Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
A day as a dinosaur [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : A day as a dinosaur

Higher_Desire
07-12-2003, 11:50 PM
When reading of the creation in Genesis 1, as we all probably know, refers to each of the stages of the creation as "days." Do you think that a "day" is equivilent to a day as we know it, or if it is a long period of time, maybe days and nights or a long creation time? I don't understand how it could actually be a day as some people teach it as, and explain dinosaurs. They were supposidly alive for millions of years, yet how could God put Adam and Eve on earth after animals had been created, yet we believe that humans and dinosaurs were not alive at the same time. Maybe are the dinosaurs skeletons actually parts of other things put together horribly wrong? How do we know what dinosaurs did? Please help.

H-D

Bridge of Clay
07-13-2003, 01:48 AM
hmm, call me crazy, but I read somewhere that before the flood, science was so advanced in that age that people were already messing with genetics. And dinossaurs were those genetic mutations that God didnīt create, thatīs why they didnīt get in the ark.

But I canīt tell you the above is true or not. I donīt even know if I believe that, it was just an article somewhere...

As for the days, I think you should take it literally.

Iīd like to suggest you a book I read, but I canīt find it now, maybe my mom took it to the hospital...when she gets back, Iīll give you the name and the author, ok?

mel!ssa
07-13-2003, 03:50 AM
I believe the days are not literal, since the word "days" is often used in other places in the Bible, and even in our own speech, to refer to periods of time rather than always a literal 24 hours. Humans created the timing system we have anyway, so maybe what God considers to be a day isn't 24 hours????

If you think of 'days' as a length of time, things make a lot more sense. To me, anyway...

StrubesGuitar
07-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Well, according to the order, the animals were a couple o' "days" in front of the humans. How could humans and dinosaurs NOT be on the earth at the same time? Mostly all the stuff we know bout dinosaurs has been researched and sounds correct to me, cept for the BILLIONS of years thing. You can tell what they did by location, body position, body size, etc. It's mostly just brainstorming though.

Higher_Desire
07-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Yeah Marcos. Get me the name and author of that book.

And Strubes, I'm not saying that humans and dinosaurs were definetly not on earth together, but from what I have read, that was supposidly non-fiction, they weren't on earth together.

H-D

Sincirr
07-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Bah,(meaning I'm an idiot), I thought the All Star Game was at Wrigley...mabe that was just the home run derby??? Shows what a dumb Aussie like me knows:embarass:...but I will be tuning in nonetheless!

AAAAAAHHHHH Genesis. Another bah! I just think that creating the WHOLE WORLD is something that a scientific mind will never be able to fathom anyway, cos we are just humans. I appreciate science though, but I just think that there are some things that we are just never gonna know, cos we just couldn't get our heads around it if we tried, U know? hehe:nutty:

JOB 38:1-11 is very humbling. Check it out H-D. I'd be freaking out if God said it to me personally. Puts me in my place that passage. :bow2:

I really hope my emoticons worked, cos I worked really hard! LOL

Lechium
07-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Just learn to accept that you cannot find all answers in bible, and that it is not 100% truth.

Higher_Desire
07-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Oh, you're back. I'm not looking for answers through the Bible, and it may not be 100% accurate, but there's no way to prove it is accurate and no way to prove it isn't. You base it on your faith. I'm just trying to sort things out in my mind instead if accepting "I don't know" as an answer. "I don't know" is not a legitamate answer to me.

H-D

Lechium
07-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Real answer to many spiritual questions "you are not able to comprehend it"
Just like 2 dimentional being is not capable of comprehending 3rd dimension.

StrubesGuitar
07-15-2003, 11:10 PM
The Bible is historically 100% accurate, it says itself that if anything is proved wrong the whole book is void.

Lechium
07-16-2003, 01:17 PM
If it is 100% right historically, than here's my odl question -- there are several millions different animal species in the world. How did Moses get 2 of each in his arc? Arc woudl had to be size of dozen+ Titanics. And with food needed for these animals he'll need even more.
So guess you'r book is void lol

bgivens33
07-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
The Bible is historically 100% accurate, it says itself that if anything is proved wrong the whole book is void.

Thats a bit of a paradox dont you think?? When questioning it's validity, it's probably not best to quote things out of the bible.

Higher_Desire
07-16-2003, 09:05 PM
I think the bible is as close to accurate as it can possibly get. So far, everything I've heard of that has been tested from the bible has been proven true.

That thing about Noah's Ark though -- you must remember that he probably didn't take any animal that lived in water, since they could still survive when the earth was flooded. Other small animals wouldn't be too hard to store, and the sixe of the ark would more than allow for all the large animals you can think of.

H-D

Lechium
07-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Dude fact is, even now with the technology we got building a ship that would fit 2 of every animal in the world (+food for them!) will be a big challenge, if possible at all.

mel!ssa
07-16-2003, 11:48 PM
It's true, we can never fully understand everything about God or the world etc, at least not as we are, imperfect. Our piddly little brains can't handle it, but i'm not worried cos i know there will be a time when our brains will be perfect, and we will be able to understand, and those who doubt will have no excuse.

The thing with the ark, Noah didn't build it by himself. God gave him the exact instructions on how to make it, and it took him ages. Because God designed it, and God was backing it, it wouldn't have been impossible to fit every animal in. Besides, if the evolution theory is true as so many say it is, there would have been much less animals in Noah's time, not so diverse as we have today right? Kind of conflicts doesn't it.

Sincirr, that passage in Job is cool. I like it, I don't think Job would have been freaking or anything, just humbled. But it's a good scripture, I agree.

bgivens33
07-17-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by mel!ssa

The thing with the ark, Noah didn't build it by himself.  God gave him the exact instructions on how to make it, and it took him ages.  Because God designed it, and God was backing it, it wouldn't have been impossible to fit every animal in.  Besides, if the evolution theory is true as so many say it is, there would have been much less animals in Noah's time, not so diverse as we have today right?  Kind of conflicts doesn't it.

2 things.

The evolutionary theory takes place over millions and millions of years, not a few thousand. And if the bible is true... then would evolution even take place? Yes, your statement is pretty conflicting.

mel!ssa
07-17-2003, 01:05 AM
What i'm saying is, many who say "how did Noah fit all those animals in the ark?" also happen to believe in evolution, which means there would not be as many animals, so that conflicts with their own statement.

Many who don't believe in evolution also have no problem believing that God was backing it and therefore it wouldn't have been impossible. They go hand in hand, do you see what i mean?

Lechium
07-17-2003, 02:22 AM
Here's the deal -- you claim that bible is always correct. Every time someone points out some very part of it that doesnt makes sence or is impossible, than you say "well there was divine intervention, so everything is possible!". This is kinda retarded really.

Sincirr
07-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Um....The ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits deep, with 3 floors.....A common cubit is 18 inches......

The titanic was 885 inches...teensy little thing

I love that H-D is searching like this, cos God has nothing to hide.

And bless U Lechium, for being so inspiring.

Lechium
07-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Titanic was 885 inches what? 885 inches is about 22 meters (25 yards or so ) FYI. If you were refering to length or width or depth of it, than 22 meters are nowhere close to it.

300 cubits is under 130 meters. Now that is just bit bigger than a bootbal field. 3 floors, fine we got 4 or so footbal fields total.
Can you fit millions of animals + food for them on that space? No matter how big 4 football fields migh sound -- that is too tny to fit even a small fraction of all these animals.

P.S. aspiring? cool lol

Sincirr
07-17-2003, 09:25 AM
INspiring my dear, hehe.

http://www.titanic.com/story/11/Measurements Thats where I got the measurements from. Not my fault. If I read it wrong, lemme know. I can handle the humiliation if its in the name of truth...lol

Dont neglect looking at the other dimensions though. It's still pretty big.

And just in case it comes up, the unicorns were left out yes; cos they were running amok and impaling everyone.:suave:

And I would like to mention that the rosin and the trees that were used to make it do not exist today! Shame...I would've bin interested to hear what a guitar made out of that kinda wood woulda sounded like!

Wow:eek: the titanic went down 12,600ft! Man, they deffinitely drowned!:nut:

Sorry if i offended anyone, Im just a little silly tonight.

Sincirr
07-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh yeh, and dont think full sized elephants and stuff, think babies, cos they are smaller obviously, and they have a longer breeding life. Look, I cant do this anymore, my brain is hurting!

Sincirr
07-17-2003, 10:25 AM
DOH it was feet, bugga!

Lechium
07-17-2003, 02:55 PM
You read way wrong -- Titanic is 885 FEET long not inches. Makes quiet a difference you know.

Also baby elephants, yeah, but think or MILLIONS of animals. And food for them. 3 footbal fields will never fit them all. And dont forget that cleaning shit for millions of animals is a job few people cant handle... many many things add up to a simple fact -- 2 of each animals in teh world + food + other stuff in a ship size of 3 footbal fields total (build by one person? that big of a ship? defently not possible) is just not possible.

mel!ssa
07-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>Here's the deal -- you claim that bible is always correct. Every time someone points out some very part of it that doesnt makes sence or is impossible, than you say "well there was divine intervention, so everything is possible!". This is kinda retarded really. </b>

Well, God IS capable of anything. That's what I believe. Just because you don't believe it, is no reason to say my beliefs 'are retarted'. :( See, this is why so many people don't like you. Come on, we all know you're better than that, I've seen it. A little respect wouldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

Sincirr
07-18-2003, 02:14 AM
I dunno, I still think that's pretty big. But the poo factor does have me thinkin...:vomit:

Bridge of Clay
07-20-2003, 02:25 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh... this talk will last for ages and we wonīt conclude anything...

letīs do the following:

-When Jesus comes back, He will explain it to us.

now, if all of that is BS and thereīs no such thing like Jesus, meaning weīre all wrong... Lech will explain it to us! ;)

mel!ssa
07-21-2003, 04:59 AM
What do you mean by, when Jesus comes back?

Bridge of Clay
07-21-2003, 06:04 PM
His 2nd advent

(remember He came once as a child?! ;) )

mel!ssa
07-22-2003, 04:28 AM
I'm sorry, i don't know what you mean. I'm not the same religion as you remember? :P What does 'advent' mean? Do you mean like he's going to come back to the earth as flesh and blood?

Bridge of Clay
07-23-2003, 08:07 PM
read it for yourself and take your own conclusions! :)

Iīm not writing coz I donīt wanna stick my beliefs down your throat... :P

Titus 2:13; Heb. 9:28; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; Matt. 24:14; Rev. 1:7; Matt. 24:43, 44; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; 2:8; Rev. 14:14-20; 19:11-21; Matt. 24; Mark 13; Luke 21; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 Thess. 5:1-6