Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I Am So Pround Of One Son And Somewhat Concerned For My Other Son [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Pround Of One Son And Somewhat Concerned For My Other Son

Lady Valkyrie
11-01-2002, 08:34 AM
Yesterday, when T.J. (age 11) was at school, his Social Studies/Science teacher allowed each child in the class to share what they were going to dress up as for Halloween. When it came to be T.J.'s turn he proudly spoke up, "Because of religious reasons me and my family do not celebrate Halloween, so I won't be dressing up." That's when his teacher, Mr. Mark, spoke up and said, "That's OK, T.J. For religious reasons I do not celebrate Halloween either, so I won't be passing out candy or dressing up either. I feel that Halloween is that "really bad person's" day who lives "down below" Later he took T.J. to the side and commended him for standing up for what he believes in. That's when he revealed to T.J. that he too was a Christian.

My other son, Joshua (age 6), was telling me "Mom don't get mad but I told my friends at school that I was going to dress up as Spiderman tonight." I asked him why would he tell a lie like that. :( He said, "It's not really a lie, Mom. I am going to dress like Spiderman... I'm going to wear my Spiderman Jammies." Then he gave me a huge cocky smile and went off to play. Indeed later that evening after bathtime he changed into his Spiderman PJ's that has the web like material under the arms that form a wing like appearance. That little stinker!! :rolleyes:

We all pigged out on candy that I bought them last night and watched movies.

:D

JenRN
11-01-2002, 08:58 AM
I hope i am not opening a huge can of worms.... I was brought up very religiously confused, kidda like Scott Stapp. I was brought up catholic when I was young then my mother "converted" to Pentacostal!!! My father stayed Catholic, talk about a difference. Everytime I did something my mom thought was"wrong" she would proceed to tell me I was going to hell for listening to that music or watching those movies. As a teenager back then it confused me. I really did not think I was doing anything really bad. As far as Halloween is concerned, I trick or treated the whole time I was little and then BAM one year it was forbidden and I was told it was a "pagan holiday" It was hard for me to grasp the concept, all I really wanted to do was dress up and get candy!!! I really don't think kids think of satan etc.. on Halloween. I think it is just a fun night to dress up for kids, now of coarse there is a limit, it really can get evil of coarse but.... for the most part it is harmless. Yes you should be proud of your son but don't worry about your other son he is a kid and kids will be that way. I still at 30 years old get told by my mother "you better listen to me all these things you listen to your not going to have etenal life, in heaven" she tells me all the time how horrible hell is like she has been there or something! I certainely don't do anything bad and for god's sake I listen to Creed and U2 how horrible can that be? I played some Creed for her, but seeing it is not on the Christian music channel she won't listen to it for long!!! I feel she is so sheltered in her world sometimes! Who is she to judge others? She won't listen to music if someone gay sings it ie. Elton John etc.. Hey the way I look at it, someday we all will be judged, but we should not judge one another and if someone doesn't fit the "perfect christian " image that person should not be any less worthy of attention or consideration!!! Sorry did not mean to get on a tangent.;)

Lady Valkyrie
11-01-2002, 09:42 AM
There is no need to apologize, dear. I completely understand and can empathize with you . See My own egg donor and father were not religious or went to church. I had a lot of problems at home and I ran away a lot. I spent a lot of time with my grandma just to have a place to stay. My grandma attended a Church of Jesus Christ and was very pentecostal. She and the church she attended believed in wild unbiblical things such as ...

a woman can not:
wear makeup
wear pants or shorts or bathing suits
wear jewely or fancy hair barretts
cut her hair or even braid it

And some of their wild doctrine were:
Christian music had to sound like twangy country music for it to be acceptable to God.
You must have the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues to be saved.
They would force you to come to the alter and they would hold you down and pray for you.

That totally turned me off to God!! That's when I started dwelling into Voodoo.

But because my parents were not religious I got to celebrate Halloween.

I became a Christian at the age of 16 because my mother-in-law loved me when I was unloveable and showed me what God was really about... and yet she was pentecostal as well. However a tragedy happened to me when I was 23 and I felt betrayed by God and I turned my back on him. That's when I became a Wiccan and followed the ancient Celtic ways. That's when I discovered the truth about Halloween. How the actual modern day Halloween is actual pagan rituals performed by the ancient Celts that time of the year.

You can read about the truth of Halloween here. (http://www.creedcommunity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=272)

However, I felt the Lord calling my soul back to his loving arms. I tried to fight it but I came back to the Lord Jesus Christ and rededicated my life to him and denounced Wicca. Now because I gained knowledge I made the hard choice of not letting my own kids participate in such pagan practices such as Halloween. That was my choice based on my religious convictions and my knowledge on paganism. As you can see they are not missing out on anything. I buy them tons of candy myself... all their favorites... and we watch movies of their chooseing on Halloween. My youngest son obviously doesn't understand fully. However in time he will. My other two children are cool with the whole thing. They say they have it better this way anyway. They get all of their favorite candy. They don't have a ton of cady that they don't even like as they would if they went trick or treating./ And they don't have to worry about candy being poisoned or out of date and stale. And they get to stay up late and watch movies... even if it's a school night.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a "religious thing" because such things belong in the "Faith/Religion" forum. So I do apologize. I'm just a mother who is proud of her son is all.

JenRN
11-01-2002, 09:58 AM
I totally understand! :)

Lady Valkyrie
11-01-2002, 10:36 AM
:D Kewlness! :D