Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I got a JOB!!! My first one! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I got a JOB!!! My first one!

Bridge of Clay
07-04-2003, 09:28 PM
First, I feel like I need to apologize to some of you who may have felt hurt or offended by my last remarks on this board. I´m sorry, I didn´t mean it. It was just my "st. anger" taking control of me of a couple weeks of constant bad news for me and my family. It seems I was trying to get in trouble by creating a heated debate with you, so I could vent and release my anger against you, who have nothing to do with my issues. :embarass: Although I think most of you didn´t notice it! heh :P

Actually, I almost thought of making a long break from this board, since there was nothing going on with Creed...

Anyway, back to the topic!!!

I got a job!!! I mean, an internship!!! At IBM !!! woo-hoo!!! :bigjump: I´ll be working on the Human Resources Dept. and my pay-check is good! It seems I´ll finally got my resource to save money for my Tru SE !!! :dancing: :tremonti:

The best thing is their office is 5 minutes away from my home and on my way to school! Bad news is when classes start, I won´t be able to post here, since I´ll start at 8 am and get home by 11 pm... but that´s ok!

Awww! I feel like I took a huge and heavy box of worries off my back!

TeriB19
07-04-2003, 09:30 PM
That's wonderful news Marcos!! I'm so happy for you, good luck in the job and try to visit us when you can once your classes start!! Way to go! You're on your way!!!!!!:driving::thumbsup:

Higher_Desire
07-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Way to go, Marcos! I'm still looking for a job. Filled out over 30 damn applications and turned in resumes, and not a single call back for an interview. :finger: Employers have told me I'm qualified for the job, but they're not sure if they should hire me or not since I'll be leaving at the end of the summer to go back to school. :grr:

H-D

Bridge of Clay
07-04-2003, 09:52 PM
I forgot to thank the most important being for this chance: God!

The job was totally unexpected! It felt down from heaven and right on my lap!

Colin, don´t worry. Just like me, your time you´ll come. I had given up of everything, thought God was against me (how absurd...)

I sent applications and résumés to hundreds of corporations. Not all of them called me back. I did job interviews and group dinamics at a lot of them: BankBoston (Fleet), Citibank, JP Morgan, Merryl Linch, Alcoa, Tycona, Syngenta, Western Union, American Express, Credicard, Visa, Santander, Mattel, Unibanco (Brazilian bank that bought AIG Insurance), Abbot, Lilly, Coca-Cola a few others...

I don´t want to make you think I´m a show-off... My point is:

-See how many corporations I went to, until I was called for IBM. Don´t let things let you down. Keep trying, your time will come and will be the best job for you!

They always used to tell me I didn´t have previous experience or you´re not the profile we want... :mad: Finally, a door was opened to me.

hayley
07-04-2003, 11:31 PM
That's really awesome Marcos, work hard! :pimp: Good luck. :P

I can't wait until I get my first job! :deal:

PaulMcCoygirl
07-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Congarts Marco! We're all happy for ya, especialy if you got an internship at IBM! I hope you can post at least every now and then when you have time! :)

JulieCitySlicker
07-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Congrats Marcos:dancing:

GoodGodGirl23
07-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Congratulations to you Marcos, you deserve everything wonderful that life has to offer, your'e a wonderful person. And yes, God does take care of us.;) Congrats again!!

Leader of Men
07-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Great news Marcos, good luck! :)

Mulletman
07-05-2003, 01:07 AM
i got a job too and hear me making a big deal... :godown:

heh sorry

congrats dude that job will take ya places.

JenRN
07-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Great job!:thumbsup:

hotforscott
07-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Congratulations, Marcos.

Bridge of Clay
07-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Thanks! :bigjump:

hotforscott
07-05-2003, 05:08 PM
I bet you are so glad. I am really proud of you. It seems like an accomplishment for all of us when one person has something neat happen to them because we are all such a tight knit group on here and it makes it ten times more special.

Sheila63
07-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Congratulations, Marcos!!! That's great news!!:dancing: :thumbsup:

I'm really happy for you. It sounds like you've had some tough times lately and it's wonderful to have something positive happen. I'm glad that you decided not to take a break from the board because I would miss you. Although I know you'll be busy especially when you go back to school, visit us when you can.:)

Dogstar
07-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Marcos, that's great news! Congratulations and best of luck with it! I'm sure you'll do great. You seem to have a good work ethic. And you make sure you visit us when you can. I'm sure you'll be good at time managment :D.

Bridge of Clay
07-07-2003, 10:43 AM
thanks!!! Those were really kind and inspiring words from all of you!!! It seems I still have some time left until I start... :)

US is still on my list! when next tour starts! heh!

And I think I can post during my lunch hour!!! hehehehe

Dogstar
07-07-2003, 10:46 AM
LOL, now you're talking!

marlsy
07-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Wow Marcos, that is awsome!! Congrats to you!!! You really are on your way!!! :thumbsup: :banana:

Sheila63
07-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
US is stilll on my list! when next tour starts! heh!

And I think I can post during my lunch hour!!! hehehehe

That would be great if you come here for a concert, Marcos!!:dancing:

And it's my lunch hour right now and I'm here posting, LOL!!;)

souldancer
07-08-2003, 01:40 AM
Super news cuz!! Great for you and great for them to have YOU!!!

GoodGodGirl23
07-08-2003, 03:28 AM
They are lucky to have you indeed Marcos!!;) I'm very happy for you!!:)

mel!ssa
07-08-2003, 03:55 AM
Yay for you!!! :party2:

:thewave: :bigjump:

Bridge of Clay
07-09-2003, 01:45 AM
:bow:

Thank you, people!

creedfan47a
07-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on the job Marcos, and what a first job to get!!!!! :eek: :clap: No one deserves it more than you, you're going to be fantastic at it. ;)