Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The prayer request/Answered prayers Thread [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The prayer request/Answered prayers Thread

JulieCitySlicker
04-21-2003, 06:51 PM
I know that we all go through a lot of trials in this life asnd need prayers often, so I thought rather then making a lot of threads for this that we could have one just for this topic;) :angel: :angel: If you need prayers for anything or just want to brag on an answered prayer then post it here:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

JenRN
04-27-2003, 01:48 PM
I need one REAL BIG right now!:( :( My grandma is very sick in the hopsital and they don't know if she has pancreatic cancer or if it is a blocked bile duct, she is off the charts with jaundiced, and her levels are toxic. I have lost 3 realitives in the past year and I can not handle another one! Please pray for her to be well and recover safely, I believe in the power of prayer so much! I am at work and I can barely contain myself:crying:

Sheila63
04-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Awwww, Jen. My heart goes out to you.:( I'm so sorry for all your loss this past year. I said in another thread that you and your family are in my prayers but just in case you didn't see it there, I wanted to repeat it here.

Sincer this is also an answered prayers thread I just want to thank all of you for your prayers that you said for me and my friend Kim a few weeks ago. I know I got through those few days with the help of God, my own prayers and your as well and I just wanted to thank you.:angel: I truly believe in the power of prayer and I hope it will help you and your grandma, Jen.

JulieCitySlicker
04-27-2003, 05:14 PM
Yikes! Jen that is just terrible:( I am so sorry about this whole situation:crying: I'll definitely be praying for her and for your family also! Hang in there girl!

JenRN
04-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Thanks girls!:angel: :(

JulieCitySlicker
04-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Anytime Jen! We are here for eachother;) I hope everything is alright with your grandma:(

Sheila63
04-27-2003, 05:32 PM
You're welcome, Jen.:) We're all here for ya'.

TeriB19
04-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Praying for your Grandma and for strength for you as well, Jen. You know we're all here for you!!

Dogstar
04-27-2003, 05:54 PM
You know you can count on us! I'm praying for you, too. :angel:

whitebird
04-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Jen-I posted in the other thread for a prayer for your Grandma too. I just want you to really know that I will say a special prayer for her, and you. Keep us posted, and take very special care of her and yourself.

Sheila63- I'm glad that you and especially your friend have made it through such a sad time. I'm sure that you'll continue to give her love and support. If our support helped, you're very welcome.

JenRN
04-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Well...... My grandma has pancreatic cancer, and it is spreading fast:( :( They have given her 0-6 months:crying: :crying: :crying: I just don't know if I have the strength to watch someone else I love go through this again! It was so heart wrenching to me to see my grandfather go through this and in less than a year here we go again, I am heartbroken. I wonder why these things are happening to me all at once? I have lost a loved one every year and 2 in one year since 2000. I need the prayers for strength, family means so much to me, I just can't stand the thought of her suffering the way I had to watch my grandfather suffer:( :( :(

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Aww Jen! My heart goes out to you:( I am so sorry that this is happening to you. You are a wonderful person:( :crying: It makes me sad that you are going through all of this:( :hugs: :hugs:

Sheila63
04-29-2003, 07:05 AM
Jen, it makes me so sad to hear that.:crying: :crying: I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I really feel for you with all the loss you had the last few years. I don't understand why things like this happen either but know that I've already said some prayers and will continue to do so. We're here for you.:hugs: :hugs:

((((((((((Jen))))))))) - a special hug from me to you.

JenRN
04-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks you girls, your kind words mean more than you can ever realize:angel:

marlsy
05-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Jen, I'm so so sorry sweetie, I wish there was something I could do for you :( I will keep you in my prayers and your grandmother. I was about 30 when death hit my family hard too, I lost 5 people in 5 years, including my mom. It was the hardest time in my life, but you get through it, you will get through it somehow sweetie. What dosn't kill ya will make you stronger. Just be comforted by the fact you get to show your Grandmother how much you love her, my mom died suddenly and I would give my right arm to be able to say goodbye :(

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Jen I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandma. Right now I've been doing alot of praying because I myself am still praying for the welfare of my husband. So,from now on I'll include you in there as well. I hope everything is ok and I hope for only the best for you. Everyone has listened and been there for me lately and I would like to say thank you to all of you who stopped and listened to me vent recently:hugs: So far hubby is still ill and is also stumping medical science but they are keeping a close eye on him. I recently went for surgery myself and am glad to report everything went well. Thanks again to all. I'll keep posted and Jen you are in my prayers!!!
:hugs: :hugs: :balloons:

Sheila63
05-01-2003, 06:50 PM
I'm so happy to hear everything went well with your surgery.:) You and your husband will continue to be in my prayers.

JulieCitySlicker
05-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Please pray for my older brother Dewey:angel: Mom told me that he is very depressed right now because he can't find a better paying job and he doesn't think that he is supporting Mary and the baby enough financially. If you could keep him in your prayers that would be great:)

souldancer
05-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Jen, So sorry to hear about your grandma. I send you and your family strength during this very difficult time As you give your love to your grandma to comfort her during this time, you will recieve strength. You are a courageous, caring woman - your light will ease others, just make sure you are gentle with yourself too. You have had more than your share of sorrow in a short time. Life isn't fair, I wish I knew what to say...other than, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bridge of Clay
05-02-2003, 12:56 AM
Sorry I got late to this thread, but IŽll be praying for your grandma, Jen, and for all of you too!

