Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Happy Earth Day!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Earth Day!!

Redeemer
04-22-2003, 12:20 PM
I think Earth Day is a very important part of American culture. It should be observed everywhere. The Earth is very valuable to me b/c many times I have walked upon it and observed the beauty it possesses...okay I'm being sappy about it now. :D :D

Sheila63
04-22-2003, 12:36 PM
I think it's an important day because I see so much beauty in nature and for me, being in nature is a very spiritual experience. And I don't think you're being sappy, Redeemer.:D

JulieCitySlicker
04-22-2003, 02:04 PM
I remember when I was in school that on every Earth Day they would give us a little pine tree to take home and plant:P Did anyone elses school do this:)

Redeemer
04-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Whew, thanx, Sheila, I was afraid someone was gonna laugh at me. Trust me, I do get a lot of laughs when I say stuff like that. :embarass:
Julie, I wish my school did that!! I would most definitely plant it, or at least get my dad to. I love trees!!!! We have some great dogwood trees where I live, and some other nice trees I don't know the name of. Tree Power!! :lol: :lol:

Lechium
04-22-2003, 02:44 PM
I do 12 hours of ecological (though Entomology deprtment) research every week, so yeah sorta care.
(Project is about impact of pollution (esp. Nitrogen), and we monitor that impact though observation of incects and theri habitat. Pretty interesting stuff.)

Bridge of Clay
04-22-2003, 04:15 PM
I thought we celebrated Earth Day all around the Earth, not only in America :confused: ;)

Siana
04-22-2003, 04:30 PM
yes,we celebrate it here in Bulgaria too

Sheila63
04-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Redeemer
Whew, thanx, Sheila, I was afraid someone was gonna laugh at me. Trust me, I do get a lot of laughs when I say stuff like that. :embarass:
Julie, I wish my school did that!! I would most definitely plant it, or at least get my dad to. I love trees!!!! We have some great dogwood trees where I live, and some other nice trees I don't know the name of. Tree Power!! :lol: :lol:

You're welcome, Redeemer!:D Sorry to hear people laugh when you say things like that.:( But I understand what you're saying.

I think giving the kids a tree is a great idea, Julie! I don't remember my school doing that though.

Dogstar
04-23-2003, 12:47 PM
I definitely care, and no, Sid, you are not being sappy. I think we take our planet (at least here in America) for granted far too much. I do my best to keep my impact on the environment to a minimum. And being in nature is spiritual for me as well. It's when I feel most calm.