Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I Touched SNOW For The First Time In My Life!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I Touched SNOW For The First Time In My Life!!!

hayley
07-04-2003, 11:22 PM
It has been snowing a heap on the hills that surround our house today, and it has been FREEZING cold. :( But unfortunatly you can't get up to the snow, because there are no vehicle/tramping tracks that lead up to it. That really sucks, so me and my family decided to go hunting for snow, as me and my brother have never even touched snow in our lives. :crying:

We saw this road, and noticed that several cars were going up there, that there was something going on. So we followed the road, and just a little bit down was SNOW on the side of the road! :D So me and my brother got out and we were playin with the snow for a little bit, then we decided to go down the road furhter as there were still cars doing so. We turned a corner, and what did we see? A WHOLE PICNIC FIELD OF SNOW!!! :eek: :P It was so awesome, we had this massive snow fight, :) And it was so awesome to just touch snow and play in snow for the first time in our lives! This is so exciting, there is due to be more snow tomorrow (hopefully) So we might be going back there. This is so exciting!

:dancing: :frosty: :dancing: :frosty:

Bridge of Clay
07-04-2003, 11:25 PM
I´ve never seen snow :(

bah...what am I complaining? I don´t like cold weather anyways..

hayley
07-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Dude snow is awesome!

PaulMcCoygirl
07-04-2003, 11:42 PM
The only thing that I have seen close to snow are flurries. That was when we got lucky....I'm glad you got to see snow Hayley, that's awesome! :)

hayley
07-04-2003, 11:45 PM
What are flurries? :confused:

Wow this is interesting, I just assumed that everyone in America (even you in Brazil Marocs) had seen snow! :eek:

I would love to bring you guys over here to share the awesome snow! :D Plus, I could kick your asses in a snow fight ;)

Thanks Alisha, I'm really excited that I have...:P

PaulMcCoygirl
07-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Flurries are little pieces of snow, but it's not REALLY snow. Do you get what I'm saying? It's not enough to cover the ground with.

hayley
07-04-2003, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah, I get what you mean.

The field that we eventually got too, was not like totally covered with snow, but it had quite abit. Like enough to have a really big snowball fight, but not enough to make snow angels, ya know?

But it was so much fun :D

PaulMcCoygirl
07-04-2003, 11:53 PM
I think the only time it ever snowed here in Texas was in 1983. I wasn't even born yet, but my paretns told me about it and my brother got to experience it. Lucky him! :P

hayley
07-04-2003, 11:57 PM
That's cool, yes, lucky him. :D

It has never actually snowed like right here at our house while we have been living here, (for 2 going on 3 years), but it has like about 15 years ago, quite alot, I really want that too happen! :bigjump:

JulieCitySlicker
07-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Very cool Hayley:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: I hate snow though:rolleyes:

PaulMcCoygirl
07-05-2003, 12:11 AM
That would be cool! :D Who is that guy in your avie from?

TeriB19
07-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Hayley, that's great that you got to experience snow for the first time. Very cool.

Just wait til you have to start shovelling it.:D

JenRN
07-05-2003, 09:21 AM
How awesome!!!!! I am a snow bunny myself! I love snow, I am from Erie, Pennsylvania where the snow is plentiful all winter long!!!! There are times where there is 2-3 feet of snow at a time!!!! Flurries are like rain sprinkles but with tiny flakes of snow, they are beautiful really, sometimes the first snow of the year is so crisp and clean looking it is beautiful!!!! Alaska was awesome too, to see snow in August in the mountains to me was really cool!:frosty: :frosty:

Leader of Men
07-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Snow rocks, what else is there to do in Minnesota?

Hayley, sounds like you had fun. :)

Weathered
07-05-2003, 12:53 PM
thats awesome hayley.....lol and i realized a lot of us hate snow from this thread

and i also realized there are a lot of pennsylvanians on here

hotforscott
07-05-2003, 02:13 PM
That's great news Hayley. I am so glad you got to see some, too. I remember how sad you used to get at our "Snow threads" back in December.

Sheila63
07-05-2003, 02:42 PM
That is so cool, Hayley!!! To touch snow and have a snowball fight for the first time - what FUN!!!:frosty: :frosty:

We get plenty of snow here in Connecticut where I live, especially this past winter. We had several storms with up to 2 feet of snow!! Although I do get tired of it sometimes, I've got to admit it is very beautiful. :)

hotforscott
07-05-2003, 02:58 PM
We don't get it here in Arkansas too often so when it does happen, it's a treat, but it's funny because everyone flips out and everything closes and you can't find milk, bread or eggs in any store. People think it's a really big deal and it's pretty funny to the people who have lived places that it happens a lot.

Bridge of Clay
07-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Sometimes, it snows on the really extreme South of Brazil, Hayley. But it´s not much. The Brazilian Snow Sports Championship takes place in Chile... go figure! lol!

We do have lots and lots of beaches, though!!! :D

Sheila63
07-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
We don't get it here in Arkansas too often so when it does happen, it's a treat, but it's funny because everyone flips out and everything closes and you can't find milk, bread or eggs in any store. People think it's a really big deal and it's pretty funny to the people who have lived places that it happens a lot.

Believe it or not, people do that here too. I swear the minute the weatherman says there's going to be a snowstorm, you'd think we were going to have a blizzard!!:P The shelves don't get completely empty but the grocery stores are always crowded before it snows.

Marcos, I love the beach so it sounds like I'll have to take a trip to Brazil and see some of those beaches.:)

Higher_Desire
07-05-2003, 09:11 PM
:wow:
Are you SERIOUS! Whoa. I actually spent the first 8 years of my life in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, where we were on the praries, so we got, like, 10+ feet of snow every winter.

But, good for you. :clap:

H-D

Bridge of Clay
07-05-2003, 10:09 PM
heh! you´re welcome Sheila!

But don´t go to Rio de Janeiro´s beaches... the water is cold there! too cold!

São Paulo Estate´s beaches have warm water, you can enjoy the beach even during the winter!

Sheila63
07-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the advice, Marcos.:D

hotforscott
07-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Sheila, you know Teri and I were laughing by Instant Message one time back in the winter about the very same thing. People rushing to the store for those items. She said she was listening to the radio one morning and the DJ was talking about it and he said, "It's like, as soon as it snows, people feel the need to make french toast." or something to that effect. I was crackin' up. ;)

TeriB19
07-06-2003, 10:54 AM
I remember that Carrie, that was too funny. They need milk, bread and eggs when the first flake hits the ground!!

hotforscott
07-06-2003, 10:56 AM
LMAO, you are so right.

Sheila63
07-06-2003, 03:14 PM
It's so true! Living in CT, you'd think people would be used to a little snow but noooooo!! Everybody seems to go into a panic, it cracks me up.:lol: :lol:

Dogstar
07-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Hayley, good for you on your very first snow experience. I think snow is beautiful, though I admit to having gotten sick of this winter as we had more than our usual share :D. It is beautiful, though. I took lots of pictures of last season's first snowstorm :D.