Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Sunday service or not? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Sunday service or not?

mysacrifice411
09-17-2003, 12:52 PM
What do you guys feel about actually going to an organized worship service on Sunday (or Saturday or whatever) ? I've noticed a lot of you have said that you believe in God, but you don't participate in organized religion or whatever. This is cool for you, and I respect your beliefs, but I'd like to hear some of the reasons why.

Me, personally, I believe we are saved by the grace of Christ, but only after we do all we can. It's kind of like giving a gift to a child, and hoping he does all he can to deserve it. How would you feel if the child was just ungrateful and went against everything you said, even after the gift was offered? I know God and Christ are merciful, but mercy can only go so far until justice steps in.

What I'm getting at is I think attending a service (a SPECIFIC service, to me) is not only working towards your salvation and eternal life, but also shows your faith and devotion to the Lord and how you put aside worldly things to "remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy."

Thoughts? Thanks.

JulieCitySlicker
09-17-2003, 01:23 PM
I agree with you mysacrifice:P I believe in God and go to church on Sundays and it does help streghten(sp) your walk with God:angel: Plus if you are ever struggling with your faith you are around other believers that can help you bring it back up and encourage you:angel:

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 05:46 PM
My Lord Said The Kingdome Of God Is Inside You And All Around You...Many Find It Better To Go To Church...Some cant be without it or they backslide..everybodys salvation is not the same god call us in diffrent ways...but these days i would tell anyone...to go to god first seek him with all your heart and soul and mind before you would listen to a mans sermone...there is book the bible will not lead you astray...but man will...church cant save you but he will and take you in...if you just let him in first and then walk in church...read the word for yourself study to show thy self approved...seek and you shall find...listen to his words they shall never depart from you...call upon the name of the lord with all thy heart soul in mind...hes watting for you and has got a plan for you were ever you our draw closer to him and you will find that purpose...point...have you ever set in a church service...and a message came out and it was just not for you...come on now he is the way the truth and the light .........peace

mysacrifice411
09-18-2003, 12:33 PM
No, actually I have never sat in a church service and had a message come to me that was not for me. I truly believe that my church is directed by God, and the sermons of men there have always hit home in some way or another. Didn't Christ call apostles in the New Testament? Weren't they men just like you and me and the people who preach in my church? Weren't they supposed to direct and lead the church (under His direction and the guidance of the Holy Ghost, of course) after He ascended to Heaven? Whether by Christ's voice, or by the voice of His servants, who he has not only called but has chosen, I believe it is the same.

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 05:39 PM
I Agree with you...if your in a church thats feeding your soul...and the lord has called you there...then you need to stay there untill the lord tells you otherwise....church just was never meant for me...the lord calls us on diffrent paths And every man must work out there own salvation...so god bless you

MrSeeker
09-18-2003, 08:46 PM
I have a cool youth group i do stuff with,and then church. ; )

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Cool

MrSeeker
09-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Yea, i know,its awesome!

ZION1010
09-18-2003, 10:37 PM
ye its a good thing i can tell you like it there

Tia67
09-19-2003, 01:36 AM
I believe it is important to have a church family. And that means to be there to give support and love to one another just like a real family would and should do. My husband is the youth minister at our church. And in the last year I have seen our youth group become a family. It is AWESOME! I really stand amazed at the committment these kids have, the majority of their parents do NOT come to church. So, that tells me one thing they are there by choice, they want to be there, they are NOT made to be there. Church should be a place where you enjoy going, not where you dread to go. People have this idea that church is suppose to be boring. NOT true it should be exciting and FUN! And IF it's not, then find a church home that makes you feel excited to be there.

mysacrifice411
09-19-2003, 12:16 PM
That's the way it should be, they should LOVE to be there!

JulieCitySlicker
09-19-2003, 01:20 PM
That is awesome Tia:dancing: I agree;) Church should be a place to go on your own will, you have to want to go. Otherwise you won't get anything out of it :angel: Thats is great hearing about your youth group there!

