Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Growing Old Gracefully... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Growing Old Gracefully...

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 11:03 AM
What does that phrase mean to you?

GoodGodGirl23
10-16-2002, 11:36 AM
To be honest with you, I don't believe my mind is gonna accecpt the phrase.."Grow OLD Gracefully"..I have a Very Very young SPIRIT,and I'm young at heart...and NO I didn't say I'm not going to grow old, that would be foolish to make such a comment, unless one dies at a very unfortunate age like my Angel boy Ian at age 23, eveyone is gonna grow old....:rolleyes: sooooo, That is what that phrase means to me... .:moon: :poopin: :jam:

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Thank you so much for the viewing of the full moon GGG... where's my BB gun when I need it. LMBO!!:D ;)

First I think the phrase to Hollywierd and the music industry means that at the age of 55 you have no wrinkles, no fat, & no sagging with or without the help of plastic surgery. And of course grey hair is a no-no, especially for women in Hollyweird and the music industry.

However, to me growing old gracefully means to accept that you are growing old without fighting it. On my ex-mother-in-law's 40th birthday, some ladies told her that it's time to get the hair cut and start dressing her age... meaning, cut your hair really short, get a poodle frizz perm, and wear nasty "old ladies" clothes made of scratchy polyester. Needless to say my ex-mother-in-law was horrified that her elder friend (50+) suggested such a thing.

She didn't listen to them of course. She still wears her shoulder length hair in a stylish way and wears some stylish modern looking outfits and has a few grey hairs but refuses to cover them up. She says, "I've earned every last grey hair on my head... I'm proud of them." She also has a young spirit... she get's out there with her grandkids and play on the trampoline and play tag with them, and even go bike riding with them and watch cartoons with them.

I myself feel the same way as my ex-mother-in-law. Some of my older friends say, "Oh you're still young... you'll feel differently once you get a lot older." I don't think so though. I myself am young at heart and I feel I always will be.

So that is what growing old gracfully means to me.

allison
10-16-2002, 06:53 PM
"Don't let go of that youthful soul. Despite body and mind my youth will never die." :)

hayley
10-17-2002, 02:20 AM
i do not know what that phrase means to me...maybe i will when i get alot older.:P

Dogstar
10-17-2002, 02:26 AM
Yes, it's hard to imagine at your age. But what it means to me is that as you get older in body (aches and pains, gray hair, a few extra pounds) it doesn't mean you have to lose your youthful enthusiasm for life. People sometimes think they have to act a certain way when they reach a certain age, numbers-wise. Everyone grows up, but I for one, will never be old in spirit. It just isn't in me. I hope that explained it a little.

souldancer
10-17-2002, 03:51 AM
...accepting the physical changes that I don't mind, like the silver strands and the laugh lines, while also struggling with the 'less acceptable' changes, such as vision (ugh). It also makes me feel like I am stripping away old veils, as a favorite notecard reads, <i>"We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."</i>--May Becker

Aimee
10-17-2002, 10:59 AM
You have SILVER strands? Lucky you. Mine are white. I'm not quite thirty so I still dye my hairs red, but when I'm 50, if my hairs are all white I will dye them silver. I think that's gorgeous.

TeriB19
10-17-2002, 11:26 AM
Silver hair is beautiful. It's those nasty grey ones that keep popping up in the back that I hate. It would be different if they were in the front where I could see them, but those nasty buggers hide in the back so only those standing behind me can see them and comment.:mad:

GoodGodGirl23
10-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Silver hair is beautiful. It's those nasty grey ones that keep popping up in the back that I hate. It would be different if they were in the front where I could see them, but those nasty buggers hide in the back so only those standing behind me can see them and comment.:mad:
:P Do like da commercial thingy "Only her Hairdresser knows for sure!":P :D

GoodGodGirl23
10-17-2002, 12:47 PM
Come on Teri, sing along with me now... "I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair, I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair!":D :dancing: :dancing:

Bridge of Clay
10-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by allison
<b>"Don't let go of that youthful soul. Despite body and mind my youth will never die." :) </b>

I was supposed to post that... :(

:P ;)

TeriB19
10-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
<b>Come on Teri, sing along with me now... "I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair, I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair!":D :dancing: :dancing: </b> Ya know, my husband has this crazy notion that it looks good and he likes it the way it is. I'm thinking about having his eyes checked.

souldancer
10-18-2002, 03:54 AM
Silver hair is beautiful. It's those nasty grey ones that keep popping up in the back that I hate. &nbsp; Did I say silver? Maybe they ARE gray - leaning towards white. ;) They just keep coming in fast, and yeah - they are dry and holllow so they just stick out everywhere with a mind of their own.

