Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
How was the Earth made? God or Gravity? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : How was the Earth made? God or Gravity?

Xterminator27
08-19-2003, 12:02 AM
which do you belive happed in the creation of the earth?

God

or

Gravity

Me id say GRAVITY because it happens all teh time and thats how planets are made.
what are your thoughts?

ZION1010
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
God Is our Creator of Everything Even gravity My Friend Jesus is Lord and Loves Us All

JulieCitySlicker
08-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Now that was a no brainer:rolleyes: God made everything:angel:

Torn Signs
08-19-2003, 06:37 PM
W/o causing argument, God.

ZION1010
08-19-2003, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Now that was a no brainer:rolleyes: God made everything:angel: [/QUOTE Yea It pretty Much Is a no Brainer I Think god that You do belive But to EXTermanter27 It Was Not A No Brainer To Him God Bless You

JulieCitySlicker
08-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Didn't mean nuffin by the rolleyes:angel: Just felt like being a smart alec:D

SCOTTSMYMAN
08-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Have to agree wIth you Julie. No brainer, it was God!

bgivens33
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Well... if that's a no brainer, then how about this one.... Did God create the earth using gravity, or did he just create it? (i.e. theist evolution or YE Creation)

JulieCitySlicker
08-21-2003, 03:06 PM
I believe He just created it:angel: I also think evolution is horse crap;) We were made in Gods immage not some stupid monkey:bounce:

bgivens33
08-22-2003, 01:10 AM
You believe that he created the earth in 6, 24 hour, days?

MrSeeker
08-22-2003, 01:51 AM
This stupid,we all know God created the world in 7 days,dont we?

mel!ssa
08-22-2003, 02:23 AM
No, we don't 'know'. How could we possibly know for sure unless God said in his word 'I created the earth in six blocks of twenty-four hours (hours consisting of 60 seconds each etc)..." God invented time, humans invented a way to keep track (which changed a few times). "One day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day" 2 Peter 3:8. God doesn't run on our time.

MrSeeker
08-22-2003, 02:30 AM
The Bible does say it took 7 days though.

mel!ssa
08-22-2003, 02:52 AM
7 of God's days. No-one knows how much that really is. Could be thousands of years for all we know, and there's no reason why it couldn't be.

Lechium
08-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Molten rock.
Actually it was a gas clout that had cooled down solidified.
Now maybe god did creat the that cloud, dunno and dont care, butit was never like "boom here's a planet for ya".

myownprison382
08-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I believe He just created it:angel:  I also think evolution is horse crap;) We were made in Gods immage not some stupid monkey:bounce:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html (I included this one because you seemed to be saying you believed YE creationism)

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-intro-...to-biology.html (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-intro-to-biology.html)

I don't understand why belief in God precludes a belief in scientific rigor.

But anyway, I was always taught that God values humility. What's more humbling than knowing that your planet wasn't created specially for you, that it's one of many, that God just happened to let you be formed that way, and besides that you have "stupid monkey[s]" and whatever else as (extremely distant) relatives?

JulieCitySlicker
08-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by myownprison382
<b>http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html (I included this one because you seemed to be saying you believed YE creationism)

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-intro-...to-biology.html (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-intro-to-biology.html)

I don't understand why belief in God precludes a belief in scientific rigor.

But anyway, I was always taught that God values humility. &nbsp;What's more humbling than knowing that your planet wasn't created specially for you, that it's one of many, that God just happened to let you be formed that way, and besides that you have "stupid monkey[s]" and whatever else as (extremely distant) relatives? </b> :rolleyes: Ya...whatever

Xterminator27
08-27-2003, 12:09 PM
anywhoowy i wuz gona say this in my other thread, but it mysteriously dissapeared so im gona say it here

MY THOUGHTS ON CHRISTIANITY (why am i sayin them CUZ I FEEL LIEK IT)
Cristianity is i have no idea. Its unorganized, and one side of them says this is rightand balab lab
bla, and the otehr side says that is wright, bla blsbla. The school and the church are both cristian
but say different stuff, all christans have different belives. FOR EXAMPLE/

As sson as i get in high scool everyones opionion changes!
BEfore it was, Jesus walked teh earth, the planet was made for people, we are in gods form. God
made us. And i belived that cuz its what i was told.
THEN i hit highschool and science class is proving all tehse wronmg, and my religion teachers are
like.
Humans evolved from microsopic maggots, God creatwed the universe but in itself the universe
created us. ABl bLAB LA BLA
And so there both fucking up my mind.

Even half of them dont even belive in God and have otehr ideas of the religion stuff.

THEY ALL SAY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Wtf IS catholisim??

the truth is (that i see), ITS WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE.
If you want it to be God created man s here jesus was sent down by him, he made humans in hsi
own image, than its that.

If its, humans eveolved from termites, the aliens are gna kill us all, we are made out of 23
elements and you can artifically make humans bla bla bla. Then its THAT

If its, God dosent exist, that science stuff is wrong, were ust here for no reason there is no
explinaion THAN ITS THAT.

It is the belife of whatever you want to belive, as long as it makes you happier and helps you in
times where you need the help, and if it makes you a better person Then How could any of the
choices be wrong?

REMEBER KIDS THIS IS MY THOUGHTS AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BELIVE THEM OR WHATNOT

Thats the thing, the mai nword is BELIVE, what YOU belive what HE belives what THEY belive, None wrong, it all depends on whos opinion your looking at, and what so or so has been tought or raised or firgured to his own general ideas.

So when someone says, GOD never existsed bla bla bla, you shouldnt say "yha whatever"
Cuz when you think God made the earth for humans bla bla bla, other may think differently (not saying that i do)

The REAL answer is, WHat IS God? Is he a big guy in teh clouds. Is the the prinible and rules for all nature and science? If you take the last idea, then yes techincally he DID created man and he DID make the earth. Is he a medaphore for wright or wrong and the basic rules we have on punishment and guilt? He can be all of these and none. ALso mayby God IS ourselves, and how we correspond with each otehr and act and such, mayby thats is why they say he was made in our image.

TEH EDN
THIS = MY THOUGHTS AND OPINOIONS U DONT HAEV TO AGERR ER DISA GREE ON EM CUZ IEH SAYXZ SAO JGH@ &*E@F *^)F@) C^F*_C!^E

The Lithium
08-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Haha, what a question. Well, of course "the space" made it! God is just drivel!

The Lithium
08-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Shit, I don't believe it...What makes you guys think that God made it? Don't get mad on me it's just a question.

I think that the Buddism is pretty intresting...That's the colosest thing to me.
I've readed the bible and I've readed very much about region.

But I like Budda most. Almost every war is about region. To destroy the other religon. But Budda is like every religon has a right to say what it's about, 'cause you learn from eatch other.

mel!ssa
08-28-2003, 02:01 AM
That's nice. Ever looked into the religions that absolutely never ever fight in wars?

bgivens33
08-28-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Almost every war is about region. &nbsp;

Hmmmm......

Let's just look at American history.

Revolutionary War - One could make the argument that it's about religion, but I don't think that was the main reason

War of 1812 - No

Civil War - No

World War I - No

World War II - You could make the argument that it was about religion but it's really wasn't. It was more about power and greed.

Korean War - No

Vietnam - Most definately Not

Gulf War I - that's a bit iffy, I still believe the war would have happened if you threw religion out the window.

Gulf War II - Yes.

mel!ssa
08-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Iraq war? :dunno: i'm assuming no....

but many wars are about religion, not most, but an awful lot considering these people say murder is wrong... :rolleyes:

creedfan47a
09-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by mel!ssa
<b>... six blocks of twenty-four hours (hours consisting of 60 seconds each etc)..." &nbsp;</b>

I think you mean MINUTES darling. :D

MrSeeker
09-13-2003, 01:36 AM
You guys are sooo blind,hahaha,it cracks me up.
Christianity is the hardest to follow and most people cant do it, because its all about letting go of your pride and giving up yourself,which most of you are too much of wussys to do it. Face it,you all want the easy way out. You think you can just go with the religion that you like,it doesnt work like that and it never will.
No God,No peace; Us humans are so freaking blind and stupid,hahaha. "I dont want to believe in a god because then...then i couldnt do what i want and i would have to follow and obey God" well,boo hoo for you,you bunch of wussy's,
just trying to get by,so sad. When will we learn....

mel!ssa
09-13-2003, 08:27 AM
Well, that was unnecessary.

Just who exactly are you talking to Seeker? Did you have a bad day or something?

ZION1010
09-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by MrSeeker
<b>You guys are sooo blind,hahaha,it cracks me up. &nbsp;
Christianity is the hardest to follow and most people cant do it, because its all about letting go of your pride and giving up yourself,which most of you are too much of wussys to do it. Face it,you all want the easy way out. You think you can just go with the religion that you like,it doesnt work like that and it never will.
No God,No peace; Us humans are so freaking blind and stupid,hahaha. "I dont want to believe in a god because then...then i couldnt do what i want and i would have to follow and obey God" well,boo hoo for you,you bunch of wussy's,
just trying to get by,so sad. When will we learn.... </b> CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP YOU GO BOY......god bless Ya....

MrSeeker
09-14-2003, 02:53 AM
Thanks Zion!!! : )
I was talking to everybody that thinks they can just find a reilgion and go with it,just because its the easy way out. I wasnt having a bad day,i was just saying like it is. Like it or not.
"Unlike the folks who hide the truth,I tell it like it is!!!"

ZION1010
09-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Thats Right mrseeker Sometimes the truth Does Hurt.... I Know You Were Not Having A Bad Day.....that was a good little song by the way....May Gods Peace Bring you Stregnth....My brother...t.c.o.y. now

MrSeeker
09-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Thats from "Freedom Fighter".
God bless ya

ZION1010
09-14-2003, 06:55 PM
<b>Thats from "Freedom Fighter".
God bless ya </b> I Know...

bgivens33
09-15-2003, 03:09 PM
<b>You guys are sooo blind,hahaha,it cracks me up. &nbsp;
just trying to get by,so sad. When will we learn.... </b>

Oh my! You have convinced me!! You've got all the answers it seems. Most people try to "save" me through talking with me and love, but you finally found the right way to do it... by using insults. Let go of my pride?? You just called me a wussy and you think I'm full of pride? People like you are the reason I don't believe in Christianity. Bravo!!

ZION1010
09-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Nobodys Got All The Anwsers....And B...You Have Been Talked TO Through Love...And When But Ive Seen Your Posts Since Ive Been Around You Seek Mans Wisdome...And Knowlege...You....My Lord Said Iam The Truth the Way In The Light...No Man Can Reach The Father Except Through Me....You Also Debate Alot...To Find Out Who Knows More About What.....So If Choose To Read Many Books And Debate With The Bible So Be It....But Dont Go Blameing Strifeing Child Of God For Your Own Short ....Comings...And For Some One That Dose Not Belive In christiantiy...Your Always Debating Here Arent Ya........My Prayers Our With You,,,,Know God know Life .......

MrSeeker
09-15-2003, 09:26 PM
No,its not people like me, its you,you cant blame the reason you believe or dont believe somthing on other people,its all you. Like i said, you cant give it all away and thats your fault,not mine. so stop blaming me for your blindness.
God bless you

MrSeeker
09-15-2003, 09:29 PM
I understand how you feel,but you cant be looking at people for what you believe,people are full of flaws, no one has the all the answers,if we did,we wouldnt need God.

ZION1010
09-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Man Will Always Judge Your Every Move A wating Like Prey....To Rob kill And Destroy...But Know This If The Lord Thy God Is For You...Let no...Man Be ....Against You...the Lord Thy God has Set The godly Aside For Himself,,,He Hides And Protects Theme...And Will Not Let Theme Be Harmed By The Darkend Eye Of The World.......Peace Be With You My Brother..........

bgivens33
09-16-2003, 01:38 AM
No,its not people like me, its you,you cant blame the reason you believe or dont believe somthing on other people,its all you. Like i said, you cant give it all away and thats your fault,not mine. so stop blaming me for your blindness. &nbsp;
God bless you

I feel like I'm talking to a younger version of myself. When I was about 17, I felt the same way. I was enlightened to the truth. I had all the answers... and I felt confident calling people blind. You will change, you will put your pride aside and learn the real truth. You might find the truth to be Christianity is the right way and that's great. Go for it. But you WILL realize that you are full of pride and you will be humbled. Calling people blind does not help your cause. You put yourself on a pedestal only to be taken down. You are just as blind. You feel so confident that you are right... confident enough to belittle other people by calling them names. You will be humbled by maturity. I hope it will be easier on you than it was on me. I was once like you. You will change.

MrSeeker
09-16-2003, 02:00 AM
No,i wont. I am not on any pedestal. I can see you are searching for somthing to believe in,please dont reject somthing because of me or any other human,i am just that,a human,i am helpless and hopeless without God. I have realized that, I dont know all the answers,i wish i did,i wish i knew why there is pain and suffering going on in the world,but i dont and i cant change that. I just have faith that God will take care of all that...

MrSeeker
09-16-2003, 02:01 AM
I will be praying for you in whatever you are searching for,
God bless

bgivens33
09-16-2003, 02:25 AM
Calling people blind and wussy's is putting yourself higher than them. "You are blind and I am not". That is a derogatory statement. You are making yourself superior to them. I'm not looking for an apology so please don't give one. Just please realize the next 5 years of your life are going to be the most emotionally challenging you've ever experienced. You will NOT come out the same person. You might have the same beliefs, but you won't be the same person. To think other wise is foolish. Do you not think God wants you to grow? You are 17 years old(I'm not all to much older). This is the pride I'm talking about... these are two things you have said.

"we(Christians) know we are going Home soon."

"receive him and if you dont,well then Hell is waiting for ya."

You don't know anything. You don't know where you are going after you die and you don't know where I'm going after I die. The only way to get into heaven according to Christianity is through God's grace. You aren't guranteed anything. You can say a little prayer and prayer everyday and lead a good life but that doesn't mean anything. For someone who claims to not have any answers, you certainly do have some strong opinions on things.

If I could just ask one thing of you, keep an open mind. Learn as much about Christianity and other religions as possible. I'm going to guess the reason you became a Christian is because of your parents or some other type of close person in your life. That's how the majority of people choose their religion initially. If by some other way, than great. Don't ever close your mind off to other possibilities, you will cheat yourself out of learning. You will always grow more out of adversity than out of peaceful times. Take care...
-B

ZION1010
09-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Dear Bgivens I Will Pray For you because I Feel Im Lead To....Your Heart In its Own way is crying out for the christ but it looks to ways of the world to find...that peace that strong will...that serentiy...other books religions...man...will not help you...i see this out of love of your soul..by the one who died for us all...And As Far Open Mind...Yes I Have One But Its Open To Christ Not The World He Already...knows my Freind...What man kind desires to know...I do Hope You Understand....I Would Not Have You Think...I Have Made Myself A God Over You..I live By He Thats Inn Me.....Read....Peter..ch..1..v..3>6 the Growth Of True Knowlege....Zion...Feel Free To Pm...I would never push A child A god Aside....

MrSeeker
09-16-2003, 08:55 PM
You seem to be very wise. Can I ask what you do believe?
You seem to know much about Christainity,but yet at the same time seem to reject it. Also I dont know what times are ahead of me,i just know God will take care of me,no matter what happends.If i knew what is gonna happen,i wouldnt want to live.
So yea. Take care...

ZION1010
09-16-2003, 09:10 PM
You seem to know much about Christainity,but yet at the same time seem to reject it. Also I dont know what times are ahead of me,i just know God will take care of me,no matter what happends.If i knew what is gonna happen,i wouldnt want to live.
So yea. Take care... Mrseeker....how ya doing...For Those Of Us Who Belive In Christ And Strife With All Our Hearts Our Future Lyes With Him...Many Men Can Confuse The Hearts And Minds Of Us True Belivers When We Our Weak They Target....Get me.......The lord your god will take care of you........God bless....Liked The knife it was killer....Zion

MrSeeker
09-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Im doing good,thanks for asking. How are you?
Yea, i know how it is...

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Hay...I know..im straight up..which means im ok..how could i hear this song shotgun wedding.....agony scene...peace my brother

bgivens33
09-17-2003, 02:36 PM
So yea. Take care...

I spent 18 years in church. The later half of my senior year in high school I participated in a small group of my peers. That group helped me out in many ways, although, none of which was the purpose it set out to do. I then started reading lots of books. I started to realize that Christianity didn't add up to me. I swore I would never become one of those "retired" christians that I would run into on message boards and in school, but, here I am. I guess now I would consider myself a theistic agnostic, or a modern deist. I believe there is a god, but beyond that, I don't know. I figure as long as I keep searching, I won't find the truth, but it will find me.

If you are ever bored, "A history of Christian Thought" by Paul Tillich is an incredible book. Tillich is considered on of the most prominent Christian philosophers of this century.... or, last century. Take care.

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Dear b...i do hope you indeed find the truth...that you seek...but what is it that you seek? theres only one truth one way once you have found it you will search no more...EVERY KNEE SHALL BAL EVERY TOUNGE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS KING OF KINGS And Lord Of Lords....he is the way truth and the light...see before you i have place a door knock and it shall be open....

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I REST MY CASE AND MY PEARLS.....peace

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I REST MY CASE AND MY PEARLS.....peace jesus is lord and loves us all

MrSeeker
09-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Wow! So Christianity just doesnt add up to you? I dont think it really adds up to anybody,but thats what faith is for.

ZION1010
09-17-2003, 08:43 PM
The Truth before jesus christ hath been evidentley set fourth and crucified amoung you this only would i learn of you recived ye the spirt by the works of law or by the hearing the faith are ye so foolish having begun in the spirt are ye now made perfect by the flesh have ye sufferd so many things in vain if it be in vain he therfore that minsterth to you the spirt and worketh miracles amoung you doeth he by the works of mans logic or by the hearing of faith......Gal..ch.1>2

JulieCitySlicker
09-26-2003, 05:33 PM
I heard from my pastor at church that Darwin, Who you know came up with the theory of evolution, became a christian before he died and admitted that the world was created by God:angel: That has to tell ya something about scientific theories;)