Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
What is this beautiful countrythat bas founded on Christianity coming to?????? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : What is this beautiful countrythat bas founded on Christianity coming to??????

Wadrick
03-12-2003, 01:19 PM
What is it all coming to?!?!?!?!?!?

The "Stella" awards rank up there with the Darwin awards.

In 1994, a New Mexico jury awarded $ 2.9 million U.S. in damages to 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who suffered third-degree burns to her legs, groin and buttocks after spilling a cup of McDonald's coffee on herself.

This case inspired an annual award - The "Stella" Award - for the most frivolous lawsuit in the U.S.

The ones listed below are clear candidates. All these cases are verging on the outright ridiculous and yet with the right attorney you could win anything!

1. January 2000: Kathleen Robertson of Austin Texas was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little so-and-so was her own son.

2. June 1998: A 19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car, when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

3. October 1998: A Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation. Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of half a million dollars.

4. October 1999: Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbour's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in it's owner's fenced-in yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams who was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.

5. May 2000: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

6. December 1997: Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.

And the winner is:

Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City. In November 2000, Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having joined the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly the Winnie left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the handbook that he couldn't actually do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnie. (Winniebago actually changed their handbooks on the back of this court case, just in case there are any other complete morons buying their vehicles.)

Wadrick

JenRN
03-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah it makes me sick to see this kind of stuff!:mad: I see doctors that have to leave their practice ALL the time because they can't afford the malpractice insurance!!!! It is insane how much surgeons here are required to pay! As a nurse I have it too, people are nuts!:mad: I have seen people in hospitals try to sue over the most ridiculous crap, like
- it took the nurse 10 minutes to answer my call light
-the antibiotics made me sick
-the bed was not in working order and I strained my neck
I could go on and on!!! Now of course with true neglegence I believe different, I also have seen someone have the wrong leg operated on and I have seen ALOT of infections from the hospital. But to sue someone for millions over something small like hot coffee, it is plain and simply wrong!

hotforscott
03-12-2003, 02:03 PM
There would be someone from Little Rock, Arkansas on there. I am telling you. I used to work for a Law Firm in Little Rock, my uncle's firm and we used to get people who were totally screwed in the head. They would want to sue the city because a bee stung them in the park. Or one guy wanted to sue Pizza Hut because there was a knat in his coke. How would you even see a knat in your coke. It's ridiculous. I was doing some markdowns on some books at work the other day and there was this NUTCASE that came in wanting that book by Matthew Lesko, the government money guy with all the question marks on his suit because he said the government owed him millions of dollars because he NEVER took advantage of unemployment pay and because he NEVER cashed any of his tax return checks. I mean, seriously, the world is full of them.

hotforscott
03-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Wadrick, where did you get these statistics? Did it come off of a website or something? Just curious.

TeriB19
03-12-2003, 09:19 PM
I got them from Tennessee a few weeks ago. That was nuts.

hotforscott
03-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Sometimes I accidently delete emails. About as much as I send blanks and I don't get half of my mail.:P

TeriB19
03-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Yes, I believe I've been on the receiving end of some of them, Carrie!;)

hotforscott
03-12-2003, 09:27 PM
I know, I get more emails saying, THIS ONE WAS BLANK, then I do, real email.

Now that I am off AOL it doesn't happen as often. :D

TeriB19
03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Yes, Carrie you are doing much better! BTW, check your mailbox this weekend.:D

hotforscott
03-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Ok, I will.

hotforscott
03-12-2003, 10:31 PM
BTW, what will I be getting in my mail this weekend. My email box, or regular mailbox?

Bridge of Clay
03-12-2003, 10:41 PM
what´s a knat??? :confused:

hey wadrick, how come your threads have nothing to do with their title???

Wadrick
03-12-2003, 11:12 PM
I got them in a email from a friends. Do you think that they are inaccurate or something.

Dude, they do have stuff to do w/ my titles. this country wqas founded on christianity as you read in my other thread and with crap like this suing going on, it is unacceptable.

That is what I think atleast. u can think what u want.

Wadrick

Bridge of Clay
03-12-2003, 11:26 PM
I know... it has a relation but it doesn´t match... coz it looks like your threads (when reading only the title) are to discuss about the role of Christians "building" America... with the Constitution and stuff...

DangerousDan85
03-12-2003, 11:31 PM
i don't know what the country being founded on Christianity has to do w/ people sueing, but oh well

creedfan47a
03-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
i don't know what the country being founded on Christianity has to do w/ people sueing, but oh well

That's what I was just thinking...... I thought this would be another thread about war.

I work in the legal industry, so it kinda keeps me in business if people sue everyone. :P But I do think people go too far. Sometimes you just have to take responsibility for your own actions.

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 12:03 AM
not to go "Leech" on this thread, but how was the country founded on Christianity?

Wadrick
03-13-2003, 12:50 PM
dude, go you read my other thread...What The USA founded on Christianity.
It is the chat o rama thread. It explains everything. I am in a time crunch currecntly so I can't explain it here. It is the thing about Patrick Henry - Give me libert or give me death. That is just half of his quote, read all of it in my thread.

Wadrick

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 03:49 PM
ok DUDE

hotforscott
03-13-2003, 05:24 PM
A knat is a teeney tiny little bug, they swarm around. Harmless, but annoying as shit.

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 05:31 PM
especially if you're sweaty

hotforscott
03-13-2003, 05:38 PM
Yes, sweaty and wearing a black shirt covered in dog hair, huh?;)

creedfan47a
03-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Wadrick
dude, go you read my other thread...What The USA founded on Christianity.

I just thought this was so funny....... :lol: "Go you read my other thread" :lol: Sounds like something Yoda from Star Wars would say. :P

TeriB19
03-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Read it I will, understand it, I may. Hmmmm.;)

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 09:15 PM
lmao, that's too funny

how feel you?

afraid are you?

JulieCitySlicker
03-13-2003, 09:17 PM
lmao, that's too funny

how feel you?

afraid are you? Dan you crack me up:lol: :roll:

creedfan47a
03-13-2003, 09:19 PM
I saw The Empire Strikes Back on Sunday night with Shade and Missy, then afterwards, we decided: "Talk like Yoda, I will". :D

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 09:19 PM
clouded this boy's future is (ok i'm done)

JulieCitySlicker
03-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
<b>I saw The Empire Strikes Back on Sunday night with Shade and Missy, then afterwards, we decided: "Talk like Yoda, I will". :D </b> :lol: :lol: :lol:

creedfan47a
03-13-2003, 09:21 PM
clouded this boy's future is (ok i'm done)

No, going keep. Funny you are. ;)

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 09:22 PM
it would be funny if i posted like that from now on, but it would be a pain in the ass also

hotforscott
03-13-2003, 09:22 PM
LMAO at you guys.

Hurt this boys feelings, you might.

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 09:23 PM
listen to My Own Prison, I will

creedfan47a
03-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Dan, hey, pain in the ass you wouldn't be. Funny it would be. ;)

TeriB19
03-13-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry guys, I need to start a thread..........................

DangerousDan85
03-13-2003, 09:40 PM
post in that thread, I shall

creedfan47a
03-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Now we have nothing left to say in this thread..... :(