Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Who do u think He is? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Who do u think He is?

StrubesGuitar
06-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Ok, i wanna know what u people think about God. Give logical reasons for saying who u think he is.

Bridge of Clay
06-06-2003, 11:34 PM
God= Creator, Father, Friend, Buddy, Love, Merciful, Everlasting, Peaceful, Wise...

JulieCitySlicker
06-07-2003, 12:21 AM
God is obnipitant creator of the world and everything in it:P He is love, worthy of our everything, created man 's first breath. Sent His son to take away our sins so we can live eternally:angel:

Lechium
06-07-2003, 05:07 AM
Some belive that "god" is a collective coinciousnes, and therefore we all are parts of god, just like cells in our body, might have some independant functions, but in the end are part of us.

DangerousDan85
06-07-2003, 11:34 AM
he's a pretty nice guy, we play raquet ball on the weekends, he takes the games a little too seriously, but other than that, he's cool.

JulieCitySlicker
06-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
he's a pretty nice guy, we play raquet ball on the weekends, he takes the games a little too seriously, but other than that, he's cool. LOL! Dan your to funny:lol: :angel:

StrubesGuitar
06-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Cool. Lech, are u sayin God or god is made up of all of us combined? Because we are sinners, and sinners are not perfect, therefore we are not perfect. And if we are a part of God in our imperfectness, then God cannot be perfect. But then our collective conciousness would not be perfect causing a sort of chaos. The world has been created perfectly. Check to see what would happen if the moon were revolving a couple feet out of its axis. There are other numerous ways u can check. Only someone perfect could create something perfect. But some believe that this "collective conciousness", and some, like us christians, believe otherwise. What do YOU believe?

Lechium
06-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Forget about Christstian perspective for a second.
Hell even Christian persepctive can work with what I said.
1) In the beginnign there was god. Nothing else
2) He started making things... now if he was _everything_ what would he make things from? Right himself.

There are phylosophical views that said that entire existance is god talking to himself... you know sometimes you're bored, so you start running conversations in yoru head, make up stores, and play them in your head? Well a being much more advanced than us may be able to do these things on a much higher level. Thus our existance is fillament of imagination, created to pass someones eternety, and we all are one.

Possibility? Crazy as it sounds it is as possible as what Bible preaches.

What I belive in. I dont. I try to figure things out, trying to get idea of how things might work, rather than putting faith into one idea and following though with it discarding all other possibilities.

StrubesGuitar
06-07-2003, 11:31 PM
I cannot say it any other way, because i am what i am. If u don't believe in anything, why argue for smthg u don't necessarily or fully support and believe in? Back to the phylosophical views, those are made by men, w/their own thoughts. Man is fallible, therefore whatever he creates is fallible one way or another. That last statement is true, unless one thinks he/she is perfect and not fallible, which some do. God is thought as an advanced being to some groups, Muslims, Christians, Catholics, etc. But this imagination of this being can supposedly have the advanced being think about what's going on, and us, w/o knowing it, we will be "used" in order to pass this being's time away? Then what about free will and destiny? This being would supposedly know ur destiny but u would have NO free will whatsoever. Just changing the subject for a sec. Have u ever read the prophesies in the Bible? Look at the date they were written and check history to see if and when it happened. But, if u don't believe in anything, and u are seeking, check out christianity. What would it hurt just to check out the facts? If it's christians u have the prob w/, don't blame it on God, it's the christians who make the mistakes, because we aren't perfect in the least. Point out the probs to us, and if we really do follow God, we will make the best effort to change.

P.S. where u getting all these post modern and other views?

