Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
PJ's Riot Act [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : PJ's Riot Act

s.floridagirl
03-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Has anyone here listened to this album? I can't believe how bad it is. I used to be a huge Pearl Jam fan but since Creed has completely won me over, Scott Stapp and the quality of his voice has raised the bar for me. NOW, everyone else just doesn't seem to cut it for me anymore. I was wondering if it was just me OR does anyone else like the new PJ album? Did it get good reviews?:confused:

Dogstar
03-22-2003, 01:01 PM
I love PJ and I like the new album. I agree, it's not as good as their previous work, but it's a solid effort. It's a heck of a lot better than some of the other stuff out there that is supposed to pass for music. I love Get Right and Save You the best, I think. I also like I Am Mine, which was the single. I haven't really read any reviews on it. I just go by whether I like it. :D.

s.floridagirl
03-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Okay, I'll have to check out those particular songs. I think I am so used to Stapp's voice, now Vedders' annoys me a little. God help me! I can't even listen to another band anymore. Pretty scarey!!

Dogstar
03-22-2003, 06:41 PM
LOL, s.floridagirl...Creed does have a way of getting in your head :D.

JenRN
03-23-2003, 04:59 PM
I agree, Creed has set high standards for my taste of music!! As far as Pear Jam is concerned I was never a BIG fan,I liked them but never went out of my way to go see them live or anything. I really don't think Eddie Vedder's voice is that similiar to Scott's, it's just deep like Scott's.

marlsy
03-23-2003, 05:38 PM
yeah, I was never a grunge fan myself.

JenRN
03-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
yeah, I was never a grunge fan myself.
Me either, did not like Nirvana or a lot of them.

Dogstar
03-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Big grunge fan here :D.

JenRN
03-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Big grunge fan here :D.
I have visions of you being this "cool head banging chick"!;) ;) You like such a wide variety of music, that is really unique!:D

Dogstar
03-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>I have visions of you being this "cool head banging chick"!;) ;) &nbsp;You like such a wide variety of music, that is really unique!:D </b>

:D...:band:

:jam: :driving: <------Dogstar

jango
03-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Get Right
Save You
I am Mine
Thumbing my Way
Arc
1/2 full
Bushleaguer <- of my personal favorites. ;)

How could you not like this album?

Tamawig
03-25-2003, 08:57 PM
I was just wondering the same thing jango. Creed is a great band but pearl jam is on a a whole different level. I just hope creed can continue to make great music like pearl jam has for lthe last 12 years.

Dogstar
03-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Hey, Tamawig, long time no see. Nice to see you back :)!

Tamawig
03-27-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm always here, just too lazy to post usually.

faceless kiwi
04-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Ya cant compare Creed to pearl jam, like so many people have done.
Even though creed is my fav band.
Some of pearl jams songs still leave me in awe.
Their early stuff is the best, riot act doesnt really stand out, its still a good solid album though.

faceless kiwi
04-04-2003, 03:23 AM
And i recken 'You Are' should be the next single off riot act.

s.floridagirl
04-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Because I'm going to see them Friday night, I've been listening to it a lot. It is starting to grow on me . As far as comparing the two, it was not my intention, but I guess it came across that way . Forgive me!!:)

Dogstar
04-10-2003, 08:19 PM
S.floridagirl, have a great time and tell us all how it was, OK? I'm going on 4/28!!!

faceless kiwi
04-11-2003, 01:02 AM
You guys are lucky.
I wanna see them, lol.

Dogstar
04-11-2003, 03:10 AM
I know, Faceless. I hope they come your way soon!

s.floridagirl
04-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey Dogstar! Wow! What a great concert! They did 28 songs with two encores. Eddie didn't seem to loosen up though until quite a while. He sang better than I ever heard him before. So much that i swear he had been taking lessons.HAha! You'll know what i mean when ya go. The only bad side to the concert was there was no Black, Jeremy, or Go! I love Go so I was kinda bummed. He didnt do Bushleaguer. I was surprised. He didnt bash Bush too badly but did get political. He got a good amount of boo's . Then he went into Better Man. Anyway, all in all , it was great. Still not the same experience that I had with Creed.;) Have fun!

Dogstar
04-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Wow, thanks for the report, s.floridagirl! That's a lot of songs, too. Glad you had a good time. I know they took Jeremy out of the live show years ago. I think they just got sick of it, LOL...They have so many to choose from. I can't wait.