Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The Recipies Thread [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The Recipies Thread

Bridge of Clay
04-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Ok! Post a recipie here!!! Maybe in a couple months we can vote for the best one!

But please post something tasty with a recipie that actually works!!! :P

TeriB19
04-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Oh, I"ll go:

Cheeseburger Meatloaf (great for the kids!!)
Make your regular meatloaf and instead of shaping into a loaf, spread it out on waxed paper to about maybe 6"x 6". Spread mustard, ketchup, relish and American or cheddar cheese slices on it. Roll it up like a jelly roll and place it seam side down. Bake it as you normally would and about 5 minutes before you take it out, place more cheese slices across the top. Bake it 5 more minutes. My kids LOVE this.

JulieCitySlicker
04-26-2003, 11:00 PM
I've never heard of rolling meatloaf like that Teri;) I'll have to try that! We are on a meatloaf kick tonight:dancing:

Meatloaf Pie
Make your regular meatloaf and then after its baked put mashed potatoes over the top and then sprinkle it with shredded cheese:P Then bake anoth 5 minutes till the cheese is melted:dancing: Its very yummy!

GeeK_2004
04-26-2003, 11:01 PM
does it have to do with meat loaf...??

TeriB19
04-26-2003, 11:04 PM
That sounds great Julie.
Here's one that doesn't have to do with Meatloaf, Kim!

Chili Chicken:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes
1 can chili
4 slices American or cheddar.

Place chicken in a greased baking pan, top with tomatoes. Bake at 350 uncovered for 50 minutes, top with chili, bake 10 more minutes, cover with cheese slices and bake until cheese is melted. YUM!!

ps...I don't even like tomatoes and I love this recipe. It is really good when served with mashed potatoes and string beans.

JulieCitySlicker
04-26-2003, 11:05 PM
OMG! That sounds great Teri:P

Bridge of Clay
04-26-2003, 11:07 PM
how do you Americans call that milk that comes in a can, thatīs thicker and was invented during WWII ???

we call it condensed milk, but I think you named it something else and I canīt find it out

TeriB19
04-26-2003, 11:13 PM
We have sweetened condensed milk Marcos, that's thick and very sweet. We also have evaporated milk that is thin like milk. Both come in a can.

TeriB19
04-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Here's a really delicious dessert:

Frosty Chocolate Mousse:

1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sifted baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. rum extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat until mixture mounds softly. Spoon into dessert dishes. Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. Yields 4 servings.

GeeK_2004
04-26-2003, 11:17 PM
I just found a recipie that sounds good ..

Orange Nut-Muffins

1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel (optional)
Orange juice

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
2. In medium bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, orange juice concentrate, and melted butter; add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in walnuts.
3. Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Fill the cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden. Remove the muffins from the pans.
4. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange peel, and enough orange juice (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. Makes 12.

*Note: To make 1/2 cup sour milk, place 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1/2 cup liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using it in a recipe.

Bridge of Clay
04-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
We have sweetened condensed milk Marcos, that's thick and very sweet.

yep! thatīs the one I was talking about!!!

TeriB19
04-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes

Simple recipe!!

Make your mashed potatoes as usual but lighten up on the butter and milk and put in about 6 ounces of sour cream and mix in some chives. Add milk and butter to make it the consistency you want. But he sour cream and chives give it a delicious flavor!

Bridge of Clay
04-26-2003, 11:30 PM
ok, hereīs one of Brazilīs most typical desserts. Itīs usually used on parties, to eat with the cake. And itīs the only kind of chocolate I can stand!!!

BRIGADEIRO (brigadier)

1 can sweet condensed milk

1 tablespoon butter

3 tablespoons cocoa powder

Mix the condensed milk, butter and cocoa in a pan. Cook in medium heat, mixing vigorously, until the mixture thickens. Let the mixture cool and form small balls (grease your hands with butter in order to form the balls). Roll the balls on granulated chocolate (sprinkled chocolate).

Iīm sure your kids will love it!!!

hereīs how it should look like: http://bnm.i.bol.com.br/noticias_20021007b.jpg

And you can make big or small balls!!! You can use it to cover cakes too!

Bridge of Clay
04-27-2003, 12:25 AM
bump!

JulieCitySlicker
04-27-2003, 12:28 AM
I know where you can get a lot of great recipes go to www.meals.com:dancing: (http://www.meals.com:dancing:)

Bridge of Clay
04-27-2003, 12:32 AM
yeah, but the good thing of this thread is to try what our fellows recommended!!!

JulieCitySlicker
04-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Heres another one:dancing:

Tator tot casserole
Brown a pound of hamburger and then add a can of cream of mushroom soup.Put a half of a bag of tator tots on bottom of 13 by 9 inch pan. Then put a can of french cut green beans over that bake it till the tator tots are thouoly cooked then top with shredded cheese and bake till the cheese is melted:P

JulieCitySlicker
04-27-2003, 12:43 AM
Pizza Chicken

Take about 4 bonless chicken breasts put pizza sauce over the top of the chicken. Then put pepperoni slices on top of that. Top with cheese and bake till chicken is all the way cooked;) Its good stuff!

hotforscott
04-27-2003, 01:25 AM
Those all sound really good. I will have to try that meatloaf thing sometime.

Here are a few good, quick ones off the top of my head and I will find some more later.

Fruit Dip:
(1) 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese, softened
(1) 16 oz. jar of marshmallow cream
Blend together with a mixer until whipped and smooth and dip any type of fruit in it, strawberries are my favorite.
You can always do this with a 1/2 cup of sugar in place of the marshmallow cream and it's very good as well, almost identical and usually you always have sugar around the kitchen when you may not have marshmallow cream so it's quick and easy.

