Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
SALT LAKE CITY - Postponed to 12/10 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : SALT LAKE CITY - Postponed to 12/10

CreedSpirit
10-17-2002, 12:31 AM
<b>Hi everyone, I don't know if this has been posted already?

Ok - I have a flight leaving tommorow for Salt Lake from L.A, still going since the tickets are non-refundable.... and we will see about L.A, I am wishing Stapp the best, but it seems quite "forced" to me whether legally, politically and for their careers - We need some positive Creed PR :(

This posted on the pit ....</b>

Dear Creed fans,

Scott Stapp's medical condition has not recovered to a level that allows for Creed's Weathered tour to resume in Tacoma, WA on October 16th as announced last week. Due to doctors' strict orders for extended vocal rest, it is with further regret that the band announces the cancellation of their shows in Tacoma, WA (October 16th) and Portland, OR (October 17th), as well as the postponement of their concert in Salt Lake City, UT (October 19th) until Tuesday, December 10th. Due to the rescheduling of last week's postponed shows, Creed will not be able to make up the Tacoma and Portland dates at this time but hopes to schedule Fan Appreciation concerts for both markets next year. Tickets for the original Salt Lake City date will be honored at the rescheduled performance and refunds are available at point of purchase.

Stapp's condition which was diagnosed as acute laryngitis, has been compounded by a bacterial infection. After consultation with multiple doctors on Tuesday, Stapp was again placed on strict voice restriction and will undergo aggressive treatment so that Creed may resume touring on October 20th at The Staples Center in Los Angeles. Doctors are confident that they will be able to treat Stapp's conditions and have him ready for the Los Angeles performance.

"This year has been especially hard for all of us, and what looked to be the biggest tour of our careers has turned into a huge disappointment for our fans, and therefore Creed," stated Stapp. "Creed and I take our responsibilities very seriously, and hope that our fans will understand. We have had problems on the West Coast in the past because of the changes in climate and altitude, and are researching ways in which we can avoid these problems in the future."

Prior to Creed's show in Las Vegas on October 4th, Stapp had been experiencing throat problems and his attempts to sing through the show worsened his condition. Stapp felt that his vocal performance was not up to Creed's standards and the band decided to play a new show in Las Vegas as a Fan Appreciation show on Tuesday, October 29th. Tickets for the Fan Appreciation performance went on sale Wednesday morning and sold out in 90 minutes.

Creed's current tour schedule as follows:

October
20 Los Angeles, CA - The Staples Center
23 San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
25 San Diego, CA - Cox Arena
29 Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Center
30 Bakersfield, CA - Centennial Garden Arena

November
2 West Palm Beach, FL - Coral Sky Amphitheatre
4 Tupelo, MS - Bancorp South Center
6 Birmingham, AL - BJCC Arena
8 Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium
10 Ft. Wayne, IN - Allen County Coliseum
11 Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
13 Detroit, MI - The Palace at Auburn Hills
16 Madison, WI - Alliant Energy Center
17 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
19 State College, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
21 Dayton, OH - Nutter Center
25 Tampa, FL - The Ice Palace
29 Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena

Dogstar
10-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the update, Creedspirit. It's really unfortunate for the fans and the band. I sure hope he does recover quickly.

luvscott4ever
10-17-2002, 12:52 AM
I'm really surprised that they are still coming to St. Paul!!! They announced @ 3 weeks ago that they were coming back here (they were here in Feb.)..Then when I went to Phoenix and they postponed and have postponed so many other shows, I just figured they would skip coming back to Mn...but they aren't!!! YEAH!!! That just means I get to see them 3 more times..and all in less than a month!! See...Scott must secretly love me...knows I can't get enough of him!!! :lol: :roll:

Dogstar
10-17-2002, 12:53 AM
LOL, luvscott, it's all that positive healing mental messaging you've been doing...not to mention the dreams about helping himm overcome his condition with vapor rub and all:D

souldancer
10-17-2002, 12:55 AM
Yes, thank you CreedSpirit for keeping us informed - even if it is news we would rather not here. Appreciate you! And, sending healing prayers and strength to Scott!

TeriB19
10-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
See...Scott must secretly love me...knows I can't get enough of him!!! &nbsp;:lol: &nbsp;:roll: Was there ever any doubt? I know that's one show he'll make sure he gets to!!;)

luvscott4ever
10-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Was there ever any doubt? I know that's one show he'll make sure he gets to!!;)

The one I REALLY want them to keep is the show in Phoenix...It will be warm there, when it's freezing here and of course...that's my really up close and personal pit show!!! That will be my last one and the BEST ONE OF ALL!!! :dancing:

TeriB19
10-18-2002, 10:59 PM
I hope so, because after all this you DESERVE to see him up close and meet him. Especially in the warmth of Phoenix.

luvscott4ever
10-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I hope so, because after all this you DESERVE to see him up close and meet him. Especially in the warmth of Phoenix.

I hear ya Pal!!! Just wish he could here me, see me, feel me!! :embarass: OOPS!! did I just say that?? lol!!

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 08:50 PM
See me, feel me, touch me, hear me. Were you just singing The Who?:P

Dogstar
10-19-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I hear ya Pal!!! &nbsp;Just wish he could here me, see me, feel me!! :embarass: &nbsp; OOPS!! &nbsp;did I just say that?? &nbsp;lol!!

LMAO!!:D