Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Springsteen show! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Springsteen show!

Dogstar
08-12-2003, 02:45 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!! I finally got to see Bruce after all these years (with njcreedite!!!) and boy, could the younger guns take a page out of his book. That man is 53 and he frigging ROCKED THE HOUSE at the beautiful new Lincoln Financial Field (awesome new stadium). He has boundless energy and his voice was friggin RIGHT ON, even at the end of a 3-hour plus show! WITH NO BREAKS! Everybody looked as if they were having so much fun jamming up there. Max Weinberg was awesome as was Clarence! He has to be the coolest dude. I just love him. Linda and I had a GREAT TIME!

They played a good mix of old and new including Philadelphia!!! which was quite a treat. That song makes me cry, it's really beautiful. Some of the classics: Thunder Road, Badlands, ROSALITA (in my top three all-time fave Bruce songs), Dancin' in the Dark, Darlington County(!) Born to Run...you name it. There was a full moon and he had everybody in the crowd howling like wolves. The only real break in the music came when he did this funky introduction of the band, with alliterative superlatives that had everybody rolling. He slid on his legs across the stage several times and even did his own version of rolling around on his back (it worked ;)). He also at one point was straddling a mic stand upside friggin' down. UNREAL!

His massage therapist must be worth a mint, LOL....Anyway, the band was tight and everybody played great. Patty Scialfa did a lot of pretty harmony and some cool intros to some of the songs.

If you haven't seen Bruce and you like even a few songs, GO SEE HIM!!!! Well worth the price of admission.

hotforscott
08-12-2003, 03:17 AM
Whooo hooo. Sounds like you had a blast, Dogstar. I wish I could have been there. It would have been fun to go to a Springsteen show. Great review, too. I suck at reviews.

Dogstar
08-12-2003, 03:51 AM
LOL, Carrie, I'm sure you would be just fine at reviews! I'm still so pumped. I need to go to bed, but I'm still wired from the show. It really was a most excellent time.

hotforscott
08-12-2003, 03:54 AM
It sounded like it was a blast. I am wanting to go to the Socialburn concert on Saturday, but I also want to see Freddy vs. Jason on Friday night. I won't be able to get a sitter for both nights so I am debating on which one to go to. I will probably go the concert considering the movie will be on a while, but it would still be cool to go on the opening night.

Dogstar
08-12-2003, 03:57 AM
Oh, I would pick the concert in a heartbeat, LOL...but that's just me. You're right, the movie will be around for a while. The only opening night I went to, which really was the day, was for the rerelease of the original Star Wars movies. That was fun. The place was packed. I'm not making this any easier for you, am I :D?

hotforscott
08-12-2003, 07:17 AM
LOL, I will probably do the concert. I am still searching for a sitter for both nights, LOL. I may see if they can spend the night with Daniel's Mom for the weekend (She lives an hour away) and kill 2 birds with one stone. LOL.

JenRN
08-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Man Springsteen you LUCKY DOG!!!!!! I have always wanted to see him live, he is soooo cool!:cool: He was born on the EXACT same day as my dad, my dad loves that fact! He always says "Am I as cool as him?":P

Sheila63
08-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Wow, Dogstar!!! The concert sounds like it was AWESOME!!!! I've never seen him live but would love to sometime. I've heard he puts on a phenomenal show. Happy to hear you and Linda had such a fantastic time. I love that "high" after a concert!!!:dancing:

Dogstar
08-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Thanks, guys...Yes, I LOVE that high as well, and I'm still on it, replaying the songs and sights!

Jen, that's so cool about your dad!!!!