she started field hockey season and it lasted until last week....we broke up then b/c she was always busy and we only saw eachother once during the season....anyway....she promised me that we would go back out when the season ended ...but on Sunday night we broke up for good....she said its not working out b/c of the distance and b/c she is working again now.....so we still would only be able to see eachother every so often....i told her that if we really love eachother then she wouldnt give up just like that.....but then she said "im not sure what love is anymore" ...anyway long story short......i always felt like we would be together forever ...and that the distance wouldnt get in the way.....but she says it is ....but my point is that i used to pray all the time that it would work out and just last week i did again too....but i just cant say i believe in God and mean it 100%..but ireally wish i could say i do and mean it.......could anyone please help???

thanks guys

JulieCitySlicker
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
I know exactly how you are feeling Seth, well not about the dating thing but with not getting results from your prayers and such. I have learned that sometimes when you think that God isn't there during tough times is just, God sometimes will leave us alone for a bit just to see how we handle situations and trials to see how well we will put our faith in him during the tough times. I am just not getting out of a time like this. For the past several months I have been praying and praying for a job and just when I was about to guive up and throw in the towel God answered my prayers! I start a new job next month :D My advice to you would be to just try to hang in there! God will answer your prayers, you just have to let him do it is his timing and keep the faith :)

JenRN
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Oh boy to be a teen again......... All I have to say is hold on to your faith. I myself have doubted my faith in times when all the walls are crumbling down on me. I also had a high school sweetheart for 8 years and thought we would always end up together, we did not. Life is tough, you loose people you love, you get your heart broken over and over, but when something good happens (and it will) it seems to make it better. If you only believe in god, when all your prayers are answered, well then you will be dissapointed many times. I have prayed for several things in my life, and some happen and some don't. God is not there like a "jeanie" to grant you all your wishes, your spirituality is personal and used as a guidance though life. Life is tough, I am 30 and have been through more things than some 50 year olds, that is just the hand of cards I have been dealt. You just pick up your boot straps and go on, you have to!

Weathered
10-22-2003, 06:13 PM
i know i should be able to hang in there but i cant......things have felt hopeless lately ...just when i thought i might have the slightest chance of going back out with my ex....i think she likes this one other kid in her school......but i have no idea....the other thing im really depressed about is she seems so happy.....and she is b/c she has a huge smiley face in her away message on AIM...also i feel like none of my prayers have been answered ever since i started praying...not just lately.....i just dont know what to do anymore...and if i do find out she likes some other kid this soon i have no idea what ill do....the good thing is she said she still wants to hang out next time we both can....and we are still good friends....but its so hard to just be friends

JulieCitySlicker
10-22-2003, 06:23 PM
This may not be what ya want to hear but maybe she's not meant for you , maybe someone else may walk into your life. All I know is that if one thing doesn't work out theres a reason for it in every situation. I'll be praying for you Seth :)

Weathered
10-22-2003, 06:32 PM
thanks guys.......it means a lot

anyway i just cant picture myself with anyone else.....if i think of it i start thinking about how great my summer was with my ex...i was always happy when i was with her...and i just cant imagine being without her ...people say i will get over it and move on but i doubt i will and if i do i know it wont be for a long time :(

JulieCitySlicker
10-22-2003, 06:38 PM
I hope that whatever happens Seth wether you and your ex hook baxck up or if you find someone new that you will be completely happy with whatever happens! Good luck to you :) I hope all works out for ya, you deserve to be happy! I'll be praying for you :D

Weathered
10-22-2003, 06:42 PM
thanks julie !!! .....oh and btw.....congrats on the job!!

JulieCitySlicker
10-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Your Welcome {{{HUGS}}}
Thanks for the congrats on my job :D

Weathered
10-22-2003, 06:54 PM
:D no problem!

Leader of Men
10-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Dude, I was going through something similar to that in September, but remember, life will throw you curveballs now and then, you just have to captilize when it gives you a nice pitch to hit.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "Things will get better, we all go through this"

And I know you've probably been told that a billion times, but it's true

TeriB19
10-22-2003, 07:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Weathered+10-22-2003 06:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Weathered @ 10-22-2003 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i just cant picture myself with anyone else.....if i think of it i start thinking about how great my summer was with my ex...i was always happy when i was with her...and i just cant imagine being without her ...people say i will get over it and move on but i doubt i will and if i do i know it wont be for a long time :( [/b][/quote]
But you WILL, it won't be today or next week, but you WILL and that's what you have to focus on. We've all been through it Seth, and while it looks really bleak now, as cliche as it sounds, time really DOES heal all wounds. There will be many more women who will come in and out of your life. Focus on your music or your school work right now and it will get easier as the days go by. Good luck.

Weathered
10-22-2003, 07:10 PM
thanks teri....i know what you say is true.....but it doesnt feel like it...right now if this isnt hell i wonder how painful hell is..thats what i feel like : (

Weathered
10-22-2003, 07:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Leader of Men+10-22-2003 07:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leader of Men @ 10-22-2003 07:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dude, I was going through something similar to that in September, but remember, life will throw you curveballs now and then, you just have to captilize when it gives you a nice pitch to hit.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "Things will get better, we all go through this"

And I know you've probably been told that a billion times, but it's true [/b][/quote]
i know that but like i said to teri....it doesnt feel like it....she was the first girl i loved and i dont want to love anyone else :(

TeriB19
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
You feel that way now, but even if you don't believe it, it will get better. That's why I say, we've all been through it and we will be there to support you. We know what you're going through. Big hugs to you Seth.

JenRN
10-23-2003, 07:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+10-22-2003 06:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 10-22-2003 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You feel that way now, but even if you don't believe it, it will get better. That's why I say, we've all been through it and we will be there to support you. We know what you're going through. Big hugs to you Seth. [/b][/quote]
Teri is so right! I went through that same thing with my first love. I thought there was no one who I would love more and no one would love him more. It was a whirlwind of a ride for 7 years, it ended up violent on his half because I was the one who broke it off, he became way too possesive. I know how deep love hurts, especially your first love, please know that there IS someone else out there for you, and you will find them. Keep the faith! :D

Weathered
10-23-2003, 04:17 PM
i know you guys are right but like i said it just doesnt feel like it....thanks for all the help though...i appreciate it