Dogstar
10-18-2002, 03:58 AM
Ok, confession time here....been chemically enhancing the hue of my hair for more than a decade....Not ready to see all that white yet. It's my one nod to vanity...Alas, I have been gray since my 20s as have all my Irish aunts:D. Got my first gray stand at 15!

Siana
10-18-2002, 07:32 AM
:P

Lady Valkyrie
10-18-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Ok, confession time here....been chemically enhancing the hue of my hair for more than a decade....Not ready to see all that white yet. It's my one nod to vanity...Alas, I have been gray since my 20s as have all my Irish aunts:D. Got my first gray stand at 15!

My ex-brother-in-law started getting grey hair at the age of 17.

TeriB19
10-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Ok, confession time here. Got my first gray stand at 15! Got my first gray hair the second my oldest child came out of my belly. She brought a bunch more with her. Her sister came with a slew of them as well:D

GoodGodGirl23
10-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
My ex-brother-in-law started getting grey hair at the age of 17.

Drew my 15 year old son is already getting some grey hairs since his bro died... and his dad is gone...:(

Lady Valkyrie
10-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
Drew my 15 year old son is already getting some grey hairs since his bro died... and his dad is gone...:(

I'm so sorry, dear! :( That is so sad. :(

GoodGodGirl23
10-19-2002, 06:23 PM
He dyes his hair black...;)

luvscott4ever
10-19-2002, 11:46 PM
I only color my hair for the fun of it!! I've been lucky...have had the child yank you a few b4...but not too many to worry about!! (yet) have always gone with the darker colors..I like burgandy!! but once I found out Scott likes blondes!! well, you all know me..had to try the blonde frost!! Used to die it blonde in my teenage days..can't do the all over blonde now though, too hard to keep up!! And I too, myself, will not let myself grow old, I have way too much fun trying to be younger!! Thanx to Creed and music, I've regressed in age over the past 6 months or so and loving every minute of it!! "My youth will NEVER DIE!!" :dancing:

Dogstar
10-19-2002, 11:57 PM
Amen! I'm right there with ya!

GoodGodGirl23
10-19-2002, 11:59 PM
I never have been into old fart music... whah is old fart music?? Is der old fart music??:confused: :confused: :confused:

luvscott4ever
10-20-2002, 12:03 AM
Amen! I'm right there with ya!

I thought you might be!!! :D

souldancer
10-20-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
<b>I &nbsp;Thanx to Creed and music, I've regressed in age over the past 6 months or so and loving every minute of it!! &nbsp;"My youth will NEVER DIE!!" &nbsp;:dancing: </b>

Feel that same regression here in my mind and soul, but just tell that to the body!!! :crying:

luvscott4ever
10-20-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
but just tell that to the body!!! :crying:

For some reason, I don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about!! ;)

GoodGodGirl23
10-20-2002, 12:12 AM
:confused: :confused:

luvscott4ever
10-20-2002, 12:13 AM
I on the other hand....my body fell apart years ago...and has never come back!!! lol!! working on it though!!

creednmysoul
10-20-2002, 02:44 AM
This thread is TOO hilarious!! Well, let me tell you. I always told myself that I would grow old gracefully, but now that I'm pushin' 45, I'm kickin' & screamin' all the way!:)
As soon as I heard Creed's "Never Die" that song became my motto. Yes, pushin' 45, but still feel 15 INSIDE:D Despite body & mind-my youth will NEVER die!

souldancer
10-20-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by creednmysoul
pushin' 45, I'm kickin' & screamin' all the way!:) Yea, let's keep pushin, and rock n rollin - all the way!!! :dancing:

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 08:59 AM
At 10 I thought 20 was old. At 15 I thought 25 was old. At 18 I thought 30 was old. At 35 I don't know what is old. The older I grow, the cooler things become. I think that I shall stop using the world "old" with regard to anything but milk.:D

Altair
10-20-2002, 09:15 AM
lota' great answers

wished my dad could've grown gracefully

major back surgery at 45
neck surgery at 50
nasty stroke at 57
double pnuemonia at 60
emphasema at 61

who knows what's next

some people are lucky, still running marathons at 65
my poor pa has had some hard knocks
stripped him of much
lots of sadness for those who love him
it hurts

i'm glad to still have him around
i'm going to take him for a drive today

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 09:20 AM
Just goes to show ya, we need to make the best with what we have because obviously we won't always have it.

