Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Jack Black [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Jack Black

TeriB19
10-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Is it me or is this guy just NOT funny? I haven't seen School of Rock, and I'm sure it's a fine movie, but I think this guy is really overrated. I know of many comedians who, while not all that great looking, I still find sexy because they can make me laugh. But this guy is definitely not one of them.

Jez
10-11-2003, 11:54 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I find him really comical for the most part :)

DangerousDan85
10-12-2003, 12:15 AM
i'm a huge Jack Black fan, i find him hilarious

he's supposed to be great in School of Rock

i probably won't see it in theatres though

Rain
10-12-2003, 12:29 AM
yeah I think Jack Black is a very funny guy :D

Wylde-Tremonti
10-12-2003, 12:34 AM
ITS ONLY YOU!!!!!! JACK BLACK IS THE MAN!!! TANACIOUS D RULES!!!! HE'S AWESOME!!!!!
ARG!!!! COME ON HES HILARIOUS!!!!!

Wylde-Tremonti
10-12-2003, 12:36 AM
PS....SCHOOL OF ROCK KICKED MAJOR ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

facelessman
10-12-2003, 12:56 AM
yeah...hes a funny guy:banana:

AllForTheBoys
10-12-2003, 01:01 AM
He's the man, he ROCKS!!!!:jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Dogstar
10-12-2003, 01:21 AM
I love Jack Black. I thought he was hilarious in High Fidelity. He did a great job with that character. I haven't seen Shallow Hal, though, because that movie just looked too lame. I confess that I want to see School of Rock...I don't know, it's about music, and all, so I just want to check it out.

hotforscott
10-12-2003, 01:51 AM
I didn't care for Orange County, but he is what made the movie even somewhat worth the 8 bucks I paid in my opinion. He is hilarious in my opinion. I was to see The School of Rock SO bad. It looks hilarious. I saw him on some talk show talking about the movie and they showed a scene where he was giving the kids their "parts" in the band. He was like your on drums, your on bass, and then he got to these last 3 girls and he was like, "You guys are groupies" I was crackin' up. I hadn't seen that in the previews. It made me laugh!

RMadd
10-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Jack Black's f***ing hilarious! "School of Rock" was funny as hell. You've got to be insane to think he's not funny. Plus, he's multitalented--plays guitar, sings, acts, comedian. Awesome.

Jez
10-12-2003, 02:18 AM
For the record though, Teri....I don't care for Tenacious D;)
Shallow Hal was pretty funny.....a cute movie. It's worth the 4 bucks for the rental for whoever hadn't seen it yet.

Siana
10-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Is it me or is this guy just NOT funny? I haven't seen School of Rock, and I'm sure it's a fine movie, but I think this guy is really overrated.  I know of many comedians who, while not all that great looking, I still find sexy because they can make me laugh. But this guy is definitely not one of them.

well,i definetely don't find him funny

TeriB19
10-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Guess I'm in the minority here. Shallow Hal was ok, nothing to write home about IMO. He was good in High Fidelity, I had forgotten about his role in that, I just don't know that he's as great as they are making him out to be. Thanks for sharing your opinions, though. And thanks for not slamming me for not agreeing. You guys rock!

JenRN
10-12-2003, 10:04 AM
I think he is funny as well, loved Shallow Hal etc... It is Jim Carey that I find rather annoying!

TeriB19
10-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Don't even get me started on him. He's ok for very short periods of time (less than 2 minutes) but beyond that, I can't stomach Jim Carrey!!

JenRN
10-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Don't even get me started on him. He's ok for very short periods of time (less than 2 minutes) but beyond that, I can't stomach Jim Carrey!!
Me either:lol:

I forgot I love the movie with Jack Black "Saving Silverman" :)

marlsy
10-12-2003, 11:16 AM
I think he's pretty funny! I love Jim Carrey too!! He cracks me up!!!!

Rain
10-12-2003, 11:25 AM
I think they are both Hilarious, but I think Jack Black is the funniest. :D

Julbright
10-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Teri - you aren't alone - there is just something about him (and Jim Carey) that keeps me from thinking they are hillarious. We saw School of Rock last night because the other couple we went out with picked it and I have to admit it is a decent funny movie - but I still don't like him - I thought the talented kids made the movie - he is just kinda gross - not that he wasn't funny and I did like Saving Silverman - but he just doesn't do anything for me in the crack me up til I split my gut kinda funny way -

Dogstar
10-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Not a Jim Carrey fan, either. He just doesn't make me laugh, though I know many people find him hilarious.

Steve
10-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Jack Black is great. He wasn't the funniest when he hosted SNL, although that's not totally his fault as the writing plays a role in that. I am not a huge fan of Tenacious D, but I've seen them on an HBO special the other day and it was quite comical.

RMadd
10-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Tenacious D rocks! "My keibasa sausage has just got to perform"

DangerousDan85
10-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Me either:lol: &nbsp;

I forgot I love the movie with Jack Black "Saving Silverman" &nbsp;:) </b>

yeah, him and Steve Zahn were hilarious in that

CollectiveSoul
10-12-2003, 03:44 PM
omg school of rock was so hilarious

Lechium
10-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Teri teri teri, is there anything/anyone you like, aside of guys who lie in drunk prostration on stage?

Wylde-Tremonti
10-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by BearFan
<b>Tenacious D rocks! &nbsp;"My keibasa sausage has just got to perform" </b>
Yeah....and "dude...do u think when this album comes out...we'll get a lot of chicks?"
"yeah dude...i've already started gettin ready"
"how's that?"
"I've been doin C*ck Pushups"
"C*ck PUSHUPS??????"
THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE D RULES!!!!!!

Rocker_Dude
10-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
<b>Yeah....and "dude...do u think when this album comes out...we'll get a lot of chicks?"
"yeah dude...i've already started gettin ready"
&nbsp;"how's that?"
&nbsp;"I've been doin C*ck Pushups"
&nbsp;"C*ck PUSHUPS??????"
THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE D RULES!!!!!! </b>

:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :jam: Jack Black RULES!!!

Rocker_Dude
10-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
Teri teri teri, is there anything/anyone you like, aside of guys who lie in drunk prostration on stage?

LOL!!!:)

JenRN
10-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
yeah, him and Steve Zahn were hilarious in that
Yeah Steve Zahn he cracks me up too:D

hide
10-14-2003, 09:12 PM
I know that Tremonti is a big fan, Black is one funny man how funny is the video with Grohl as the devil? He's very talented singer, guitarist, actor, comedian etc:

JulieCitySlicker
10-14-2003, 09:18 PM
I didn't really care much for Shallow Hal:embarass: I thought it was boring:eek: