Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
sevendust-seasons [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : sevendust-seasons

musicmind226
10-05-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm sure there are a few sevendust fans here, are there not?

Well, as you may know or not, seasons sevendust's fourth album will be out this coming tuesday and will also have a DVD with it.

JenRN
10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
That is great! Thanks for reminding me!! I was anxiously waiting for it, yes I am a fan!!!:rockon:

PaulMcCoygirl
10-05-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm a HUGE fan!! I can't wait....although I'm broke. I spent the rest of my money on the Nickelback CD, which by the way was worth it! :)

Aimee
10-06-2003, 12:18 PM
YAY! When will they play again in Orlando, I wonder?

musicmind226
10-06-2003, 06:11 PM
I heard the new nickelback was good, tell me, is it a bit harder then the last CD?

Anyway, I'm so stoked for the seasons. I'm getting it as soon as I get out of school, and in addition I will be getting a new stereo as well. My previous stereo I had was four years old when it just saw better days.

PaulMcCoygirl
10-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Yeah Nickelback's new cd is a bit harder that the last one. I personally think it's better than Silver Side Up.

musicmind226
10-06-2003, 08:50 PM
I was a little reluctant to buy the long road, but I'm still considering. Silver side up was a fairly solid rock CD.

JenRN
10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by PaulMcCoygirl
Yeah Nickelback's new cd is a bit harder that the last one. I personally think it's better than Silver Side Up.
I agree, I love the new CD it ROCKS!!!!:rockon:

hide
10-06-2003, 10:27 PM
hey rocker or musicmind i'm a big dust fan have all of their albums so far and will get Seasons a little later this week. Fav song of theirs would probably be Trust.

musicmind226
10-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Trust is a killer tune, so you finally got animosity? How do you think of it as a whole?

Musically, and in terms of production I think its there best.

hide
10-06-2003, 10:35 PM
I agree that it is their best album they have more hooks in their music now. Their not Creed in that respect but its a little more catchy not just noise in that respect. They haven't lost their hardness though and Lajon's vocals are a lot better not that they weren't any good previously.

Oh and if you didn't know PJ are putting out their rarities titled "Lost Dogs" on November 11 together with a DVD titled "Live at the Garden".

Wylde-Tremonti
10-06-2003, 10:39 PM
hey....i dont own annimosity(i kno that's prolly spelled wrong) but i've borrowed it from my friend....I'm really looking forward to gettin Seasons tomarrow tho!!!! i really love their sound...i think it's a sound that the band i play guitar for is really gonna try and emulate!!!

JenRN
10-09-2003, 08:08 PM
I bought it today, like it alot!!! I like the different sound they have, lyrics are interesting! They rock!!!:jam:

musicmind226
10-09-2003, 08:41 PM
The liyrics to me are Ok, and not of the best. many of them seem very cleched. However, after listening to seasons, my opioion now is that it's pretty dam, but like where animosity left off. So far, songs 1,3,4,7,11 are ass kickers. Have NOT seen the DVD but I plan to soon when I get my laptop fixed.

Oh and tremontimannB, to emulate sevendust's sound as close as possible, try and get some of there equitment they recomend in there album booklets. Also in this booklet, they thank tremonti, flip and brett.

Also, get a less paul guitar a 120 watt amp and a whaa pedal.

hide
10-09-2003, 09:43 PM
they don't thank Stapp? ungrateful pricks! LOL last album at least one member thanked the entire band including Brett. It's not released in Australia yet so I have to wait a little while. Was planning on buying that but since I couldn't I got Lateralus tell me how good Danny Carey is. Sevendust's lyrics along with touring partners Staind's are very cliched but the music rocks.

None of the band will ever write a book ( i don't think) or enter politics but they know how to rock. Stapp should write a book one day.

Dogstar
10-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Lateralus ROCKS!!!! Love that CD. Don't know much about Sevendust. I heard a couple of songs on the radio, but they didn't grab me...I'll have to give them more of a listen.

musicmind226
10-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Odd huh? They forgot to thank stapp, but the other three members.

Anyway, it's growing on me, "gone" is a song that MUST be heard, such a beautifull tune, so dynamic. Actully, staind on there last album had backed off the chleched liyrics a bit, arron does alot more of reflective writing off 14 shades, another awsome album, a harmonic masterpeice as I would call it.

Youre an aussie? Cool, well.....know Mc Dundee or ever ridden a kangeroo?:P Lol, how late are albums there?

