Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Post-concert behavior [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Post-concert behavior

souldancer
11-04-2002, 02:58 AM
OK...I accept that I am nuts and nearly obsessed with Creed. But, there have to be other Creed fans that, after watching a concert -are Creed-ified and start taking on gestures/movements of the band. Strutting like Scott with my chin and head thrusting forward and bobbing; gritting my teeth while strumming an imaginary guitar; closing my eyes and whispering 'beautiful' to an audience of my cat. Besides these performance moves, I start hearing Creed lyrics everywhere...coming out of the mouths of grocery store clerks, 3rd grade students, ministers, etc. Am I consumed? Don't take me wrong, I don't think any of this is bad - (although, it may look odd at times to others) and I am willing to facilitate a Creed support group if needed. Thank goodness I live alone, otherwise I would be hauled away.
So, how about you? I am curious about your post-Creed-Concert behavior.

TeriB19
11-04-2002, 05:56 AM
Souldancer, does your cat really sing well enough that you mouth
"Beautiful" to it? Mine just sit there and look at me like I'm crazy. They're not really big Creed fans unless Scott Stapp comes to my house and feeds them and Mark empties the litter box. Last time Flip came over with some catnip, he was pretty popular.;)

But cereally, I know exactly what you mean. I don't strut, but I do tend to play my air guitar a lot louder, I bang the drums on the song "Beautiful" much louder and bang my head even moreso after I see them.

souldancer
11-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Souldancer, does your cat really sing well enough that you mouth "Beautiful" to it? Mine just sit there and look at me like I'm crazy. &nbsp;</b> Well, she is quite old, deaf and has a little Alzheimers, but she just meows right a long with her whacky guardian and I find it just 'beautiful' - kind of our music therapy, I guess.

Dogstar
11-04-2002, 10:50 AM
LOL, you guys! My post-Creed behavior was (I've seen them just once, but you know that will change soon!) that visions/sounds of the show took up residence in my mind for the next two weeks. I would be at work, trying to come up with a clever or pithy headline for a story I was working on and my mind would drift back to the show. I had trouble concentrating for at least two weeks. No joke. But it was fun in a way. It just kept me in a really good mood.

Ruby
11-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Thank goodness my daughter is a fan and goes to the Creed shows with me because I talk on & on about every little detail from the time we get on line till the end of the show. I even start to drive her nuts. Oh I lipsynch Creed songs and do a pretty decent Scott imitation myself. At the shows during MY Sacrifice I would make fists and do what Scott does in his videos. I thought he might see me and get a laugh or maybe he would get annoyed. My daughter and I have a whole routine we do to the song at the shows. Am I really 49yrs old. I think there must be some mistake. LOL

TeriB19
11-04-2002, 09:40 PM
That's what's great about seeing Creed with friends or your kids. You can talk their ears off and they totally get it, they know exactly where you're coming from. I found it hard to obsess over the show with my husband because he likes them but isn't as obsessed as I am. And when we went with my best friend and her husband this summer, they were fighting and no one said a word the entire drive home. So that ruled out any post-concert obsessing for me. I was ready to burst!!

faceless kiwi
11-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Your on such a high after the show, that ya just wanna keep talking about it. But when i went home after the show, my family at first wanted to hear all about it, but i went on for ages, so they became rather bored.
I didnt get much sleep that night either.

hayley
11-05-2002, 01:39 AM
yeah man i can't WAIT till we go, Faceless!:P
we won't be able to SLEEP the night before, we will be totally estatic!!!!!!!:dancing:

faceless kiwi
11-05-2002, 01:45 AM
I know.
Its gonna be cool.
CREED PLEASE COME BACK TO NEW ZEALAND SOON
(yeah like they are ever gonna come in here and read that. lol)

hayley
11-05-2002, 02:01 AM
lol yeah well you know when we were talking about them not playin fm at concerts? well now they are, and we rekon that they may have come on here and had a peek....so ya never know hun!!!
CREED PLEASE COME BACK TO NEW ZEALAND REAL REAL SOON!!! PLEASE WE WILL BEG IF WE HAVE TOO! WE CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2004!! COME BAAAAAAACK!!!
btw, stappy, your'e gorgeous.
now, we just sit back and wait.:P

allison
11-05-2002, 10:52 AM
LOL I love this thread. None of you are crazy! I am the same way. I don't really find myself imitating Scott's movements but every detail of the show and of him totally dominate my mind and thoughts for a good 2 weeks afterwards. I listen to Creed even more than usual (which is already a lot) and I find myself having the urge to tell every person I see about the show even if they couldn't care less. I want to talk about it constantly. And then I come to the board because you people are the only ones that truly understand the way I am feeling.

Also, the reason I like to go to shows by myself is because I don't want any distractions at all from anyone. I want to just live the moment with my concentration 100% on Scott...uh, I mean the show.

PaulMcCoygirl
11-05-2002, 06:12 PM
Okay I have to admit that on the songs "Higher" and "Stand Here With Me" I grit my teeth and play an imaginary guitar like Mark does. Man, I would give anything to play like him!! I would give anyhting to meet him!! :tremonti:

faceless kiwi
11-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by PaulMcCoygirl
I would give anything to play like him!! I would give anyhting to meet him!! :tremonti:

Me too.
ANYTHING!

faceless kiwi
11-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
now, we just sit back and wait.:P

Creed, we're still waiting.

:dunno:

kerm3
11-05-2002, 09:52 PM
THEY ARE GREAT WE HAVE SEEN THEM FOUR TIMES THIS YEAR AND THEY ROCK!! WE AER GOING TO SEE THEM TWO MORE TIMES THIS MONTH. DOSE ANY ONE KNOW WHERE THEY WILL BE FOR NEW YEARS WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM PLAY WOULDNT YOU?

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 10:05 PM
For New Years Eve...I'm hoping and praying to God that they are home in Orlando...see, My daughter and I are going to Orlando to see Godsmack at the Hard Rock Live on New Years Eve...and wouldn't it be AMAZINGLY AWESOME if Creed did a set too...My year would be absolutely COMPLETE....My two FAVORITE BANDS, playing together to rock out the year and rock in the new year...I could die a very, very happy lady!!! :D

kerm3
11-05-2002, 10:11 PM
THAT WOULD BE VERY COOL GOOD LUCK IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
For New Years Eve...I'm hoping and praying to God that they are home in Orlando...see, My daughter and I are going to Orlando to see Godsmack at the Hard Rock Live on New Years Eve...and wouldn't it be AMAZINGLY AWESOME if Creed did a set too...My year would be absolutely COMPLETE....My two FAVORITE BANDS, playing together to rock out the year and rock in the new year...I could die a very, very happy lady!!! &nbsp;:D Even if they didn't do a set, maybe they would show up at the Hard Rock. How awesome would it be to just hang in the bar having a brew with them???

kerm3
11-05-2002, 10:37 PM
THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL MAYBE ILL BE THERE IF THEY ARE .

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Even if they didn't do a set, maybe they would show up at the Hard Rock. How awesome would it be to just hang in the bar having a brew with them???

Damn...my life's dream...Anna said I'd do more than have a Brew with Scott!! :D Does she know her Mom or what??!!

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 11:00 PM
She knows you well. Ok, worse case scenario, Creed sitting on one side of you at the bar, Godsmack sitting on the other side of you. What do you do? To whom do you pay more attention? Decisions decisions....

PaulMcCoygirl
11-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by faceless kiwi
Creed, we're still waiting.

:dunno:

..........and waiting.....you can wait with me faceless kiwi our day will come soon to meet them! I'm going to go crazy if I don't meet them soon! :nut:

PaulMcCoygirl
11-05-2002, 11:19 PM
She knows you well. Ok, worse case scenario, Creed sitting on one side of you at the bar, Godsmack sitting on the other side of you. What do you do? To whom do you pay more attention? Decisions decisions....

.....ahem......Creed.....no Mark......no Creed.......ahhhhh I don't know! :banghead: Actually knowing me I would probably go sit in Mark's lap and talk with Creed then go sit in Sully's lap for a while.....there I made my decision.;)

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 11:23 PM
You cannot have your cake and eat it to, PMG! Leave some for the rest of us!;)

PaulMcCoygirl
11-05-2002, 11:26 PM
You cannot have your cake and eat it to, PMG! Leave some for the rest of us!;)

Darn.....I guess I have to.......;) I'll let ya'll have a little piece....lol :P

TeriB19
11-05-2002, 11:27 PM
I'll take a piece of Mark, Scott or Flip, I'll take what I can get, ya know what I mean? I wouldn't kick any of the three out of bed for eating cookies and making crumbs.

