Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
To clear up some confusion (about me) [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : To clear up some confusion (about me)

Higher_Desire
05-20-2003, 12:56 AM
OK. It has recently come to my attention (actually about a week ago) that many of you thought that I was a female. To clear this up, I am a MALE; to quote Creed (technically Alice Cooper) in I'm Eighteen "I'm a boy and I'm a man."

Now, I will tell a few stories. They are a little embarassing to myself, but, all in effort of clearing up the confusion.

1. When I was younger, when I'd answer the phone, people on the other end thought I was my sister.

2. My mother [teasingly] calls me her "baby girl" and other things like that, while at the same time calls my sister her son. NOTE: My mother does not have the greatest memory. She has, on occasion, mixed up me, my dad, and my dog. She says were too much alike.

3. This is the most embarassing... Here at my college (Albertson College of Idaho), we have the annual SexFest week, for sexual awareness. Throughout this week, there are many activities, one of which is the annual Miss SexFest Pagent. This "pagent" is actually a drag queen contest, in which men (such as myself) dress up in women's clothing (the whole 9 yards... yes, with make-up) and compete in the formal wear, casual wear, talent, and Q&A portion of the pagent. I competed this year, and am not ashamed to say, one 2nd place, out of 6 or 7. Before you ask, no, I will not show you the pictures.

I, personally, am sorry for any previous confusion that I caused. I'm not sure what I said, did, didn't say, or didn't do, that would lead you to believe that, or if it was my screen-name. But, to those of you who did believe I was a woman, there are no hard feelings.

If you're still reading by this time, thank you, and I hope this clears things up. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me. :)

H-D

hayley
05-20-2003, 01:02 AM
awww...it's okay

it's hard to guess some members sex on the board, especilly when they don't say.

Dogstar
05-20-2003, 01:08 AM
LMAO, Higher_Desire...I think the confustion might have stemmed from another member's screen name -- Higher Girl...just a thought.

hayley
05-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeah I think so too

marlsy
05-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Dogstar I think your right!! sorry about that higer desire!!!

TeriB19
05-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Thanks Higher Desire. You go girl!! ;)

Just teasing. I hope you don't take this as intrusive, but if we knew your real name and could refer to you by this name, maybe there would be less confusion? Like nobody ever calls Marcos N30 * W43 ? blah blah blah, we know his name and there's no confusion. Just a thought!!:)

creedchick02
05-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Yea i thought you were a girl too....your name, it does sound girly..
no affence.... but now we know..;) :eek: :rolleyes:

Higher_Desire
05-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
if we knew your real name and could refer to you by this name, maybe there would be less confusion? Like nobody ever calls Marcos N30 * W43 ? blah blah blah, we know his name and there's no confusion. Just a thought!!:)

Hmmm. Yeah, I guess that would be OK. To be honest, I really don't like my real name that much, but if you really want to know, it's Colin.

H-D

marlsy
05-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Hey I like the name Colin! Be proud of it!!;)

GoodGodGirl23
05-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Hey DOGSTAR!!!!:P Did I not think you were a Boy when you first came on da creedfeed board?? YESSSSSS!!!! LOL!!!:P :D :angel:

JulieCitySlicker
05-20-2003, 12:09 PM
LMAO! Higher Desire, its all good;) I didn't think you were a girl:angel: Those stories would be embarrassing:embarass: I don't blame ya for not wanting to show pictures:D I'll bet ya had fun doing it though! Oh! I love your avie by the way:bounce:

goddess_bb
05-20-2003, 12:42 PM
HEY Colin....
You must a really be secure in your masculintity..good for you seriously...to dress up drag and be mistake for a chica..and you still have a good attitude...really GOOD FOR YOU...alot of men would not be so cool...nice to meet you by the way.

Higher_Desire
05-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
HEY Colin....
        You must a really be secure in your masculintity..good for you seriously...to dress up drag and be mistake for a chica..and you still have a good attitude...really GOOD FOR YOU...alot of men would not be so cool...nice to meet you by the way.

I'll tell you one thing I learned from that experience... being the woman is tough! I don't know how you do it. One person was helping me figure out what to wear (I also now have compassion when women have a closet full of clothes and say they have nothing to wear. It took me 2 days to find something to wear for 10-20 minutes at a time. I couldn't imagine doing it every day for all day!) I also had 2 people doing my make-up. That really sucks having to put all that on too, then washing it off. It's hard. And the way you walk... (I mean this nicely) women are a lot tougher than I thought.

And thanks for the complament Julie. I just made that av last night.

H-D

JulieCitySlicker
05-20-2003, 03:04 PM
(QUOTE) by Higher Desire
And thanks for the complament Julie. I just made that av last night.
Your very welcome:P Your avie is very cool:cool:

HigherGirl
05-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Yeah...
Glad we got that cleared up!!!:P
Just remember Higher Girl (thats me):D is a GIRL
and Higher Desire is a boy...
No more confusion.....:D :P :) :dancing:

GoodGodGirl23
05-20-2003, 06:28 PM
:P

TeriB19
05-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Colin, I happen to like that name, and now that I know for sure you're a guy I won't get confused anymore!!

creedfan47a
05-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Sorry for thinking you're a gal! I think it's your screen name that made me think that. Sorry! ;)

Do you mind if I call you Col'n? We had a comedy character on TV here some years back, called Colin Carpenter, but he always mumbled it, so it came out as Col'n Carp'n'r. :D :D

Oh, and I'm a GIRL and my name is Bec. :P Nice to meet you.

Higher_Desire
05-21-2003, 12:53 AM
Nice to meet you Bec. I don't mind if you call me that. I've been called worse (not that Col'n is that bad). I've even been called things that aren't even anything close to my name. I've even been called Norman for example. :wtf:

H-D

creedfan47a
05-21-2003, 12:55 AM
I am also known as The Aussie Princess. :D :lol:

Higher_Desire
05-21-2003, 02:29 AM
I'm sure that's for a good reason. ;) I've never seen you, and don't know anything about you other than stuff you've posted, but I'd be willing to believe it. :kiss:

LOL!

H-D

creedfan47a
05-21-2003, 02:33 AM
:embarass: :embarass: :embarass: :embarass: :embarass:

:P

hayley
05-21-2003, 04:13 AM
Okay then :lol:

Hey H-D, I don't think I have introduced myself yet. My name is Hayley, and i'm from New Zealand. :D How's it going?

hotforscott
05-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Colin is a good name. I like it. I am sorry I thought you were a girl. Dogstar is right though, that is probably why we thought that, because of Higher_Girl. Those stories were hilarious. Thanks for posting!

Sheila63
05-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Hey, Higher_Desire, I can understand if you don't like your name but I've got to say that I agree with the others, I really like the name Colin.:D Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm with Julie, I like your avie pic too.:)

Higher_Desire
05-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
Okay then :lol:

Hey H-D, I don't think I have introduced myself yet. My name is Hayley, and i'm from New Zealand. :D How's it going?

Whaddup Hayley. It's going pretty well. I'm glad to be here and have had a great time. Since there are no other hardcore Creed fans in my area or here at my school (at least not that I know of) this board is the only place I can come to talk with other CreedFreaks. My circle of friends accepts me though, and its cool to be accepted here to.

Originally posted by hotforsott
Colin is a good name. I like it. I am sorry I thought you were a girl. Dogstar is right though, that is probably why we thought that, because of Higher_Girl. Those stories were hilarious. Thanks for posting!

I posted all that stuff in hopes of clearing this up and letting all you know who I am.

Originally posted by Sheila63
Like Julie, I like your avie pic too.
Well thank you! I made a couple more I'll try in in a few days to see what all of you think of them.

H-D

Sheila63
05-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Higher_Desire
.... Since there are no other hardcore Creed fans in my area or here at my school (at least not that I know of) this board is the only place I can come to talk with other CreedFreaks. My circle of friends accepts me though, and its cool to be accepted here to.

Well thank you! I made a couple more I'll try in in a few days to see what all of you think of them.

H-D

I'm happy to hear that you feel accepted here, Higher_Desire. That's how I felt when I first joined the board as well. It's a great feeling. This is a very cool place with very cool people.:D

I look forward to seeing your other avatar pics.