Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Do you pray more now with the war going on? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Do you pray more now with the war going on?

HigherGirl
03-23-2003, 12:44 AM
I was just curious as to what you all would say..
I'm finding that with the war going on, and terrorism
and all this weird stuff living in what seems like almost
the world coming to an end, I spend more time with my family
and say I Love You just a little more often than before...
I seem to also appreciate things I have a little more and
keep them close to me.

Siana
03-23-2003, 05:43 AM
now i pray for all the ppl involved in that war...americans and iraqi
i pray that all that suffering will end sooner

JenRN
03-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Yes in times of fear and despair it seems we pray more. I have to admit since 9/11 I have found myself praying a LOT more! I find comfort in quiet times of prayer. Things in life that are wicked and awful people ask "why would god let this happen if he is so wonderful" WELL.... in scripture it never says it would be a bed of roses all the time, infact it is more reflective of "tough" times in life we face!

As far as saying telling those you love more often how you feel of them. I can honestly say I have been this way my entire life!!! I am aware EVERYDAY that it can be someone's last, and if you really love someone and care for them, the time is now to tell them!!! When I lost my grandparents and other loved ones, I was ALWAYS able to rest my head at night without regret, knowing they knew I loved them. I find it a priority to call family members and friends, send a card for "no reason at all" and hug them, you never know when it will be your last time!

JulieCitySlicker
03-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Thats right Jen. In this life we are not promised that we will never have trials. We are going to have rough times, those are the times when God wants us to get closer to Him and to believe that He will carry us trrough them and to put our trust in Him:angel:

souldancer
03-24-2003, 03:18 AM
Yes, I pray more during these times of turmoil and mixed emotions.

shunammite
03-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Yes.

whitebird
03-29-2003, 08:18 AM
I don't recite prayers that have been written down in a book. Some are very beautiful, but I need to use my own words. During quiet times, often when I am reflecting on things that have happened, I will speak to God in my mind.

Yes, I find myself doing so more now, during times of war. I ask God to protect all the children who's minds and bodies will be hurt. Who will lose those that they love, and not understand why this is happening. I pray that their souls will not be permantly damaged by an understanding of hatred. I pray that their fear will end, and life will improve. I pray for peace.

Lady Valkyrie
04-07-2003, 12:36 AM
I can't say that I pray more often... but the content of my prayers are definately more refined since 9/11. You might say quality wins over quanity with me concerning prayers.

Lady Valkyrie
04-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Oh also I would just like to add that the reason why I say that I don't neccessarily pray more often is because to me The Divine is The Divine in good or bad times. Like with any relationship you must keep open communication no matter what or it all fails. To come to The Divine ONLY when there is a problem seems selfish to me.