PaulMcCoygirl
11-05-2002, 11:30 PM
I'll take a piece of Mark, Scott or Flip, I'll take what I can get, ya know what I mean? I wouldn't kick any of the three out of bed for eating cookies and making crumbs.

I'm with ya on that one!!;) No disagreements here!! :P

luvscott4ever
11-05-2002, 11:50 PM
well as much as I love Godsmack and have kinda gotten a crush on Sully....Scott will always be my first love...No decision to make!! :stapp: Can always get to Sully another time...Scott is my TOP PRIORITY!!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:03 AM
And that's the important thing, you have your priorities in order!

luvscott4ever
11-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Don't you know it...he's been my top priority for months now...and I've only got 3 shows left to get to him!! If I don't, I'll have to try and find him in Orlando!!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:16 AM
You are a woman with a mission.

luvscott4ever
11-06-2002, 12:25 AM
yep, and I have been for months now!! I won't be the same if after Phoenix I don't atleast get to say Hi to him!! That's all I want..well I'd LOVE more...but I'd settle for a HI!!!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:42 AM
I just want eye contact and visual confirmation that he has seen me and knows I'm alive. That's why I'm thinking of wearing my FDNY hat to Ft. Wayne. Anything to catch his attention (or any of them for that matter).

luvscott4ever
11-06-2002, 12:52 AM
Then Scott can pull you up on stage and have you sing "One" with him!! Wouldn't that be cool...just don't leave your "friends" behind!! ;)

luvscott4ever
11-06-2002, 12:54 AM
or you could try the flashing thing!!! :flasher: :lol:

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 12:54 AM
It would be the quartet or nothing. Besides, I can't sing by myself, you guys will have to help me along. I know the words, but I think in front of 10,000 I may get a little stagefright. I'll be Cindy Brady, still as a statue when the red light from the tv camera comes on.

luvscott4ever
11-06-2002, 01:00 AM
hahahahaha...I remember that one, I've probably seen it a hundred times....I'd be like Marsha and say: "Come on Teri...One, its' One...you know this"!!! Why is she just staring???

souldancer
11-06-2002, 01:08 AM
<i> * * Teri became hypnotized as Scott leaned over the rail, staring direct into her eyes - singing :stapp: "Welcome to this place, I'll show you everything, With arms wide open," she tried to sing along, but her lower jaw just dropped in star-struck awe :wow:</i>

Dogstar
11-06-2002, 04:47 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Okay, if I start drooling like I've had a lobotomy, someone please wipe my mouth and smack me back into reality!! That would probably be my luck if Scott ever DID look into my eyes. I need help to prevent my looking like a complete idiot! :wub: :nutty: :nut:

luvscott4ever
11-06-2002, 11:00 PM
We'll have you back!! But you'd have to try and catch me!! I swear I'll faint if I ever get eye contact from that man!! :cool:

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Ok, if you faint and you fall in my direction, my lobotomized body will be there to break your fall and we'll both be snapped back into reality. Thus causing such a scene that security would come to make sure we're ok, the guys would see that we were experiencing difficulties and they'd invite us backstage to make sure we were really alright. (I will get off the crackpipe now)

souldancer
11-07-2002, 04:11 AM
LOL!! hEY, whatever it takes, as long as you use a fictious name (for your children's sake) and dont hurt any living thing, it would be worth it!!! Darn, I just realized my headache is from doing the Scotty chin thrusts/head bobs all week!!!

JenRN
11-07-2002, 10:40 AM
Teri.... Are you going in the pit??? If so get on the end of the catwalk, or in front of Mark. That seems to be Scott's favorite places!! And let me just say when I was in the pit 2 times in 1 week, I did have eye contact with him both times, once even a smile and shake of his head. Let me just say I got a feeling over my body like an electric current!!!!! He probably thought, did I not just see her last week? he he.... Don't do the flahing thing, I heard in an interview he thinks it is tacky!!! Some girl threw her bra on stage when i was in the pit and he TOTALLY IGNORED IT AND HER!!!!!!!

allison
11-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Some girl did? Oh, that is so tacky.

Rail in front of Mark gets my vote for the single best place to be!

JenRN
11-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Allison... It was actually at the Richmond show it happened, on the cat walk. Yeah I think it was tacky too, it was some trashy frosted hair looser!! Looked like she stepped out of a Poison video! Sorry I guess I should not be so judgemental but she was acting like an idiot! Hey he smiled at me and I was not dressed like some slut!:D

kerm3
11-07-2002, 03:34 PM
HE'S NOT MARRIED ANY MORE SO MAYBE HE HAS CHANGED HIS MIND ABOUT SEEING SOME SKIN.

TeriB19
11-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Teri.... Are you going in the pit??? If so get on the end of the catwalk, or in front of Mark. That seems to be Scott's favorite places!! And let me just say when I was in the pit 2 times in 1 week, I did have eye contact with him both times, once even a smile and shake of his head. Let me just say I got a feeling over my body like an electric current!!!!! He probably thought, did I not just see her last week? he he.... Don't do the flahing thing, I heard in an interview he thinks it is tacky!!! Some girl threw her bra on stage when i was in the pit and he TOTALLY IGNORED IT AND HER!!!!!!! That's my plan Jen, Mark's side on the rail no matter who I have to run over to get there. As far as flashing is concerned, Scott and the boys would need a magnifying glass to actually see WHAT I was flashing. Someone asked me if I was the type to wear a wonderbra. I told them that the bra would probably laugh at me and wonder what I had to put into it.

Dogstar
11-07-2002, 07:48 PM
LMFAO, Teri!

PaulMcCoygirl
11-07-2002, 08:06 PM
That's my plan Jen, Mark's side on the rail no matter who I have to run over to get there. As far as flashing is concerned, Scott and the boys would need a magnifying glass to actually see WHAT I was flashing. Someone asked me if I was the type to wear a wonderbra. I told them that the bra would probably laugh at me and wonder what I had to put into it.

:roll:

JenRN
11-07-2002, 10:04 PM
HeHeHe... Teri you crack me up !!!! You knoew what they say "more than a handful is a waste!!!":roll: :lol:

TeriB19
11-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Yes I have heard that one and I'm happy to say, I am a living tribute to that statement. A handful (or in Scott's case a mouthful) would be all that I could provide. Sorry guys, this thread is taking a very naughty turn!;)

JenRN
11-07-2002, 10:16 PM
LOL Teri you are too much!!! I will gladly share some with you! I am a little busty, hey maybe that is why he looked at me and smiled?:rolleyes: I guess he had a good view being above me and all! I hope it was my gleeming smile that got him, I swear my face was about to break I was sooooo happy having him so close!

shane
11-08-2002, 07:31 PM
HAS ANYONE BEEN TO A MEET AND GREET WITH CREED? HOW DO YOU GET SUCH GREAT TICKETS WITHOUT SPENDING 5000.00 AND BELIVE ME IF I COULD COME UP WITH 5000.00 I WOULD DEFINTLY SEND IT TO THE WAMO FOUNDATION FOR A GOOD CAUSE ALONG WITH SEEING CREED. BUT RIGHT NOW I DONT HAVE 5000.00 ANY SUGGESTIONS???

shane
11-08-2002, 07:33 PM
WERE IS THE CATWALK?????:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TeriB19
11-08-2002, 07:51 PM
The catwalk is the runway that comes out from the stage. Scott comes out on the catwalk/runway a lot in concert. Basically it's what separates the crowd from Brett's side and Mark's side of the pit.

souldancer
11-09-2002, 02:18 AM
Sorry guys, this thread is taking a very naughty turn!;) LOL! I guess that is part of the post-concert behavior. :)

luvscott4ever
11-09-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
LOL! I guess that is part of the post-concert behavior. :)

Well Souldancer...Not just post-concert behavior, but for me, everyday behavior whenever I think of the worlds most sexiest man....Mr. Scott Stapp!!...As I'm sure you know...It just can't be helped whenever thoughts of Scott dance thru our heads!!! :dancing:

Wylde-Tremonti
11-09-2002, 02:30 PM
i dont have a "post-concert" behavior.....the concert keeps goin on and on and on and on in my head....IT NEVER STOPS!!!!!!!!!!i guess thats it...

PaulMcCoygirl
11-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
<b>i dont have a "post-concert" behavior.....the concert keeps goin on and on and on and on in my head....IT NEVER STOPS!!!!!!!!!!i guess thats it... </b>

Yeah same here! I just imagine myself at the concert and meeting CREED!!! :)

allison
11-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Allison... It was actually at the Richmond show it happened, on the cat walk. Yeah I think it was tacky too, it was some trashy frosted hair looser!! Looked like she stepped out of a Poison video! Sorry I guess I should not be so judgemental but she was acting like an idiot! Hey he smiled at me and I was not dressed like some slut!:D