Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
N J fans? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : N J fans?

TakeUHigher
03-18-2003, 12:27 PM
any one from or around NJ on the boards..??

FreedomFighter
03-18-2003, 09:42 PM
I'm going to school in Miami at the moment, but I'm from North Jersey

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-23-2003, 08:27 PM
I'm from Jersey. South Jersey.I'm about 45minutes from Atlantic City and about 20 minutes from TeriB

TeriB19
03-23-2003, 08:46 PM
20 minutes away from AC here! And 45 minutes from Philly.

njcreedite
04-03-2003, 11:37 AM
I live 15-20 minutes from Philly, am and south of Woodbury NJ
Like the old joke goes ("what exit are you from") I live near turnpike exit 2.
Linda

Mr. Prophet Man
04-03-2003, 04:07 PM
South Jersey here, EHT area

Kris
04-12-2003, 09:35 PM
South Jersey here! :dancing:
(Burlington area)

:rockon:
Kris

TeriB19
04-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Welcome to Creedfeed Kris!! Always good to welcome a fellow Jerseyan to the bb. This is a great group, hope you hang out and get to know us!:)

Kris
04-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Hi Teri,thanks for the welcome.Been around for alittle bit,don't always post alot.( only when the mood hits,lol) Not going anywhere,always looking for more Creed info.My kids think I'm nuts.

Kris

TeriB19
04-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Join the club. My hubby was close to having me committed towards the end of the tour. :nutty: Lucky they ended it when they did or I may have ended up in a straight jacket. 4 concerts, me constantly hanging out on Creedfeed, a trip to Ft. Wayne to meet complete strangers who became some of my great friends, shushing everyone when Creed's on the radio. Yup, he was ready to make the call to the guys in the white coats.:D

Kris
04-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Hi Teri,I 'm glad I'm not the only one.(lol) I went to 4 concerts too but I stayed close to home. The only reason I got to go to the NYE's show was because it was the only thing I really wanted for Christmas (he thought 3 shows was enough). That was really cool you went to Ft.Wayne and meet other Creed fans. That's what I am hoping to do when they start touring again.Until then
I'm on the computer.

Kris

TeriB19
04-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Kris, when they start touring again, I plan on traveling the country and trying to meet up with as many of my Creedfeed buddies as I can. (or as many shows as my hubby will allow!!) He has been unbelievably understanding so far this past year. He took me to see the Meadowlands show last Feb and the Tweeter show in August. He had NO trouble with me going to Ft. Wayne and when NYE rolled around he just assumed I was going to go. And when I told him I wanted to plan a getaway weekend in Florida of the members of the Creedfeed bb, he was perfectly ok with it. I think I should check my basement for pods.;)

Kris
04-16-2003, 09:42 AM
:cool: Hey we were at the same show in Aug. at the Tweeter Center. I went to both shows,Fri was on the lawn(not a good place to be for Creed) & Sat. in the pit (the best place to be for Creed). The other two times were in Philly in Jan. (in the pit) & of coures NYE(300 level,not a good place to be). Even though I don't always get good seats I have to be there.:dancing: I feel the same way about going to FL. but I have not said anything to my husband yet. I don't think he will react the same way your did.(that's cool yours is ok with that). My Hubby thinks They are really good and liked going to the concerts but don't understand anything else.Working on him,lol.

Kris

:band:

TeriB19
04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Wow, Kris, talk about opposite ends of the spectrum (so to speak). The lawn one night and the pit the next! Wow. That lightning we got must have been pretty scary out on the lawn that Friday night, huh? We've discussed it at length on this bb and we've all pretty much agreed that the BEST place to see Creed live is the pit. I'll NEVER get seats again (if I can help it). The pit rules!!

Keep working on your husband. You still have a few weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!

Kris
04-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Normally the lightning would have been scary,especially because I was standing by the fence but I was to focused on Scott & Mark. lol,It was actually kinda of cool. I do agree the pit is the best place to be. I told my hubby after the NYE show I never want to be any where but the pit for their concerts. He and my boys (16 & 10) think I 'm nuts. That's why I come here,where others feel the same.

Kris

TeriB19
04-17-2003, 11:31 AM
That's the beauty of this place. I have 2 kids myself 5 & 3 and a husband who also wonders about my mental state where Creed is concerned. But I love coming here because I've met so many cool people both younger and my own age (soon to be 36) and I don't feel like I'm crazy for having this need for Creed. If I was at work talking about all this stuff my boss would have me taken to the hospital for testing, she's never even heard of Creed. But here I can come and share my obsession with all you good people and nobody looks at me funny, usually:lol:.

Kris
04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
lol.sounds like we have alot in common.I just turned 36 in Dec.
Some of the people at work really didn't know who Creed was but now they do.I can't hide my passion for Creed.Which may not be a smart thing to do since I work in a hospital.They all know when I've been to a concert because I come into work little or no voice.So what other bands do you listen to?

Kris
TweetyRas@aol.com

TeriB19
04-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Really just what people would consider the older stuff. Love Billy Joel, The Who, The Beatles, Paul McCartney (saw his tour twice last year) Elton John. I have a really wide variety of stuff that I like. And while this may not be the smartest thing to admit, I LOVE the 80's music, big hair, dance music. Not very popular but it's something I can't hide.;)

devils_here
04-17-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm not from Jersey (from CT) but I was reading and can totally relate to both your stories. My husband and 12 year old think I'm insane but at the same time my husband buys me CD's and went to the concert with me and listens when I tell him Scott will be my next husband :D :lol: I'm 31 and love all stuff 80's:embarass:

~Kim

Sheila63
04-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Count me in as one of the Creed fanatics too. Although I'm from CT, not NJ and I'm single so I don't have to worry about driving anyone nuts but I think some of my friends think I'm a little crazy.:P Because I'm like you, Kris, I can't hide my passion and love for Creed. Their music has changed my life so I can't help the way I feel about them!!:crest: :crest:

And I love '80s music too.:)

TeriB19
04-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Cool!!! See, this is why I love coming here. I can't talk to my family about Creed obsessions or anything like that without getting this: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. So ladies, let's keep rocking and continuing to hang out together!! Welcome to Creedfeed Kim and Kris and I hope you guys hang out awhile!!

Sheila63
04-17-2003, 09:17 PM
You're so right, Teri! This place is like my second home.:D

Kris
04-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone! :bigjump:
I like a variety of music too. Just saw BonJovi & The GOO GOO Dolls in March.
Teri,the Paul McCartney concert must have been good,I missed that one.I had to lol when I saw the smiley with the rolling eyes,thats what I always get too.

Kris

devils_here
04-18-2003, 04:17 PM
I get the same rolling eyes too! Nobody else I know likes Creed as much as me so no one wants to here me go on and on and on and on about them:P. So it looks like I'll be staying around here.;)

~Kim

TeriB19
04-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Good, Kim. We never get tired of hearing about Creed here. You have found a place where you are accepted for your Creed addiction with arms wide open!! Welcome and keep the love for Creed coming!!!

devils_here
04-18-2003, 09:29 PM
:hugs: thanks!!!

Steve
04-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Keep conversations on topic and don't flame others (mainly directed to extremem_LITHIUM)

Kris
04-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Extreme,you need to chill out.
Nobody said anthing about Bush or war but you.
We are talking about Creed here.

Kris

The Lithium
04-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah, sour! Lets talk about Creed....Bush=:( Creed=:D

Rock Out Creed!
Ohh, by the way....have you heard that one when Jagger play drums on state live? And when he say: "Rock on Creed" and everybody start to scream....Hahahaha:D it's REALY good! Check it out on: www.fliponline.net/fanzone (http://www.fliponline.net/fanzone) and down lode when Jagger play drums, and that one when he sings With Arms Wide Open!

Jagger Out!
Lithium!

njcreedite
04-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Hi Folks...Okay, I'm from CT but now live in South Jersey. I'm older than all of you and I quietly love Creed. Does that still make me part of the group??? I know Teri is trying. Talked me into going to Creedfest with her. My husband, 2 kids and friends all think I'm a bit eccentric when it comes to music. I love the heavy metal stuff. Creed's my fav. but Metallica is def. 2. I also love a lot of the new stuff out there....Audioslave, Saliva, Good Charlotte, Disturbed, Tool, Fuel etc..... Most of my friends like
(cringe) Jimmy Buffet. Sorry...can't stand his sound. EW
Linda

TeriB19
04-23-2003, 10:01 PM
I'll bet you're a closet ParrotHead, Linda!!;)

And I don't remember having to twist your arm THAT hard to come along to Orlando!! I'm just glad I won't be flying alone and will have the pleasure of your company all weekend!!

njcreedite
04-27-2003, 08:21 PM
:dancing: I'll be flying my Metallica banner while my neighbors are haveing their Jimmy Buffet party. Maybe I'll have a dead parrot on the lawn....under the Metallica skull.:D Cringe....just can't take Buffet.
As for the flight down... Should be fun. I think you may be a bit optimistic about the weekend. You haven't spent much time with me. I can be a real:devil: HEEHEE!
Looking forward to getting away. Of course it'll be really nice getting to meet the :band: You did tell everyone we were meeting them didn't you Teri?:razz:

RoseCreed
04-27-2003, 08:31 PM
I live in Queens, New York
I love love Creed, saw them 3 times last year, going to see Bon Jovi in August, and Fleetwood Mac in May
also listen to Disturbed, Saliva,Def Leppard

I am sure I am alot older than everyone else here, my sons are 27 and 24, so that gives you an idea. but no matter what my age I am a Creedie true to the core. :dancing:

