Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Interesting article about state of Christianity. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article about state of Christianity.

Lechium
06-14-2003, 10:09 PM
http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/...s/00001524.html (http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/rnb/archives/00001524.html)

Here are some a quotes from it:
<i>
-- The number of Germany's Protestants, once a majority of the population, has shrunk from 47 million to 23 million in the last 50 years, and of those only about 3 percent attend Sunday services regularly.

-- In France, which has a population of 60 million, there are only 25,000 Roman Catholic priests left. Their average age is 68. Some look after 30 ore more parishes. Laymen are in charge of most church functions, such as Christian funerals.

-- Anglicans are have become a minority in England.

-- Spain, once the most stalwart Catholic country in Europe, has turned into one of the most secularized in less than a generation. Curiously, more and more Spanish women, whose nation had been ruled by Muslims for centuries, are now converting to Islam.

"The average German family has 1.2 children," said Beyerhaus, "but the average Muslim family here has 3.8."
</i>

All in all -- Christianity is dying off. Slowly but surely. And id being overrun by more young/aggressibe Islam.

Actually I'd rather see Christianity as a dominant religion, not Islam, but nothign I can do about it lol

P.S. Hey if it was up to me Bhuddism would be fastest growing religion =)

Bridge of Clay
06-14-2003, 11:55 PM
so???

in South America, catholicism is decreasing and protestants and pentecostals (sp?) are increasing really fast. Muslims are stable, except on the Triple Border (Almost like the 4 corners in USA, but itīs 3: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay). There are lot of muslims there. Bin Laden was there back in 1995 to "preach". :( :yikes:

In Africa, Protestantism is also growing fast.

Thatīs not a matter of faith, Lechium. Itīs contemporary life. The more prosperous the person is, the more he/she stays away from churches, they donīt feel the need for it.

Lechium
06-15-2003, 12:12 AM
It's not a matter of faith.
It's a matter of marketing.

Bridge of Clay
06-15-2003, 12:27 AM
hmmm... I know tatics of mkt that are better than exploding buildings...

Lechium
06-15-2003, 12:30 AM
You know KKK are very very serious Christians.
There are messed up people in all religions.

Also America is disliked around the world. Many people respect Osama and Co for what they did.

Northerner
06-15-2003, 11:40 AM
What is your point Lech.?

We know that the demonic religions will prosper in the end days. It predicts this in the bible. All this "evidence" means is that the end is near....

JenRN
06-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
You know KKK are very very serious Christians.
There are messed up people in all religions.

Also America is disliked around the world. Many people respect Osama and Co for what they did.
There are extemists in EVERY THING!!! You can't take things out of context and try to throw them in people's face's? You know I am to the point I really don't give a flying shit what people think of America, it is a matter of jealousy simple as that! If our country sucks so bad why the hell are people flocking to it by the thousands EVERYDAY??????? People in other nations "wish" they had what we have here, I myself feel damn lucky to be a woman born and raised in this awesome country!

Lechium
06-15-2003, 01:39 PM
2JenRN: chill, please.
Tings I said above are FACTS, so calm down, please.

Lechium
06-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Northerner
<b>What is your point Lech.?

We know that the demonic religions will prosper in the end days. It predicts this in the bible. All this "evidence" means is that the end is near.... </b>
It's not a demonic religion. They belive in same God as you lol

JulieCitySlicker
06-15-2003, 03:44 PM
You always have to find something to bash christianity don't you:rolleyes:

Lechium
06-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Where the hell am I bashing Christianity?
But dissagreeing that Islam is a demonic religion?
Or by giving you the fact that Christianity is on decline?

JenRN
06-15-2003, 06:04 PM
2JenRN: chill, please.
Tings I said above are FACTS, so calm down, please.
LOL If you think I am fired up you obviously don't know me too well!:rolleyes:

Lechium
06-15-2003, 06:21 PM
I want you to chill now so you dont get fired up later.
Cuz when you're fired up it's pretty obnoxious, annoying and loud lol

JenRN
06-15-2003, 06:25 PM
I want you to chill now so you dont get fired up later.
Cuz when you're fired up it's pretty obnoxious, annoying and loud lol
Your such a idiot, you think I am obnoxious:lol: You just have a problem with me because I hold my own too damn good for you in an argument! You are not used to a woman verbally having you by the BALLS!!!!!!:lolsign: ;)

Bridge of Clay
06-15-2003, 06:34 PM
I should shut my mouth on this thread...

