Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Christians [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Christians

Samuel
06-11-2003, 02:37 PM
How many of you out there believe in your hearts that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and confess with your tongue that Jesus Christ is Lord.Say amen. Amen thats me.Thank you.

Lechium
06-11-2003, 03:23 PM
I read a book in which it's written thet he died the way you describe it.
I also read a book in which wolf tried to trick a little girl, who was wearing a red hat, by dressing up like her grandma.

JulieCitySlicker
06-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
I also read a book in which wolf tried to trick a little girl, who was wearing a red hat, by dressing up like her grandma. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:I hope you like hot places Lech cuz that is where you'll end up with your attitude;)

Lechium
06-11-2003, 08:35 PM
I am in SoCali right now and it is pretty hot here, so I had already ended up in a hot place.
And I dont think it will get any hotter just because I dissagree with some old book.

Higher_Desire
06-11-2003, 10:04 PM
I also read a book in which wolf tried to trick a little girl, who was wearing a red hat, by dressing up like her grandma.

Little Red Riding Hood is a PROVEN work of fiction. It doesn't prove a damn thing, nor does it have any historical significance or views that could be used for anything. I believe in the Bible, I believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world because he was and will be the only one perfect enough to do so. Amazingly, he died for you too, Leech. As well as all the murderers, rapists, liars, thieves, do-gooders, as well as anyone else you can name. Wheather or not the Bible is true, I don't care. I believe it to be true, and don't care what others say. Now, you may believe in Little Red Riding Hood, but I've never heard of scientists finding evidence that backs up that book or the talking wolf.

H-D

StrubesGuitar
06-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Dude, SoCali is AWESOME. it is pretty hot there, but i love it. But the Bible isn't just "some old book". It's a worldwide bestseller of the ages, it's been on top forever. The Bible has been tried to be proven wrong, but that has never succeeded. The Bible itself claims every part of it sound and correct and void if proven wrong.

Lechium
06-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Little Red Riding Hood is a PROVEN work of fiction. It doesn't prove a damn thing, nor does it have any historical significance or views that could be used for anything. I believe in the Bible, I believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world because he was and will be the only one perfect enough to do so. Amazingly, he died for you too, Leech. As well as all the murderers, rapists, liars, thieves, do-gooders, as well as anyone else you can name. Wheather or not the Bible is true, I don't care. I believe it to be true, and don't care what others say. Now, you may believe in Little Red Riding Hood, but I've never heard of scientists finding evidence that backs up that book or the talking wolf.

H-D

Well what about Egyptian mythology? It was never proven to be fiction, should I belive it too? Along with other long head religions? I mean they make claims a lot like Bible, and they did do some prohhesies which came true.

BTW who the hell was actually PROVING Little Red Ridign Hood to be fiction? haha

2StrubesGuitar: Quiran (aka Koran) will outsell Bible in near future. Believe it or not. It's hard to belive, but it's true.

StrubesGuitar
06-11-2003, 10:45 PM
But it still hasn't outsold it. The Bible has 500 more years of print time on it and there are more christians in the world than muslims.
It will be impossible to outsell it.

StrubesGuitar
06-11-2003, 10:46 PM
How will it outsell it then?

Bridge of Clay
06-12-2003, 12:01 AM
doh...

if you follow the curve on a graphic, that´s most likely leechium. But there´s a reason for it: muslins countries are the most populated countries (except for India, China, Russia, USA and Brazil).

They have strict laws, and they procreate more often than Western World.

It´s not a matter of faith. (Coran outselling Bible)

But...

fact: a Bible is sold every 2 seconds.

Lechium
06-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
But it still hasn't outsold it. The Bible has 500 more years of print time on it and there are more christians in the world than muslims.
It will be impossible to outsell it.

Islam is the fastest growing religion.

In Englands there more practicing muslims than Christians.

Think about that for a second. Traditionally Catholic countries like Philippines are moving towards Islam. Musim population is growin in US faster than you think it does. Islam will outnumber Christianty within 50 years, and that's almost a fact.

Surprised? Well it doesnt get much media attention, and most peopel associate muslime world with arab counties, but it's far larger that that. I am from Russia, traditionally very strongly Orthodox country. Islam is growing there like crazy. Hell here is SoCali I know dozens muslims, we even have Islamic Church (what's it called? Masque? not sure of spelling) next to campus.

Higher_Desire
06-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Well what about Egyptian mythology? It was never proven to be fiction, should I belive it too? Along with other long head religions? I mean they make claims a lot like Bible, and they did do some prohhesies which came true.

BTW who the hell was actually PROVING Little Red Ridign Hood to be fiction? haha

2StrubesGuitar: Quiran (aka Koran) will outsell Bible in near future. Believe it or not. It's hard to belive, but it's true.

You don't have to "believe" in it as in, claim it as your faith, but I never said it wasn't true. However, LRRH was proved wrong when the author has said it was fiction (meaning fake) and the fact that it is agreed upon by society as a whole, or at least the 99% who believe it is. We have no proof that egyptian mythology is fiction, but at the same time, we don't have proof that it is non-fiction. Society has not agreed upon that like we have LRRH.

In short, if you don't believe in Christianity, I don't care, but you shouldn't bash it. You shouldn't claim things as falseness, or imply falseness, when you don't believe in it. I don't believe in Islamic religion, Catholicism, or Egyptian mythology, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. I don't bash them, but I don't claim them as right at the same time. Kind of like how it is useless for you to post negative stuff about Creed, when you're not a fan yet a member of the board.

H-D

Unforgiven Fan
06-12-2003, 06:50 PM
from what I experienced a couple of months ago, yes......

StrubesGuitar
06-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Lech, u can't have "almost facts" and state them like they are. Christianity started around 30 AD. Islam started about 500 years after that. It's not like the growth of Christianity has stopped either, it is steadily increasing along w/Islam; it's not like it's at a dead stop.

JulieCitySlicker
06-13-2003, 11:07 PM
<b>Lech, u can't have "almost facts" and state them like they are. Christianity started around 30 AD. Islam started about 500 years after that. It's not like the growth of Christianity has stopped either, it is steadily increasing along w/Islam; it's not like it's at a dead stop. </b> Thats right:angel: Christianity is growing everyday:)

Lechium
06-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Thats right:angel: &nbsp;Christianity is growing everyday:)

Sorry, but (Christianity)dt < (Islam)dt =) In other words Christianity is gowring but slower than Islam.

Marty
06-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Nothing against muslims, but the main reason it is on such a growth is because people are using it as a way out of violence, using it as a way to protest wars and such. That is a fact. What you believe or don't believe is up to you, the fact that I believe in God, and that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead 3 days later, is a fact I believe. Its call faith. Wheither you believe or not, I can't make you.

You know Lech, you like to make fun of other people, and all that stuff, but when it comes to you being questioned, and people trying to offend you, you get on the defensive about it any whine. If you dish it, prepare to recieve back.
________
WETwetclit cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/WETwetclit)

mysacrifice411
06-14-2003, 01:44 AM
I'd like to quote some band now...

"The mouths of envious always find another door,
while at the gates of paradise they beat us down some more."

I am a Christian. Christ died for all of us, even you, Lech, whether you like it or not.

Lechium
06-14-2003, 02:58 AM
I'm fine with peopel getting back at me.
It's funny.
lol

JulieCitySlicker
06-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Sorry, but (Christianity)dt < (Islam)dt =) In other words Christianity is gowring but slower than Islam. And how do you know this:rolleyes:

Lechium
06-14-2003, 02:22 PM
I did some reasearch on that topic. Also read post I had above, about England having more praciticng muslims than christians, that shousl mean a lot. Just cuz you dont like that fact doesnt make it untrue.

