Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
A Faith Poem [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : A Faith Poem

goddess_bb
06-04-2003, 12:32 AM
I do not write alot about my faith, but this poem came to me after I had a experience that changed my outlook on life...maybe many of you might not understand it but it is about dealing with depression and faith...

**Wish**

So you are not happy in this life??
I will take it away..
You think you have it sooo bad
I will grant you your wish
Poof in a instant--
It is gone, your life
As the blood drains from
what you thought was such a flawed body...
Does regret run rampet??
Second guessing your choice??
Maybe life wasn't so bad??
You start to pray..
asking for his mercy...
Could you have a second chance?
You make promises
This time you will do better
Appreciate what he gave you,
understand he is the one in control...
If only given the chance,
So dear soul
Hold your gift close
He gave you your life
Not so you would waste it...
But to embrace it..

:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
06-04-2003, 12:41 AM
Wow! Goddess:embarass: That poem was very deep but also very good to:angel: I just realized that I should'nt be complaining about my life now:( But just being happy with what I have even though I don't have a job and just to be thankful for family and friends:P

goddess_bb
06-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Thank you, Julie...it changed my outlook on life literally...that experience...hmmm..I didn't try to kill myself but I had a frightening dream..got up and wrote that poem...

JulieCitySlicker
06-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Yikes! That dream must have been frightening:(

whitebird
06-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Such a dark begining, yet ending with beauty and spirituality. I think that someone that writes such a poem, has alot of depth to their soul.

StappsSaviour
06-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by whitebird
Such a dark begining, yet ending with beauty and spirituality.  I think that someone that writes such a poem, has alot of depth to their soul.

i agree wif u there

i can under stand the poem too

is like wot if u died 1 day and didnt tell ur friends and family and husband/wif or bf or gf that u didnt love them???
how bad would that b...
or even if that day u had a fight with one of ur best mates or sumthing and u wanted to say sorry, to make up with them...
but you didnt
they nite have thought it was their fault or sumthing???
u kno wot i mean???

thats y i av learned to appreciate Life as it comes

greatful for even those little things and evn more greatful for those of bigger meaning to me

i love my friends and my family with all my heart that it hurst me wen somthing happens to them
i feel their pain as well
and trust me, boy o boy does that hurt!!!

but like i said
i love my life and everything in it, even if it is bad!!!

StappsSaviour
06-06-2003, 01:14 AM
srry bout the mistakes
hurst=Hurts
nite=mite

StappsSaviour
06-06-2003, 01:15 AM
it made me so sad writing that
:( :( :(
:crying: :crying:

goddess_bb
06-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by whitebird
Such a dark begining, yet ending with beauty and spirituality.  I think that someone that writes such a poem, has alot of depth to their soul.

Thank you Whitebird that has to be the nicest compliment I have ever recieved...:)

goddess_bb
06-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Exactly StappsSavior..you have to appreciate every day..

whitebird
06-06-2003, 10:50 PM
You are very welcome goddess.

StrubesGuitar
06-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Goddess, in a phrase...THAT WAS AWESOME! I enjoyed it very much and i hope others can read it.

StappsSaviour
06-09-2003, 12:17 AM
well they will read it if they want to

goddess_bb
06-09-2003, 12:47 PM
yea..true..Stapps...there are some awesome poets here...HEY EVERYONE GO to CREATIVE CORNER!!!

Aimee
07-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Goddess, I liked the line best that says,
As the blood drains from what you thought was such a flawed body...
My loved ones & I have a tradition that we kiss whenever we leave eachother - even if it just to run up to the grocery store! Then, you know that if anything happens in the mean time, you had that one brief last moment with them.
Great poem Goddess.

hotforscott
07-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Interesting Poem.
What a great tradition Aimee. I never would have thought about doing something like that.

Sheila63
07-06-2003, 03:56 PM
That's a wonderful poem, goddess.:D I especially love the last three lines.

JenRN
07-06-2003, 04:21 PM
That was really good, I agree with Amy, you just never know when it will be your last moment here!

TeriB19
07-06-2003, 07:44 PM
We are the same way in our family. Kisses before we go to bed, before we leave for work, before we part, that's just the way we are. My husband said he could count on one hand the number of times his parents told him that they loved him. We are raising our children very differently than he was raised. The love flies around this house.

Aimee
07-08-2003, 12:12 AM
I can believe that!^^^

goddess_bb
07-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks guys...

I always try to kiss my kids before I go anywhere, I would like them to remember me as the mom who loved them beyond words (cause I do)..if something was to happen...

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-10-2003, 02:09 PM
That was a great poem Goddess. I've really learned in the last two years how important every day is. Just like everyone else my family is always kissing goodbye and telling each other how we love one another. Thanks to many prayers my husband and I will be able to grow old together and we now treasure every hour to every minute we have together.:hugs: :angel:

StappsSaviour
07-12-2003, 10:02 PM
that is so true!

"One, oh One, the only way is One!"

alive_in_Jesus
07-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Woah! That was very, very good...I'm wanting to print that off for my brother to read, he suffers from depression...he doesn't understand what a gift life is! It frustrates me soo much, I wish I could just share my joy with him, ya know?

Thank you soo much! I like to write too, haven't done it in a while though....

goddess_bb
07-25-2003, 12:44 PM
hey Alive..I suffer with Depression myself...it is a struggle everyday..you and your brother are in my prayers..:D