Dogstar
05-04-2003, 02:05 AM
A friend I used to work with could really use your prayers. I just found out that his wife died of breast cancer tonight. Please pray for him and the rest of his and her family and friends. He is going to need all the strength he can muster in what will be a very difficult time. He's a sweet man who has a real appreciation for people and nature. He's the one who hooked me up for my best vacation ever -- a river rafting trip to Alaska. He's one of the good guys, a kind, gentle soul.
Thanks, you guys.

Sheila63
05-04-2003, 06:59 AM
You got it, Dogstar. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.:( He and his loved ones will definitely be in my prayers.

Dogstar
05-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks so much, Sheila. :angel:

JulieCitySlicker
05-04-2003, 05:54 PM
He will definitely be in my prayers Dogstar:( Along with you also:angel:

Dogstar
05-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Julie. :) He needs all the help he can get.

TeriB19
05-04-2003, 08:50 PM
You know I'll pray for him DS. Always.

whitebird
05-05-2003, 07:42 PM
To everyone here, I'll also give my prayers and loving energy. Illness and loss can be so very draining to everyone, if I can share my strength with you now, I'll send it to you. Best wishes, take very special care of yourselves.

JulieCitySlicker
05-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
Jen I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandma. Right now I've been doing alot of praying because I myself am still praying for the welfare of my husband. So,from now on I'll include you in there as well. I hope everything is ok and I  hope for only the best for you. Everyone has listened and been there for me lately and I would like to say thank you to all of you who stopped and listened to me vent recently:hugs:  So far hubby is still ill and is also stumping medical science but they are keeping a close eye on him. I recently went for surgery myself and am glad to report everything went well.  Thanks again to all. I'll keep posted and Jen you are in my prayers!!!
:hugs: :hugs: :balloons: I really hope that everything goes well for your husband You are both in my prayers and my heart goes out to you:(

JenRN
05-05-2003, 09:23 PM
You all are in my prayers as well. I can't say enough what joy and peace you all bring me, you are the best group of friends :angel:

Scottsmyman: I am glad to hear you are doing well, you have been in my thoughts!

Dogstar: Sorry to hear about your co-worker, it must be so hard:(

JenRN
05-06-2003, 06:31 PM
I spoke to my mother earlier today and my grandma is home at my parents with hospice, she is slipping REALLY FAST!!!!! They said she can go within hours to days, please pray for her that her last moments are peaceful and quiet. I love her so much and want for her to be at peace, THANKS!:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
05-07-2003, 01:06 AM
She will be in my prayers Jen, along with you and your family!

marlsy
05-07-2003, 01:15 AM
geez I'm so sorry Jen, I wish there was more I could do :( I will keep you and her in my prayers. Take care of yourself. Let yourself cry all you feel like. Scream yell and cry, let it out all you can. God bless

Sheila63
05-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by JenRN
I spoke to my mother earlier today and my grandma is home at my parents with hospice, she is slipping REALLY FAST!!!!!  They said she can go within hours to days, please pray for her that her last moments are peaceful and quiet.  I love her so much and want for her to be at peace, THANKS!:angel:

I will definitely pray for her, Jen. My prayers are also with you and your family. I'm sure your visit with her last week meant a lot to her. As marlsy said so well, please take care of yourself and do whatever will help you get through this difficult time. Please to you.:angel:

JenRN
05-07-2003, 10:34 AM
My grandma passed away this AM at 8:30:( She was at home with my mom and aunt, she went peaceful. I just can't believe it was only 10 days ago we found out she was sick with cancer, it went soooo fast! Thank you for your prayers, I will be going up soon this weekend for the funeral.

TeriB19
05-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Jen, I am so sorry. I hate the cliche that at least the suffering is over but unfortunately, what else can you say? You know if you need anything, all you need to do is ask!

JenRN
05-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks Teri, you all are such a great group of friends!:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
05-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Aww Jen:( I'm so sorry to hear that! Yes, it is scary how fast cancer can kill:eek: I heard about a guy back home that had lung cancer from smoking and he only lasted 3 months after he was diagnosed:( Really makes ya wanna pick up a ciggarrette huh:rolleyes: You will be in my prayers!

Dogstar
05-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Jen, I'm soooo sorry about your grandma's passing. You and yours still have my continuing prayers. Please take care of yourself; you know you always have us.

Sheila63
05-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Jen, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so so sorry to hear about your grandma. Please take care of yourself and remember we're here for you.

whitebird
05-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Dear Jen-You have a kind and giving heart. Your loss of your Grandmother must be so very hard to you to except, I know that you loved her so very much. She knew that too, when you rushed to her side to help care for her. She was fortunate that she had such loving family close, when her time came. Take care, and let yourself remember the happy times with her.

marlsy
05-09-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm so sorry Jen, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Someday you will see her again, keep that in mind........ It always helps me go on.

Lechium
05-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Prayer requests?
Here's one. Pray that my roomates make to med schools.
Thanks

JulieCitySlicker
05-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
Prayer requests?
Here's one. Pray that my roomates make to med schools.
Thanks Will Do Lech;) :angel:

whitebird
05-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Lechium-I will do that for you Lechium. When someone askes something for someone else, it shows what that person is truly like on the inside.

Sheila63
05-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Will do, Lechium. I can only imagine how tough it is to get into med school.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-11-2003, 11:56 AM
My grandma passed away this AM at 8:30:( She was at home with my mom and aunt, she went peaceful.  I just can't believe it was only 10 days ago we found out she was sick with cancer, it went soooo fast!  Thank you for your prayers, I will be going up soon this weekend for the funeral.