JulieCitySlicker
06-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Who really cares about England:rolleyes:Although, I do have a friend there, Who is christian by the way:D

Lechium
06-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Who really cares about England:rolleyes:Although, I do have a friend there, Who is christian by the way:D
Noone cares about Englad, yeah.
But when a traditionally Christian country like England is not so Christian anymore, but rather Muslim, it shows the extend of how Islam has grown. That's it.
Islam is growing in America pretty damn fast too, btw. Just media chooses to ignore it.

StrubesGuitar
06-15-2003, 08:47 PM
It's just one country!!!!!! Who gives a rip? I'd like to see some stats on that "Islam is growing in america pretty darn fast too".

Lechium
06-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I posted link to an article about similar stuff in other thread.
It's gorwing faster in Old World (Europe/Asia/Afrika) than it does in America, so far.
But just give it time, and it wil overrun Christianity. Like it or not. (damn)

mel!ssa
06-16-2003, 03:13 AM
What's with you and the sudden "Islam this" and "Islam that" in every single thread lately?

Lechium
06-16-2003, 03:19 AM
Dunno lol
It speards fast as infestation of cockaroaches.
Sorta scares me.

mel!ssa
06-16-2003, 03:34 AM
Yes well i'm sure it started spreading just seconds before you got freaked about it :rolleyes: surely it's been increasing for some time now? Why are you going on about it all of a sudden now? Like are you doing research or something?

JulieCitySlicker
06-16-2003, 11:55 AM
I really could care less about the Islamic faith, there religion is based on hatred and lies:mad:

Lechium
06-16-2003, 03:55 PM
I really could care less about the Islamic faith, there religion is based on hatred and lies:mad:
Have you read Quiran?
I read passages and it not as violent as people say it is.
Many people do not understand fundamentals of Islam (along with Satanims and other religions) and see them in much darker light than thay really are.
It's called ignorance, Julie.

JulieCitySlicker
06-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Hmm...really:rolleyes:So the 9/11 attacks weren't really that violent huh:rolleyes:

Lechium
06-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Hmm...really:rolleyes:So the 9/11 attacks weren't really that violent huh:rolleyes:

I compared above KKK and Al Quida, as 2 groups that used religion as a cover up of their activites, but areally are missing the point of their holy books.

You cant judge whole religion by actions of few fanatics.

P.S. some Christians fanatics kill gay people just because Bible says that being gay is wrong. Does that make Christianity religion that preaches hate? No. Hope you're getting my point.

JulieCitySlicker
06-16-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm not saying that every christian is good:P I know that every religion has its extremists:( I personally have no problem with gay people as long as they aren't trying to get me involved in it.

mel!ssa
06-16-2003, 08:26 PM
I don't think it's right to be going on about how all Muslims are evil or whatever, Julie. Leech is right, the people who blow up buildings and whatever are extremists. What about the poor people who are just trying to do what's right, and they happen to believe Islam is right? There are tons of people in all different religions who just do the best they can, and God can see in their hearts if they're just trying to do what's right, and he will judge them accordingly. It's not up to us to judge, we know the extremists are wrong, but don't say every Muslim is hateful. I don't believe that a lot of people on this board have the right religion, but i'm not going around saying youse are all wrong, wrong, wrong, and evil and hateful, i just think youse are misguided (through no fault of your own), and God can see if you're trying to do what's right or not.

Do you consider yourself Christian Julie? Cos Lech is also right when he says that the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. Yet you are ok with it?

Please don't take offense at any of this, I'm just stating my own viewpoint cos i don't think it's right to blame a whole religion, made up of a whole lot of innocent confused people, just because of some idiots. And maybe you're not Christian, and you don't care about the whole gay thing, and I'm going to shut up now. :D

JulieCitySlicker
06-16-2003, 09:01 PM
I just agreed to all of that Melissa:angel: The thing about gay people is that I do believe it is wrong because Yes I am a christian but I don't judge people for being gay. I have a cousin that is gay and I am very close to him:) I don't like it that he is gay but I axcept it and I axcept him for who he is.

