who likes system of a down?

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 03:26 PM
Never heard anything from them.

OneLastBreath
10-20-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Never heard anything from them.

youre deprived and need to hear them, there great.

listen to anything from the album 'Toxicity', and especially the song 'Chop Suey!', SOAD are one of the best rock bands in the world.

Dogstar
10-20-2002, 08:49 PM
I've only heard what's on the radio. I like Aerials. It has cool harmonies.

Unforgiven Fan
10-20-2002, 08:52 PM
SOAD is a great band....I like spiders and ariels the most..the only problem is that they are kind of weird with their lyrics sometimes...

luvscott4ever
10-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Me, myself...I think they SUCK!!! IMO, chop suey is one of the stupidest songs I've ever heard, and I don't think the singer can sing worth shi*, but that's only one persons opinion!! :)

tremontiwannabe
10-21-2002, 02:44 PM
dogstar is right! aerials is a very good song. though i'm not IN to SOAD, once i heard that song on the radio i decided then that i HAD to learn how to play it! that song is sooo kool!

luvscott4ever
10-21-2002, 08:24 PM
That's cool!! Learning is ALWAYS GOOD!!! :)

Mulletman
10-22-2002, 09:23 PM
i LOVE spiders!

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 09:40 PM
System's as acquired a taste as acquired tastes get. But Aerials has a little something for just about everyone. Man, I love that song.

PaulMcCoygirl
10-23-2002, 03:03 AM
I kinda do.

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Read JDM
System's as acquired a taste as acquired tastes get. But Aerials has a little something for just about everyone. Man, I love that song.

I love singing the harmonies in that tune. I crank it when I hear it on the radio.

Read JDM
10-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Yeah, Aerials is a total turn-up-the-radio/roll-down-the-car-windows kind of song.

Mulletman
10-23-2002, 01:33 PM
yea it is, though everytime i try to listen to the lyrics i get a bit side tracked and then th esong goes by fast. :thud:

but i think that spiders is thier best song, its the only reason why i bought thier first ablum.

Weathered
10-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by OneLastBreath
youre deprived and need to hear them, there great.

listen to anything from the album 'Toxicity', and especially the song 'Chop Suey!', SOAD are one of the best rock bands in the world.

i am sort of sick of Chop Suey just b/c it has been on TV and everything a lot ...but id still say that is my favorite song by them...the end with the piano is great...my favorite songs from the first CD are suite pee and P.L.U.C.K

System and Creed are my favorite bands...ofcourse they are a different genre of music...

Weathered
10-23-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
Me, myself...I think they SUCK!!!  IMO, chop suey is one of the stupidest songs I've ever heard, and I don't think the singer can sing worth shi*, but that's only one persons opinion!!  :)

lol yeah thats your opinion....CANT SING !!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA thats funny...he is the best singer ever heard IMO ...you need to hear more then chop suey..his singing is a lot better in other songs....try to hear ATWA....real good song

Mulletman
10-24-2002, 10:29 PM
serj has a nice voice, what i dont like is that most of the guitars are made through a DAT and takes away the level of talent they deserve.

Siana
10-25-2002, 09:27 AM
I love Aerials and Toxicity.

Mulletman
10-25-2002, 01:27 PM
"aaaaaeriiiiiaaaaalss in the skyyyyy..."

Weathered
10-26-2002, 08:53 PM
toxicity of our city....of our CITY!!!!!!!!!!!! new how do you own the world...how do you own disorder, disorder...now somewhere between the sacred silence sacred silence and sleep....somewhere, b/t the sacred silence and sleep....disorder, disorder, diiiiissssssooorrrrrrddddddeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mulletman
10-28-2002, 10:27 PM
:jam:

Siana
10-29-2002, 05:39 AM
rock on babe!:jam: :P

DangerousDan85
11-13-2002, 12:51 AM
I got their cd about five months ago and I've hardly listened to it. I like Aerials and Toxicity but after awhile their cd gives a headache.

Siana
11-13-2002, 02:07 AM
yeah,it's kinda loud ;)

Xterminator27
12-01-2002, 09:15 PM
System of a down is an odd band, the yhave great tunes and songs buuut there Lyrics SUCK, i mean comon there retarded, and that guy cant sing for crap. If the yjust FIXED There lyrics and took some singing lessons theyd be almost half as good as Creed.
I mean whop here has heard of the song Johnny? WTF WERE THEY SMOKEN WHEN THEY WROTE THAT ONE?!>@?

luvscott4ever
12-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Xterminator27
System of a down is an odd band, the yhave great tunes and songs buuut there Lyrics SUCK, i mean comon there retarded, and that guy cant sing for crap. If the yjust FIXED There lyrics and took some singing lessons theyd be almost half as good as Creed.
I mean whop here has heard of the song Johnny? WTF WERE THEY  SMOKEN WHEN THEY WROTE THAT ONE?!>@?

Thank You!! Finally someone has the same opinion as me, I got ragged on b4 (kind of) for my opinion, so I feel better that I'm not the only one who doesn't care for SOAD...I HAVE tried to listen, but I JUST CAN'T DO IT!! I tried again last nite and had to turn off the radio!! I just can't get past the singers voice..but hey, everyone has different likes and dislikes and that's the way it should be!! :)

DangerousDan85
12-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Yeah I bought it and only listened to it once

Weathered
12-02-2002, 05:46 PM
on the new CD...daron the guitarist does a lot of back up vocals...if you dont like Serj's (singer) voice...id say download Roulette...acoustic song that daron sings a lot on...i dont think serj needs lessons...he is an awesome singer....and Johnny is an awesome song IMO but they have way better songs