Sheila63
04-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Great to meet you, RoseCreed and welcome to the board!!! There's a lot of great people here and I hope you have lots of fun.:newbie:

Although I'm not from NY or NJ, I am nearby in CT. I'll be 40 next month so I'm one of the older members on the board and I just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way, regardless of my age, I'm a true Creed fan. I hope they're making music for a long time because I'll be right there with them, cheering 'em on!! I saw them on NYE in Philadelphia and I felt like a teenager again!!!:dancing:

RoseCreed
04-27-2003, 08:49 PM
nice to meet you too :dancing:

you went to Philly, one of the girls I know from another board went to see them there too.

njcreedite
04-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi Rose and Sheila!
So happy to see I am not the only 39+ person here. Actually I'm 43. I know what you mean about feeling like a teen again.
I too was at the NYE show. I was right on the rail. It was wonderful. I was 3 feet away from Scott most of the night.
It doesn't get much better than that. It's fun to NOT act your age once in awhile....okay, so maybe more than once in awhile.
Linda

Sheila63
04-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah, NYE was one of the best nights of my life!!! It was actually my first Creed show and although I wasn't in the pit, I was just soooo happy to be there!! What a lucky woman you are Linda!! Oh, to have been on the rail that night!! Well, on the next tour, the rail is my goal. Dogstar and Teri have already promised to get me there if we go to the same shows.

And you're right, it's great to let loose and have some fun, at least some times.;)

RoseCreed
04-27-2003, 09:01 PM
its great not to act your age, not that I ever do anyway ;)

I love going to concerts, I always have.

DSDTonya
05-21-2003, 08:52 AM
YAYY! Jersey fans! I'm from South Jersey! I'm about 45 minutes from Atlantic City and about 15 minutes from Philly! I was also at NYE show! EXCELLENT!!!!! Glad to see I'm not alone out here in South Jersey!

TeriB19
05-21-2003, 11:30 AM
You are NOT alone, there are several of us crazy So. Jersey/Philly are fans to hang with!!

DSDTonya
05-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey Terri!!! Thats is soo right!!!!!!! Us Jersians/phillians? lol
know how to have a great time!!!!!!!
*sits back and recounts how many songs give their love to 'jersey
girls" lolololol

TeriB19
05-23-2003, 02:59 PM
Tonya I posted this before but I'll post it here, WMMR will try to play a workforce block of Creed next Thursday in honor of our Creedfeed Fest!! Make sure to listen.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey Tonya another crazy South Jersey fan here. I'm also about 35 minutes from Atlantic City. If you know where LOng Beach Island is I'm five minutes from there. The NYE show was the BEST!!!!!!!! Welcome to the board!!!!!!

arenas23
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
AND HERE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY CREED FAN FROM JERSEY. IT SURE FEELS THAT WAY SOMETIMES. ONCE I WON A CONTEST ON KROCK TO GET CREED'S CD'S AND I WAS SO HAPPY I WAS SCREAMING,OF COURSE THESE A-HOLES ACCUSED ME OF BEING GAY. GOD FORBID PEOPLE AROUND HERE SPEAK OUT ABOUT THIER LOVE FOR CREED WE GET WRECKED. OK THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BUT I FIGURED AT LEAST U PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND MY PAIN.

Sheila63
06-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the board, arenas23. I hope you have lots of fun here!!:D :dancing:

Dogstar
06-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey Tonya, I'm from Philly...I live in the Roxborough section...Our numbers are growing! :dancing:

njcreedite
06-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Hi Tonya
I also live in South Jersey....15 from Philly and 45 from AC.
I guess that means where neighbors. :dancing:
Always good to hear about more Creed fans in the area.
I hope I'm not the only one calling WMMR (almost every night) to request they play Creed. They take requests for the 8:20pm music marathon. 1-215-263-9667 (WMMR) Mon-Fri. So call away. If you go to WMMR.com, you can also request workforce blocks of Creed. That's 3 Creed songs played back to back sometime around 1pm...again m-fr. Click on airstaff and then on Pierre Robert. You see it there.
I want to hear more CREED...to lets go people.:dancing: :dancing:
Linda

TeriB19
06-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Linda, people are going to start talking about you and Pierre. I think there's some deep dark relationship going on there that you're not telling us about;).

njcreedite
06-17-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey, I'm just a fan!!!! You'll have to ask Dogstar about relationships with Pierre. :eek:
Just a little selfish promotions....I want others to request Creed so they know I'm not the only one who likes them. They know my voice over there....
Linda
:angel:

Dogstar
06-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by njcreedite
Hey, I'm just a fan!!!!  You'll have to ask Dogstar about relationships with Pierre.  :eek:  
 Just a little selfish promotions....I want others to request Creed so they know I'm not the only one who likes them. They know my voice over there....
Linda
:angel:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There is nothing going on with Pierre, LOL.