Jen I'm sorry about your Grandma. I haven't been on in awhile so, I'm just reading now. Just know that no matter what she will always be right by your side in spirit. I believe that this is only the beginning and she is somewhere now where the love is so powerful she will never be in pain or sad every again. I don't know if that sounds corney to you or not but it's what I believe. When you least expect it she will be there. I hope you are doing well in this difficult time and my thoughts and prayers are with you! :crying: :hugs:

JenRN
05-11-2003, 08:21 PM
SCOTTSMYMAN..... Thank you, you are so kind always!:angel:

I just got back an hour ago from PA, the funeral was Saturday, she looked beautiful, it was so hard to see her at the funeral home for me. I handled it better than I thought I would, I think I was all cried out by then:( The flowers were the most beautiful ones I have EVER seen, they were so classy and gorgeous, not you "typical" looking funeral flowers. I went to the cemetary by myself last night, I needed to do it alone, because I get real emotional. I keep telling myself things happen like this for a reason, I am not sure of the reason yet, but I hope I will know soon. I got to see lots of family and eat lots of great Polish food!:D I can't thank you all enough for your support, it means more to me than you can even realize!:angel:

Sheila63
05-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Jen, I glad to hear that you're home safe and sound. You've been in my thoughts the last few days. I'm not sure why things like this happen either but hopefully having some time alone with her at the cemetary helped give you some peace. I understand about getting real emotional, I'm the same way.

I know it's not a lot of comfort right now but she will always be a part of you and the memories you have of spending time with her will always be with you. God bless.:hugs:

JenRN
05-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks Sheila:angel: I tried to make my avatar a pic of her and I, but it came out too blurry:(

Sheila63
05-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Aww, Jen. I'm sorry the picture didn't come out clear enough to be an avie pic. I would love to see the pictures of her if you feel comfortable bringing them to FL with you. I'm sure she was a great lady with a wonderful, caring spirit, just like her granddaughter.:D

JulieCitySlicker
05-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Its so good to see you here again Jen:hugs: :hugs: I'm glad that you got to see your family and spend time with them! I know what you mean about going to the cemetery by yourself:( I would want to go alone to in something like that. I'm so glad you had a safe trip:P

souldancer
05-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Thinking of you Jen...keep those tears of love flowing, it's part of the healing. Sounds like your grandma was a beautiful lady and she had a service to match. Heartfelt healing to you....and lots of soulful music.

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Some of you might have seen my message in the Chat forum about this so forgive me for repeating myself but I wanted to post it here too.

At work today, I heard that there will be approx. 1000 lay offs in the next few weeks where I work. My department is one of the area's of the company that will be effected. We were not told any specific information about which particular jobs will be cut so everyone is pretty stressed out.

Please prayer for my friends, my fellow co-workers and for me. As I stated in the other thread, although I'm concerned, I have a sense of peace and calmness about the situation. I believe that feeling is due to my faith in God that whatever happens, I will be okay.:angel:

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 08:23 PM
You got it, Sheila. That is really tough to go through and I hope whatever happens you will come out of it OK. I don't think I could be as calm as you are, though, LOL. That's a great approach, but believe me, I know how nervewracking that can be. More power to you!

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks so much, Dogstar.:angel: Some of my friends work in the main office and the rumors are flying left and right in there as you can imagine. Right now, I'm working in another office so the intensity of all of this isn't as bad where I work. I think that's why I'm more calm than even I expected but believe me, I'll be glad when this is all over with. The waiting and anticipation is the worst.:( :crying: I'd rather just know, one way or the other so I could deal with it.

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Exactly! Well, I will pray for you to remain as calm as possible :angel:.

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate it. BTW, in case any of you are wondering, I'm going to the CreedFeed Fest regardless of what happens!!:D

Dogstar
05-12-2003, 08:57 PM
I was afraid to ask :D. That is so good to hear!!!!!

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 09:04 PM
:D :angel:

JenRN
05-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Sheila, I hope and pray things work out for you! The anticipation is hard I know. I have tried to tell myself lately "Things happen for a reason" and either if you stay at your current job or get a new one, I am sure you will succeed! Believe in the power of positive thinking!;)

souldancer
05-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Holding you in positive thoughts Sheila,,,,and your co-workers under these tense times. I hope management gives the news quickly and gently, and with your faith - you sound prepared. Take care and I hope the best.

TeriB19
05-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Sheila, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and praying as well. But I have to admit I'm really happy to hear you can still make the 'Fest!!:D

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Thank you all so much.:angel: Your kind words, support and prayers mean the world to me. I'm happy that I was able to reassure everyone about going to FL. I would hate to miss meeting and speeding time with all of you!!

whitebird
05-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Jen-I'm glad you are back. You were missed by myself and the others. It makes me sad that you have had to go thru so much in such a short time. What I do know, is that you will continue to grow in spirit and compassion, and somehow you will be able to use this knowlege in the future to help another, perhaps many others. You are in a position to reach out to so many people and truly touch their lives, with the career that you are in. Take very special care of yourself until you feel stronger, and can smile at all the memories you have of your Grandmother.

whitebird
05-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Sheila-What a stressful thing to have happen, regarding your job. The waiting does sound like it's the worst part. You sound like you are dealing with the pressure very well. Going to the Creed Fest sounds like it woul be a perfect release for you, I'm glad to hear that you can still go. I would like to hear about it from those of you that get to go, it sounds like so much fun.
I'll keep you and your coworkers in my prayers, but it sounds like you will be just fine.

