Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
It's over FINALLY!!!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : It's over FINALLY!!!!!

JenRN
09-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Well, as some of you know by now I was hit HARD by Isabel. I FINALLY got my power back on last night late, I was beginning to really hate being a "pioneer woman":mad: I came home from my 36 hour extravaganza at the hospital Friday night to here in my hometown to TOTAL DESTRUCTION!!!:( My road was closed down, so I drove over the orange cones to get to my house:embarass: There were massive trees down, power lines all over the roads, people with trees through thier houses and caos everywhere. I learned to read by oil lamp and cook on the grill, waffles on the grill is VERY interesting LOL. The next day was clean up around here, we had 3, 75+foot trees down in our yard!!! Tree limbs all over the place and our cars had a blizzard of leaves all over them. At night all you could here were generators humming and during the day the haunting sounds of chainsaws EVERYWHERE!!!!!! My efforts in helping out with the downed trees was a hoot, needless to say. I got my feet caught up in vines in the yard and fell on my knees and face in the yard on top of one of the downed trees.:embarass: i messed my knee up pretty good! What a dumbass:doh: I lost all the food in both freezers and fridge:( I learned one of my favorite seafood places here in Virginia is now floating in the Chesapeake Bay:crying: :crying: This is on record one of the worst hurricanes to hit Virginia in it's history!!! I am glad we did not have more destruction than we have now. When I saw the power trucks pull up here in town, I could of kissed the men driving them!!!!! More than half the state of Virgingia has been without power, thank god it is over!

SCOTTSMYMAN
09-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Jen I'm soo glad you made it ok. I'm sorry to hear about your knee too! Just be happy that you are alive. Alot of worse things could have happened and you are still standing. Along with your house and your cars! That really sucks about all the trees and your favorite resturant! it sounds like it was pretty bad by you! I'm glad you got your power back and hopefully the clean up won't be so bad. God Bless you !! :angel: :hugs:

JenRN
09-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks:angel: George Bush is coming here today to tour the "destruction" yes it was BAD, REALLY bad!!!!:(

JulieCitySlicker
09-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi Jen:dancing:
Its great seeing ya back here{{{HUGS}}} Iam sorry to hear about you favorite restaurant being gone:( I'm sure you had a mess on your hands with those trees:eek: Sorry to hear that you hurt your knee:( I am very glad that you didn't get more damage then what you had ;)

JenRN
09-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks Julie!:D Yes I may have a ton of trees down and a banged up knee, but it could of been a lot worse! I am thankful I still have my house etc.... I feel for those still without power and holes in thier homes:(

DangerousDan85
09-22-2003, 01:49 PM
i'm glad your power is back, it sucks when that happens, i think my grandparents lost power for like a week last July

JulieCitySlicker
09-22-2003, 01:57 PM
My parents lose power all the dang time:mad: If they even get a little wind their power goes out:rolleyes:

marlsy
09-22-2003, 02:05 PM
wow jen, thank God your ok!!!! That must be a real experiance!!
I'm so glad to hear your house is ok!!! Thank God no trees fell into it!! Most of all Thank God you and yours are all fine!! What a story to tell your kids someday!! :) Are you gonna go see if you can see Bush???

Julbright
09-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Jen - glad you are OK and sorry for the grief you have been through. Hope things return to normal quickly for you

Mulletman
09-22-2003, 02:44 PM
thats good news, so i take it yer free for the weekend?

JenRN
09-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
thats good news, so i take it yer free for the weekend?
Actually no I have to work next wekend, got any better ideas for me? ;)

JenRN
09-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
wow jen, thank God  your ok!!!!  That must be a real experiance!!
I'm so glad to hear your  house is ok!!!  Thank God no trees fell into it!!  Most of all Thank God you and yours are all fine!!  What a story to tell your kids someday!! :)   Are you gonna go see if you can see Bush???
It is pretty much impossible to see him, security is wickedly tight, I already looked into it!:D

TeriB19
09-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Please GOD don't tell me Capn George's is no more?:crying:

Seriously, glad to see you back Jen.

devils_here
09-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Hey Jen I'm glad to hear everything is ok. I was begining to wonder where you have been :) Good luck with the clean up ;)

facelessman
09-22-2003, 05:36 PM
wow, it was nothing but sunny skies for me

hotforscott
09-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Jen, I am so glad you are back. We have missed you!

JenRN
09-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Please GOD don't tell me Capn George's is no more?:crying:

Seriously, glad to see you back Jen.
LOL Teri, no this is a different place right on the water, sad really:(

JenRN
09-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Marlsy, well I got to see George fly over my house with his crew! The big presidential helicopter and jets behind it:D

Sheila63
09-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Jen, it's great to have you back, I've missed you.:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear that you hurt your knee :( and about your trees. I'm just happy to hear that you're okay and that there was no damage to your house or your cars. Did the kitties make it through the storm okay too? I hope you get a chance to rest for a few days before you have to go back to work.

So sorry to hear about the restaurant too.:crying: I bet it was a seafood place, huh? Hopefully the owner will rebuild and or open somewhere else near you.

Dogstar
09-23-2003, 01:34 AM
Jen, souldancer, njcreedite and I were worried about you for sure while we were in California last week. I'm sure glad to hear you and yours are all right, but I'm sorry about your knee. That sucks! I'm glad your house and car were spared as well! Mother Nature sure can be nasty.

Julbright
09-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Anyone heard from Jen today? I was worried when I saw there was more bad weather up that way?

JenRN
09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Here I am, battered and torn after work. Yes we had some more wicked weather here, a TORNADO!!!!!:eek: I don't know what the hell is going on in Virginia.

Dogstar
09-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Yeah, we had tornadoes yesterday in Pa and NJ!!! Unreal! Did a lot of damage about a half hour from where I live...Scary!

Julbright
09-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Glad to see you Jen. I immediately thought of you when I heard VA was hit again - I am glad you are still surviving up there! Dogstar - glad too that weather avoided your immediate area! Definitely some bazaar weather this year huh?

JenRN
09-25-2003, 09:35 PM
All my elderly patients keep telling me now we are going to have a wicked winter. I guess the Farmers Almanac states the year of a major hurricane means lots of snow!!!!

Sheila63
09-26-2003, 07:01 AM
:yikes: I hope not, Jen. All of you in Virginia have had your share of bad weather this year. I thought of you too the other day when I heard about the tornado and all of our friends here in the NJ/Philadelphia area too. I'm glad that your okay, Jen and Dogstar.:hugs: I hope everyone else in the area is too. I don't like all of this crazy weather!:eek: