Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Food for thought... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought...

bgivens33
08-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Not sure if any of you have had a chance to look into any mythology, but there are some underlying themes that take place in just about all myths.

-God/Goodess creates man from clay/dust/dirt or some other part of the earth.
-God/Goodess at somepoint wipes out the race of humans through the use of a flood
-The Hero of the story is usually the son/daughter of a god, comes in a mysterious way and has super strength and fights monsters

(I think I'm forgetting one, I'll check later and edit it if needed)

Just one more thing.... if you look at Greek mythology, what most people don't realize, is that it wasn't a myth to them. That was what they truly believed, that was their religion.

These aren't made up at all... I will cite some references in the morning... take of it as you will.

Take care,

-B

ZION1010
08-28-2003, 02:20 AM
WERE OUR YOU GOING HERE B CAN YOU SAY

bgivens33
08-28-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by ZION1010
WERE   OUR   YOU   GOING   HERE   B    CAN   YOU   SAY

*scratches head..... :confused:

ZION1010
08-28-2003, 02:31 AM
YEA WERE OUR YOU GOING WITH EVERY THINGS GOT A POINT AND I DONT SEE A FUTURE FOR THIS ONE ITS LIKE WERE DID THIS COME FROM JUST WANT TO KNOW WERE YOUR GOING B NO HARM DONE

facelessman
08-28-2003, 04:19 AM
yeah ive seen stuff on the discovery channel that has made those connections

MrSeeker
08-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Where ya think they got that??? Hmmm... could it be that God did make us out of "clay" and sent His Son to Save us all? Nah, were just all Hell bound. Think about this for a second, what drives someone to become a Christian? I know we werent born like that,most people hear about it and then fianlly realize it is true.
If God made the world and sent His Son to save us, why dont we except it? It is history,it is what happened whether we choose to believe it or not, Most people belive Jesus was real,but what proof do we have that He was? The Bible? Well why wouldnt the whole Bible be true? Noah's ark? That really happen? many non-Christians believe it did? Why do they believe it? The Bible? Well if why would parts of the Bible be true and not other parts?
Really. And another thing if you read in the Bible about the end times,you can actually see it happening now all around us,its kinda scary ,but then its cool because we(Christians) know we are going Home soon.:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
08-28-2003, 05:37 PM
Amen to that Kevin:angel: :dancing:

ZION1010
08-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Yea Okay Got it LITERALLY thanks by The way My Eyes Hurt Got A real bad Headache So Im Of A Little Today I was up real late last night wrteing stuff is the reason i got a headache lets both pray it goes away my own tyeping gives me a headache I wonder why that is ya know get me well i guess is was just meant to be that way god bless

bgivens33
08-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by MrSeeker
<b>Where ya think they got that??? Hmmm... could it be that God did make us out of "clay" and sent His Son to Save us all? &nbsp;</b>

Most of these myths have been around MUCH MUCH longer than the bible. All I was pointing out is that all myths(greek, egyptian, chinese, native american) have certain underlying themes. Most of those themes are found in Christianity. Most of those myths have been around MUCH longer than Christianity. That's all I was pointing out.

bgivens33
08-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ZION1010
&nbsp;thanks &nbsp; by &nbsp; The &nbsp; way &nbsp; My &nbsp; Eyes &nbsp; Hurt &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

Now you know how we feel ;)

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by bgivens33
Now you know how we feel ;)

You seem like a very wise and knowledgible person:angel: Are you taking a religion class or have you in the past:P

bgivens33
08-29-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
You seem like a very wise and knowledgible person:angel: &nbsp;Are you taking a religion class or have you in the past:P

18 years in the church, a few religion classes and read alot.... I wouldn't claim to be knowledgible, I just try to always learn something from somebody and always try to stay humble. Once you shrug aside someone's opinion and not try to understand where they are coming from, you cheat yourself from reaching a greater level of wisdom.

MrSeeker
08-29-2003, 01:20 AM
Ok gotcha,well im just saying.

ZION1010
08-29-2003, 02:08 AM
Most of these myths have been around MUCH MUCH longer than the bible. &nbsp;All I was pointing out is that all myths(greek, egyptian, chinese, native american) have certain underlying themes. &nbsp;Most of those themes are found in Christianity. &nbsp;Most of those myths have been around MUCH longer than Christianity. &nbsp;That's all I was pointing out. Okay B Let Me Let Yours eyes Hurt somemore And Point This Out These Myths And gods Belives Were Here before Christiatins And >>>>>>>but know this My God still Created It All Before Adam And Eve They Were All Hear Know This The god Of Abrahame The god Of Moses The God of All The Great Prophets>>>>>>>>>>IS TIME HE WAS THE GREAT IAM BEFORE THERE WAS TIME MY GOD IS GOD

ZION1010
08-29-2003, 02:11 AM
my god does any one agruee with me if so STAND UP INN SHOT JESUS IS KING AND KING AND LORD OF LORDS

ZION1010
08-29-2003, 02:12 AM
my god does any one ag. with me if so STAND UP INN SHOT JESUS IS KING AND KING AND LORD OF LORDS

MrSeeker
08-29-2003, 02:22 AM
Zion1010
Im sorry,but when you say somthing like that,I just start laughing really hard,because it comes out of nowhere.

ZION1010
08-29-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by MrSeeker
Zion1010
Im sorry,but when you say somthing like that,I just start laughing really hard,because it comes out of nowhere. Yea thats Me there Mrseeker Im Full Of Suprises but there all good god bless ya

Torn Signs
08-29-2003, 11:54 AM
I agree w/ ya and all Zion and Mr. Seeker.

ZION1010
08-29-2003, 11:59 AM
That Good Thing my brother

JulieCitySlicker
08-29-2003, 01:37 PM
18 years in the church, a few religion classes and read alot.... I wouldn't claim to be knowledgible, I just try to always learn something from somebody and always try to stay humble. &nbsp;Once you shrug aside someone's opinion and not try to understand where they are coming from, you cheat yourself from reaching a greater level of wisdom.

That is a very good point;) I don't ignore the opinions of others because I know we all think differently on different topics but I do know that I shrug it off sometimes:embarass: Something I need to work on I guess:angel: I hope that I havn't offended you in anyway here:(

MrSeeker
08-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Yup,its all good ; )

ZION1010
08-29-2003, 05:28 PM
This Puts In Mind Of Someone saying You Can Get to Much Of A Good A Thing Thats True ...........But Jesus Is The only Good Thing you Cant Get A Enough Of............