Lechium
06-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Your such a idiot, you think I am obnoxious:lol: You just have a problem with me because I hold my own too damn good for you in an argument! You are not used to a woman verbally having you by the BALLS!!!!!!:lolsign: ;)

Actually you're just being very stubborn and unreasonable, when you "fire up".
And it has nothign to do with you being a woman.

StrubesGuitar
06-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Lech, u only gave 4 countries as an example. That is no where near enough evidence to back up your idea. If u did take any kind of philosophy/rhetoric/logic class, u must have missed that part. There are a couple hundred countries in the world and what u gave as an example is only a small decimated percentage. And if the KKK labels themselves as Christians, they have not followed the biblical teachings. They mercilessly murder innocent african-americans and other hated ethnic groups. We are told to love our neighbor and not to kill (unless it's a war situation). They have no right to call themselves Christians. They DO NOT worship the same God i and almost everyone else here does. I have read about their ritualistic "worship" ceremonies and they sound exactly like satanic rituals. There is a very LARGE CANYON between christianity and the KKK. I'll be prayin for ya.

Lechium
06-15-2003, 08:55 PM
4 in that article.
Phillippines, traditionally Catholic, has very fast growing Muslim population.
What matter is not how many countries, but that these are countries that have Christian past, not Muslim.

P.S. "sound exactly like satanic rituals" so now you're an expert on Satanism too?

JulieCitySlicker
06-15-2003, 11:10 PM
<b>Actually you're just being very stubborn and unreasonable, when you "fire up".
And it has nothign to do with you being a woman. </b> Well, how about a taste of your own medicine;) You tend to be stubborn and unreasonable yourself:rolleyes:

mel!ssa
06-16-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
If the KKK labels themselves as Christians, they have not followed the biblical teachings. They mercilessly murder innocent african-americans and other hated ethnic groups. We are told to love our neighbor and not to kill (unless it's a war situation). They have no right to call themselves Christians.

So it's okay to kill people as long as it's in a war situation? But in every other situation it's wrong. Righhhhttt.... :rolleyes:

Northerner
06-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Lech:

Any religion without Christ at it's head is Demonic. It is used by the Devil to lead people away from the truth.

Lechium
06-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
There is a very LARGE CANYON between christianity and the KKK.
Nope there's a ver deep canyon between YOUR version of Christianity and THEIR'S. There's no one right way. Different people see things differently.

Lechium
06-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Lech:

Any religion without Christ at it's head is Demonic. It is used by the Devil to lead people away from the truth.

Allah is same God as the Biblical one.
Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet.
They dissagree on his importance, but you guys are worhshipping the same god, like it or not.

Northerner
06-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Without Christ at its head! Thats what i said. Recognizing him as a prophet does not count. Worshipping 'Allah' and ignoring Jesus similarly is not keeping Christ at its centre.

Lechium
06-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Without Christ at its head! Thats what i said. Recognizing him as a prophet does not count. Worshipping 'Allah' and ignoring Jesus similarly is not keeping Christ at its centre.

So Judaism is a demonic religion too, wlthough their holy book is 1/2 of yours?

StrubesGuitar
06-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Ok, first, anything w/o Christ isn't "demonic". The Jews, i just don't know what's goin on, there's nothing wrong w/them, they just don't recognize Christ as there messiah. They're still waiting for their messiah to come and take over whatever power that has taken over them in a militaristic fashion. Allah is not the same god as my God. Lech, YES there is a very large canyon between my version and the KKK's. Of course. I don't go around killing african-americans for no good reason. That's a hate crime, here on earth and in heaven. And u r right, my idea is very different from everybody elses, and i understand that, i know i am not completely right about everything, because i am human. Melissa, i am not sayin it is right to kill in wars, in the old test. their are many wars that God fights w/the people of Israel. It also says somewhere that war is not glorious. I THINK ALL WARS SHOULD BE FOUGHT W/PAINTBALL GUNS. OH YEAH.

Lechium
06-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Allah = God in Arabic.
Even my friend, who is diehard Christian, and stued religiosn a lot, agrees that Islam and Christianity worships the same god. Ask Muslim prieast if you dont trust me. You really need to learn some basic fact, before you open yoru mouth.

Northerner
06-17-2003, 01:34 PM
Ok maybe demonic is too strong a word for some people but all those other religions are simply false and therefore used by the devil to lead people away from the Truth. period.

Lechium
06-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Ok maybe demonic is too strong a word for some people but all those other religions are simply false and therefore used by the devil to lead people away from the Truth. period.
Being less closeminded, and absolute in your views, would break your neck, now wouldnt it?

jango
06-17-2003, 07:43 PM
giving you the fact that Christianity is on decline?

A random handful of Christian sects cannot be used to generalize a religion as a whole. Just as a random handful of extremists cannot.

Bridge of Clay
06-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Just for the record:

muslims do believe in Christ, but they consider Him only as a prophet before Mohammed (Maomeh?? - sorry, I dunno his name in English). And they do accept the Bible, although in a lower scale, under the Koran.

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Lech:

I partly agree. Satan is using any means he can to lead people away from worshipping the true God. False religion is one way he does this. If you are not on God's side, you are on Satan's.

Lechium
06-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
I partly agree. &nbsp;Satan is using any means he can to lead people away from worshipping the true God. &nbsp;False religion is one way he does this. &nbsp;If you are not on God's side, you are on Satan's.
Thank god I'm not Christian! (<--- awesome statement...lol) Cuz it semms like being Christain = being paranoid, cuz you believe that there is this superpowerful demonic being that is working day and night to seal your doom. Holy shit, I'm so glad I dont have to live with that, unlike you guys lol

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 10:19 PM
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

You can deny the existence of evil spirits all you like but it doesn't change the fact that they exist and are trying to blind you from the truth.

Lechium
06-18-2003, 10:23 PM
I belive there are spirits.
I belive that some of them are unfriendly.
Just existance of one big bad guy who knows he's goign down and wants to drag averyone along with him sounds too movie like, and un-relaistic,

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Well, I certainly wouldn't trust YOUR definition of "reality". :rolleyes:

Can you open your mind to the possibility that Satan does exist and is misleading the entire earth? How else would you explain the state of mankind?

Lechium
06-18-2003, 10:45 PM
What's wrong with state of mankind?
Wars? Wars had always been around, because conflict is in human nature.

P.S. Satan may exist, but I think you think he's badder than he is... well that's nto important, what is important is what do you think is wrong with mankind?

goddess_bb
06-19-2003, 12:17 AM
Allright this is what pisses me off about religion... so the christans say that the Islams are going to hell and the Islams think the christans are going to hell...can anyone else see how fucking stupid that is...it all a big match of "I'm better than you" when in reality if God is so loving and forgiving anyone who believes in him will go to heaven and who the hell are you to say that one or the other does not believe in God?? Isn't that being rather UNCHRISTAN??? So all you God-fearing people are sitting in Judgement of others...HELLO..isn't that God's job??
Look maybe there is a reason for the increase in Islam could it be that Christanity does tend to be very judgemental, that's why I don't go to church. My church is right in my backyard or in my house where ever I am-- I am worshipping and believing in God!!
And Lech has a point about all the doomsday crap, I don't worry about it anymore cause I know what my relationship with God is, and when it comes it does why waste pecious moments of this life worrying and contemplating about something you have no control over????

creedfan47a
06-19-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm not saying anyone's going to hell, and I would never do so. I'm also not saying that I'm going to heaven, because I don't want to.

mel!ssa
06-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
Lech has a point about all the doomsday crap, I don't worry about it anymore cause I know what my relationship with God is, and when it comes it does why waste pecious moments of this life worrying and contemplating about something you have no control over????

I agree, no use worrying about it. Who wants to live a life of fear? But that doesn't mean Satan isn't out there trying to mislead us. He's out there, but there's no reason to be paranoid about it.

Are you saying, Leech and goddess, that you refuse to believe there is a Devil trying to mislead us simply because you don't want to be afraid? That doesn't make it go away. I believe he's real, but you don't see me living some paranoid excuse for a life.

:angel:

goddess_bb
06-20-2003, 12:37 AM
I am not saying that I do not believe that there is a devil, I believe there is a dark force, satan the devil whatever you call it, but I believe God gave us "free will" and we are only lead to evil when we let ourselves be...

Creedfan...so you believe in God but not in heaven or what?? May I ask??

