Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Letīs stop it [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Letīs stop it

Bridge of Clay
04-22-2003, 02:11 AM
okay... I think weīre done with it, more than enough...

Leechium is being the topic of some heated debates here, but letīs get things straight:

1. Iīll not defend Leech in this post, but see my point:
~ Since he came back to the board, he hasnīt offended anyone.

Before, he made people pissed, teased them, bashed Creed, sent some unpleasant PMs to a few, disrepected the others and pushed them to their limits. Thatīs why so many people donīt like him,

Now, he got easy. Except for his point of view on religion, specifically about Christianity, he showed his point and questioned the othersī beliefs. A lil bitter, but he didnīt force anyone to become an agnostic/whatever he is.

The majority here is Christian, and some are trying to convert Leechium to Christianity. Let it go... Donīt push the guy, but everybody is welcomed to expose their point of views. Remember disagreeing is healthy. If you present a good argument, be sure the other may accept it and share your idea, but just donīt force the other to agree with something he doesnīt. Iīm not saying only about the Leechium case. I made the same mistake once.

The fact is since Leechium came back, he showed heīs changed.
Isnīt it always about you get what you give? He didnīt disrespect anybody, why are we disrespecting him?

anyway, thatīs just my :2cents:

Lechium
04-22-2003, 03:24 AM
Oh man a voice of reason.

Well dont underestimate the power of habit. People are used to dislike me, so things I say are being interprited in the worst way possible, and if you made some of posts I did, you'd get much better responce. Just human nature -- people are inclined to see what the want to see, rather that what's really there.

hayley
04-22-2003, 04:09 AM
You just get on peoples nerves easily....it's just you

marlsy
04-22-2003, 09:47 AM
sorry Marcos, but if he is gonna be an a-hole, he will be treated as one, if he wants to be nice he will be treated nicely. End of story. That's my 2 cents. I don't dislike him, hate him or anything, but if he wants to agrue just for the sake of arguing then I don't think he will be treated nicely here. I really think that's why he is here, he loves to piss people off. Just my opinion.

Lechium
04-22-2003, 10:08 AM
You have yoru oppinion and I have mine. Why when I express my oppinion I get branded as an asshole, while you can express yours all you want without getting such status. In addition I got called names quiet a few times as of lateley, while I never lowered myself to calling you guys names. It seems like there's double standart going on here, and you have hard time respecting people with opponiosn differnt from yours.

marlsy
04-22-2003, 10:12 AM
you just don't know how to talk to people, when you express your opinion it's more of your right everyone else is wrong. I respect everyones opinions, noone is gonna agree on everything, dosn't mean you have to get into someones face about it and be so damn negetive all the time.

Lechium
04-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Im not the one who's being negative here.
Lets take religion debate.

Many people here: you either belive in Jesus or you go to hell for all eternety to suffer!
Me: well it is possible, but maybe not.
These people: it's so sad, but you'll go to hell if you dont accept Jesus
Me: umm there gotta be options. It doesnt make sence that millions of people will suffer for eternty just cuz they dont belive what book told them to.

See? I'm saying that maybe things can work out either way, while others say that its either their way or eternety of suffering.

marlsy
04-22-2003, 10:24 AM
I understand your thinking on that, you have the right to believe in what you want, I don't think anyone should shove their religion down anyones throat. You believe what you believe. They believe what they believe, Christians are told to save people, they really think you will go to hell if you do not believe in Christ as God's son, they really are just trying to save you that's all. Don't take it as a negative thing. I am a Christian also so that is what I believe, you have the right to believe what you want.

Religion and Politics, good subjects NOT to talk about!!! It WILL turn heated no matter what usually.

Marty
04-22-2003, 10:48 AM
I am a Christian, I'm not afraid to tell you. But I've learned over the years that you can't convert someone to believing in Christ. Its their decision. Lechium is not a Christian, so what. Its his decision. I'm not going to get in his face and say BELIEVE OR DIE! He seems like a smart fellow, so leave him along.

I agree, some of his previous posts did tick me a bit off, but I'm not calling him a asshole, or anything else. Leave him alone, you know what subjects not to discuss, so don't discuss them with him. Lechium, you could help by not posting in the topics (like Religious topcs) where you could get branded a asshole, or where you could (on purpose or not) get everyone on edge.

Come on guys. Its called tollerance. :)

This isn't meant to offend if it does.
________
HEAT GUN VAPORIZERS (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Redeemer
04-22-2003, 11:20 AM
I like Lechium. He's funny sometimes. If he doesn't like Creed, or whatever, that's his choice. If he doesn't believe in Christianity, whatever, because I don't even know what I believe in anymore, so whatever. You can't change his views, so don't try. Just accept him for what he is and accept the fact that some ppl do have different views and some ppl don't exactly present these views in a nice way. That's just the way he is, and even a few angry flaming posts from us isn't gonna change him.