Steve
06-07-2003, 11:31 PM
God is the guy, who on Sunday sits on a cloud above Lambeau Field and watches His football team, the Green Bay Packers. :D

TeriB19
06-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Steve
God is the guy, who on Sunday sits on a cloud above Lambeau Field and watches His football team, the Green Bay Packers, lose. :( Aw Steve, one of these years they'll make Him a happy guy.:D

JulieCitySlicker
06-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Steve
God is the guy, who on Sunday sits on a cloud above Lambeau Field and watches His football team, the Green Bay Packers. :D He He He:D Funny Steve:P

Siana
06-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
God= Creator, Father, Friend, Buddy, Love, Merciful, Everlasting, Peaceful, Wise...

agree

Samuel
06-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Hes getting them from satan.He is blinded to the truth pray for him because he has the veil.

Samuel
06-10-2003, 03:13 PM
God is the Father.Thank you Father for your Son Jesus.Amen!

StrubesGuitar
06-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Who has the veil? And i will pray for him if it is who i think it is. Amen brotha! God shall rule to the end of days and even more!

Lechium
06-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
Have u ever read the prophesies in the Bible? Look at the date they were written and check history to see if and when it happened.

P.S. where u getting all these post modern and other views?

1) Not all bible prophesies have came true. Also prophesies from other books have came true, too. So go figure.

2) Books. Where else? lol

souldancer
06-10-2003, 08:52 PM
P.S. where u getting all these post modern and other views? [/b] Might try looking outside of the Western European world, step back to the New England Transcendalist movement, or to a naturalist like Muir, Native American, or even a modern physicist..then again, my six year old cousin who hasn't been indoctrinated yet, might have this sense of God...

Quite a question...I usually don't even think of God as a 'he', more like a loving energy all present and ever available...but, I also think there is a personable nature that allows us to connect to. God, I wish I knew how to express it?! But, I sure feel that beautiful, supporting presence - in a sunrise, through a oving relationship and mostly in the depths of stillness...

StrubesGuitar
06-10-2003, 11:23 PM
They haven't come true because they haven't happened yet. The fall of Babylon was prophesied and came true. Did u even look? Of course other prophesies have come true. Just check it out, since you've checked out those other religions and ideas in books and you back them up, why don't u check out christianity? It's just as easy as checking out all those other ones and maybe less confusing. If you're so open to all the other ideas, try being open to this one. JUST CHECK IT OUT. GET A BIBLE AND READ IT. GET AN ANCIENT HISTORY BOOK. if u do get a bible read genesis, psalms, proverbs, isaiah, zechariah, and all the new testament.
So, i hope u can look at those. Give it a chance like u did the others.

StrubesGuitar
06-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Souldancer, that's awesome. He is. I can't think of any references off the top of my head where it says "HE", but that sounds like it came right out of the psalms. Awesome. in a word.

creedfan47a
06-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Right, StrubesGuitar. Some prophecies have just not come true YET. Have we seen Armageddon yet? No. But does that mean that the prophecy about it is wrong? Prophecies are being fulfilled as we speak - check out 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

souldancer
06-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
Right, StrubesGuitar.  Some prophecies have just not come true YET.  Have we seen Armageddon yet?  No.  But does that mean that the prophecy about it is wrong?  Prophecies are being fulfilled as we speak - check out  2 Timothy 3:1-5.
I kept up
With the prophecy you spoke
I kept up with the message inside
Lost sight of the irony
Of twisted faith
Lost sight of my soul and its void
Think I'm unforgiven to this world

Lechium
06-21-2003, 11:34 PM
He's a dork for sure.
He created humans in image of him.
And many humans are dorks.
Therefore he is a dork.
Cold logic beats faith =P

Lechium
06-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Right, StrubesGuitar.  Some prophecies have just not come true YET.  Have we seen Armageddon yet?  No.  But does that mean that the prophecy about it is wrong?  Prophecies are being fulfilled as we speak - check out  2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Actually it means that whole Geddon prohpecy is
either: true
or: fairy tale

And just because other had came true, it doesnt prove that thsi one will. I can make 10,000,000 prohpecies, and some of them will come true for sure. Does it mean that all of them will? Hardly. Hope you're getting the point.

P.S. Also biblical prohpecies are often so vague, that a lot of events can fit them. I mean here's a propecy for ya "A day will come when death will fall from the sky on a sinful land!". Does coment count? Yes. Does bomb count? Yes. Does 9/11 count? Yes. Does really really bad poisoinous acid rain count? Yes.

StrubesGuitar
06-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Image has nothing to do w/dorkness. We don't know what this "image" is exactly. It could be looks for all we know, but we don't, so don't go making hasty generalizations about a nondefined term. Where does that prophesy come from? Being logical also means u gotta back up your info.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Which prophecy? "A day will come when death will fall from the sky on a sinful land!"? I made it, and it will come true one day. lol

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 08:54 PM
If you had a point to make Lech, then maybe I would get it. Right now, you're talking out of your a***.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 09:08 PM
That is the point.
I'm talking out of my ass.
Godo chance peopel who wrote bible were talking out of their ass, too.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:11 PM
God, not people, wrote the Bible. Anyway, sorry for that comment, I was just a bit annoyed at something. ;)

JulieCitySlicker
06-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
He's a dork for sure.
He created humans in image of him.
And many humans are dorks.
Therefore he is a dork.
Cold logic beats faith =P I wouldn't be there if you stand before God and call him a dork:eek:

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Lech just can't understand this free will thing, can he?

JulieCitySlicker
06-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Aparently not Bec:rolleyes:

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 09:28 PM
But then, it makes things a whole lot easier if you can just pass the blame for everything that goes wrong onto God, because he created all things. :rolleyes:

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:06 PM
God, not people, wrote the Bible.  Anyway, sorry for that comment, I was just a bit annoyed at something. ;)
people who claim to be inspired by god wrote bible. that's a fact. if they really were inspired -- unknown, so dont wave it around as a fact please/

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Have you actually read any of the Bible? Because if not, you really have no right to make those claims and then call them facts. What you can't get your head around is that some people, unlike you, believe the Bible is the truth.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Yeah i read bible (well not back to back, but key parts and such).
And i had a lot of talsk with bible readers.
They all say "bible was inspired by god, and written by people god has chosen".
Now that get this info from these people.
Guy sat down and wrote "god had chosen me and has inpired me to write this....".
Now he can be really a chosen one.
Or he can be talking out of his ass.
When all we have is his manuscrpt, it's kinda hard to say that for sure.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:32 PM
There are plenty of things written in the Bible that could not have come from people. Things that were written before they happened (prophecies about the attack on Jerusalem and the subsequent release of the captives from Babylon) and things that humans did not know at the time (the fact that the earth is not flat). The continuity of the theme of the Bible speaks to its authenticity, even though the books were written by dozens of different people living hundreds of years apart.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Bible is not one book.
It's collection of books.
Batter of fact different version of bible have different books.
Some were concidered to be part fo bible but church threw them off.
See, they look at bunch of books with a same theme runnign thru them, and pick ones that fit, and ones who's prophesices have come true, while discarding ones who do not work... funny how humans select which of god's books make it into the bible.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:39 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Okay, you just go on believing that then. :rolleyes:

Lechium
06-22-2003, 10:42 PM
These are facts.
look aroudn and you'll see i'm right

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 10:47 PM
YOU BELIEVE you are right about the Bible. I believe I am right about the Bible. We'll just see about that.

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:01 PM
No no i said many times, i think they CAN be right.
It's a possibility...
where the hell did you hear me saying that i bleive that bible is wrong?
Only thing it's wrong about is how absolut it is. it's a possibility nothing more

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 11:04 PM
How far do you get in life believing in nothing and just thinking everything is a "possibility"?

Lechium
06-22-2003, 11:05 PM
I belive facts.
And i'm open to possibilities.
Works better than putting all your faith in somethign that can be fake.

creedfan47a
06-22-2003, 11:11 PM
Personally, I'd rather have faith in something than have nothing to live for.