Lechium
06-20-2003, 04:55 AM
What if God will be in a bad mood on judgment day, and will decide to send everyone to hell just for the fuck of it? I mean he's god, he can do whatever he wants, and dont tell me he wount do it. Dont you, mortals, say what god (ALLmighty by the way) can and cannot do
hahahaha

JulieCitySlicker
06-20-2003, 10:13 AM
What if God will be in a bad mood on judgment day, and will decide to send everyone to hell just for the fuck of it? I mean he's god, he can do whatever he wants, and dont tell me he wount do it. Dont you, mortals, say what god (ALLmighty by the way) can and cannot do
hahahaha I don't think that will happen Lech;) That would just defeat the whole purpose of Jesus dying on the cross for us:angel:

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2003, 11:41 AM
No, God is always in a good mood! Heīs Love! :)

goddess_bb
06-20-2003, 11:56 AM
So if God is always in a good mood, why did he flood the world after Noah built the Ark??

goddess_bb
06-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Hello..he was pissed off....

Lechium
06-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I don't think that will happen Lech;) &nbsp;That would just defeat the whole purpose of Jesus dying on the cross for us:angel:
Please please dont tell god what will and what will not happen. If he wants to throw you in hell, he sure will, regardless of your bible and how you lived yoru life. Come on he is allmighty after all.

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2003, 03:32 PM
So if God is always in a good mood, why did he flood the world after Noah built the Ark??

coz He thought you wouldnīt enter the ark! :lol: Iīm just joking!

Seriously, get your Bible. Open it in Genesis 5 and 6. Youīll see why. The whole world was corrupted, evil and wicked and people, except for Noah and his family, were far away from God.

Peopleīs behavior was self-destructive (sp???).

Lechium
06-20-2003, 04:08 PM
And how do we know that this is true? Because bible tells us that this is the way it was?
Yeah I heard that they found remains of some ship on some mountain.. but lets face it -- there are several million different species of animals (almost million different species of insects), and no way in hell did Noah collected 2 of each. I mean how did he get 2 penguins?!
And dont tell me they evolved from what he collected. Evolutions is kinda slow.

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2003, 06:05 PM
I donīt think he collected insects...

Lol, Lechium! About penguins... donīt tell me youīre expecting Noah to put a whale in the ark too?! I mean, a pair of each kind of whale...and sharks...and dolphins...and marlins!!! boy, that was a huge boat! :lol: Not to mention the water they need to survive!

Lechium
06-20-2003, 06:54 PM
2N30°14'?.7 W84°: I think fish can survive flood pretty well, so he needed only ground animals.
And if he did not put penguins in the arc, how did they appear? Dont tell me that some random bird evolved into penguin in few thousand years, cuz that's impossible.

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2003, 09:14 PM
doh... itīs the same thing. I think the penguins stayed in Antartica and giant icebergs... details like this arenīt relevant to our salvation. The Bible put only the necessairy.

Lechium
06-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Ok, what about animals native to America's? Like Buffalo and stuff? How did they survive teh great flood?

Detaisl are important, cuz details like this show where Bible stops showing historical facts, and starts telling myths.

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2003, 11:20 PM
I beg to differ. Youīre trying to put words in my mouth and you know thatīs not what I meant.

Anyway, I believe the buffalos were in the ark too

goddess_bb
06-21-2003, 01:50 AM
hmmm....my point was that the arc was an example of God being pissed off...which you confirmed he was..that's all...

Lech-you can be logical till you wear yourself out...again..Faith is not logical, we feel our lives are fuller because of our faith and nothing you argue is going to change that...faith is a powerful and incrediable thing and how are we hurting you by having it??

Lechium
06-21-2003, 08:03 AM
I dont mind you having faith.
A lot of people say that things Bible says are all true, and their proof of that is that Bible does mention few historically correct facts.
However sometimes Bible turns into collection of folklore, like whoel Arc thing. Few dozen Titanics wouldnt hold 2 of each species. And even if you build arc that big, and collect all millions of these species, they will die out, because of severe inbreeding. In other words -- story of Noah and his arc cannot be true, but rather is a legend.
Bottomline: have faith all you want. But be sure that it doesnt hinder yoru ability to see things clearly and soberly.

goddess_bb
06-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Fair enough, Lech you have a point. I personally do not feel like my faith hinders my ability to see things clearly. Of course I am not a big follower of the bible..I have heard that the bible was re-written and some of the things that people take as the word of God in actuality is the fabrication of a few men..I do believe there is alot of truth to be found in the bible but like anything else in life to be taken with a grain of salt so to speak.

Bridge of Clay
06-22-2003, 12:44 AM
God wasnīt pissed when He sent the flood.

He did for love of those who who were just and for love of the wicked, coz they were miserable.

Anyway, I saw a Washingnton Post article on the guy who found out where Titanic was and he said there are lots of proofs on Noahīs ark and flood.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 12:48 AM
So he killed lots of people as an act of love? Killing newborn babies is an act of love? Holy shit, you Christians crack me up.

Bridge of Clay
06-22-2003, 05:30 PM
:rolleyes:

why do you think not everybody is going to Heaven? Do you think that people who do evil will be happy up there???

Lechium
06-22-2003, 05:37 PM
I wasnt talking about going to heaven... where did you read that?!

You said that flooding and killing hunderds of thousands of people was an act of love. All I said that that was too fucked up act to be an act of love.

Bridge of Clay
06-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Dude, are you THAT slow???

Itīs the same thing. After the saints go to Heaven, the Earth will be destroyed by Fire and God will re-do it again to the saved ones.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 07:33 PM
now THAT sounds like a fairy tale

Bridge of Clay
06-22-2003, 08:24 PM
youīre really boring :goodnight:

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:07 PM

Because "the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. . . . The earth became filled with violence" (Genesis 6:5, 11).

God commissioned Noah to warn the wicked people that destruction was coming. He did this for 120 years - that's how long the people had to turn back from their bad ways.

One of God's dominant qualities is justice. It would not have been just of him to allow the wicked to continue on as they were. He gave them ample warning of the judgment to come, and most of them ignored it.

Even though God is love, it does not mean he turns his back on wickedness. He shows anger, always in a controlled manner, but is always ready to show mercy to those who repent.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Creedfan...so you believe in God but not in heaven or what?? May I ask??

Yes, you may ask. I believe in God, and I also believe in heaven, but I'm not going there when I die. I don't believe that heaven is a reward for anyone who is "good". I also don't believe that when bad people die, they go to hell to suffer for eternity.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 09:10 PM
2creedfan47a: you seem to know bible pretty well, maybe you can tell me how Nah has fit several million animals on his arc?

Bridge of Clay
06-22-2003, 09:11 PM
I agree with Bec!

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:13 PM
2creedfan47a: you seem to know bible pretty well, maybe you can tell me how Nah has fit several million animals on his arc?

First, it was Noah, not Nah. ;) How are the logisitics of all the animals on the Ark important to me? The facts that we need to know (ie, why the Flood came, etc) were given to us, and that is fine by me. I don't need to know all the minute details to believe. I suppose you now want to start a debate about exactly how Jesus fed thousands with only a few loaves and fishes?

Lechium
06-22-2003, 09:31 PM
That's not minute detail at all.
If bible says that Noah had 2 of EACH animal, and in actuality he'd have hard time getting (and feeding) more than few hundred, doesnt it mean that there's something wrong in the book?
Come on use some logic.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:44 PM
If you're going to be condescending, then I won't continue this with you. I'm fine if we're having a civilised debate, but you don't have to get like that.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:04 PM
I am trying to have civilized debate.
I ask you "how he fit all animals there?" and you tell me "not important, minute detail"...
answer my question, please

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Okay, I DON'T KNOW HOW ALL THE ANIMALS GOT IN THE ARK. But it is not important to ME. What is important to me is the significance of the Flood. If you want to nitpick over all the details that are left out of the Bible, then that's up to you.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:24 PM
That's not nitpicking.
That's looking at something peopel hold for a fact and going "hey that is just outrageous, and makes no sence".
It can mean to you anything.
Trash can behing K-Mart can be an alien spaceship in someone's mind, but that doesnt make it so.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Well, you asked that question, I gave you my answer. Sorry if it is not to your liking.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:32 PM
So your answer actually is "there are things in the bible that hardly make any sence, but I still choose to follow it, just because it means so much to me".
Well alright.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:36 PM
My answer is "God gave us in the Bible everything we need to know. Considering God created the heavens and the earth, I hardly think it is past his abilities to get some animals in a box. I believe that the Bible is the truth, and I don't need to know every single thing that has happened since the beginning of time to believe that."

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:40 PM
you are perfect example of person with blind faith.
well at least it seems to work for you.

p.s. if someone ever asks you if you're follower or a leader, just say "follower", ok?

p.p.s. i'm neither btw

p.p.p.s. hope i havet afended you or something. if i did -- oh well sorry

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:44 PM
On the contrary, I have my eyes wide open. ;) It's working great for me, thanks. :D

Yes, I am a follower. A follower of Jesus. ;) Seems to me like you are a follower of sorts too.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Humm and what do I follow?

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Whatever is not the norm. Whatever goes against the typical way of thinking. Whatever pisses the general public off. Shall I go on, or do you get my point?

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:00 PM
being christian is a norm?
oh really?

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, that's not really what I was saying, but I guess so - "Christendom has been counted as the world's largest religion, even outnumbering such popular religions as Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam."

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:07 PM
even largest it would be like 10-20% of worlds population.
hardly the norm
being illitarate is norm

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 11:13 PM
........riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm just saying that you seem to go against everything "typical" and so I think that makes you a follower.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:17 PM
follower is someone who follows certain people, or idea presented by certain people.
who do i follow?
and "people who are againt eveything" isnt right answer, trust me.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 11:20 PM
I guess if I said Hitler, that would be out of line? ;)

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:23 PM
did i ever harm anyone?

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Forget I said it. :rolleyes: I'm going to lunch.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:26 PM
bon appetit

Bridge of Clay
06-23-2003, 01:42 AM
lechium, whatīs your issue with Christianity? Or do you go to muslim or budist boards to pick on them too ? no offense!

:)

Lechium
06-23-2003, 01:57 AM
Buddism is one of better mainstream religions, so I like them somewhat
I dont know enough about Islam to talk about them
so now

creedfan47a
06-23-2003, 01:58 AM
You didn't answer Marcos' question about your issue with Christianity...

Lechium
06-23-2003, 02:26 AM
oh
it's too dogmatic

Bridge of Clay
06-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Yeah, but you talk about Christianity without knowing enough too...

creedfan47a
06-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Good point Marcos. ;)

mel!ssa
06-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Trash can behing K-Mart can be an alien spaceship in someone's mind, but that doesnt make it so.

Are you dissing KMart? :lol: :lol:

StrubesGuitar
06-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Lech, u can't bash smthg u don't know enough about. All i've heard is alotta hasty generalization w/o solid references.

alive_in_Jesus
07-24-2003, 12:57 AM
The world is becoming more and more evil, no doubt bout it Lech....

Does it not mention in the Bible that in the end times that the world will be a very ugly, corrupt place?

creedfan47a
07-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Yep, 2 Timothy 3:1-5: "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

And Matthew 24:6-8, 12, 14, when Jesus' disciples asked him what would be the sign of the conclusion of the system of things: "You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars... For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress... and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off... And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

Lechium
07-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by alive_in_Jesus
The world is becoming more and more evil, no doubt bout it Lech....

Does it not mention in the Bible that in the end times that the world will be a very ugly, corrupt place?
Words isnt becomming an evil place at all.
There were always fucked up things in this life.
Look in history.
If anything world is more tolerant and peaceful than it ever was.
It used to be much worse even 100 years ago.

Samuel
07-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Why do you call yourself lechium?

ZION1010
07-26-2003, 11:31 PM
This GUY IS looking at Life out a darkend eye I pray the lord has mercy up on him. because the devil is the father of lies so take off his eyes.

mel!ssa
07-27-2003, 04:55 AM
:confused: Nothing you say makes sense to me, Zion1010.

Lechium
07-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ZION1010
This GUY &nbsp;IS looking &nbsp;at Life &nbsp;out a darkend eye I pray the lord &nbsp; has mercy up on him. because the devil is the father of lies so take off his eyes.
Dude you dont make sence lol
I'm saying -- things now arent so bad, cuz they used to be worse.
You're saying -- world is becomeing a dark place and armageddon is near.
And I am one who looks as this world with a dark eye?

Lechium
07-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Samuel
Why do you call yourself lechium?
I'ts a good song by Dredg.

BTW I went to that tournament the other day. My friend registered me there, and as he didnt know my last name he registered me as Victor Lechium lol

mel!ssa
07-28-2003, 02:16 AM
Lech, saying that Armageddon is coming doesn't mean you have a dark outlook on the world or a negative view of the future. It's actually a good thing! It means changes for the better, crap gotten rid of... it's a good thing! :D

Can i just ask why you think times are better now than they were before? Haven't you heard all the little old ladies saying (old croaky voice) 'oh, people aren't how they used to be... back in the old days we could sleep in our front yard and leave the door unlocked and everyone knew everyone else, all the neighbours were friends and would look after each other etc...'

Lechium
07-28-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by mel!ssa
Can i just ask why you think times are better now than they were before? &nbsp;Haven't you heard all the little old ladies saying (old croaky voice) &nbsp;'oh, people aren't how they used to be... back in the old days we could sleep in our front yard and leave the door unlocked and everyone knew everyone else, all the neighbours were friends and would look after each other etc...'
Old ladies ALWAYS say that. And leaving yoru doors open, wasnt safe even 100 years ago exept for very few places (by the way there still are plases like that).
It's human nature to concentrate on the nagative aspect of change, and quietly swallow that good changes.

Internet had simplified our lives a lot: need to look ANYTHIGN up -- it's few clicks away. wanna communicate with peopel accorss teh globe? Find/book hotels fast? etc. However you hear a lot of people saying how internet is used to steal stuff, fraud, to corrupt people, etc.

World did change for teh better, because while hunger is still an issue, it is on much smaller scale. Because it's been over 50 years since a massive war, which is a big rarity if you look in the history. Because in many countries you can walk out on the street and say "i'm gay" and not get killed on the spot.

If you compare Europe 200 years ago with Europe now, than I guarantee you you'd choose to live now (unless you could be a way upper class 200 years ago).

alive_in_Jesus
07-29-2003, 01:10 AM
I think it is the people who are getting worse though...so selfish and self-centered...fame is so important now, people gradifying themselves, and wondering how they can make themselves worthy of something...

I used to struggle with that a lot-who am I? what am I worth? -spent long hours wondering

mel!ssa
07-30-2003, 04:24 AM
You didn't hear about someone shooting someone else's eye off and getting off scot free, or two lesbians chopping up a transvestite to bits and burying him in different places, or a bunch of guys torturing innocent people before chopping them up and leaving them to rot in barrels, or little kids being chained up and burnt by their parents, or known pedophiles being allowed to live next to primary schools, or guys breaking in to people's houses so he can stare at the naked little girls... you didn't hear about this sort of stuff back then. Society's injustice, and people's selfishness and lack of love has definetely gotten worse.

JulieCitySlicker
07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
That is so true Melissa:(

Lechium
07-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by mel!ssa
You didn't hear about someone shooting someone else's eye off and getting off scot free, or two lesbians chopping up a transvestite to bits and burying him in different places, or a bunch of guys torturing innocent people before chopping them up and leaving them to rot in barrels, or little kids being chained up and burnt by their parents, or known pedophiles being allowed to live next to primary schools, or guys breaking in to people's houses so he can stare at the naked little girls... you didn't hear about this sort of stuff back then. &nbsp;Society's injustice, and people's selfishness and lack of love has definetely gotten worse.
Oh I'm not sayig that these things dont happen. They sure as hell do, and always will.
What I am saying is that these things happen at slower rate than they used to.

mel!ssa
07-30-2003, 11:06 PM
What makes you think that? That they happen at a slower rate than they used to? Certainly not in my experience, i may not be that old but things weren't this bad even when i was little.

Lechium
07-30-2003, 11:24 PM
I was (and still am to a lesser degree) into history.
Things that were concidered common, and trivial back in a day are now concidered to be an outrage.
I'm not talking about 10 years ago. I'm talking about 500-1000 years ago.

StrubesGuitar
08-03-2003, 11:25 PM
the answer is entropy. According to the 2nd law o' thermodynamics, everything is in a state of entropy(disorder).
this entropy also picks up speed,and it has to do with the world in the sense of its populus, people get worse: in actions, in health, in relationships. You may ask for proof or source, but just look around, it's happening so fast u can't stop it, as our country and world has fallen away from God, it becomes worse. Like Fred Durst says, "I know why u wanna hate me, cause hate is all the world has every seen lately."

creedfan47a
08-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Let's not bring Fred Durst into this..... :puke: :vomit: