Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
How does one get saved? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : How does one get saved?

bgivens33
08-20-2003, 02:34 AM
Please be specific and back your answer up with scripture.

-B

ZION1010
08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Belive In The Lord Your God With All Your Heart Soul And Mind Put Him First Before Anything Because He First Loved Us Do Un To Others As You Would Have Theme Do Unto You Love Your Enmies And Thouse Which Hate you If you Can Only Love Thouse Which Love You What reward Have Ye>>Matt ch5>43>48

bgivens33
08-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Ok.... but where in that verse does it say anything about getting saved or going to heaven?

whocares
08-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Why do you feel the need to be "saved"...You need to be at peace within yourself first and foremost.. No one can make you happy and feel as one, but yourself...you dont need someone to jam scriptures down your throat to find happiness in your life..I dont believe in using religion as a crutch for fullfillment and happiness. Although I do believe in god, I believe in finding your own human spirit. Oh what do I know, Im still searching for it too...Just my opinion though..

Julbright
08-20-2003, 03:26 PM
THAT IF YOU CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH "JESUS IS LORD" AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, YOU WILL BE SAVED..... EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED

ROMANS 10:9, 13

bgivens33
08-20-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by whocares
<b>Why do you feel the need to be "saved"...You need to be at peace within yourself first and foremost.. No one can make you happy and feel as one, but yourself...you dont need someone to jam scriptures down your throat to find happiness in your life..I dont believe in using religion as a crutch for fullfillment and happiness. Although I do believe in god, I believe in finding your own human spirit. Oh what do I know, Im still searching for it too...Just my opinion though.. </b>

I never said anything about me needing to be saved ;)

JulieCitySlicker
08-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Julbright
<b>THAT IF YOU CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH "JESUS IS LORD" AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, YOU WILL BE SAVED..... EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED

ROMANS 10:9, 13 </b>

That right there says it all Julbright;) I couldn't agree more:angel:

Julbright
08-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Jesus Answered, " I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:6

bgivens33
08-20-2003, 04:00 PM
So I've also heard it's through God's Grace and his grace alone that we are saved. Do our actions really have anything to do with it?

JulieCitySlicker
08-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Our actions have everything to do with it:angel: I can't think of the scripture from the top of my head but it says something to the extent that we are to live in the world vut not of the world:) That meaning we are to go with our lives but not love the things of the world cuz its all gonna pass away someday. To be a christian we are to live our lives in Christs footsteps and be a light to those who don't know him:angel:

MrSeeker
08-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Like i said before,you cant save yourself no matter how hard you try.

Dogstar
08-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by whocares
<b>Why do you feel the need to be "saved"...You need to be at peace within yourself first and foremost.. No one can make you happy and feel as one, but yourself...you dont need someone to jam scriptures down your throat to find happiness in your life..I dont believe in using religion as a crutch for fullfillment and happiness. Although I do believe in god, I believe in finding your own human spirit. Oh what do I know, Im still searching for it too...Just my opinion though.. </b>

AMEN!

ZION1010
08-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bgivens33
So I've also heard it's through God's Grace and his grace alone that we are saved. &nbsp;Do our actions really have anything to do with it? Yes It Does But Not As much As You Were To Think The Lord Your God Judges Us From The Inside And By Our Works Behold I Come Quickley And My Reward Is With Me To Give Every Man Acording as His Work Shall Be The Lord Is Our Judge Any One who Calls Upon His Name shall Be Saved We Come To Him With Dirty Hands And He Whashes Theme Clean A Little Bit At A Time And More time Theme Once Their spotted Again But That Date Was Paid A Righteous Man May Fall But He Is Held By The Hand Of God Pslams If Ye Walk inn Faith And Still Sin If youre Heart Is Pure Ye Will Always Be Foregived I Could Go On and on and On again But For now Ill Shut Up Jesus is lord and loves us All God Bless You bgivens

bgivens33
08-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by MrSeeker
Like i said before,you cant save yourself no matter how hard you try.

I really agree with this answer. The bible can say whatever it wants but when it all boils down, you can't do anything to get saved. It's all up to God.

Julbright
08-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, then we are all saved. God chose all of us. We have the free will to accept it or reject it. So in that way I think we do have some choices to make that will determine our salvation!

bgivens33
08-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Well, then we are all saved. &nbsp;God chose all of us. &nbsp;We have the free will to accept it or reject it. &nbsp;So in that way I think we do have some choices to make that will determine our salvation!

Where is the scripture on that?

Julbright
08-21-2003, 03:58 PM
<b>THAT IF YOU CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH "JESUS IS LORD" AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, YOU WILL BE SAVED..... EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED

ROMANS 10:9, 13 </b>

Well, this verse doesn't say there is anyone who can't do it ! I will look up something later to back me up but basically God could've made us robots who were forced to believe but He didn't he gave us the free will to choose - that is why it is called Faith

ZION1010
08-21-2003, 07:02 PM
This Could Be The Never Ending Thread Because Everybodys Opinon Is Diffrent The Lord Call Us On Diffrent Paths And Roads But I Can Say This I Know Were My Home Is And To Be Honset With You Cant Wait To Get There Were I Know My Master Will Greet Me With Arms Wide Open JESUS IS LORD AND LOVES US ALL

ZION1010
08-21-2003, 07:02 PM
This Could Be The Never Ending Thread Because Everybodys Opinon Is Diffrent The Lord Call Us On Diffrent Paths And Roads But I Can Say This I Know Were My Home Is And To Be Honset With You Cant Wait To Get There Were I Know My Master Will Greet Me With Arms Wide Open JESUS IS LORD AND LOVES US ALL

MrSeeker
08-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Thats what i think when i hear the song "Arms Wide Open".

ZION1010
08-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Me To Mrseeker Wecome To This Place Ill Show Everything Jesus Is Lord And Loves Us All Peace

facelessman
08-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:3

facelessman
08-26-2003, 01:11 AM
Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness. Alma 7:14 (Book of Mormon)