Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Trinity or Godhead? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Trinity or Godhead?

Higher_Desire
06-09-2003, 01:34 PM
I was just wondering which most of you believe in and why. The "Trinity" or God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit being one being with 3, shall we say, personalities, or in the "Godhead" the belief in 3 distinctly seperate beings.

I believe in the Godhead. It is hard for me to grasp the concept of one being, 3 in purpose. Seems to me kind of like a Schizophrenic, but that's just my opionion.

H-D

JulieCitySlicker
06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit:angel: God- He created the world and everything in it, gave his only son to take away sin and to give eternal life, new of everything about the world and everything in it before it was even exhistant.

Jesus-For being willing to die even though He could have refused, knowing the exact number of hair that is on our head, He forgives and loves unconditionally,and His mercy is everlasting.

Holy Spirit-Helps to strengthen our spirit being, gives us the knowledge of right from wrong(kinda like conscience) In some cases it warms us ahead of time of danger so we know when somethings wrong.

mysacrifice411
06-09-2003, 03:39 PM
I believe in the Godhead. Mostly all of what Julie said conforms with my beliefs. I believe God is the Divine Father of our Spirits, and sent us to this mortal state so we could obtain physical bodies, certain ordinances (baptism, etc.), knowledge and experience so we could progress and someday return to Him and become like Him.

I believe Christ created the world, under the direction/supervision of the Father, and He willingly Atoned for our sins so we may have opportunity to obtain forgiveness through His atoning blood and infinite mercy. He also died for us and was resurrected so we could someday do the same and have our bodies and spirits reunited. Christ has made it possible for us to conquer both physical and spiritual death, under the Great Plan of our Heavenly Father.

I agree totally with Julie's take on the Holy Spirit.

JulieCitySlicker
06-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by mysacrifice411
I believe in the Godhead.  Mostly all of what Julie said conforms with my beliefs.  I believe God is the Divine Father of our Spirits, and sent us to this mortal state so we could obtain physical bodies, certain ordinances (baptism, etc.), knowledge and experience so we could progress and someday return to Him and become like Him.

I believe Christ created the world, under the direction/supervision of the Father, and He willingly Atoned for our sins so we may have opportunity to obtain forgiveness through His atoning blood and infinite mercy.  He also died for us and was resurrected so we could someday do the same and have our bodies and spirits reunited.  Christ has made it possible for us to conquer both physical and spiritual death, under the Great Plan of our Heavenly Father.

I agree totally with Julie's take on the Holy Spirit. :angel: :angel: :angel: :P

Bridge of Clay
06-09-2003, 10:57 PM
On Genesis 1, we have "Let´s make...", so we can conclude that 2 or more people were creating the world, so I believe Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 3 different beings with one purpose. They´re not the same, but they complete each other!

I´m not going deep on this, I made it short.

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 09:49 PM
The Holy Spirit isn't a person or a being. It is God's active force, the means by which he accomplishes his purposes. For example, at Pentecost 33 CE, when Jesus' disciples were gathered in an upper room after his death, God poured out holy spirit upon them, causing them to be able to speak in tongues.

Marcos, Jesus is described as being God's "Master Worker". He helped God create the earth and everything in it, and also all the spirit creatures. The only thing God created by himself is Jesus, which is why Jesus is referred to as God's only-begotten Son. So, yes, it was God and Jesus creating the heavens and the earth in the beginning. :D

Bridge of Clay
06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
that´s what I said, with more words. :)

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Sorry, I got the impression from your post that you believe the Holy Spirit is a person. :)

RMadd
08-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I believe in the Trinity--Father (most commonly, and mistakenly, referred to as "God": the Father is only a part of God), Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit (the "messenger" part of God). All three are equally part of God; none is more "God" than any other. Thus, it was the whole entity of "God" (and not merely the first division) that created the heavens and the earth. To put it in fewer words, the Godhead that is spoken of (I've never really learned/heard much about it) can be viewed as a collective entity known, as one, as "God."

ZION1010
08-05-2003, 08:02 PM
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS GOD THE SAME WAS THE SAME WAS THE BEGINNING WITH GOD AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH JESUS told his disiples when youve seen me youve seen the father >> GO TO JOHN CH9 >>>56>58 MAY GODS SPRIT OF TRUTH BE YOUR GUIDE

Torn Signs
08-09-2003, 11:21 AM
have any of you ever pointed to anyone? My martial arts instructor taught that if you point, three things come back at you, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I rest my case.

ZION1010
08-09-2003, 01:13 PM
And Jesus Christ Whoam Tho Has Sent Me I Have Glorified thee on earth I have Finshed The work which Tho Gave Me to do And Now O Father Glorify You With me With Thine Own Hand Self With glory Which I had With Thee Before The World was

creedfan47a
08-15-2003, 08:36 AM
BearFan, what basis do you have for believing in the trinity?

And Zion, are you saying you believe in the trinity? I couldn't quite figure it out from your post. But since you are quoting John 1:1, I assume you do believe in the trinity, since that is the scripture most often used by trinitarians to "prove" their point.

ZION1010
08-16-2003, 11:37 PM
IM Not Trintiey Or Or A godhead I Was Somebodey Who Was was Called By The Spirt Of God Not Religon So I Wont Argue About The way People makes thier salvation The God That Moses Spoke To Was Without Name IAM That Iam The Sweet IAM Is Jesus Christ Lord Of All that Consist On earth And In heavean Their Our No Other Gods Beside The Christ Jesus Is Lord And Loves Us All

creedfan47a
08-17-2003, 01:41 AM
So, Zion, do you believe that Jesus IS God?

And I disagree when you say that the God that Moses spoke to was without name. For example, in my Bible, the New World Translation, Exodus 5:1 says "And afterward Moses and Aaron went in and proceeded to say to Pharaoh: "This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said, 'Send my people away that they may celebrate a festival to me in the wilderness.'""

And Exodus 15:1, 2: "At that time Moses and the sons of Israel proceeded to sing this song to Jehovah and to say the following: "Let me sing to Jehovah for he has become highly exalted... This is my God and I shall laud him; my father's God, and I shall raise him on high.""

Therefore, the God that Moses spoke to certainly did have a name. :)

ZION1010
08-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Indeed He Was Called The Jehova God And The God Of Abrahame As Well But These Our names In Which Hes people Gave Him When Moses Asked Him Whats Your Name The Lord Himself Never Give These Names He Was Without Name Iam That Iam He Told Moses As You Read the Bible You Will Find That my Jesus Had many Names Given To Him By The People The Carpterner The Sweet Rose Of Sharon The Prince Of Peace Emanuwel Which Means God Is With You But Jesus Christ Is Above All Other Names Jesus Christ Is King Of Kings And Lord Of Lords There Is No Other Gods Beside Him>> One Of The ten Conmanments Is Tho Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me JESUS CHRIST IS KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS And He Loves Us All

mel!ssa
08-18-2003, 02:29 AM
Zion, it wasn't a name humans gave to him. No human has the right to do that. It was a name God gave to himself:

Exodus 6:2, 3 "And God went on to speak to Moses and to say to him: 'I am Jehovah. And i used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them."

Exodus 3:15 "Then God said once more to Moses: 'This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob , has sent me to you." This is my name to time indefinite"

Isaiah 42:8 " 'I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images."

Jesus isn't God, he's God's Son. He's still important, yes, but you give too much glory to him and not to the true God. Jehovah God gave Jesus the right to rule etc but he is still God's son and we must only worship God.

mysacrifice411
08-18-2003, 12:32 PM
There are many references in the New Testament where Christ talks about fulfilling the work His Father gave him, not the work He gave Himself. Doesn't this prove they are two separate and distinct beings? Also, when Christ was baptized, the voice of God said (paraphrasing) "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." I think that just shows how separate they actually are, although they are definitely one in purpose. Christ, in extreme agony on the cross, cried out "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I don't think he was talking to himself. Christ came here to do the work of Him who sent Him, His (and our) Heavenly Father.

ZION1010
08-18-2003, 06:40 PM
Mysacrifice Jesus christ Teached Inn Many Different Parables To Get His Point Acrossed He Could Not Tell The World who He Was Only by Love And Spirt Would They Know Luke Ch 10>22>24 The Desiples Learned This By Faith Luke24>44 Tells Us jesus Said These Are The Words Which I Spoke Unto You While I Was Yet With You That All Things Must Be Fulfilled Which Were Writtten In The Law Of Moses And In The Prophets And In The Pslams CONCERNING Me And also Go To John >9 >56>58 And The Scripture Which You Spoke Of Mark >1 V>11 And Thier Came A Voice Out Of Heaven Saying This Is My Beloved son Whoam Iam Well Pleased The Voice Which Spoke To Jesus Out Of the heavens was That Of the holy Ghost I could Get Deeper But Im Not On A Lab Top The Father Of Christ Was The Holy Ghost When He Died They Became One Not To Change The way That You Belive Im Just Telling You The Way I Was Chose By My Lord To Belive JESUS IS LORD AND LOVES US ALL

bgivens33
08-20-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>On Genesis 1, we have "Let´s make...", so we can conclude that 2 or more people were creating the world, so I believe Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 3 different beings with one purpose. They´re not the same, but they complete each other!

I´m not going deep on this, I made it short. </b>

This IS true... but there are basically two accepted explanations for this.

One - The anchient world was coming out of a polytheistic belief system... this was thought to be a reason for that.

Two -(the more excepted one) The plural form was thought to be used in the royal sense.

And there is no singular form of "God" in Hebrew. The plural for, Elohim(i probably butchered the spelling, i'm just going off of memory) is the only form.

mel!ssa
08-22-2003, 01:51 AM
Zion - Luke 10:22, 24 says no-one knows who the Father is except the Son, etc. It doesn't say they are the same one. John chapter 9 finishes at verse 41, so i can't very well look up verses 56 and 58. When Jesus got baptized, God sent his holy spirit, his active force upon him in the shape of a dove, then his voice was heard. It was God's voice, not Jesus' or the holy spirits, otherwise the dove would have been talking, not a voice out of heaven... (Luke 3:22)

facelessman
08-26-2003, 12:57 AM
I believe in the Godhead, and i believe that they are one in purpose.