Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed concert opener [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed concert opener

faceless kiwi
10-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Ok, we all know bullets is a kickass opener, and i hope they will always keep it as the first song.
But i just wanted to know, from all u guys who saw creed before the weathered tour. What song did they use to open up with?
I thought it might have been are you ready, but i dont know.

Read JDM
10-29-2002, 05:03 PM
I don't know the answer, but in my opinion, another great opening song would be Ode.

Unforgiven Fan
10-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Ode...and it has almost the same effect but Ode is in your face right when they start and does not let up but Bullets does...

faceless kiwi
10-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah ode. Man that would've been a wicked concert opener.

Said Eyes
10-29-2002, 08:45 PM
They've opened with a couple of songs. Ode was a good one, and they'd build up with some improv stuff. On the Human Clay tour they'd either open with Ode or Are You Ready, which although different as an opener is really good too.

Personally, I think Who's Got My Back would be a brilliant opener.

faceless kiwi
10-29-2002, 08:59 PM
I dont know whether who's got my back would work as an opener. I think the band might get a real serving if they opened with that. However it's a brilliant live song. But not an opener.
Bullets is perfect. They come on with a real blast with bullets, i cant see them ever opening with anything else.

faceless kiwi
10-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey said eyes, just wondering when is one last riff gonna be up and running.

Said Eyes
10-30-2002, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I know Bullets is great, it really kicks of the show with a bang. However, as soon as I heard Weathered for the first time, I though WGMB could be really special if they were ever gonna go more art rock, doing 15 minute extended stuff and so forth. Just think, its all dark, and the indian chant plays. Slowly and softly at first, but getting louder, then tremonti/hestla do their thing. And eventually Stapp and Phillips get going. It could be something. But I do agree, Bullets is a fantastic opener.

As for One Last Riff, I'm currently trying to write a decent bio at the moment. Slowly its all coming together. It should be pretty alright once it's all up and running.

hide_tremonti
10-30-2002, 07:10 AM
hey said eyes. are you ben, andrew or chris? sorry if your none of them...
i was very impressed with the hidden stuffs on your creed prison site.
:)
cheers

allison
10-30-2002, 02:01 PM
I just don't think any song could beat Bullets as an opener.:jam:

faceless kiwi
10-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Totally agreed. I think it is the perfect opener.
But i also agree with said eyes, i can see how whos got my back would be a great opener.
But i still think ya need something hard to start off the show.
I finally downloaded vh1 opening night live off of kazaa.
And man bullets just rocks, brings back memories from the concert.
Its awesome.

hide_tremonti
11-02-2002, 02:07 AM
i think are you ready is good....that little quiet intro...and pufff the pyro kicking in with the D#5 (?) chord .... wow
:)
cheers

Steve
11-02-2002, 11:02 AM
They used to open with Torn as well...

JenRN
11-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Yeah Torn would be a great openenr. Bullets is awesome though, the music before they come out and that talking Scott does gave me serious chills and excitement down my spine because I knew what was about to occur!!!!!:jam:

allison
11-03-2002, 03:04 PM
I agree, Jen. Whenever I hear the opening of Bullets now on CD, it brings me right back to those feelings at the shows of them coming out in the dark, the music, Scott saying, "walking around I hear the sounds..." - the anticipation and utter excitement! God, I CRAVE it!!!!

faceless kiwi
11-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Definatley!
But its weird now listening to bullets on cd, coz the song seems so flat now, i dont know why. Probably just after seeing the song live, it is just full on.

hide_tremonti
11-10-2002, 02:18 AM
flat? turn up the treble and turn down the bass!!!
or just turn it up and head bang!

souldancer
11-15-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
Yeah Torn would be a great openenr.  Bullets is awesome though, the music before they come out and that talking Scott does gave me serious chills and excitement down my spine because I knew what was about to occur!!!!!:jam:
Oh yes......I just love that pre-Creed music...I wish I had that on a CD! Not that it would be the same, but yessssssssss - energy running up the spine! :)

Dogstar
11-15-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by faceless kiwi
But its weird now listening to bullets on cd, coz the song seems so flat now, i dont know why.  Probably just after seeing the song live, it is just full on.

Wow, it has just the opposite effect on me. It takes me right back to the concert and I get all stoked up anticipating the line, "I think they shoot cause they want it." I like the song even better now that I have seen it performed live.

JenRN
11-15-2002, 09:56 AM
When I was in the pit this summer, right when you see thier sillouttes in the dark and Bullets start, I had sooo much emotion going through me, I did not know to scream, cry or just pass out!! Seeing Creed THAT close up was an incredible experience I want to re live over and over!!!!!!!:D :D

TeriB19
11-15-2002, 05:32 PM
I know how you felt Jen. Once the lights went down I turned to souldancer and told her I was numb. I didn't know if I wanted to scream, faint, cry, explode, fish or cut bait. I was so excited my body locked up on me.

JenRN
11-15-2002, 05:35 PM
I can honestly say Teri nothing in my life has even came close to that emotion I felt. I don't know if I have a boring life, or if Creed is just tooo awesome!!!??;)

TeriB19
11-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
I can honestly say Teri nothing in my life has even came close to that emotion I felt.  I don't know if I have a boring life, or if Creed is just tooo awesome!!!??;) It's not your life, it's Creed's awesome-ness (word?). I don't know if it's because I was so close to them or because they just completely mesmerized me, but this was the most incredible concert I've ever been to (probably getting sick of hearing me say that) but it's true. I don't know how else to put it. Nothing comes close.

PaulMcCoygirl
11-16-2002, 12:20 AM
I know what y'all mean! eventhough I was up in the lawn area I still felt the greatness of Creed! I mean they have so much power and emotion into each of their songs that it made me scream every word at the top of my lungs! It was so awesome! There is actually no words to describe how I felt that night. I'm still waiting for my chance to go into the PIT and I know that day will come and you know when I meet Creed too! That's one of my main goals, to meet Creed before I kick the bucket! :P

Kim V.
12-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Man, the way you guys talk about the Creed concert experience, especially in the pit, I can hardly wait till NYE in Philly!! All the energy in the beginning when it's dark and Scott talks in the intro to Bullets, then all this talk about how good Scott smells, etc. It's enough to make a girl go stir crazy!! (Or Stapp crazy?) He he;) :stapp: :pant: :band:

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 04:39 PM
It's more than a concert. It's an experience.

hotforscott
12-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
It's more than a concert. It's an experience.

You are so right, it is the ultimate experience. when i saw them in 2000 i think they opened with torn, i cannot really remember, i know this time they for sure opened with bullets in sept 2002. i really thingk "what if" would make a great opener. it gets me SO PUMPED. all their songs bring me back to the concert. It is defintly something i will relive as many times as possible. there is a long stretch of hill on the road that leads to my house and the speed limit is about 40, i always fly down listening to "What if".

hayley
12-16-2002, 06:00 PM
I can't WAIT for my concert experiance.....:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: It's gonna be the best night of my life.

Sheila63
12-18-2002, 11:51 AM
Me too!!! I'm going to Philly on NYE for my first ever Creed concert and the way everyone describes the experience, I can't wait til the 31st!!!! Their music has become such a lifeline and inspiration to me this past year that I can only imagine how I'll feel after NYE!!! I probably won't be able to sleep for days!!!:bounce:

JenRN
12-18-2002, 01:47 PM
Creedfan63, You have NO IDEA what you are in for!!!! If you have pit seats, you will be in a daze for days!!!!! I could not stop talking about it for days on end, it is gonna blow you away!!!! Plus I am sure they will make it even more cool seeing it is the last show of the tour! I went to the first one of the 2nd leg and it was one of the best yet!!!!! YOU GUYS IF YOU MET UP I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!!!!!

hiknman
12-18-2002, 04:56 PM
No pictures Jen your coming!!!!!!:dancing:

JenRN
12-18-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by hiknman
No pictures Jen your coming!!!!!!:dancing:

I have arranged a kidnap plan with Teri and Dogstar I will give you details later!;)

hiknman
12-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Keep me posted!!!:dancing:

hayley
12-21-2002, 05:06 PM
who's that in ur av hinkman? scott and someone else?

TeriB19
12-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Scott and Kid Rock at backstage at the VH1 awards.

hiknman
12-21-2002, 11:20 PM
Very good Teri I have goten a ton of pm's wondering who it was:dancing:

TeriB19
12-21-2002, 11:25 PM
I saw the pics on VH1's site and knew right away. You can't really see Pamela (whore) Anderson behind them. Pity.:rolleyes:

bshover
12-23-2002, 07:39 PM
At the Indy show for the Human clay tour they opened with Mark playing a couple of riffs of torn and then all off the sudden they blew the house down with the oppening riff of Ode and then went on to finish Ode.

JenRN
12-23-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I saw the pics on VH1's site and knew right away. You can't really see Pamela (whore) Anderson behind them. Pity.:rolleyes:
Yeah Pam Anderson, pretty nasty!:eek: she also would melt in the sun if she was out too long! She is so plastic looking it is really gross!

TeriB19
12-23-2002, 10:08 PM
LMAO Jen!:lol: