Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Simple Things.. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Simple Things..

goddess_bb
07-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Isn't it funny how something very simple make you happy...
Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart with my crew and we went into the pets department and all three went nuts over the fish....so I bought them a $3 fish (Beta) and they were so excited..amazing how something so small made them so happy..more so then all their expensive toys and crap...
They named the fish Willy and he has a privillaged spot on the dining room table..my 5 year old claims the fish is her new best friend..:lol: and my 2 year old seems to think she should pet the fish--she keeps sticking her hands into the bowl, my son wants to give the fish stuff he keeps dropping things into the bowl..poor fish I hope he survives my Crew..:D
So my point is that by giving my kids something so small they were made so happy and that made me really happy...maybe it's true that it is the small stuff that counts and not the big stuff...
What do you guys think???

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-26-2003, 12:38 PM
I would have to agree. My little one likes to play with the box the toy comes in. She could care less about the toy but the box is the most amazing thing to her. What makes her really happy is just to sit with me and watch SpongeBob. Doesn't sound like much but it's these moments I treasure.:angel:

goddess_bb
07-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Exactly..Scottsmyman...simple moments are what I treasure too... like when my kids bring me weed-flowers from outside and they are sooo proud..
kids are such amazing creatures...

Dogstar
07-26-2003, 12:52 PM
You know, when I look back at my childhood, I don't think about any *stuff* that my parents bought me; I think about the things we did together, the games we played, the talks we had, the holidays we shared, the struggles we survived and most of all the love that was showered on me. I didn't have much growing up, material-wise, but I don't feel I missed out anything. I have a treasure chest of love, wisdom and faith my parents gave me. You can't put a price on that.

Leader of Men
07-26-2003, 01:25 PM
Need any advice with that fish, just come to me :D

I assume it is a male, just cuz they are a lot better looking, and therefore more popular and easier to find than the female...

Do you have it in a bowl or a aquarium?

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-26-2003, 02:02 PM
I know what you mean Dogstar. That's how it was at my house growing up. We didn't have evrything but my parents always tried to be there. Unfortunately I only really learned to appreciate it as I got older and now I try and show that same love to my kids. Goddess, I know what you mean about weed flowers. It's the sweetest thing:angel:

TeriB19
07-26-2003, 09:26 PM
I remember growing up, my Mom and I would play Scrabble at night, or watch old movies, or go out for ice cream. It was those times, not what I got, that bring back the best memories for me.
Both my girls are the same way, they'd rather me sit in the family room and watch Spongebob, Wild Thornberry's or Rugrats with them.

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-26-2003, 09:27 PM
SPONGEBOB RULES!!!!! :)

TeriB19
07-26-2003, 09:31 PM
I'M READY!!!!!!!!!

Higher_Desire
07-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Just like the parents who buy their kids the most expensive things for Christmas or their Birthday, and they end up playing with the box it came in all day. :)

I went with some friends to Wal Mart a while ago, and they bought a Beta fish. It was a boy, and they named him Your Mom, so they could say things like "I love Your Mom" and "Come see Your Mom. He misses you." and things like that. One day, Your Mom died. :cried: He was a good fishy.

H-D

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-26-2003, 09:33 PM
OOPS I RIPPED MY PANTS!!!!

TeriB19
07-26-2003, 09:37 PM
You know about thermo-nuclear fusion???

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-26-2003, 09:42 PM
Analysis complete 1% Evil, 99% Hot Gas!! ;)

goddess_bb
07-27-2003, 12:14 AM
LOM_the fish is a boy..hence the name Willy and we have him in a bowl...
---today my son decided that the fish was hungry so he dumped an entire package of cookies into the bowl...the poor fish!!!

Higher_Desire
07-27-2003, 12:34 AM
:lol: He thinks he's being good to the fish too. That's really sweet. He's trying to take care of it. I wish someone would give me a package of cookies. (I know you already do more than that for me Becky ;) ;) ) LOL.

H-D

PS- How come some peoples seem to be on a Sponge-Bob kick right now?

I watched Sponge-Bob again today. Really funny episode. Patrick cracks me up! :lol:

Leader of Men
07-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
LOM_the fish is a boy..hence the name Willy and we have him in a bowl...
---today my son decided that the fish was hungry so he dumped an entire package of cookies into the bowl...the poor fish!!! Just make sure to not put anything in with him then.

And never cross to male bettas...

Their real name is "Siamese Fighting Fish" and you would quickly find out why if you put two males together:eek:

goddess_bb
07-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Yea I know that..he is the one and only fish for this family....

goddess_bb
07-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Hey Cutie...do you need some cookies too???:naughty:

Higher_Desire
07-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Mmmm. :naughty: I love cookies. :naughty: lol. Especially if you're using cookies as a metaphor for :godown:! ;)

Seriously, though, you should explain to your kids that fishies don't like people food. They only like fishy food. And only a little bit a time or two a day.

H-D