MrSeeker
09-20-2003, 02:38 AM
Yea, I like it alot,my g/f goes too,so its really cool : )

ZION1010
09-20-2003, 09:19 PM
That rocks

MrSeeker
09-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Yup : )

Wylde-Tremonti
09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
I go to church....it's basically something i've been doing my whole life....i've never not had church...so in a way i think what would happen if i ever stopped goin to church?...how would i stand up....i think church is great...but i wonder w/ out it as a crutch... would i still have the same strength in faith?....i hope i never have to find out.... BUT.....i also think because i have gone to church for so long....it's built up my faith level to a point where....even if my faith diminished....i would still have a great amount of faith in my Lord.....
Jah Loves....
Jah Loves....
Jah Loves...
Yeah,yeah,yeah!

ZION1010
09-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Some people need a good church to stay closer to god my point is do you really need it to stay in touch with god some our strongrer than others and need a place to fellowship with others..im not 100 percent...against churches...i guess i wanna people to get to know the lord and kept that feeling that some get out of church...with theme always in or out its doors.....god bless ya

facelessman
09-21-2003, 11:16 PM
i think its important to gather with people of your same beliefs, so i do go to church every sunday

ZION1010
09-21-2003, 11:54 PM
well good for you just keep gathering if thats what makes you happy my brother....god bless ya

Dogstar
09-23-2003, 12:57 AM
I believe in God, but I don't participate in organized religion for a multitude of reasons. I was raised in a strict Catholic home and found that guilt-based religion was not for me. I don't mean to offend any Catholics, but the negatives (and there were many) far outweighed the positives for me. I think it's great for people to share their beliefs and commune and all, but I get just as much spiritual nourishment, if not more, with a nice walk in the woods, a coastal stroll, or seeing God through the children than from worshiping with others. But that's just me :D.

ZION1010
09-23-2003, 01:12 AM
I hear ya

mysacrifice411
09-23-2003, 11:08 AM
I understand what you're saying, Dogstar, but there are a LOT of other religions out there besides Catholicism!

Dogstar
09-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Oh, I know that, mysacrifice411. I just don't feel I need a building to worship.

ZION1010
09-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Oh, I know that, mysacrifice411. I just don't feel I need a building to worship. praise the lord but if someone has found a church were there soul can be feed that is blessing..but my lord said the kingdome of god is inside you and all around you

facelessman
09-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ZION1010
well   good   for   you   just   keep   gathering   if    thats   what    makes   you   happy   my   brother....god   bless  ya
i willl thanks for your support

ZION1010
09-25-2003, 12:52 AM
your very welcome

MrSeeker
09-25-2003, 01:20 AM
: )

ZION1010
09-25-2003, 11:32 AM
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; i like doing that

mysacrifice411
09-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Dogstar, it's not the BUILDING that makes it church... It's a lot of things: the fellowshipping with others who share your beliefs, the desire to hear the word of God, the desire to learn how to improve your own life, the willingness to put aside worldly things on the Sabbath Day (that we are commanded to keep Holy), the willingness to show sacrifice to the Lord and go when you could be doing other things... etc.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but a lot of people think that just GOING is enough... we're not supposed to go to check it off a list, we're there to learn and grow.

Torn Signs
09-25-2003, 05:09 PM
I just wanted to reply that it is not doing good deeds in life that gets you up there, the bible says that, it's faith. Sry if this was repeated or w/e ...my times short.

Peace out. ;)

ZION1010
09-25-2003, 10:21 PM
thats rite what good is a deed thats done for its reward and not to make the soul happy what good is knowlege with out love what good is it to praise god with our lips if our heart be far from him...peace

mysacrifice411
09-27-2003, 11:45 AM
What good is faith in Christ if you never DO anything to live like Him? Why do you think He was baptized and lived such a perfect life of GOOD DEEDS? Not only to set an example for us, but to also "fulfill all righteousness" (Matt 3:15), meaning there are certain ordinances we need to obtain in order to get to heaven.

James 2:26: "So as the body without the Spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."