StrubesGuitar
06-17-2003, 12:02 AM
DARN THE GAYS(sorry julielovescreed). I THINK GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE THE NASTIEST PEOPLE TO ROAM THE EARTH(besides marylin manson and other "interesting individuals).
God says it is a sin. America's morals have turned from their founding fathers' earlier ways. NOW IT'S ALLOWED! People are okay w/it, cool w/it:BUT IT'S JUST DOWNRIGHT NASTY! SICK! DISGUSTING! and abortion, don't even get me started.

In the Koran, they are commanded to wipe the earth of the "infidels". That's everyone but them! But yes, i do believe the attacks were done by extremists. The normal muslim person wouldnt do that. I am not mad at the muslims whatsoever, just the extremists.

But those particular Christians shouldn't be committing hate crimes like u said. I believe that's wrong, the killing, but the gays are also wrong, for choosing a lifestyle of sick, nasty infatuation for their own gender.

Yeah

Lechium
06-17-2003, 12:33 AM
2StrubesGuitar: You are sick. Being gay is not a choice. At some point people stop being attracted to opposite sex, and start being attracted to same one. Actually, most of them much rather be hedero, because of fuckheads like you. Some pretend to be straight, even get hederosexual famulies, suppressing their true feelings. It is great that world is slowly moving towards understanding of these people, and it is sad that there are people like you, who hate these people just because book told them that it's wrong.

P.S. This is 1st time on this boards, that I am actually pissed off.

Samuel
06-17-2003, 12:36 AM
I do hate the sin but I dont hate the people.Some of them are crying out for the Lord to save them.So that is why I love all people no matter who they are and what they do.Thank you.

JulieCitySlicker
06-17-2003, 02:52 PM
<b>DARN THE GAYS(sorry julielovescreed). I THINK GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE THE NASTIEST PEOPLE TO ROAM THE EARTH(besides marylin manson and other "interesting individuals). &nbsp;
God says it is a sin. America's morals have turned from their founding fathers' earlier ways. NOW IT'S ALLOWED! People are okay w/it, cool w/it:BUT IT'S JUST DOWNRIGHT NASTY! SICK! DISGUSTING! and abortion, don't even get me started. &nbsp;

In the Koran, they are commanded to wipe the earth of the "infidels". That's everyone but them! But yes, i do believe the attacks were done by extremists. The normal muslim person wouldnt do that. I am not mad at the muslims whatsoever, just the extremists.

But those particular Christians shouldn't be committing hate crimes like u said. I believe that's wrong, the killing, but the gays are also wrong, for choosing a lifestyle of sick, nasty infatuation for their own gender. &nbsp;

Yeah </b> Hate the sin...love the sinner:angel:

Lechium
06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Hate the sin...love the sinner:angel:
Nah, he seems like the type of guy who would disown his kid if he/she became gay.

P.S. Am I only person who envies gays/lesbians in a way? They get to date people of same sex, which means that for them it's much easier to understand their parner. Girls are complete mystery to me and all of my friends, for example. Gays dont have to face such problem. So there is a perk to being gay/lesbian, few people manage to see.

Steve
06-17-2003, 03:39 PM
But what fun is dating/marriage if you don't spend time trying to figure your mate/spouse out? :)

Lechium
06-17-2003, 03:46 PM
lol
Well less fighting and drama? Although lesbian couplesmay have loads of drama if both girls are drama queens lol

Steve
06-17-2003, 04:17 PM
LOL - Yea, now that I see as being a big problem.

The Lithium
06-17-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm not christian, but I do believe in Creed. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in Creed. so...For me it is: Creed=Gods, and I'm happy with it and no one can change it! (Yeah, I'm damn serious!!

Samuel
06-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Lechium I have been around transvestites and they are sad because they of how people use and abuse them just for lust.I was sad how many strictly sexual relationships they had when they told me they wanted something more.If my daughter were a lesbian I would have to love her as much as I love them because Jesus loves us all no matter what we have done and I`ve done far worse.Amen!

JenRN
06-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
I'm not christian, but I do believe in Creed. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in Creed. so...For me it is: Creed=Gods, and I'm happy with it and no one can change it! (Yeah, I'm damn serious!!
That is kindda scary:eek: I don't think the band would want you to worship them as gods, I mean REALLY!:bigeyes:

JulieCitySlicker
06-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I agree Jen:eek: Making ordanary people as a God:confused: I mean don't get me wrong, the guys are great but they are only human:angel: People sometimes are gonna fail you:(

Samuel
06-17-2003, 11:39 PM
God made people,music and thoughts.So dont worship the creation worship the Creator,God.

JulieCitySlicker
06-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Samuel
God made people,music and thoughts.So dont worship the creation worship the Creator,God. You said it Samuel:dancing:

Samuel
06-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Thank you,and love the Lord with all your heart,soul,and mind.God bless you.

JulieCitySlicker
06-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Thank you,and love the Lord with all your heart,soul,and mind.God bless you. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Lechium
06-18-2003, 08:21 PM
God made people,music and thoughts.So dont worship the creation worship the Creator,God.
If god created thoughts, how come my thoughts say he doesnt exist in Biblical way? Why did he creates such thoughs? I think I created these thoughs.

P.S. Please dont start talking about free will. If there is free will than we created out own thoughts, not god, tight?

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 09:16 PM
God does not create our thoughts. Sorry Lech, but he did give us free will. We can think what we like. You choose not to believe in God. That is you using your free will. Same with homosexuals. They use their free will to live like that, even though it is a perversion of the natural use of our bodies. And that's somewhere in the Greek Scriptures, I forget where exactly. ;)

Samuel
06-18-2003, 09:52 PM
You didnt think those things satan did.Good things are from God bad things are from satan.You listen to satan because you prefer not to listen to God.

Lechium
06-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
Same with homosexuals. &nbsp;They use their free will to live like that, even though it is a perversion of the natural use of our bodies.
You are quiet wrong there. People dont choose to be gay. They dont wake up one mornign and say -- "Hey maybe I should be gay? Alright!". They feel more attracted to same sex, it's what they want on unconcious level. So that's got nothing to dow with free will.
Also homosexuality is as neatural as it goes -- most other mamals have gay animals too. Many dogs I've seen are bisexual.

You didnt think those things satan did.Good things are from God bad things are from satan.

And only way to find out what's "good" and what's "bad" is to read one old book. That is the only ting that can tell us (and always be right!!!) what is good and what is bad. Right? Ok, now everything is perfectly clear to me. This is so simple... all answers are in one book! How can this possibly be wrong?!

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 10:16 PM
If you take a look at people who live their lives according to the standards set out in the Bible, you will see that they avoid a lot of trouble and heartache. You may not agree that the Bible is the truth, but you can't deny the fact that it has the power to change people's lives for the better.

Lechium
06-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Agreed.
But if people lived accoding to teachings of Confucious we'd be avoid a lot of trouble too. Same goes for many other religions -- Bhuddism, Hinduism, etc.
The whole "be nice to others" attitude is preached all over teh world, you know.

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 10:27 PM
The basis of true Christianity is not just "be nice to others". :rolleyes: Sure, that can be good, but it's not exactly going to fulfill your spiritual need, right?

Lechium
06-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Depends on a person.
Dogmatic religions would defently not fullfill my spirtual need, as they give absolute "no's" everytime I try to veer of path dogma has chosen to be "right" one.

Samuel
06-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Lechium you have allowed something to control you,from the inside you may not be aware of its presence.

StrubesGuitar
06-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Everybody, i am sorry for my extremely mean comments pointed toward certain people. I just hate what they are doing, i don't hate them. That is what i should have said. I just lost it and was being stupid. So sorry bout that. I ask for everybody's forgiveness. I messed up.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Dude it's mostly Christians on thsi boards.
And as you know they usually offer condemnation (forgivness, despite what their book says, is not strong side of Christianity).
So forgiveness is not an option, my gay bashing friend.
haha

StrubesGuitar
06-23-2003, 10:36 PM
What?

creedfan47a
06-23-2003, 10:38 PM
I think he's trying to make his "point" by saying that you are not forgiven for your comments because he thinks Christianity is not a forgiving religion. :rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
06-23-2003, 10:54 PM
BOO YA!

creedfan47a
06-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Ummm..... okay! ;)

Samuel
06-24-2003, 03:29 AM
I forgive him and I know Jesus forgives him.Thats what Christianity is all about,forgiveness from condemnation. Amen.

souldancer
06-27-2003, 08:24 PM
<b>The whole "be nice to others" attitude is preached all over teh world, you know. </b> Yes it is - all across the planet..

Native Spirituality
We are as much alive as we keep the earth alive. Chief Dan George

Baha'i Faith
Lay not on any soul a load that you would not wish to be laid upon you,
and desire not for anyone the things you would not desire for yourself.
Baha'u'llah, Gleanings

Buddhism
Treat not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.
The Buddha, Udana-Varga 5.1

Christianity
In everything, do to others as you would have them do to you;
for this is the law and the prophets. Jesus, Matthew 7:12

Confucianism
One word which sums up the basis of all good conduct....loving-kindness.
Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself. Confucius, Analects 15.23

Hinduism
This is the sum of duty: do not do to others what would cause pain if done to you. Mahabharata 5:1517

Islam
Not one of you truly believes until you wish for others
what you wish for yourself.
The Prophet Muhammad, 13th of the 40 Hadiths of Nawawi

Jainism
One should treat all creatures in the world as one would like to be treated.
Mahavira, Sutrakritanga

Judaism
What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbour. This is the whole Torah;
all the rest is commentary. Go and learn it. Hillel, Talmud, Shabbath 31a

Sikhism
I am a stranger to no one; and no one is a stranger to me.
Indeed, I am a friend to all. Guru Granth Sahib, pg. 1299

Taoism
Regard your neighbour's gain as your own gain and your neighbour's loss
as your own loss. Lao Tzu, T'ai Shang Kan Ying P'ien, 213-218

Unitarianism
We affirm and promote respect for the interdependent web of all existence
of which we are a part. Unitarian principle

Zoroastrianism
Do not do unto others whatever is injurious to yourself.
Shayast-na-Shayast 13.29

Let Love replace hate...Here's to sending loving intentions to all people...no matter their race, creed, class, sexual preference or other indviduality. It's a very old global concept.

If we take the world’s enduring religions at their best,
we discover the distilled wisdom of the human race.
-Huston Smith

CollectiveSoul
06-28-2003, 04:51 PM
religion bores me.....

alive_in_Jesus
07-24-2003, 12:34 AM
Amen Samuel!:)

DangerousDan85
07-25-2003, 12:53 AM
Amen CollectiveSoul, lol ;)

creedfan47a
07-25-2003, 10:18 PM
You heathen, you. ;) :P

RMadd
08-08-2003, 12:27 AM

Why must you always disrupt these sort of posts? What is your intent? I'm sure you don't like others trying to force their religion(s) upon you, and you likely will not change anytime soon; but, by the same token, those of us who attempt to post in such well-meaning forums as the "Faith/Relgion" forum will not be changed or swayed by negative comments directed at Christians or Christianity. It is my hope that our convictions are reinforced and strengthened by your negativity. "The more you hold us down, the more we press on"--"What If", Creed