velocityidp
07-26-2003, 01:30 AM
d

JenRN
07-26-2003, 03:53 PM
c

Higher_Desire
07-26-2003, 09:18 PM
I think they stayed about the same, although they did add slower songs after MOP. I feel that the albums are quite consistent in sound, though.

H-D

velocityidp
07-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Definately not the same... Weathered is so much more produced than MOP or HC. Lyrically it pales in comparision. Actually I found the lyrics in Weathered to be plain flat. Definately not Scott's best peice of work.

I hope they spend more time on the next album -- particularly in the bass/lyrics department.

benkenobi
07-26-2003, 10:29 PM
I've thought the lyrics have been fine throughout. I mean I know they're different, but they're coming from what they are experiencing in the world today. Remember that Stapp isn't the only one in the band who writes lyrics. Tremonti wrote stuff for Weathered as well.

Hopefully the bass department will be filled with a new member on the next album so Tremonti can fully concentrate on guitar work.

facelessman
07-27-2003, 02:34 AM
I thought that the lyrics for MOP and HC are way better than Weathered. but i like the combination of soft and hard in their albums.

Unforgiven Fan
07-28-2003, 02:16 PM
lyrically and musical Creed was hitting on all cylinders on human clay. It was a geniune hard rock album and it was consistant throughout the album but yet ofter different sounds and speeds. Weathered was basically an album that they made to try to please everyone and if you look at limp biskit, that does not work. their overall progression has been to a more mainstream rock where pop people like it but it sort of abandons the old hard rock fans and they are more reliable.

JulieCitySlicker
07-28-2003, 03:06 PM
I like the differences from hard to soft in their music as well;) It gives heart to their music and I love Weathered lyrically to:angel:

Marty
07-28-2003, 08:04 PM
d
________
GONG BONG (http://glassbongs.org/)

Lechium
07-29-2003, 12:23 AM
whoever had chosen "stayed the same" needs to get wax out of their ears.

RMadd
08-05-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>whoever had chosen "stayed the same" needs to get wax out of their ears. </b>

True dat

Dani
08-05-2003, 01:52 AM
Although I don't like to to say it, I would probably say C. Though I like their mix of soft and hard rock I think Weathered didn't have the right balance just a tad too much soft.

souldancer
08-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Evolution is about changing....and their music has evolved as the have grown. Can't call it progress or regress.. just what it is....DAMN GOOD!

PS.. if you haven't already guessed it...I hate surveys and labels!

Julbright
08-06-2003, 12:22 PM
I like all of it - it definitely has changed but I find merit in all of it. Scott once said in an interview that they were proud of the changes in Weathered - that it would sound to listeners like several different bands did the tracks instead of just one band - and he was proud of it.

velocityidp
08-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Weathered is OK... a bit too poppy/produced for my taste though. As long as this trend doesn't continue, though, I'll be happier. If it does continue, I think I'll just call myself an "Old School Creed Fan," if ya no vaht I meen.

HE HATE ME 219
08-06-2003, 06:09 PM
I agree, I think their best work was HC. I think Tremmonti could needs a full time bassist...sure wish Marshall could come back...Scott's said that he'd like to get back together...If only!

HE HATE ME 219
08-06-2003, 06:10 PM
stapp**

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 10:40 PM
I like all of their albums, I think HC is my favorite, but I think that they have changed in good ways.

hayley
08-11-2003, 03:26 AM
My opinion, I think it's the halfway mark between hard rock, ahnd poppier rock.

hayley
08-11-2003, 03:27 AM
I would love to see another MOP.

Torn Signs
08-12-2003, 10:23 AM
:dunno: C :bow2:

ZION1010
08-12-2003, 01:27 PM
My Opinon If Any Bodey Cares let theme write And play what that Feel

njcreedite
08-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ZION1010
My &nbsp;Opinon &nbsp;If &nbsp;Any &nbsp;Bodey &nbsp;Cares &nbsp;let &nbsp;theme &nbsp;write &nbsp;And &nbsp;play &nbsp;what &nbsp;that &nbsp;Feel
I think that's a given.
Mark and Stapp have both said that they would like their next CD to be "harder". I hope it turns out that way. Either way I'm sure I'll buy it and give it a good listen before deciding what I think about it. I'm hoping it ROCKS!!!!:jam:

ZION1010
08-16-2003, 11:15 PM
I Just Got A Feeling Im Not Able To See N The Future Or Anything Only by The spirit Of God And Whatever They Do This Time I Bet Thats Its Going To Be The Biggest Creed Record Of All Time ROCK ON

njcreedite
08-17-2003, 11:09 PM
If it has a harder sound, I don't think it will sell as much as
Weathered. That's fine with me. I don't care how much it sells, only how much I like it. Selfish of me isn't it.:embarass:

ZION1010
08-17-2003, 11:37 PM
I Liked Weatherd For A Lot Of Reasons But I Cant Talk About That Here Because Thay Would Tell Me To Shuve It Inn Another Fourum But The music On weatherd Was Really Diverse It Opend With Bullets And closed With A Little Ballad that you Would Sing To Your kids I Liked It Because Im A Really moody Person But If This Next Album Is Totaly Hard IM All For It I Grew up loving Thrash metal I Was An Angrey Child Till This Day The Harder The Music Is Its Sorta A Relise To Things And People You Cant Do Nothing About Its hard Anyway Walking With Christ But I Do Know He Takes care Of This Things For Me But When I Cant Go to Prayer Rite On The Spot I Love Drowings Pool Let The Bodys Hit The Floor But I Would Be Supprised If This Next Record Dont Have A couple Of softys on It Either Way I Still Feel This Is Going To Be The Biggest Creed Record Of All God Bless You Selfish Little Thing You

velocityidp
08-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ZION1010
...That &nbsp;Here &nbsp;Because &nbsp;Thay &nbsp;Would &nbsp;Tell &nbsp;Me &nbsp;To &nbsp;Shuve &nbsp;It &nbsp;Inn &nbsp; Another &nbsp;Fourum... &nbsp;up &nbsp;loving &nbsp;Thrash &nbsp;metal &nbsp;I &nbsp;Was &nbsp;An &nbsp;Angrey &nbsp;Child... &nbsp;And &nbsp;People &nbsp;You &nbsp;Cant &nbsp;Do &nbsp;Nothing &nbsp;About &nbsp;Its &nbsp;hard &nbsp;Anyway... &nbsp;Love &nbsp;Drowings Pool &nbsp;Let &nbsp;The &nbsp;Bodys &nbsp;Hit &nbsp;The &nbsp;Floor... softys &nbsp;on &nbsp;It Of &nbsp;All &nbsp;God &nbsp;Bless &nbsp;You &nbsp;Selfish &nbsp;Little &nbsp;Thing &nbsp;You...

:eek: brain... can't... function... without... proper... grammar.... need... to find...... a .... period........ GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

Jez
08-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by HE HATE ME 219
Scott's said that he'd like to get back together...If only!

HUH???