JenRN
05-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by whitebird
Jen-I'm glad you are back.  You were missed by myself and the others.  It makes me sad that you have had to go thru so much in such a short time.  What I do know, is that you will continue to grow in spirit and compassion, and somehow you will be able to use this knowlege in the future to help another, perhaps many others.  You are in a position to reach out to so many people and truly touch their lives, with the career that you are in.  Take very special care of yourself until you feel stronger, and can smile at all the memories you have of your Grandmother.
Awww.... thanks;) :angel: You are always so nice and know just the right things to say! I spent some time at the cemetary on my own that night and it helped. As I was there in the dark I kept hearing the most beautiful bird chirping, I think it was a sign she was OK!:angel:

Sheila63
05-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Sheila-What a stressful thing to have happen, regarding your job.  The waiting does sound like it's the worst part.  You sound like you are dealing with the pressure very well.   Going to the Creed Fest sounds like it woul be a perfect release for you, I'm glad to hear that you can still go.  I would like to hear about it from those of you that get to go, it sounds like so much fun.
I'll keep you and your coworkers in my prayers, but it sounds like you will be just fine.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, whitebird.:angel: I think going to the Fest will be a great release too, regardless of what happens. There's a time for everything, including spending time with friends and having fun! We will definitely keep everyone posted when we're there.

whitebird
05-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Jen-That is a really beautiful sign. It seems that nature has a way of touching us and letting us know that everything will be ok.

Sheila63
05-13-2003, 05:51 PM
I just wanted to give all of you a quick update on the layoffs at my company. There were about 12-13 people laid off today that I know personally including two managers that I work for, although I didn't report to them directly, and my best friend.:( :crying: I talked to her this afternoon and she said she's doing okay and seems to be feeling pretty calm about the whole thing. Although she said it's possible it just hasn't hit her yet. She also said that it might be a blessing in disguise because her boss was a real bitch and treated her like sh**.:( :mad: I know there are probably more to come in my area in the next day or two so the waiting continues....

TeriB19
05-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Fingers are still crossed, even harder now Sheila!

Sheila63
05-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks so much, Teri.:angel: I'll keep everyone posted.

JenRN
05-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Sheila I hope everything works out ok for you! Are they giving people severence pay?:(

Sheila63
05-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Thank you so much, Jen.:angel: Yes, they are giving people severence pay. My friend has been working for the company for almost 30 years (she started working there right out of high school) so she'll get 29 weeks of severence pay.

Dogstar
05-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Wow, Sheila, I hope everything turns out OK for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sheila63
05-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much, Dogstar. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.:angel: I heard of a few more people that I've worked with that were laid off. One of the people was a woman I've been working with the past few months and she's a wonderful person with a very sweet spirit.

There was a meeting held today about all the layoffs and I think for right now I'm safe, but who knows.:rolleyes:

marlsy
05-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Wow Sheila, I'm sorry you have to go through so much stress, that's tough!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you also!!! Treat yourself well ok?? Take a nice bubble bath with candles and a nice glass of wine with some nice soothing music and just relax!! You deserve it! :P

Jen, the bird chirping at the cemetery is a beautiful sign!!! A bird chirping at night is odd!! Have you had any dreams about her yet?? Not long after my mom passed I had a dream and I was sitting with her on a bench somewhere really beautiful and I told her how much I missed her and she told me she missed me too and I asked her if she was ok and she told me she was and that heaven is wonderful. We hugged and I woke up...... It was soooooooooooo real!! I swear it was really her letting me know she was ok!! I cried for an hour when I woke up it was so painful because it was like I was really with her. I needed that dream though, my mom died suddenly with no warning and I was having a really really tough time, the dream I really believe was her. I cherish the memory of it. Just like I cherish all my memories with her! Geez I'm getting all choked up thinking about it. I really do believe our loved ones give us signs after they pass!!!

Sheila63
05-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Awwww, marlsy, you're such a sweetheart. Thank you so much for thinking of me and for your wonderful suggestions for treating myself. I have tendency to take care of everybody else first so thanks for the reminder!

That's such a touching story about the dream you had about your mom. I'm so sorry the dream was so painful but at the same time it sounds like it was a comfort as well. I've had vivid dreams like that, there have been times when I've been crying in my dream and I wake up and I'm crying real tears.

JenRN
05-14-2003, 08:45 PM
No I have not had dreams of her yet, I have not even had dreams of my grandpa yet, seems odd to me:confused: I have pictures all over my house of family, pictures mean a lot to me. I am a frame junkie, so I have tons of different frames with the pics in them. I like to have images of my loved ones around me, I get lonely a lot:(

Dogstar
05-14-2003, 08:47 PM
No I have not had dreams of her yet, I have not even had dreams of my grandpa yet, seems odd to me:confused: I have pictures all over my house of family, pictures mean a lot to me. I am a frame junkie, so I have tons of different frames with the pics in them.  I like to have images of my loved ones around me, I get lonely a lot:(

Awwww, Jen :hugs:... Wish I could make you feel better.

marlsy
05-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Jen, it sounds like you have had many signs of your loved ones letting you know they are ok, the bird, the butterfly and the whale in Alaska!!! You just got your signs in a diff way than me!! I know our loved ones are there and they gave you those signs for a reason........... They love you and want you to know things will be ok, they are ok and someday you will be together again!!

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Sheila as a recent victim of lay-off (my husband) I hope everything is ok. He was the main source of income in the house but somehow we are managing even with him being sick right now. I will keep you in my thoughts and say a little prayer for you. Remember no matter how hard it may get you'll make it through!! Good luck!!!:angel: :hugs:

Sheila63
05-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much, Kris. I appreciate you kind words and prayers.:angel: You and your family continue to be in my prayers as well.:hugs:

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone here who has supported me through this hard week. I truly appreciate it, I'm very lucky to have you as my friends.:D :peacelove :hugs:

JenRN
05-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Sometimes I sit and think how a band called Creed brought us all together! It is really AWESOME!!!! We have become the greatest friends, I will always be grateful to Creed and of course STEVE for this wonderful gift of friendship that means to world to me!:angel:

TeriB19
05-15-2003, 09:25 PM
That's how I feel Jen. I feel as if Creed brought us to this place but our friendships have kept us here.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey guys. I love this place and on that note. Need some hard praying right now. My husband had to be put in the hospital today. Unfortunately he spiked a fever and with his leukemia(sp?) we just can't have that. He started a new chemo last Tuesday and had a really bad reaction. This week though he was ok but , he's not in any position to be fighting infection. He has a GREAT doctor and don't know where I would be without this man! The hospital is far from me so, I'm home now because I have my little girls. For all you Jersey girls,I'm in Manahawkin and he's at Jersey Shore in Neptune. Takes me an hour to get there! I'm going to see him tomorrow and hopefully he'll be feeling better. Just say a little extra one for me ok . Thank guys you have all been very supportive for me lately. Thank God for CREED! Been listening to them all day. Helps me get all that crying out!! Know what I mean!! :hugs:

JenRN
05-16-2003, 02:21 PM
SCOTTSMYMAN: You are in my thoughts and prayers indeed. You are such a strong woman to deal with this so well, you are an inspiration to us all! Keep your head up high and remember to take care of yourself as well. Always know you have several friends here who are willing to listen and pray for you!:)

Sheila63
05-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Kris, I second all of what Jen said. You and your husband will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope his fever is down by the time you see him tomorrow. Believe me, I've thanked God for Creed many times since discovering them and their music, There have been times when their words and music have helped me to get through some hard times as well. I'm so glad that the music is helping you. I hope it also gives you some strength and hope as well. Take care of yourself and remember we're here for you.:peacelove :hugs: :hugs:

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks you guys!! I need all the support I can get right now. As far as me being strong Jen I don't feel strong but somehow I've been managing. Alot of it is knowing that everyone is supporting us and praying for us including all of you! It sure helps! I'll make sure to keep everyone posted and hopefully things can only get better from here!! :hugs: :peacelove :hugs:

Dogstar
05-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Scottsmyman, you got it! I'm saying them right now. I'm hoping and praying for the best for you and your family. You really are a strong person. It shows. We are here for you :hugs: :angel:

souldancer
05-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Scottysmyman..sending prayers for your husband, the medical team and for you too! Hang in there - sounds like you have good resources, and you have your strong love for one another and all these CreedFeeders in your side too. Take good care and keep us posted.

TeriB19
05-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Kris, hope all is going better. Your family are all in my prayers, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Maybe we Jersey girls can get together to help one another out!!

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-18-2003, 10:26 PM
We'll definitely have to work something out about that Teri. Hopefully soon , right now after traveling back and forth an hour everyday then feed my girls, bath them and get them to bed I feel like I'm gonna collapse.

As far as my husband his fever is still holding strong. It actually went up but he is a fighter and I have no doubts he will beat this. He thanks all of you for supporting me through this time. Between my family ,friends and CREEDFEED I couldn't ask for more. He misses being home with his girls but knows he needs to get well for them. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow because his doc is coming to see him. I just gotta say I love all you guys for listening and offering up your prayers. Thanks so much. :hugs: :hugs:

JenRN
05-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Kris, you will continue to be in my prayers! If you have any thing medical yo are uncertain of please ask me, as a nurse I would be more than willing to help explain things. Cancer is the REAL reason I went into nursing, I have taken SEVERAL seminars on it and would love to help get you the resources you need!:D

whitebird
05-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Kris-I haven't been on the board for a couple of days, so I just found out that your husband is in the hospital. You say that you are just coping, to me that sounds like a great deal of strength. It must be difficult just having the hospital so far away. I'm sure you must be tired, taking care of your husband when you are there, the drive, and caring for your girls when you get home. Just be sure to take good care of yourself too. I love children, I wish that I could do something for you, but distance prevents it. I will give your family my prayers and caring thoughts. Keep us updated on your husbands progress. It sounds like you two love each other so very much, your love will give you both strength to get through these difficult days. Take care.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. Your words were kind and I've been doing the crying thing all day but, you just made me feel better. I have to believe that he will come through this and everything will be ok. I can't say enough how wonderful you all have been. :hugs: :hugs:

Sheila63
05-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Oh, Kris. I'm sorry you were having a crying day yesterday.:( Although I know for myself, crying is a healing thing although it doesn't necessarily feel like that when you're going through whatever is that's making you cry. I'm glad that we can be here for you. Please keep the faith, although I know it's hard to do when everything seems to be turned upside down. I give you alot of credit for all that you're dealing with. whitebird is right, please don't forget to take care of yourself too.

((((((Kris))))):hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
05-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Kris,
I'm so sorry to hear that you were crying all day yesterday:crying: Sheila is right crying may not be fun but it sure does help when your done doing it:angel: Sometimes it is good to just cry when you are having hard times and to talk about them to. I am still praying for you and your hubby:angel: Just remember that God doesn't give us more then we can handle and I'm praying that He will bring you through this!

whitebird
05-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Kris-You are so very welcome. There have been very difficult times in my life when the kindness of strangers has touched me, and helped me through. I wrote a poem about one such stranger who helped me, asking nothing in return, only that I pass on the kindness to another. I think I posted it here before, but I'll give it to you now.