Same as Dude...this isn't meant to offend if it does.

Bridge of Clay
04-22-2003, 11:30 AM
Marlsy, I agree with you. Leechium did on my nerves before he left he board. But now heīs being labeled like the Leechium he was before when such thing shouldnīt happen, since he seems to be changed. He didnīt disrespect anybody now...

I mean, we should focus on more interesting threads: we got 3 about him. I created another one, but the intent of this is to end the Leechium debate.

Iīm not trying to defend him. He did wrong things before, really wrong things on PMs, but since he cane back he didnīt... thatīs it

goddess_bb
04-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Wow, I second Marcos..though I was not here before I have not seen anything naughty from Leechium...
On the note of being chirstian or not I must say I have the most respect for people who keep their faith to themselves instead of shoving it down my throat...before I get bashed for this let me say I have a relationship with God but I think religion SUCKS!!

JulieCitySlicker
04-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Not to be mean but I don't get why he came back:confused:

Redeemer
04-22-2003, 02:44 PM
He likes us. He knows he does. :D

Lechium
04-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
Wow, I second Marcos..though I was not here before I have not seen anything naughty from Leechium...
 On the note of being chirstian or not I must say I have the most respect for people who keep their faith to themselves instead of shoving it down my throat...before I get bashed for this let me say I have a relationship with God but I think religion SUCKS!!
Ditto. There's no need a middle man. And we do not need multi million dollar churches.
Although I do sorta like Dalai Lama, but he doesnt preach and doesnt scare anyone with grim prospects of what will happen if you dont conform. He is just a happy guy who tries to make people around him happy.

goddess_bb
04-22-2003, 08:12 PM
There is an ancient belief that hell is not fire and brimstone but rather hell is "the absence of God".. long ago the bible was rewritten to scare people. Doesn't it seem sad that people need to be scared into believing???
Leechium..you are right there is no need for a middleman...

Bridge of Clay
04-22-2003, 09:52 PM
prove me it was rewritten coz Iīm sure it wasnīt.

JulieCitySlicker
04-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
<b>There is an ancient belief that hell is not fire and brimstone but rather hell is "the absence of God".. long ago the bible was rewritten to scare people. Doesn't it seem sad that people need to be scared into believing???
&nbsp;Leechium..you are right there is no need for a middleman... </b> I beg to differ! I have heard from many people that have had visions from God about hell and there is fire and eternal suffering and damnation there. I have also heard a few people who have died and came back to life and actually saw hell themselves.

Leader of Men
04-22-2003, 10:20 PM
I have to agree, since I have signed up, he has been nothing but reasonable... (From what I have seen) I wonder why people gave me a second chance and are nice, but not him... what did he do in the past?

creedfan47a
04-22-2003, 10:21 PM
He did a whole lot worse than a little post whoring!!! ;)

Lechium
04-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I beg to differ! I have heard from many people that have had visions from God about hell and there is fire and eternal suffering and damnation there. I have also heard a few people who have died and came back to life and actually saw hell themselves.

"Visions" can really be anything... acid trip? Lucid Dream? Sun stroke? These things can cause visiosn of sort, but are they a proof of anything? Hardly.

Also Christinity tries to scare people into joining it by saying "if you dont join us you'll burn in hell". Like many other religions do. I dont knwo if Bible was rewritten but... you know when your Bible says someting like "King Jame's Verison" I wonder if you can belive that it is a true word of God, once it's someones version.

JulieCitySlicker
04-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>"Visions" can really be anything... acid trip? Lucid Dream? Sun stroke? These things can cause visiosn of sort, but are they a proof of anything? Hardly.

Also Christinity tries to scare people into joining it by saying "if you dont join us you'll burn in hell". Like many other religions do. I dont knwo if Bible was rewritten but... you know when your Bible says someting like "King Jame's Verison" I wonder if you can belive that it is a true word of God, once it's someones version. </b> Whatever:rolleyes:

Lechium
04-23-2003, 01:47 AM
What I had said is based on logic only. How can you handle obscure concepts in the bible and fail to see simple logic here?

JulieCitySlicker
04-23-2003, 01:48 AM
I thought I stopped this debate thing:rolleyes:

creedfan47a
04-23-2003, 01:52 AM
You thought wrong dude. :D ;)

If we keep out of this thread, it might stop. Leech will have no one to argue with. :D

JulieCitySlicker
04-23-2003, 01:54 AM
I've pretty much said what I wanted to on this subject;) I'm done now!

creedfan47a
04-23-2003, 01:59 AM
Me too! :D Ta ta!

