Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Audioslave & Shinedown [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave & Shinedown

velocityidp
07-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Two absolutely fantastic new songs out there...

Audioslave - Like a Stone

Shinedown - Fly From the Inside

hotforscott
07-22-2003, 10:21 PM
I know I love Audioslave. My favorite is Show me how to live.
Shinedown is coming to town a week from today with 3 doors down, Our lady Peace and Seether. Can't wait.

Steve
07-23-2003, 03:45 AM
Grab Shinedown's new album. It's great!

velocityidp
07-23-2003, 03:48 AM
Yeah I've been listening to Creed mp3's for like 6 months straight. I love my Creed, but I think I need a break from them for a while...

I think I'll grab Audioslave's new album and I will ponder Shinedown.

Dogstar
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Velocity, I listen to Audioslave all the time. I have yet to get sick of it. I saw them in March and they were awesome. Chris Cornell still has an incredible voice and Tom Morello is king on the axe. There isn't one song on the CD that I would skip. Every day I have a different favorite. They are just a really talented group of musicians. I'm glad they got together...I have yet to check out Shinedown...

velocityidp
07-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I always loved Soundgardens ethereal style... it's carried into Audioslave with a more crisp, straitforward sound. And yeah, Cornell's voice is still incredible -- although he does a bit too much banshee screaming for my tastes... that sound is so aggrivating.

As for Shinedown, all I know is that I love the chorus of their "Fly From the Inside" single. I kinda get the feeling the rest of the album is so-so though. But definately check out that single.

velocityidp
07-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Chris Cornell still has an incredible voice and Tom Morello is king on the axe.

Yeah, he is good. But I have a renewed appreciation for Tremonti. Their styles may be different, but while Audioslave is great, they just can't match the crunching riffs that Tremonti serves up.

Overall, though, Audioslave has a better team than Creed's current lineup... I think Creed need to mature a bit. I just hope their next album doesn't go in the same commercial/poppy direction that Weathered was. If it does, I'm really going to be dissapointed. Their sound needs to evolve.

Dogstar
07-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Definitely, their styles are different. But I appreciate those differences. It's just cool to see what Morello does with the guitar, especially live. I hope you get the chance to catch Audioslave. Well worth the price of admission. I agree that Audioslave's lineup is better; they are also veterans from their Rage days. Brad Wilk is nuts on the kit and Tim Commerford does a great job on bass. They are fun to watch as well as hear live.

hotforscott
07-23-2003, 07:16 PM
I love my Audioslave album, too Dogstar. I never get sick of it. I just got Shinedown, but I love it as well. It's great to have some good new music to listen to.

PaulMcCoygirl
07-24-2003, 03:01 AM
I like Shinedown's song. My favorite song from Audioslave right now is Show Me How To Live.

Steve
07-24-2003, 10:39 AM
My favorite Audioslave song is also "Show Me How To Live" - I loved that song since the CD came out and the radio was overplaying "Cochise" here. Now "Show Me How To Live" is the new single so I'm pretty happy. I listened to that song over and over and never got sick of it, so I'll be happy when the radio overplays it :)

JenRN
07-24-2003, 11:04 AM
I LOVE Audioslave!!! the entire CD just ROCKS!!!!! I was a HUGE fan of Soundgarden too!:jam: It would be hard for me to narrow it down to one favorite song

PaulMcCoygirl
07-28-2003, 10:13 PM
I like the Cochise video.

velocityidp
07-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Video's ok, but the song is kinda dumb. Like a Stone is much better.

Dogstar
07-30-2003, 05:01 PM
I just picked up Shinedown (finally). I'm going to give it a listen later!