Wylde-Tremonti
10-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by hide
they don't thank Stapp? ungrateful pricks!
whoa...i dont know how serious you were bout that....but...if u were...RELAX...if they thanked everyone that helped them out....the booklet would be 50 pages long....

hide
10-09-2003, 10:56 PM
i was only kidding you'll see i said LOL after that. Yeah i'm an aussie and most cds come here the same time or a day later but as Sevendust is not that popular I think they release stage by stage instead of a worldwide release such as Nickelback has done. The cliched lyrics get so tired oh poor me particulary when these guys are millionaires or close to it.

Redeemer
10-10-2003, 09:57 AM
SEVENDUST ROX
Anyway. I can't wait to get my greedy pawz on Seasons. I can't believe LJ cut his hair, tho. It looked so sexy on him. Not that he doesn't still look sexy!!!! :D *drools on keyboard at mere thought of that face* lol

JenRN
10-10-2003, 12:33 PM
The more I listen to the CD the more I like it! They are raw and edgey:jam:

The Lithium
10-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Redeemer
SEVENDUST ROX
Anyway. I can't wait to get my greedy pawz on Seasons. I can't believe LJ cut his hair, tho. It looked so sexy on him. Not that he doesn't still look sexy!!!! :D *drools on keyboard at mere thought of that face* lol

Hey, Red-M, why don't you answer on my mail??

//Lith

Wylde-Tremonti
10-10-2003, 09:49 PM
i was only kidding you'll see i said LOL after that.   Yeah i'm an aussie and most cds come here the same time or a day later but as Sevendust is not that popular I think they release stage by stage instead of a worldwide release such as Nickelback has done.  The cliched lyrics get so tired oh poor me particulary when these guys are millionaires or close to it.
i doubt having millions of dollars make you happy....realisticly...it's prolly the same or worse....than being "normal"

Aimee
10-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Hide says..
Stapp should write a book one day

I wonder what that would be like? Poetry would be my :2cents: I'd rather read between the lines than have him tell all.

musicmind226
10-11-2003, 02:35 PM
With seasons, sevendust has taken a way more commercial apporach. It's not bad at all, but if you want to hear raw, listen to the first two albums. I still have not watched that dam DVD yet and am so eager to see it.

JenRN
10-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Yeah I actually was thinking of getting the first 2 Cd's...... good idea!:D I have yet to watch the DVD too, what the hell is wrong with me?:P

musicmind226
10-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Now, it's the first three CD's, or do you already have anomosity?

Well, if you are going to get the self-titled and home then don't expect songs like sceleton song and angels son or shine. The first album is heavy as hell, and the second is heavy, but raw as hell.

JenRN
10-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by musicmind226
Now, it's the first three CD's, or do you already have anomosity?

Well, if you are going to get the self-titled and home then don't expect songs like sceleton song and angels son or shine. The first album is heavy as hell, and the second is heavy, but raw as hell.
I have had anomosity for a LONG time, but never got the first 2. Actually...... the heavier stuff is my favorite, so I will probably LOVE the first 2 CD's!!! Are they easy to come by?

musicmind226
10-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Any average music store ought to supply the first two sevendust CDs. You can also but them online as well.

luvscott4ever
10-13-2003, 11:28 PM
tell me how good Danny Carey is.  

THE GREATEST DRUMMER EVER!!! (IMO)

Just see my avatar!! lol....I love him!! I saw him play with his side project band, I wasn't impressed with the singer, but the music ROCKED, especially Danny's drumming!! He's INCREDIBLE!!

luvscott4ever
10-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Ok, as for Sevendust, I don't know alot of their stuff, but they were with Godsmack in Orlando NYE when we saw them. That was some of the first I'd heard them and they really put on great show!! I'll be seeing them in November with Staind, ought to good!! My daughter got the new cd and we watched the dvd, it was pretty humorous!! I liked the part where the drummer gives the new bus driver a heap of shit!! Pretty funny stuff!! :)

Redeemer
10-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh, yeah, I remember that. That was the *shit*. lol. :P

hotforscott
10-24-2003, 05:22 PM
I love "enemy"!

Bridge of Clay
10-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Why am I the only one who doesn't get excited with Sevendust??? I swear I tried to like them, but their tunes are too screamed for me.

On the other hand, A Perfect Circle really gets my thumbs up, although their lyrics are... hmm... not my style!