The Kindness Of Strangers

moments of kindness received
live on in memories
waiting like a sleeping child
bestowing a soft smile of awakening
at a time and place of others needs
given freely with kind heart
the gift multiplys upon itself
living until the sunset of time

whitebird

souldancer
05-22-2003, 02:06 AM
Kris, Glad to hear things are looking up. Keep the tears flowing to release the pain, your attitude strong to think for 'the best' and try to be 'present' as much as possible, by his side during this frightening time. .... You have the strength and we are praying with you.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-22-2003, 01:34 PM
I've got great news. The fever is gone and he had his chemo the other day with no problems. From what the doc says he'll be able to come home tomorrow. I'm so happy I can't believe it. He is in much better spirits and I have to thank you all for your prayers and support. Some of you had such beautiful words. Thank you so much Whitebird for your poem. I knew if I stayed positive everything would be ok but when it's all happening at once it's pretty scarey. Thank you all again for your prayers and he's coming HOME!!!!!!!!!:angel: :dancing: :crying: :peacelove :hugs: :balloons:

JulieCitySlicker
05-22-2003, 02:49 PM
:dancing: Woo Hoo! Kris I am so excited for you! I'm so glad to hear that he is feeling better and coming home:bounce: I love answered prayers:angel:

TeriB19
05-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Kris that's wonderful news!!! Give him a great big :hugs: from all of us!!

Sheila63
05-22-2003, 05:33 PM
That is fantastic news, Kris!!:bounce: I'm so happy to hear that he's feeling better and coming home!!!!:dancing: :hugs:

Dogstar
05-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Wooooo-hoooooooooooooooo, KRIS...That's GREAT!!! I'm so glad he's coming home and feeling better!!! :hugs:

JenRN
05-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Kris that is FANTASTIC!!!! :angel:

whitebird
05-23-2003, 02:23 PM
You made tears come to my eyes with your words and happiness. I'm so happy for you that we could all help. Please pass on the spirit of the poem to another person in need someday. Perhaps we can create a small chain of kindness.

All My Love,
whitebird

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Well,guys he's home. Got home early this morning and thanks you all for your kind words and support. I can't believe the circle of people I've come to know here. You all wonderful and were right there when I needed that little extra support. Hopefully only good things will come now. He still has 5 more weeks of chemo but let's hope this will be the one that does it. We've been through alot but somehow we are both still standing upright. It's been really hard but with my support circle it helps me to stay strong. We will both keep everyone up to date on his progress. Thank again sooo much guys!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

JenRN
05-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Bottom line, people need one another!!!! I can't imagine my life without friends! We are here for you ALWAYS!:)

Sheila63
05-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Kris, I will continue to keep you, your husband and family in my prayers. I feel the same way about everyone here. All of you are like my second family. Jen, you're so right, we need each other and I'm sooooo grateful for my friends both here and off the board. I couldn't get by without my friends.:hugs: :hugs:

JenRN
05-23-2003, 09:58 PM
I need another little prayer from you guys, the day after I get back from Orlando I have to have an ultrasound of my thyroid:( As some of you know I have been suffering from Hashimoto's Disease, a type of autoimmune hypothyroid disease. I have been on medication for 5 years now and I need it increased all the time. I went to my endocrinlologist Wednesday and my levels are OK BUT..... my thyroid is getting "thick" again and he wants to scan it, makes me a little nervous:crying: I won't even tell you what they look for in the scan, it freaks me out too bad. He says that he thinks it will be OK but he is just "double checking" I need a little prayer from you all that I will be OK!

Sheila63
05-23-2003, 10:23 PM
You've got it, Jen. Some positive thoughts and prayers are headed your way as I type this.:) :hugs: :hugs:

JenRN
05-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks Sheila:angel:

Dogstar
05-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Absolutely, Jen!!!! Sending positive, healthy thoughts your way in addition to the prayers :hugs: :angel: :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
05-24-2003, 12:30 AM
You got it Jen;) You will definitely be in my prayers:angel:

whitebird
05-24-2003, 10:27 AM
I'll be there for you in my thoughts and prayers Jen. Have fun and relax on your trip. Let loose and enjoy yourself. The people that you are going with are a great and loving group. Have faith and gain strength and support from them, I know they will give you all they can.

whitebird
05-24-2003, 11:47 AM
I would like to ask for a favor for a friend. My very dear friend from Russia is ill and in the hospital. She has some very wonderful changes going on in her life, but along with the changes, perhaps a little too much stress. She has developed bleeding ulcers. They have given her several transfusions, but she is still bleeding.

I would so very much like her to enjoy the wonderful events that are happening in her life, without being ill. She and her family have worked very hard, and waited a long time to get to this place in their lives.

Please send her your well wishes and prayers so that she may get better soon. Thank you.

Sheila63
05-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Absolutely, whitebird. You and your friend will be in my prayers. I wish her a speedy recovery.:angel: :hugs:

JenRN
05-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Whitebird, you got it!;) You have ALWAYS been there for us, it is a pleasure to say a prayer for you and your friend!:angel:

Dogstar
05-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Will do, whitebird. Consider it done! :hugs:

whitebird
05-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Thank you so much. All of you are so great. I consider it a joy to chat with you here at CreedFeed.

TeriB19
05-24-2003, 09:17 PM
Jen, I just saw your post and you know we're all going to be praying for you and trying to make your weekend the best ever!

And whitebird, your friend is in all of our prayers, you know it!!

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Jen my thoughts are with you. Hopefully everything will be ok - Hang in there!!! :hugs:

Whitebird you are in my thoughts too. I hope your friend is ok and hopefully they will be :hugs:

marlsy
05-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Jen I just saw your post too...... you will be in my prayers!! I'm sure you will be fine. I hope you have the best time in Orlando sweetie, you deserve a break!! I'm sure the girls will show you the time of your life..............I'm sooo jealous!!!;) :angel:

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Got some more good news about my hubby today. We had to go to the doctor's and he had to have blood work. Everything came back great. His counts are up and he's no longer feeling too much like crap. He has a bad cough but it's side effects from his chemo. He has a chemo treatment this Friday but he is doing soooo much better. Thanks again guys for your support and prayers. I will still keep everyone up to date on his progress. :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
05-27-2003, 05:18 PM
THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS KRIS:dancing: :bounce: :dancing:

Sheila63
05-27-2003, 05:26 PM
That is AWESOME NEWS, Kris!!!!:dancing: :dancing: :bounce:

I'm so happy he's doing so much better!!:D

JenRN
05-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Kris that is GREAT!!!!!!! Ohhhh..... the power of prayer!:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
05-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Please pray for my mother in law:( I talked to my Mom on men messenger and she said that they found spots on her lungs,liver, and bones and it mught be cancer:( She had breast cancer before but it went away from the chemo but It may have come back and spread:crying: Her name is Teresa and she is my brother's wife's Mom. Thanks!

TeriB19
05-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Kris, that's fantastic news!!

And Julie, I'll keep Teresa in my prayers!!

JulieCitySlicker
05-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Thank you so much Teri:)

Sheila63
05-28-2003, 07:47 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Teresa, Julie.:( She will be in my prayers as well as you and the rest of your family.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Julie I'm so sorry to hear about mother-in-law Teresa. I lost my grandma to breast and liver cancer 4 years ago. I'll be praying for you. Hang in there and hopefully everything will turn out ok!! :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
05-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks Sheila and Kris:angel:

Sheila63
05-28-2003, 08:53 PM
You're welcome, Julie. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

JulieCitySlicker
05-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Will do Sheila;)

whitebird
05-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Kris-Wonderful news!!! What happiness that must bring you, your husband, family and friends. Have a great summer.

Julie-You know that I'll say a prayer for Teresa. The strength and love given by family and friends when a person is ill, is better than any medicine that the doctors can give.

JulieCitySlicker
05-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Amen to that whitebird:dancing: Thank you so much:angel:

whitebird
05-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Julie-You are very welcome. Have a great evening.

JulieCitySlicker
05-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks whitebird:hugs: I hope you have a great weekend:)

JulieCitySlicker
06-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Please pray for my friend E Tasha, she was taken to the hospital because she had a diabetic attack during church. They had to call and have an ambulance take her to the hospital:(

whitebird
06-01-2003, 07:02 PM
It is very hard to be diabetic. I have known special people in my life that both have been, and are diabetic. I'll say a prayer for her.

JulieCitySlicker
06-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks whitebird:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
06-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Well, my friend is home now:P They didn't keep her at the hospital for to long, she was home an hour or 2 later. I guess they just told her to eat something and get some rest:)

JulieCitySlicker
06-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Well, we just found out today that my Mother in Law Teresa does have cancer:( It is in her bones, liver, and I think her lungs:crying: I'm not sure how bad it is or if its to bad to be treated:( I hope its something that the doctors can fix! Please keep her in your prayers!

JenRN
06-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Julie, I am sorry about Teresa, cancer is so hard to deal with, believe me I KNOW!:( she will be in my prayers for sure!

** As you all know I had my thyroid scan today, it showed 3 nodules:eek: YIKES!! He thinks it is nothing to worry about, but basically my thyroid is self destructing and there is not a damn thing I can do about it!:( So I have to have another one in 6 months and more lab work:mad: Gee know I know why it is hard as hell for me to loose weight, My metabolism is basically non existent:mad: Oh well I guess I need to push harder at the gym:(
I just hope it does not destruct too bad!:(

JulieCitySlicker
06-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks for your prayers for her Jen:P

Yikes! That sucks about your thyroid Jen:eek: I will be praying for you girl:angel:

Sheila63
06-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about Teresa. Both of you will continue to be in my prayers.

I'm sorry you didn't get better news from the scan today, Jen.:( That really sucks!:mad: :crying: You are definitely in my prayers and I'll keep positive thoughts coming your way for the next scan later this year.

whitebird
06-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Hi Jen-I read a little last night from the thread you all posted from Florida, I'm so glad that you had a great time.

I know someone that had nodules on her thyroid. Did the doctor say anything about removing them? The person that I know, had surgery, removing the nodules, and only lost half of the thyroid. She has never had any problems since. I'm sure being in the profession, you have asked all the correct questions, but I know the doctors differ in their opinions.

JenRN
06-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Hi Jen-I read a little last night from the thread you all posted from Florida, I'm so glad that you had a great time.  

I know someone that had nodules on her thyroid.  Did the doctor say anything about removing them?  The person that I know, had surgery, removing the nodules, and only lost  half of the thyroid. She has never had any problems since.  I'm sure being in the profession, you have asked all the correct questions, but I know the doctors differ in their opinions.
Well the endocronologist I go to is one of the best on the east coast, I have faith in him, although I never have ALL my faith in one thing. Actually the nodules are too small to even remove at this time, it worries me but unfortunatley stress makes my illness worse, god knows I have had enough of that lately!:(

JulieCitySlicker
06-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks so much Sheila:angel:

Dogstar
06-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Kris! Great news about your hubby. That is awesome. I will keep praying for his continued improvement.

Julie, I'm so sorry about Teresa. You know she and you will be in my prayers.

Jen, that bites about your thyroid. I hope they can figure out something to slow down the self-destruction of it. That sucks. I will keep you in my prayers! The gym will be good for keeping your stress down. Exercise is a great release. Keep it up!

JulieCitySlicker
06-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks Dogstar:angel:

Sheila63
06-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Thanks so much Sheila:angel:

You're welcome, Julie.:) Please keep us posted on how Teresa is doing.

JulieCitySlicker
06-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Will do Sheila;) I just feel so bad for my sister in law Mary:( She did the ultrasound on her own Mom and found the cancer:eek: :crying:

Sheila63
06-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Awwww, Julie, that must have been so hard for her.:( :crying: I'll keep all of Teresa's family in my prayers too.

JulieCitySlicker
06-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks Sheila:P

whitebird
06-04-2003, 07:26 PM
Thank you everyone for your special thoughts and prayers for my friend. She is now out of the hospital, and is weak but improving. I really do appreciate all of you, and your kindness to a stranger.

Julie, I'm saddened by the information that you gave us about Teresa. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for her daughter to do the testing, and then find the cancer. "To Each Life A Little Rain Must Fall". You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila63
06-04-2003, 08:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that your friend is doing better, whitebird. That's wonderful news that she's out of the hospital and I pray that she gets stronger every day.:)

whitebird
06-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Thank you Sheila, she is a good friend to me. She and her family have come a long way to have a good life, and I would like her to enjoy it in health. I'll get to see her this weekend.

Sheila63
06-10-2003, 06:56 PM
I'd like to ask for some prayers for my mom. She went to the doctor recently and found out that her carotid (sp?) artery in her neck is 90% blocked on one side and if she doesn't have it operated on, she could have a stroke within a year.:eek: :( So she's going in for surgery this Thursday and will be staying in the hospital overnight. Please pray for her surgery to be successful and a smooth recovery. Thanks.:D

Dogstar
06-10-2003, 08:32 PM
OMG, that's awful, Sheila. She and you and your family are on the list! :hugs: :angel:

TeriB19
06-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Sheila, your mom is in my prayers. It's good that they caught it when they did, my dad had the same thing but both sides of the neck were almost completely blocked and he did end up having a stroke. Since they caught your mom's hopefully they can get her fixed up and you will have nothing to worry about. Keeping you all in my prayers!!:angel:

Sheila63
06-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Thank you so much, Dogstar and Teri.:angel: I'll keep all of you posted on how she's doing.

JenRN
06-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Sheila I am sorry to hear that! Please know that you and your family will be in my prayers. I am VERY familiar with this type of problem if you have any technical questions you need answered you know where to come.... ME!!!! I hope and pray she will do well, she will be in my thoughts! The best thing really for her is to have her family there with her after she wakes up from surgery, you may even want to stay the night with her.

whitebird
06-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Sheila, it's great that they caught it in time. I hope that everything goes well on Thurs. I'll say a prayer for her too. Don't worry, and it's so nice that Jen offered to answer any questions for you.

Sheila63
06-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Thank you so much, Jen and whitebird. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.:angel: Jen, I'll pm you if I have any questions. Thank you for the offer to answer my questions, you're a sweetie and a great friend.:D

Sheila63
06-11-2003, 07:14 PM
I just wanted to say a big "thank you" from my mom to all of you. I shared with her how all of you are praying for her and I wanted to let you know that she appreciates it very much. Your prayers must be helping already because she said that she was nervous about the surgery earlier today but when I talked with her awhile ago, she said she was feeling more calm and positive about everything. So thank you all, my family and I appreciate your support.:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
06-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Oh! Sheila! I'm an just reading this about your Mom:embarass: I'm so glad that she is at peace now and not nervous about the surgery:angel: Has she had the surgery yet? I hope that everything goes well for her during it and you all will be in my prayers!

Sheila63
06-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks so much, Julie.:angel: No, she hasn't had the surgery yet. She's going into the hospital tomorrow morning and will be staying overnight .

Sheila63
06-13-2003, 06:38 AM
I tried to post this last night but the site was having some problems. I just wanted to let everyone know that I spent some time with my mom at the hospital last night and the operation went very well. While I was there she had some cranberry juice, ginger ale and even felt well enough to have a turkey sandwich! To me, that's a great sign. She should be coming home sometime today. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.:angel: I'm happy to share the good news with everybody.:dancing:

JenRN
06-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Great to hear that sheila!:)

JulieCitySlicker
06-13-2003, 11:14 AM
That is wonderful news Sheila:dancing: Thanks for the update:)

Sheila63
06-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Thanks Jen and Julie.:D And you're welcome for the update.:)

JulieCitySlicker
06-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Your Welcome Sheila:P I'm so glad that everything went well with your Mom's surgery:angel:

Dogstar
06-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Sheila, that's great news! I'm so glad for you. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Sheila63
06-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words, Dogstar. I spent some time with my parents yesterday and just being home and being able to sleep in her own bed has been a big help. She's tired but overall she's doing well.

souldancer
06-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Ah...I see good news about your mom here Sheila! That's wonderful...now it;s rest and recovery...(and some healing Creed music for you). Take good care - I am sure she appreciates having such a caring daughter as you!
Blessings to you and your family.

Sheila63
06-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Thanks so much, souldancer. :angel:

TeriB19
06-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Great news, Sheila. So glad she's doing better!!

mamm1234
06-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Where to begin,...
I just read through this whole thread and it brought tears to my eyes. What a great bunch of people.

For me, my faith in God is what keeps me going, I couldn't survive without it.
And to have a place to go to share that faith is wonderful.

Thank you all.

Sheila63
06-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Great news, Sheila. So glad she's doing better!!

Thanks so much, Teri.:D

I know what you mean, mamm1234, I couldn't survive without my faith either.