allison
10-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Wishing only the best for you and your dad, Altair.

luvscott4ever
10-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by creednmysoul
<b>
As soon as I heard Creed's "Never Die" that song became my motto. Yes, pushin' 45, but still feel 15 INSIDE:D Despite body & mind-my youth will NEVER die! </b>

Funny, or coinsidence?? Just as I read your post, guess what song is on my computer?? Never Die!! :lol: :P

Xterminator27
10-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Yes we wil ALL get old and ALL die... just some sooner than others

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Please don't make me use this:headbang: or this:banghead: or especially this:spank: on your butt, X. Tides have turned, my bud, there are more of us mature women on the board who are not afraid to beat the snot out of you.;)

Xterminator27
10-21-2002, 08:58 PM
uhh is this about my "pushing the envolope to far" post or the getting old one?:D

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 09:04 PM
Take your pick, little boy. But I've got backup and if we have to, we'll come to Canada and hunt your little heiney down for the "old" comments.:D

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 09:06 PM
I wasn't around for many of the *old* comments, but I'll gladly back ya up, Teri, because I'm not keen on some of X's *new* posts. Where's that paddle?...

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 09:07 PM
I've got several extras for us. He's a little boy with a big mouth. Luckily I know not to take him very seriously. ;)

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
:D

luvscott4ever
10-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey we always say we're only as old as we feel, and I feel...NOT OLD!!! I'm 37 going on 17...hahahaha!!!

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Damn right!!:)

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 09:15 PM
Hell, yeah. I'm doing all the stuff I wanted to do in my 20s but couldn't because I had no money.!!! No growing old in spirit for me.

souldancer
10-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Please don't make me use this:headbang: or this:banghead: or especially this:spank: on your butt, X. &nbsp;Tides have turned, my bud, there are more of us mature women on the board who are not afraid to beat the snot out of you.;) Teri, don't sugar coat it and hold your feelings back, please - express yourself!!!;)

souldancer
10-21-2002, 09:42 PM
I'll gladly back ya up, Teri, because I'm not keen on some of X's *new* posts. Where's that paddle?...
You naughty, naughty girls!!!:embarass:

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 09:53 PM
:D Somebody's gotta do it!

luvscott4ever
10-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Let me be next!!! :spank: :boxing: :slap: :banghead: :headbang:

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 10:19 PM
LMAO!

luvscott4ever
10-21-2002, 10:25 PM
I have to do all that stuff to X...He killed that most wonderful story on the story thread!!! I'd like to beat him silly...and just when things were going where I wanted them to!! :D

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 10:28 PM
LMFAO AGAIN!!!! Don't worry, we'll get it back on track. He claims he's outta here for a week. :D

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 10:30 PM
X has a nasty habit of "peeing in people's Cheerios" then leaving for 3 months. He'll be back to rain on our parade again soon. He's like a bad penny, he keeps turning up.

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 10:32 PM
LOL, we'll be ready with the paddles!

luvscott4ever
10-21-2002, 10:35 PM
LMFAO AGAIN!!!! Don't worry, we'll get it back on track. He claims he's outta here for a week. :D

Good Riddance to him!! atleast for a while!! :)

souldancer
10-22-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I have to do all that stuff to X...He killed that most wonderful story on the story thread!!! &nbsp;I'd like to beat him silly... :D Oh, I bet he LIKES that idea...you gals are sure taking that hostility and redirecting it in a positive way - ;)

Dogstar
10-22-2002, 02:11 AM
LMAO! Positive energy for sure!:D :D

TeriB19
10-22-2002, 06:11 AM
I'll be POSITIVELY happy to spank X. He enjoys a good spanking from an older chick. (he must, he keeps coming back to this board for more abuse over and over again!;) )

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 06:49 AM
LMBO @ all the paddle weilding ppl of this thread. Uou ppl are funny!

allison
10-22-2002, 10:02 AM
I'll be honest - I am 26 years old, single at the moment, and most of my friends are either married or married with children. I feel like I am behind! And I can already hear my biological clock ticking! Men have it so much easier in that respect, they have no biological clock and can have babies until they die! :rolleyes:

TeriB19
10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Allison, if MEN had to have babies, they WOULD die.:D

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 10:07 PM

LOL So true!

GoodGodGirl23
10-23-2002, 12:31 PM
I was soooo freaken emotionaly drained by the time I was pregnant with my "5th" one
... that my pregnancy was difficult, almost lost her(Mercedes)..and when it came time to have her...delivery room...I looked up at the nurse's helper.. and said to her"I don't know what to do":embarass: I didn't know how to have a freaken baby!!!! And that was my fifth one!!! aaahhhh!!!!!:P :) Time to stop!!!! Having babies for me!!!!!:dancing: :dancing:

GoodGodGirl23
10-23-2002, 12:34 PM
:) Now notice I said time to stop having "Babies," not sex!!!:P :sex: :lol: :lol: :roll: :peace:

Lady Valkyrie
10-23-2002, 01:45 PM
LOL @ GGG :D

I can't have anymore babies either. After the 3rd one I got a tubal done.

Snortmyster
10-23-2002, 02:17 PM
I'll be POSITIVELY happy to spank X. He enjoys a good spanking from an older chick. (he must, he keeps coming back to this board for more abuse over and over again!;) )

:spank: should make it an arena sport

:bounce: :dancing:

Ruby
10-23-2002, 05:21 PM
I do have moments when my age gets to me. Its kind of neat to have been around to have seen a lot of stuff. I think I kinda impressed some kids at the last Creed show when I told them I saw the Beatles at Shea in 65 & 66. Anyway my next BDay will be a major adjustment the big 50 !!

TeriB19
10-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Rock on Ruby!! I hope I'm still rocking at age 50 with a positive mental attitude and a slew of Creed cds.

Lady Valkyrie
10-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Ruby you are so kewl... you make me smile from ear to ear. :D

hayley
10-24-2002, 02:40 AM
yes that is awesome!

Ruby
10-24-2002, 09:35 AM
You guys make me feel like I'm not completely nuts. Anyway the next band I really wanna see in concert is Disturbed. Anyone gone to one of their shows? The pit may be just a little too scary. When I went to see Incubus and was on the rail I was the oldest person there. At one point in the show the guy next to me pointed to a woman probably in her late thirties who was dancing and enjoying the music and said "look at that old lady over there" I had to take the opportunity to give him a somewhat playful smack on the arm for being a little brat. LOL

Dogstar
10-24-2002, 11:47 AM
LMAO! Good for you. You keep those little brats honest, Ruby.

Snortmyster
10-24-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ruby
<b>You guys make me feel like I'm not completely nuts. Anyway the next band I really wanna see in concert is Disturbed. Anyone gone to one of their shows? &nbsp;The pit may be just a little too scary. When I went to see Incubus and was on the rail I was the oldest person there. &nbsp;At one point in the show the guy next to me pointed to a woman probably in her late thirties who was dancing and enjoying the music and said "look at that old lady over there" I had to take the opportunity to give him a somewhat playful smack on the arm for being a little brat. LOL </b>

Disturbed puts on a great show and thats sweet that your in to that load thrashin stuff like if told a lot of people if it to loud your to old, and i've said it to people younger than me and i'm knockin on the door of 38, thats sad when you got some kid in his mid twenty tell you to turn down you car stereo because your makin his car window shake

Lady Valkyrie
10-24-2002, 03:38 PM
lol Ruby I wish my fiance was a little more like you when it comes to music. He is 44 and I'm 28 and our tastes in music is so completely different. I love all the music he listens to... which is the mellow oldies from the 50's, 60's, and some 70's and some cool Contemporary Christian music from the late 60's and 70's, and some older country. However, that's where his music tastes stop. He absolutely hates anything "loud" and "noisey". He hates most of Creed's music... he did like WAWO and Higher, though. He often gives me looks that shows he's annoyed with the music I am listening to. I love ALL genres of music... lol even classical, celtic, and some rap and hip hop.... :eek: LOL

I'm just glad that our love isn't based on the music we listen to... we wouldn't be together then LOL :D

Siana
10-25-2002, 08:11 AM

hhehehehehhehehehehe yeah

allison
10-25-2002, 12:04 PM

ROFL! You are absolkutely correct. There is a reason God made it so that women have babies, not men. If men had to have them, the species would never survive!

Ruby
10-25-2002, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
[B]lol Ruby I wish my fiance was a little more like you when it comes to music. He is 44 and I'm 28 and our tastes in music is so completely different.

Lady V - My husband never comes to concerts with me. He's into Bluegrass and Jazz. I go to shows with my daughters. Congrats on being engaged. Not liking the same music is not an important difference. My husband and I have so many differences and we've been married 25yrs. He never knows what Im gonna do next.

jrsman12
10-27-2002, 09:33 AM
Hey listen, ladies,
I am X's age, and I think you need to go easy on him. Now, I admit, he does act awfully immature sometimes, and might give our age group a bad name. But I don't think his opinion disagreeing with yours justifies a cyber-beating. And I don't think calling him "little boy" was appropriate either. Age sees no difference, we are all united behind Creed.
________
free vaporizer (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Dogstar
10-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jrsman12
<b>Hey listen, ladies,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I am X's age, and I think you need to go easy on him. Now, I admit, he does act awfully immature sometimes, and might give our age group a bad name. But I don't think his opinion disagreeing with yours justifies a cyber-beating. And I don't think calling him "little boy" was appropriate either. Age sees no difference, we are all united behind Creed. </b>

I think if you look at Teri's post carefully, it ends with a ;)...I think she was just having a little fun is all.:P

GoodGodGirl23
10-27-2002, 04:47 PM
I think X is pretty kewl der... no spanking required!;)

TeriB19
10-28-2002, 07:55 PM
<b>Hey listen, ladies,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I am X's age, and I think you need to go easy on him. Now, I admit, he does act awfully immature sometimes, and might give our age group a bad name. But I don't think his opinion disagreeing with yours justifies a cyber-beating. And I don't think calling him "little boy" was appropriate either. Age sees no difference, we are all united behind Creed. </b> Hi jrsman12, I just wanted to let you know that I have been giving X a hard time on the bb since April. We have been bantering back and forth for months now and we don't take each other seriously so you shouldn't either. If you were on the old bb, you would know that he can give as well as he gets. Don't take things so seriously!;)

GoodGodGirl23
10-29-2002, 01:40 AM
Hi jrsman12, I just wanted to let you know that I have been giving X a hard time on the bb since April. We have been bantering back and forth for months now and we don't take each other seriously so you shouldn't either. If you were on the old bb, you would know that he can give as well as he gets. Don't take things so seriously!;)

Yes, um da Teri is right, da Xman can indeed DISH it out too.....;)

Siana
10-29-2002, 05:31 AM
:)

Lady Valkyrie
10-29-2002, 08:29 AM
so it must be like a brotherly sisterly banter... harmless stuff.

GoodGodGirl23
10-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
so it must be like a brotherly sisterly banter... harmless stuff.

Yeah...:)

TeriB19
10-29-2002, 10:06 PM
Yes, X never really gets arguementative, just likes to yanks people's chains but harmless.

LadySilk
10-30-2002, 08:29 AM
To me it means not letting your physical age rule who you are or who others expect you to be. I keep waiting for the day when I wake up and feel I'm all grown up, but I'm still the same old me inside that I've always been. Inside I don't feel any older than I ever have. I have given up on the age thing anyway-stopped having official birthdays at 29-lol. I figure it is true what they say...You are as old as you feel. Some days my body tries to convince me that I'm not 18 anymore, but my soul doesn't agree so I'm going with my soul.

Enjoy life, live in the moment, and don't sweat the small stuff!

Aimee
10-30-2002, 09:00 AM
This thread makes me so hopeful! I know I'm only 26, but I think I'm having a quarter life crisis of sorts. Worried about spider veins and my hips getting bigger. Don't know if I want to have kids anymore when I was sure before. Not sure where to take my career. Lost my father at age 47 in February and quit smoking. I think it scared the heck out of me! Help! Is this norml? (Not that I've ever been called that before :) )

JenRN
10-30-2002, 11:56 AM
Hey Aimee I am really sorry to hear about your dad, that is sad, i have been through 3 family deaths in 1 year, I feel for ya. And by the way congrats on stop smoking!!!!! That is a super hard thing to do I heard and with all the stress your under with your dad, you must be a strong person!!! And hey I will be 30 in December and no don't worry, I feel like I have had a few life doubting moments myself. I don't have kids either yet, and don't worry about the hip thing it seems all of us women are bound to get that some day, just work hard to be happy in life, with the world the way it is it is all we have anymore!!!