Bridge of Clay
04-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Christianity doesnīt try to scare people. It doesnīt match with God, who gives love and is truthfully. The Roman Catholic Church, though, used to create myths on the Bible to scare the people, back in the Middle Age.

If you read the Bible accurately, thereīs nothing about Hell, Purgatory or people going straight to Heaven or Hell after they die, except for Jesus, Moses, Eliah and a few others, maybe.

Death, according to the Bible, is a permanent state of sleep, with no dreams or conscience (sp?). When youīre dead, you dont know it, you donīt think nor dream.

Through the years, though, churches adapted the words to make it more confortable to its members.You have to study the Bible by yourself, of course someone can guide you and give directions, but always seek the truth.

This thread wasnīt supposed to host a religion discussion. Now Iīm feeling sorry I created it...

marlsy
04-23-2003, 11:47 AM
unfortunatley I have been to many Christian churches that really do scare you into believing. You will go to hell if you do not believe, are you saved? That is pretty scary to me LOL

Bridge of Clay
04-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Lol! I grew up on the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Iīve never heard this kind of stuff!

The Bible says God will judge each according to the light they received and their hearts. Even people who never heard of God may go to Heaven when Jesus comes back due their good and right hearts, no matter of your color, sex or religion.

Dogstar
04-23-2003, 11:53 AM
I just have one request here. Can we please debate religion in the forums dedicated to faith and religion? The religious debates, while interesting, are starting to pervade threads and forums dedicated to other subjects. Thank you and good day. :D

whitebird
04-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Marcos-
I'm not sorry that you created this thread. You have one of the kindest hearts on this board, and you express yourself very well.
You start some very interesting debates, and others value your wisdom.

Bridge of Clay
04-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Dogstar, I agree.

Whitebird, thanks!!! :)

marlsy
04-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
Lol! I grew up on the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Iīve never heard this kind of stuff! &nbsp;

The Bible says God will judge each according to the light they received and their hearts. Even people who never heard of God may go to Heaven when Jesus comes back due their good and right hearts, no matter of your color, sex or religion.

Wow Marcos, I really like your beliefs!! Seventh Day Adventist sounds like my kind of church!! I'm talking about Calvary Chapel, I've been to many diff. ones, they are all the same, they preach hell and brimstone if you do not do what they say. It's really why I don't go to church anymore, I guess I should look into diff. churches huh? My husband used to be in a Christian rock band from Calvary and it got way to heavy for us, if we didn't go to church one Sunday they were all over us with questions, where were you????? In our old house we put up a picket fence and they were all over my husband as to WHY he didn't put that money into the band. They started to tell us how to disipline our 2 yr old, said we needed to spank her, Needless to say, that was enough for us!!!!! He was soooo outta that band, and church!! I don't like the scare tactics Calvary uses at all!!

Bridge of Clay
04-23-2003, 12:51 PM
glad you liked it marlsy! the official SDA site is www.adventist.org (http://www.adventist.org)
you can give it a try, if you like! :)

Sorry for what youīve been through in the Calvary Chapel! :(

Lechium
04-23-2003, 03:13 PM
About scaring into beliveing... just recently, just here, Wadrik was saying thathe feels sorry for me cause I'll go to hell and I have future of eternal suffering before me, unless I turn to Jesus. That is trying to scare someone into beliving.

marlsy
04-23-2003, 05:32 PM
yes I belive that is Lech ROFL

GoodGodGirl23
04-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
Christianity doesnīt try to scare people. It doesnīt match with God, who gives love and is truthfully. The Roman Catholic Church, though, used to create myths on the Bible to scare the people, back in the Middle Age.

If you read the Bible accurately, thereīs nothing about Hell, Purgatory or people going straight to Heaven or Hell after they die, except for Jesus, Moses, Eliah and a few others, maybe.

Death, according to the Bible, is a permanent state of sleep, with no dreams or conscience (sp?). When youīre dead, you dont know it, you donīt think nor dream.

Through the years, though, churches adapted the words to make it more confortable to its members.You have to study the Bible by yourself, of course someone can guide you and give &nbsp;directions, but always seek the truth.

This thread wasnīt supposed to host a religion discussion. Now Iīm feeling sorry I created it...

"Death a permanent state of sleep"...??

The body is just the shell, the shell dies...
Everything is energy, energy doesn't die, it just changes form...

Guardian Angel.... Spirit Guides...

:) ;)

Leader of Men
04-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
He did a whole lot worse than a little post whoring!!! ;) You mean there is a better way to piss you people off?;) :P

goddess_bb
04-23-2003, 06:28 PM
I am sorry Dogstar, you are right.

hayley
04-23-2003, 07:02 PM
hmmm i've mised out on a lot of things i see

Bridge of Clay
04-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
<b>"Death a permanent state of sleep"...??

The body is just the shell, the shell dies...
Everything is energy, energy doesn't die, it just changes form...