The next is Chicken Casserolle:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken soup
8 oz. jar of sour cream
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 stick of butter
poppy seeds

Boil your chicken breast until done
Cut into 1 inch peices
set aside
mix sour cream and soup together and spread in a casserolle dish, add your chicken and blend together, melt your butter in the microwave in a small mixing bowl and set aside, crumble your crackers into the butter and make a topping mixture, spread across the dish, sprinkle your poppy seeds on top and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. It's really good. I promise.

Also a very quick desert that EVERYONE will love, I get the most compliments on this one:
Duncen Hines butter recipie cake mix
1 tub of cool whip, thawed
1 small carton of frozen sliced strawberries, thawed

Bake cake as directed, let cool
mix strawberries and cool whip together in a separate bowl until well blended, icing will look pink, and then spread across the cake and serve, it's like a quick strawberry short cake and it is SO good. I usually buy the items the day before I am going to make it, and let the strawberries and cool whip thaw in the fridge overnight, that way they are ready the next day when it comes time to make the cake. If you buy it right before you are to make it, then you have to use defrosting measures, like the microwave and it takes a way from the taste.

Well, I am tired so I cannot think of anymore right now, but I will post some more when I get a chance tomorrow.

Bridge of Clay
05-01-2003, 01:44 AM
just wondering if someone tried the recipie I posted on page 1!

you donīt know what youīre missing!!! ;)

(here it goes Bec!)

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
ok, hereīs one of Brazilīs most typical desserts. Itīs usually used on parties, to eat with the cake. And itīs the only kind of chocolate I can stand!!!

BRIGADEIRO (brigadier)

1 can sweet condensed milk  

1 tablespoon butter  

3 tablespoons cocoa powder  

Mix the condensed milk, butter and cocoa in a pan. Cook in medium heat, mixing vigorously, until the mixture thickens. Let the mixture cool and form small balls (grease your hands with butter in order to form the balls). Roll the balls on granulated chocolate (sprinkled chocolate).  

Iīm sure your kids will love it!!!

hereīs how it should look like: http://bnm.i.bol.com.br/noticias_20021007b.jpg

And you can make big or small balls!!! You can use it to cover cakes too!

Doesn't it get really messy to make them?

Bridge of Clay
05-01-2003, 01:52 AM
no, it doesnīt!

Believe me! Even I can do it! If it was messy, I wouldīt even get close to it! :)

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 01:56 AM
I might give it a go then! What do you have them with? I couldn't open the link to see what they look like. :(

Bridge of Clay
05-01-2003, 02:16 AM
try this pic: http://portal.terra.com.br/img/2002/01/30/886_in.jpg

well, you can have it with a cake if you want... or nothing else, which is better imho. itīs for dessert only... its taste gets better too after you let it in the refrigerator for some time... :)

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 02:18 AM
Ohhhhhh! They look familiar. Your recipe doesn't say to put them in pans though. :confused: Do you just roll them up and leave them?

Bridge of Clay
05-01-2003, 02:27 AM

:D

you roll them up, after itīs done and thatīs it. Wait some time so it can cool!

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 02:29 AM
I've seen similar things here, but they usually have some alcohol in them. Rum balls, I think they're called.

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 02:29 AM
How big a can of condensed milk do you use?

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 02:35 AM
It's okay, I found a really good link! http://dessert.allrecipes.com/AZ/Brigdir.asp

Bridge of Clay
05-01-2003, 02:39 AM
" There is a great Brazilian sweet that is like a bonbon and extremely scrumptious and delicious called brigadeiro! This is a great type of sweet that is loved here in Brazil! Try it! You can make it in the microwave too, just remember to stir every minute. "

coolies! :dancing:

a regular size of can... :confused:

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Yeah, it says 14 ounces, so I'll find out what size that is for me. Thanks!

orlando
05-01-2003, 11:03 AM
ASS BLASTER BROWNIES

Yield: 8 Servings

3/4 c Flour
1 tb Unsweetened cocoa
-=PLUS
1 ts Unsweetened cocoa
1 ts Baking powder
1/8 ts Salt
3 Low Fat Eggs
1/4 c Plus
1 tb Low Fat/Low Sodium Peanut butter
1 can- Pineapple Chunks
1 ts Vanilla extract
1 tb Vegetable oil
1/4 c Low Fat Yogurt
12 ts Sugar Supstitute

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking
powder and salt. In another bowl, combine
remaining ingredients. Beat on low speed until
well blended. Stir in dry ingredients by hand
until well moistened. Place in 8-inch square pan
that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking
spray. Bake 15 minutes. Cool in pan, cut into
squares to serve.

Bridge of Clay
05-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Bec, when I said regular one, I mean that one thatīs smaller than a coke can, but itīs diameter is a lil bit larger... I dunno if that will help you...

just got a can of it: 395 g !!!

creedfan47a
05-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks, Marcos, I'll have a look when I'm shopping tomorrow. ;)

Here's my recipe, people!! These are a favourite in my family. :D

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Makes approx. 24

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup milk chocolate Choc Bits
― cup plain flour
― cup self raising flour

1. Preheat oven to 340°F (320°F for fan-forced ovens). Place non-stick baking paper on 2 flat baking trays.

2. Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and margarine using wooden spoon. Fold in choc bits and sifted flours until blended.

3. Place tablespoons of mixture on greased trays leaving room to spread slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes before lifting with spatula onto cooling rack.

4. When cool, store in airtight container.

creedfan47a
05-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Oh, just a few comments about my cookie recipe.

The Choc Bits are small bits of chocolate that look like drops (mini-Hershey Kisses, says Teri). They are meant to be used for baking, and they keep their drop shape instead of melting.

I think you guys call plain flour "all purpose flour" or something like that.

Enjoy! :D