Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The worlds is turning from god... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The worlds is turning from god...

Xterminator27
04-15-2003, 10:42 PM
If yhea Ever noticed..., the world has slowly taken the God out of everythign and replaced it with high selling commercial crap... Few things that piss me off.

Whole idea of Christmas has been forgotten by many, who now call it X-Mas and see it as a time to give presents and talk about a fat guy in a suite.

Easter, yhea what Julie said.

If you dont know already, they changed BC and AD which mesnt
Before Christ and After De-something that i cannot prononce. to CE and BCE Which mean Common Era and Before Common Era.

Also if you look in the old days, religion was strict and everywhere, now it is a passtime that verry few do, and they have to have fundraisers to build churches.

The world is confusing, with the constant proven scietific facts the catholic religion thing keeps changing what God is to suite them. Me? I have no diea just WHAT to belive. It says that the universe was made from something outside itself. Which is God which came from nothign and is always there. The universe is a gient impossible to understand mistery, and by the looks of it, we only have 300 years to figure it out, before we doom ourselfs to our greedy stupidity.

JulieCitySlicker
04-15-2003, 11:29 PM
I know what you mean X. They took God out of the schools, Christians and people of other God revolving religios are being persecuted all the time for believeing in God. Even other religions are doing the persecuting just because they dissagree with the other. They find cutsy little ways to take God out of Christmas and Easter, like bunnies and Easter eggs, Santa and elves. When we all kno that isn't how they started. I'm so glad that this life is not permanate!

bgivens33
04-16-2003, 03:18 AM
One could also argue that [harsh generalization] that God is also being taken out of the church. The church today seems to be more concerned with saving than serving. A local church is building a new building that is going to cost ~15 million dollars. How many homeless people could you feed with that? How many mission trips can you fund with that? There are too many Christians that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. There are too many WWJD bracelets and not enough "Doing what Jesus would do". Everyone is guilty of this in one way or another, but it seems to be more prevelant now. Society isn't taking the Church seriously anymore. Why should they? It seems to me that people need to stop focusing on giving their 10% and start giving their lives. One of the most basic principals of Christianity(actually, most of the major religions) is "do unto others as you would want them to do to you". I just don't see that anymore. Until the Church starts having a greater impact on the world, the world is slowly going to dissolve out Christianity. The old saying, "they don't care how much you know until they know how much you care" truly needs to be taken to heart.

Xterminator27
04-16-2003, 07:53 PM
churches dont cost 15 million

Lechium
04-17-2003, 03:03 AM
Back in a day if you're a Christian priest you were fed to the lions.
Now if you're a Christian priest you do not pay taxes.
Looks to me that things has changed for the better.

Oh yeah and about commercialization.. USA can (and does) turn everything into dollar sign. Religion is just one of the cases, that's it.

Wadrick
04-18-2003, 01:51 PM
leech, what does that mean? i don't understand your point.

Lechium
04-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I made two points (lions vs taxes and america's love to commercialize things). which one do you have questions about?

bgivens33
04-18-2003, 05:16 PM
Xterminator27: Absolutely incorrect. Here is a link to just one financing company and some of their loans.

http://www.zieglerloan.com/wsp/wspDisplay.asp?DOCID=54

And the church I spoke of is my home church that I attended for 19 years... but, I'm sure I'm wrong and you are right.

Lechium: LOL.... Priests do pay taxes. Where do you get your information?

Dogstar
04-19-2003, 03:35 AM
Bgivens33, welcome to the BB!

Lechium
04-19-2003, 03:43 AM
Priests do pay taxes in America. However churches are exempt.
In other mostly christain countries many times priests do not pay taxes. This thread is about whole world not just one country. And yeah christianity is procecuted in some countries but we're not talking about them.

bgivens33
04-22-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Bgivens33, welcome to the BB!

Thank you for the welcome! I am actually one of the old school people from the creednet BB. I have grown out of Creed but I will always have a place in my heart for their fans. They are truly a great group of people.

Lechium
04-22-2003, 03:18 AM
>I have grown out of Creed

Cool =P What are you into now?

bgivens33
04-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
>I have grown out of Creed

Cool =P What are you into now?

Favorite Bands in no particular order -

Pink Floyd
Metallica
Pearl Jam

I still like Creed... just not like I used to.

Lechium
04-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Pink Floyd rocks.
http://www.wbr.com/player/flaminglips/ Check this out, sorta along the lines. "Yoshimi... pt1" and Ego "Tripping..." are standout tracks. They got Grammy for last (instrumental) track too.

Dogstar
04-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bgivens33
Thank you for the welcome!  I am actually one of the old school people from the creednet BB.  I have grown out of Creed but I will always have a place in my heart for their fans.  They are truly a great group of people.

Ooops, sorry, I didn't know that. I am post-Creednet.com, LOL...I agree, the fans of Creed are a nice bunch of people.

The Lithium
04-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Yeah, Pink Floyd is good! I lisen must of all on

1.Creed
2.Our Lady Peace
3.Metallica
4.Nickelback
5.Lifehouse

And also the Moulin Rouge music.....But Flyod is realy good....Marlin Manson sucks...and that's a fact!

Lechium
04-23-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Yeah, Pink Floyd is good! I lisen must of all on

1.Creed
2.Our Lady Peace
3.Metallica
4.Nickelback
5.Lifehouse

And also the Moulin Rouge music.....But Flyod is realy good....Marlin Manson sucks...and that's a fact!

Hey I do not attack your music, so please shut the hell up and stay away mine.

Marty
04-24-2003, 03:59 PM
I may not like Marylin Manson, (anything about him) but I wouldn't go so far and say he sucks. Even though he's done some pretty bad stuff, I have to say he is a success. Bad success, but that is only my opinion. Nothing against you Lechium.
________
WATER PIPES (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com)

Wadrick
04-27-2003, 12:16 AM
dude, what he is saying is that Marilyn Manson sucks himself - if you know what I am saying. hahahahahah - NOT!!

Lechium
04-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Hummm? Leave Manson alone -- he never did anything bad to you personaly.

alive_in_Jesus
05-14-2003, 09:59 PM
I believe we are living in end times. The world is drifting away from God

alive_in_Jesus
05-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Yeah, lets not make fun of people, I don't care how much u despise them or the things they do....ur not in the right.