Guardian Angel.... Spirit Guides...

:) ;) </b>

we had that discussion before, hun! and I didnīt agree with you nor you with me! ;)

God created the angels way before He created Adam :)

creedfan47a
04-24-2003, 01:49 AM
About scaring into beliveing... just recently, just here, Wadrik was saying thathe feels sorry for me cause I'll go to hell and I have future of eternal suffering before me, unless I turn to Jesus. That is trying to scare someone into beliving.

I agree. ( :eek: ) I can't speak for anyone else, but I think all someone can do is offer help and instruction. If someone doesn't want a bar of it, you can't make them want it. ;)

creedfan47a
04-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Leader of Men
You mean there is a better way to piss you people off?;) :P

Yeah. Sue Creed for $2 million. :madder:

;)

Dogstar
04-24-2003, 02:04 AM
Goddess, no need to apologize in the least :D!

souldancer
04-24-2003, 02:50 AM
I think we should give him a chance...Besides, Steve is our omnipresent administrator. I know I haven;t been on the board for quite awhile, maybe I missed something really bad, but unless he pulls the major negative, name calling and/or Creed abuse...we should be be tolerant and besides, I am kind of amused by other eccentrics, people with different viewpoints and a little feistiness is OK. Diplomacy is not a requirement here, and sometimes our emotions take us places we later regret ( a victim of my own emotional outbursts at times) - but nevertheless, we should be here because we all share being Creed fans. But, if that isn't the case for him, then I would say - 'good bye'.

Lechium
04-24-2003, 02:54 AM
Truth to be told -- I'm not a creed fan. I'm just chilling here. However I do not go to the band section of the board not to piss people off.

creedfan47a
04-24-2003, 03:03 AM
At least that's something. ;) Lechium, I think if you tried to just get along with us a little better, things might work. I'm not saying to withhold your opinions or change your personality, but sometimes you can be very 'in your face'. ;)

hide_tremonti
04-24-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
you can be very 'in your face'. &nbsp;;)
I think that's a good thing. "Get to your point bluntly".
:)

Lechium
04-24-2003, 03:13 AM
Exactly. I am anti-politically correct

creedfan47a
04-24-2003, 03:15 AM
I'm just saying.... :rolleyes: 'In your face' doesn't go over well with EVERYONE.

Lechium
04-24-2003, 03:21 AM
I'm not trying to please everyone. If someone has problems with me -- ok, I am giving them certain amount of respect, but if they want more they gotta earn it.

creedfan47a
04-24-2003, 03:35 AM
I give up!

Lechium
04-24-2003, 04:10 AM
lol

hayley
04-24-2003, 04:43 AM
But that doesn't mean that you have won

Lechium
04-24-2003, 05:17 AM
Won? I didnt know there was a war going on.

JenRN
04-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Truth to be told -- I'm not a creed fan. I'm just chilling here. However I do not go to the band section of the board not to piss people off.
That's fine and all BUT I still have a hard time understanding why it is a CREED board you feel "comfortable " at:confused:

Redeemer
04-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Jen, I was just about to say the same thing. Hey, Lech, (wait, that doesn't look right...should I say Hey Lechium?) why'd ya come to this board? I mean, I don't mind having ya, but I'm just wondering how CreedFeed attracted you, considering you're not a Creed fan and all...??

Bridge of Clay
04-24-2003, 12:34 PM
see? now peace reigns on this board! Good!

GoodGodGirl23
04-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
I think we should give him a chance...Besides, Steve is our omnipresent administrator. &nbsp;I know I haven;t been on the board for quite awhile, maybe I missed something really bad, but unless he pulls the major negative, name calling and/or Creed abuse...we should be be tolerant and besides, I am kind of amused by other eccentrics, people with different viewpoints and a little feistiness is OK. &nbsp;Diplomacy is not a requirement here, and sometimes our emotions take us places we later regret ( a victim of my own emotional outbursts at times) - but nevertheless, we should be here because we all share being Creed fans. &nbsp;But, if that isn't the case for him, then I would say - 'good bye'.

Koolies Souldancer!! I been.. "Fighting" for him since he came on this "notorious" Creedfeed board...*Bump* And where in the HELL were you when "Angelgirlian" needed a backup?? hmmmm...psych...:rolleyes: I'm an Eccentric..heh..:P :confused: :eek: glad yer amused;)

GoodGodGirl23
04-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Big FATTY GROUP HUG!!!:) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: AWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Bridge of Clay
04-24-2003, 11:24 PM
sweet, sweetie! ;)

GoodGodGirl23
04-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Yeah, you "IS" my Sweetie!!!:) ;) :dancing: :dancing:

Bridge of Clay
04-25-2003, 12:40 AM
and vice-versa!

:bigjump: