Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Blue October! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Blue October!

hotforscott
05-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Has anyone heard of this band? They are from Houston, Texas. They have a cool song called "Calling you", or something like that, I really like the beat. They are gonna be at Edgefest this weekend with some other people and it seems they are hitting it big time. I just wondered if anyone had heard of them.

JulieCitySlicker
05-12-2003, 04:03 PM
I've never heard of this band Carrie:P Are they good:angel: Gosh there are a lot of new bands out there now:dancing:

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 04:40 PM
No, I haven't heard of them, Carrie. Are they rock?

hotforscott
05-12-2003, 05:01 PM
I am not sure if I would say Rock. They are kind of more Alternative I guess. I have only heard the one song and it is just so hard to tell by one song. I will see if I can find anything out online and post if I can.

hotforscott
05-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Ok, if you go to www.blueoctober.com (http://www.blueoctober.com) you can check out 90second clips of each song off the CD. I have only heard Calling you so I cannot vouch for the others, but click on that one and listen. It's a catchy tune.

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Carrie. I will check it out.

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks, Carrie.:D I'm going to give a listen to them as well.

JulieCitySlicker
05-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks Carrie:D I'll check em out to:P

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I had to download the clips because it plays all choppy on my dialup modem, ugh. I didn't like the Calling You clip, but I checked out a couple of others and I kind of like those. They sound a little bit like Live. I'll have to dl a few more clips. Thanks for the link!

hotforscott
05-12-2003, 06:49 PM
No problem. It's funny because I sat there talking about how much I liked that song, but I usually caught the ass end of it on the radio or something and one day, about a week or so ago, Daniel and I were driving and a song came on the radio and the beginning was really whiney and I was like, "I cannot believe people make money, singing this crap" and then I was like,"Oh, Daniel, this is that song I was telling you about that I really liked." It was funny. I didn't know until the chorus that it was that one. LOL.

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 07:35 PM
LMAO, Carrie...That's too funny! It's good that they have samples and all, because some of the others are pretty good. Got to love the Net just for this very thing. It's nice that we don't have to rely on the radio to find out about new music. Word of mouth has always been good, too, but the Net speeds it up even more.

hotforscott
05-13-2003, 07:32 PM
I know, you gotta love it.