Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I Need Some Prayers [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Prayers

Sheila63
04-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Today hasn't been the easiest day for me. I got a phone call from one of my close friends this morning and I knew the minute I heard her voice something was wrong. She had a miscarriage yesterday and she was 20 weeks pregnant.:crying: :crying: So I'm at work, crying at my desk after she told me the news. She's still in the hospital and due to the baby's age, her and her husband have to have a burial for the little baby girl.:( I feel so sad for them, it was her first pregnancy. My friend's name is Kim and I totally believe in the power of prayer so if you could think of her in the next day or two, I'd really appreciate it.:angel:

When I talked with her this morning I made sure to reassure her that it's not her fault. She realizes things, even tragic things, happen for a reason but it still hurts. Some prayers for strength would be great for me too so I can be there for her and support her through all of this. Thanks, everybody.:)

Bridge of Clay
04-02-2003, 01:09 PM
praying! :)

whitebird
04-02-2003, 01:14 PM
How to start this, I'm not even sure. There will be people in the comming days, that will mean well, but in their attempts to make her feel better, they will say things like, "You Can Always Have Another Baby". Buffer her from these wellmeaning people. She will need your strength as a friend, now more than ever. Let her know that she can always talk to you, no matter how many times she may repeat herself, or how long her her need to discuss it lasts.

I don't know what it is to lose a child, thank goodness, but I have been around others that have. She will get thru this, and she will be stronger than she is now, but that sounds like very little comfort when you never to get to hold your baby in your arms.

I'll say a prayer for her and her husband, as they will have to be very strong for each other. I'll also say one for you. Stay strong too, both for yourself, and for them.

JulieCitySlicker
04-02-2003, 01:39 PM
OMIGOSH!:( I am so sorry to hear about your friend Sheila:crying: That must be horrible! I will definitely be prayin for her and you also!:angel:

Siana
04-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
praying! :)

me 2

JenRN
04-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Shelia I can honestly say I empathize with her. I myself had a miscarriage last summer, it is awful to go through:( I never in my life felt so alone and sad. It is so hard to overcome but she will with time, I did. It took me a LONG time to get over certain things like commercials etc and seeing teens at the malls with babies . I know you are such a wonderful person and she is lucky to have you as a friend. The best thing you can do for her is simply listen, be there, take her out to lunch later on or something. I will certainly have her in my prayers because I know how deep the hurt goes! The one thing that saved me literally last year was CREED, the 3 times I saw them live, lifted me out of a DEEP depression I had, and I will always be grateful to them for that! She is my thoughts and prayers:angel:

Sheila63
04-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers, advice and kind words. They mean a lot to me and I really appreciate it. I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through last year, Jen.:( But I'm happy to hear through the wonderful power of Creed and the guys that bring us the great music, it helped to lift you up!!

TeriB19
04-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Sheila, I'm so sorry for your friend. Please know that I am praying for her and for you to have the strength to be there to help her. You are a great friend.

JenRN
04-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Sheila the best thing you can do for her is give her your time! Give her time to heal a little, than go over and make her dinner or take her out, the loneliness is what killed me. She is in my prayers for sure tonight and so are you!;)

marlsy
04-02-2003, 10:19 PM
wow sheila, I'm so sorry about your friend, to lose a baby has to be so hard. I really can't imagine it. I think Jen has the best advice since she has gone through something so horrible. She will be in my prayers.

Jen I'm sooo sorry for your loss also. Makes me so sad. You are such a special person and will make such an awsome mother some day!! You are also in my prayers!!!

JulieCitySlicker
04-02-2003, 10:34 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Jen:( That would be horrible! I am so glad that Creed was there for you during that hard time in your life! You and Sheila will be in my prayers:angel: This brings me back to before Olivia was born and she had the fluid around her brain and the doctors were suggesting that my brother and his wife have an abortion cuz they thought she would have brain damage:( That was such a helpless feeling for them but they overcame it and Olivia is doing fine now. I feel for everyone who didn't get that good news like that:(

Sheila63
04-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Thank you again. All of you are The Best.:angel: I'm lost for words to describe how much your support means to me. I feel the love and caring from you and it warms my heart. I'll be seeing my friend tomorrow. They're having a small service for the baby so I'll be taking the afternoon off from work to attend that. I know it's not going to be easy but I want to be there to support her through it. I've got to admit, I'll be relieved when tomorrow is over.

Sheila63
04-04-2003, 04:35 PM
I just wanted to update everyone on how things are going with my friend. I saw her and her husband today when I went to the funeral service that had for their little girl. They named her Karli Dianne. Although it wasn't easy, I did better than I thought except for when he referred to little Karli as an "angel in heaven". So thanks to all your prayers, I was able to get through the service very well considering the circumstances and be there to support my friend and her husband.

On the way home, I was listening to the radio and the most ironic thing happened. First I heard One Last Breath, then Angel by Sarah Maclachlin (sp?) which I immediately turned off because that song always gets to me so I switch the radio to another station and here the end of I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. When Kim and I worked together, that was one of our favorite songs and then after switching the station again Aerosmith was on again only this time singing Angel. I couldn't get over the timing. It's like God was speaking to me through all this music. I just had to share this because it just goes to show you that He's with us.:angel:

JenRN
04-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Sheila I am glad you got through the day, I am sure it was tough!:( I do believe she is an angel in heaven, god knows we need them so much to watch after us!;) Boy talk about ironic with the music hugh? That was a message for sure! That song by Sara McGlaughlin gets to me too!
You are a great friend to her, she is lucky to have you!:angel:

Sheila63
04-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks, Jen. Yeah, I definitely believe we all have guardian angels watching over us too.:angel: The irony of all those songs being on the radio when I was driving home just floored me!!

Dogstar
04-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Sheila, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss and for you. You know my prayers are with you and your friend and her family. My stepsister had a miscarriage and all the advice everyone has given so far is really great. I couldn't have said it better. Jen's right about giving your time. My stepsister was so glad to have family and friends to do things with to take her mind off it. It was not easy for her, but she got through it. Your friend is so lucky ot have you!

Jen, I'm so sorry for you, too. That's a loss I can't even imaging enduring. My prayers are with you, too, and I'm glad you had Creed's music to get you through it.

Sheila63
04-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words, advice and prayers, Dogstar. I plan to do whatever I can to help her out and hopefully give her a diversion from all that she and her husband are going through. I'm so sorry to here about your stepsister. I hope she's doing well.

CollectiveSoul
04-06-2003, 01:52 PM
my prayer is wiht you :)

Sheila63
04-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Thank you, CollectiveSoul. I appreciate that very much.:)

Lady Valkyrie
04-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Both you and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila63
04-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Thank you so much, Lady Valkyrie.:)

whitebird
04-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Sheila63-
I'm so glad that you had that moment with the music on the car radio. It really seems that it was meant just for you ond your sadness. Take care.

JenRN-
I'm sorry that you too went thru such a difficult time losing your baby last year. I'm also glad that the music of Creed helped you cope with your loss. My best wishes for you.

JenRN
04-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Thank you for the kind words Whitebird, they are appreciated!:angel: I had a REAL hard time going through it:(

Sheila63
04-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by whitebird
Sheila63-
I'm so glad that you had that moment with the music on the car radio.  It really seems that it was meant just for you ond your sadness.  Take care.

JenRN-  
I'm sorry that you too went thru such a difficult time losing your baby last year.  I'm also glad that the music of Creed helped you cope with your loss.  My best wishes for you.

Thanks so much, whitebird. When I told someone today about that, they were amazed at the coincidence but I know it wasn't a coincidence. I totally believe that I came upon those songs for a purpose.:angel:

Dogstar
04-19-2003, 03:38 AM
Sheila, just wondering how your friend is doing...

Sheila63
04-20-2003, 08:01 PM
She's doing well, IMO. It was her birthday on Wednesday so I'm sure that wasn't an easy for her. I talked with her this week and I mentioned to her that when she feels up to it, I'd like to take her out to dinner. She seemed interested in doing that so we'll be going out soon to have a dual birthday celebration.:) Just the fact that she feels like going out and doing things is, to me, a good sign.

Thanks so much for asking, Dogstar.:angel: You're a sweetheart!

Dogstar
04-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Sheila63
She's doing well, IMO.  It was her birthday on Wednesday so I'm sure that wasn't an easy for her.  I talked with her this week and I mentioned to her that when she feels up to it, I'd like to take her out to dinner.  She seemed interested in doing that so we'll be going out soon to have a dual birthday celebration.:)   Just the fact that she feels like going out and doing things is, to me, a good sign.

Thanks so much for asking, Dogstar.:angel:   You're a sweetheart!

:D...I'm glad to hear she is doing better and that she wants to get back into life. It sure can't be easy, but she's lucky to have you for a friend :)...I will keep her on my prayer list. :angel:

alive_in_Jesus
05-15-2003, 04:42 PM
God provides us with what we need in the hard times.