Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
SumbmurseD mp3's anyone??? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : SumbmurseD mp3's anyone???

benkenobi
05-26-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to get a hold of some mp3's from the band's that Tremonti has been working with such as SubmurseD and B.E.N.T. I want to hear what these guys sound like. Are these just some more side projects for Tremonti or are these bands helping with the solo album? Thanks!

Steve
05-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Tremonti is working with BENT's producer.

Tremonti is helping SubmurseD out with their debut record. Not sure if he's helping produce or write or what with SubmurseD. I forgot what was said about that.

Bridge of Clay
05-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Fret Buzz  
A Sneak Peek at Submersed(I'm using the correct name cause the mag keeps calling them Submerged..oi!)  
Guitarists: Eric Friedman, 18 TJ Davis, 20  
Hometown: Orlando, FL  
Album: TBA (Wind-up)  
Release date: Early 2004  
Gear: PRS guitars; Mesa/Boogie amps; TC Electronic G-Major, G-Force; Boss pedals; Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah  
Sounds Like: "A hybrid of blues and a little Creed and A Perfect Circle." - Eric Friedman  

Submersed guitarist Eric Friedman is green. Ask him about blues, and he'll give you Kenny Wayne Shepherd; ask him about hard rock, and he'll give you Mark Tremonti. So when he had a chance to meet the latter at last year's NAMM show in Los Angeles, he didn't mind waiting in line.  
"I stood in line with 250 fans to get his autograph," Friedman recalls. "He asked me to hang out and check out some guitars. I met the person who had the greatest impact on my playing, and he asked me to jam!"  
At age 13, Friedman heard Shepherd on the radio and immediately formed a blues band. After making the rounds at the Whisky, the Roxy and several California blues festivals, the young gun inked a deal with Steve Vai's Favored Nations label. "I recorded some demos, and I got to jam with Steve Lukather, who gave me some lessons."  
Now he's taking lessons from Tremonti. He's helping me to use my pinky," says Friedman. "As a blues player, I'd always have it curled down. Mark would be like,'You gotta use that one, too, dog.' He showed me some exercises to get it into shape."  
Tremonti soon invited Friedman to Orlando and introduced him to the guys in Submersed, who instantly took to the blues phenom. Says rhythm linchpin TJ Davis, "Eric is the solo man, the blues man. I've learned so much from him about attitude and feeling."  
Look for Friedman to drop some gnarly solos on Submersed's debut, co-produced by non other than Tremonti. "I used to sit in my bedroom and flip out to Human Clay." says Friedman. "Now, Mark is in the control room going 'Hey, try this.' He won't admit it, but he's a genius. Every word that comes out of his mouth is bad-ass."  

Bridge of Clay
05-26-2003, 03:17 PM
there are 4 submersed mp3s, but they´re old, from the previous formation of the band (without Eric)

the songs have nothing to do to what Eric is describing above, I used to have it, but I lost them :(