Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
St.Anger [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : St.Anger

Siana
05-30-2003, 01:13 PM
how would u rate the new Metallica song?he highest possible mark is 10.
i give it 2

creedgirl99
05-30-2003, 03:15 PM
I don't think I've heard it yet.....

Mulletman
05-30-2003, 09:09 PM
hey sweetie, where is -10? i saw the video when it premiered... there go 5 minutes im never gonna see again.

Mr.Anderson
05-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Loved every second of it. The video is extremely original because nobody has made a vid inside a real prison before, plus the song is extremely unique. I give it a 10.

Lechium
05-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Anderson
Loved every second of it.  The video is extremely original because nobody has made a vid inside a real prison before, plus the song is extremely unique. I give it a 10.
If I'm not mistaken Godsmakck's "Awake" was shot in the prison.
And that location harldy makes vidoe original...

The Lithium
05-31-2003, 04:40 PM
Hah, Mr.Anderson....Matrix fan? Yeah, those movis is one of the best I've EVER seen!

Siana
05-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
hey sweetie, where is -10? i saw the video when it premiered... there go 5 minutes im never gonna see again.

i'm sorry darling....i forgot it...what about -50?

Siana
05-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>If I'm not mistaken Godsmakck's "Awake" was shot in the prison.
And that location harldy makes vidoe original... </b>

if i have to compare Godsmack's and Metallica's video,Awake is 100 times better

Mr.Anderson
05-31-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>If I'm not mistaken Godsmakck's "Awake" was shot in the prison.
And that location harldy makes vidoe original... </b>

Ummm i'm pretty sure Godsmack's video was more of a set rather than set in a real prison with real prisoners around.

Lechium
05-31-2003, 10:18 PM
Ummm i'm pretty sure Godsmack's video was more of a set rather than set in a real prison with real prisoners around.
Not sure about real prisoners (and I am pretty usre that in 'Tallicas video these werent real prisoners either), but Godmask was in real prison.

Mr.Anderson
05-31-2003, 10:44 PM
In fact they were real in the video heres a link

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=1021

They also played a set for some of them

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=1026

Mulletman
06-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Siana
i'm sorry darling....i forgot it...what about -50?

lol that would work for me ;)

... i dunno about the Godsmack video, but St. Anger was shot in San Quintin

Unforgiven Fan
06-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Godsmack's Awake was filmed in an old unused prison....Metallica's was filmed at a true prison and true criminals..Met had to actually sign a no hostage policy to get in...

The song and the video is awesome. Different from all the junk that is coming out and it is the Mighty Metallica...10 for them....

Siana
06-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
lol that would work for me ;)

... i dunno about the Godsmack video, but St. Anger was shot in San Quintin

hehe,maybe their next song will be even worse...so there will be -50....-100 lol

marlsy
06-01-2003, 04:46 PM
st. anger sucks

Siana
06-01-2003, 05:37 PM
yes,i couldn't believe my ears when i heard that song.such a crap

Mr.Anderson
06-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Ha its funny reading what you people have to say about st. anger. Saying it sucks and such. Obviously you must not have very open minds for music. Metallica's making changes and it seems some will not accept it, even though you probably called yourselfs fans at one point. Tsk,tsk for those who rant without solid reasoning on why something sucks. Anyways carry on with the insults.......

Siana
06-01-2003, 06:43 PM
nope,we are open-minded for all kinds of GOOD music.see,i love Metallica's older songs...but those changes they make now...i hope they'll release a better single than this 1

JulieCitySlicker
06-01-2003, 06:50 PM
I've never even heard the song:rolleyes:

Siana
06-01-2003, 06:56 PM
ok,u can hear it,but just once!!!for ur good!lol

Mulletman
06-02-2003, 10:39 AM
im betting they all got deflowered before they day was over....

Siana
06-02-2003, 10:42 AM
lol Mullet

Unforgiven Fan
06-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Ha its funny reading what you people have to say about st. anger. &nbsp;Saying it sucks and such. &nbsp;Obviously you must not have very open minds for music. &nbsp;Metallica's making changes and it seems some will not accept it, even though you probably called yourselfs fans at one point. &nbsp;Tsk,tsk for those who rant without solid reasoning on why something sucks. &nbsp;Anyways carry on with the insults.......

!~Yeah~!

Siana
06-02-2003, 07:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Dogstar
06-02-2003, 07:57 PM
I've only heard it once, but I liked it a lot. I especially liked the drumming, even though I know that Lars is a f*cking Nazi :D. To me, the song sounded a lot more like early Metallica, which is my favorite Metallica.

I can't speak for the video, as I have no cable and thus have not seen it.

Siana
06-03-2003, 06:45 AM
mtv europe plays it a lot

Mulletman
06-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Ha its funny reading what you people have to say about st. anger. &nbsp;Saying it sucks and such. &nbsp;Obviously you must not have very open minds for music. &nbsp;Metallica's making changes and it seems some will not accept it, even though you probably called yourselfs fans at one point. &nbsp;Tsk,tsk for those who rant without solid reasoning on why something sucks. &nbsp;Anyways carry on with the insults.......

...my hatred extends waaaaay beyond shitty lyrics and over-played power chords

JenRN
06-09-2003, 11:11 AM
I certainly would not bash them or anything i just thought the Cd really sucked! I have liked them in the past, seen them in concert etc... but TO ME this Cd was a HUGE dissapointment, but that is MY opinion!

Dogstar
06-09-2003, 11:48 AM
I love your sig, Jen..Right back at you! :cool:

luvscott4ever
06-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
I certainly would not bash them or anything i just thought the Cd really sucked! &nbsp;I have liked them in the past, seen them in concert etc... but TO ME this Cd was a HUGE dissapointment, but that is MY opinion!

I am a huge Metallica fan, I couldn't wait for this cd to come out, bought tickets right away for the Summer Sanitarium show and when I heard St Anger I was sooooo disappointed!! Now, after hearing what you've said about the cd, I'm really apprehensive about getting it!! :confused: :crying:

luvscott4ever
06-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I love your sig, Jen..Right back at you! :cool:

Here, Here!! The same goes for me! You girls are DA-BOMB!! :hugs:

Dogstar
06-10-2003, 11:45 AM
:D :cool: :hugs:

Mr.Anderson
06-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I am a huge Metallica fan, I couldn't wait for this cd to come out, bought tickets right away for the Summer Sanitarium show and when I heard St Anger I was sooooo disappointed!! &nbsp;Now, after hearing what you've said about the cd, I'm really apprehensive about getting it!! &nbsp;:confused: &nbsp;:crying:

It really matters what your taste in music is like. If your pretty opened minded about most Rock music today you'll really like it. I mean the CD is very different from what Metallica has ever done and very different from what is out by other artists. If your expecting the same that Metallica has done in the past, you also might be disapointed, because it really sounds nothing like the stuff on puppets,justice,kill em all,or lightning. Truthfully if you haven't heard it but do want it deep inside take a chance and buy it, its only like 14 bucks or so.

bgivens33
06-12-2003, 11:01 AM
I think Mr. Anderson is correct. To appreciate the CD a little more it's almost like you have to forget it's Metallica. That being said, I was disappointed as well. The one thing that upset me more than anything else was NO guitar solos. I couldn't believe that. I just think the album was hyped to much. People were expecting the depth of Master of Puppets with the production quality of The Black album. That just wasn't going to happen.