Dogstar
10-30-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey Aimee and Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. That is so tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
I think it's a natural reaction to start questioning everything in your life after you lose somebody. It makes you think about your own mortality and what your purpose is in this life. I think Jen is right. While you're trying to figure it all out, work hard and try to be happy. For me, that means trying to make my little corner of the world a better place for everybody. I don't always succeed. I have bad days like everybody else. But it makes me happy to try to make other people happy. It's infectious.:)

Lady Valkyrie
11-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Hey Aimee and Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. That is so tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
I think it's a natural reaction to start questioning everything in your life after you lose somebody. It makes you think about your own mortality and what your purpose is in this life. I think Jen is right. While you're trying to figure it all out, work hard and try to be happy. For me, that means trying to make my little corner of the world a better place for everybody. I don't always succeed. I have bad days like everybody else. But it makes me happy to try to make other people happy. It's infectious.:)

WOW That was like exactly what I was thinking. Good call!

Dogstar
11-01-2002, 11:48 AM
:)

TeriB19
11-01-2002, 11:49 AM
While you're trying to figure it all out, work hard and try to be happy. For me, that means trying to make my little corner of the world a better place for everybody. I don't always succeed. I have bad days like everybody else. But it makes me happy to try to make other people happy. It's infectious.:) Couldn't agree more. I try to live my life like that, try to get a smile out of every one I run into.

jrsman12
11-06-2002, 04:45 PM
Ok, sorry, I made a mistake. It's just, when I saw your post, I immediately became defensive of my age group. Too many times in the past I have been descriminated against online because I'm one of those "snotty teenagers." I just assumed that's what your post was intended to do. My bad, no harm meant:)
________
Mercedes-Benz W163 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W163)

TeriB19
11-06-2002, 04:50 PM
Hey Jrsman12, no problem, all is forgotten! It's people like you who make it fun to come to this board day after day, and we don't consider you a snotty teenager at all. I always give X a hard time and believe it or not, no one ever really knew X's real age for a very long time because he was never very truthful about it. Please don't think that we would discriminate against you because you are young. You bring a great deal of insight and fun to the bb!:P

GoodGodGirl23
11-06-2002, 04:52 PM
<b>Ok, sorry, I made a mistake. It's just, when I saw your post, I immediately became defensive of my age group. Too many times in the past I have been descriminated against online because I'm one of those "snotty teenagers." I just assumed that's what your post was intended to do. My bad, no harm meant:) </b>

Soooo far, I think all the kids on this bb are just great!!!;) Welcome aboard!!!:D

GoodGodGirl23
11-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Where's addicted2stapp???:confused:

GoodGodGirl23
11-08-2002, 12:55 AM
This is a lil secret I have for maybe not quite looking my age... positive thinking... each birthday I have.. I say to myself outloud... I'm not another year older... but that I look a year younger!!!!! I have done this for 10 years now.. and People say I look about 10 to 12 years younger than my years!! YAYE!!!;) :jam:

"Positive Thinking Girls!";)

Forget growing old gracefully....:rolleyes:

Dogstar
11-08-2002, 02:04 AM
Excellent advice, GGG. That's a great thing to do!

TeriB19
11-08-2002, 06:45 PM
I'll be trying that next July 3rd.

GoodGodGirl23
11-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Wow! Almost a 4th of July baby!!!:D :) :bounce: :bounce:

Aimee
11-09-2002, 08:17 PM
I know you're right about me becoming aware of my own mortality. Also, my thoughts to not have kids is not a based on my physical fears as much as my concern over the future of our world. All of my friends tell me that babies are what make the world go around. And I know I would be a great mom. But I think I would rather foster a child that is already here (as difficult as that is), than bring a new one into a disaster. As far as making my corner of the world better, I think that is a priority for me these days, but I am only now finding my niche.
Jen, are you my age mid twenties?

GoodGodGirl23
11-10-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Aimee
I know you're right about me becoming aware of my own mortality. Also, my thoughts to not have kids is not a based on my physical fears as much as my concern over the future of our world. All of my friends tell me that babies are what make the world go around. And I know I would be a great mom. But I think I would rather foster a child that is already here (as difficult as that is), than bring a new one into a disaster. As far as making my corner of the world better, I think that is a priority for me these days, but I am only now finding my niche.
Jen, are you my age mid twenties?

Hey Aimee, mentally I am...heh!:P but unfortunatey, not on da birth certificate....:dancing: :dancing:

hayley
11-11-2002, 01:44 AM
wow i haven't been on this thread in awhile, what are we talkin bout ladies???

GoodGodGirl23
11-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Talking bout lil bit of everything addicted2stapp...:dancing: :dancing:

allison
11-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Aimee
But I think I would rather foster a child that is already here (as difficult as that is), than bring a new one into a disaster.

I think that is so admirable. :)